Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hello everyone! I have been looking for months upon months for my first BJD and I believe I have my heart set on the resinsoul Tang =] I know that resinsouls usually need to be suede and restrung and I'm prepared for that. I was wondering what I should purchase before I purchase him, or just make sure I have before he comes home!! I"m so excited and want to make sure that I take really good care of him. I've read lots of reviews on resinsoul and really like their dolls. He is a 45cm so I'm a bit concerned about his size.

If anyone has any good links for YT videos or threads on gaia for how to take care of dolls, doing face ups, and good starter tips in general people link them. I'm sure others like me will appreciate it! =D I watch a lot of AsenvaBJD so if anyone knows anyone else please let me know =] thank you!

Invisible Regular

13,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I'm also very new to bjds. I just ordered a Souldoll Juhl before Christmas. One thing I know that someone should have before getting their doll is have clothes ready for them. Maybe have a wig cap in case the wig slips around. Also you probably want to make sure you have some space to put your doll. I've been cleaning my room and preparing lots of spots to work on face ups and places to put him.

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Prince Monochrome
I'm also very new to bjds. I just ordered a Souldoll Juhl before Christmas. One thing I know that someone should have before getting their doll is have clothes ready for them. Maybe have a wig cap in case the wig slips around. Also you probably want to make sure you have some space to put your doll. I've been cleaning my room and preparing lots of spots to work on face ups and places to put him.

The space thing is def a good idea! I don't have a lot of room at all which is why I am planning on getting a 1/4 and not a 1/3 doll. I have found some clothes for him too smile I swear they are more expensive that people clothes 0.o lol

Invisible Regular

13,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Lysabear
Prince Monochrome

The space thing is def a good idea! I don't have a lot of room at all which is why I am planning on getting a 1/4 and not a 1/3 doll. I have found some clothes for him too smile I swear they are more expensive that people clothes 0.o lol

Yeah, I know clothes are really expensive but I keep wanting to buy him more stuff. I plan on sewing a few outfits for him and then save up for another 1/3 boy.

Girl-Crazy Phantom

Hello!

Congrats on getting your first bjd! I would suggest having some Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (to keep him clean and helps out a lot during face ups), a low temp hot glue gun (for sueding), forceps (for restringing), ribbon (for restringing), and have a space that doesn't get any sunlight ready! 4laugh

I also suggest joining Den Of Angels! Although many say its difficult to get involved it is definitely a good place to get info! biggrin

(Its invitation only but if you need an invite I can send one!)

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
RottenTomatoJuice
Hello!

Congrats on getting your first bjd! I would suggest having some Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (to keep him clean and helps out a lot during face ups), a low temp hot glue gun (for sueding), forceps (for restringing), ribbon (for restringing), and have a space that doesn't get any sunlight ready! 4laugh

I also suggest joining Den Of Angels! Although many say its difficult to get involved it is definitely a good place to get info! biggrin

(Its invitation only but if you need an invite I can send one!)

Thank you! I'll make sure to have that before he arrives =D

I am on Den of Angels =] I really enjoy it! =D

Seo's Compadre

Invisible Dabbler

12,325 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
congratulations! 4laugh 3nodding and welcome biggrin

Blessed Explorer

5,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I second the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's one of those just in case things and it's really cheap. I would suggest also a good sturdy crochet hook for taking off the head. It really helps. Also eye putty is a good idea, the stuff they send isn't really the greatest for dolls. It will however do fine until you can get other. I've heard the clear ear plugs are great haven't tried it though.

Lonely Bookworm

Congrats. smile

I have a 70cm ResinSoul Girl body. I love it, it's very nice.
They have a very smooth resin though, and it tends to get smudges easy, so a magic eraser is great to have around. I always cut mine into little sections to use so I don't waste the cleaning product by getting the whole thing wet. (They also get really hard after they dry again, so I just cut one time use pieces) The smudges usually come right off.

Clothes are good to have, and eyes and putty. I like using Sticky Tac. You can get it at Wal-Mart or something, it's a white-ish grey color, so it won't stain or anything, and it doesn't leave a residue on your hands like the clay stuff does.

Also, I recommend you purchase him directly from ResinSoul.
Directly from them come in a nice leather carrying bag, and the extra shipping is less than what it would cost to get a carrying bag separate.
If you buy through a dealer however, they ship them in a pull string bag inside of a shipping box. The leather bags are really nice and it's worth the extra. Especially if you are new to the hobby, then you have someone nice to keep them.

Divine Firestarter

11,975 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ohh... biggrin first of all, welcome to the hobby!

Second... I'm curious, did you get Tang? I've been looking around for a video that reviews his body (I want to order Tang/Sui double jointed body, with a Mai head), but I'm little skeptical at the moment, because I hear the joints of the double jointed body, can be wonky... So I wanna know how it handles...
I recently started the bjd collecting and making hobby myself.

First off. Magic erasure is a practical must. Most of my bjds are already painted, strung and dressed (the Ai bjd dolls. super cute) But when I got little primula she had dye stains all over her legs. I had to unstring her and buff the stains off. it wasn't hard but she is small so I had to be careful. I ended up using some padded sweazers. As for the stringing. I only saw the word string. Just to safe I am going to mention what you need is elastic string so the doll will be easy to adjust.

I also suggest going to pinterst.com
It has doll patterns for all sizes and also how to to adjust patterns to fit him. Stuff that can easily be hand sewn. I wish you the best of luck and while I am still a newbie I have learned alot in my doll making studies and can share.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff