Welcome to Gaia! ::

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Notorious Sailor Uranus
Why doesn't someone use a knife and shave once in awhile? Of course if it was me I'd just shave my head, long hair would get matted up easily. I guess dental hygiene is out of the question, chewing sticks doesn't sound that good to me. sweatdrop

surprised I heard eating fruits like apples can naturally help keep your teeth clean. Not as well as toothpaste but better than nothin'

Anxious Browser

I heard Rick only shaves when it's safe. I kind of see that as being animalistic, sporting his ferocious mane.

I'm sick of Daryl and Carl's Hair...

AND ABRAHAM, its too far in perfect placement! The last episode looked like he got a humidity curl in the front, but that was just momentarily.

As far as clothing goes. I want Rosita to put on some clothes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Timid Conversationalist

explodingpeople
I think the shaving is for viewers. I know quite a few people that wouldn't watch if the girls had full blown body hair.
*shrugs* This is when authenticity vs. views from larger crowds/not hue fans of the series come into play...

Women have hair. That is just a fact of life - and showing that would be more authentic to the story. Legs and pits wouldn't be shaven. I know that wouldn't be the first thing on my mind during the apocalypse and I doubt it is or our beloved characters as well. Rosita is always struttin' around with hairless legs in shorts.

Shirtless Hunter

hmm I thhink they showed one time they cut their hair...

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
OMFG THEY SHAVED AND CHANGED CLOTHES!!!!
Genkai taught me well
surprised They never show anyone looting a supermarket for shavers or electric razors yet everyone's hair is maintained perfectly, sometimes even colored. And if everyone else is doing it, why won't Rick shave that grizzly beard? I think he needs to shave, I don't give a shrimp if he has a huge beard in the comics. Michonne shaves her armpits clearly. They should show a quick scene of that.

Also why doesn't anyone ever change? I mean they got cars with extra cargo space. During the zombie apocalypse, are people just supposed to always wear the same outfit? They go through so many people's homes and stuff.. why not change into some clean new clothes?! I'd be like "omfg dis kid got the new jordans and he's been bit. now they're mine!"

EDIT 3/1/15: INSANE! IT'S LIKE THE WRITERS SCOURED THE INTERNET, WANDERED INTO GAIA, AND READ MY POST! RICK SHAVED! THEY SHOWED HIM SHAVING.. IN DETAIL! AND HE GOT A HAIRCUT! HAHAHAHA!! THIS IS MY POWER! I DID IT! I USED THE INTERNET TO MAKE A CHANGE. I KNOW 100% THAT THIS THREAD INSPIRED THE RICK SHAVE SCENE TONIGHT! WOOO!

I know right, i am so so so so glad that the beard is gone.

Gracious Phantom

24,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I don't really like Rick's new look.
The shaving is great (that huge beard just had to go). But the haircut is dreadful :/ it made him look like he was suffering from hairloss.

Inquisitive Spirit

42,350 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Genkai taught me well
surprised They never show anyone looting a supermarket for shavers or electric razors yet everyone's hair is maintained perfectly, sometimes even colored. And if everyone else is doing it, why won't Rick shave that grizzly beard? I think he needs to shave, I don't give a shrimp if he has a huge beard in the comics. Michonne shaves her armpits clearly. They should show a quick scene of that.

Also why doesn't anyone ever change? I mean they got cars with extra cargo space. During the zombie apocalypse, are people just supposed to always wear the same outfit? They go through so many people's homes and stuff.. why not change into some clean new clothes?! I'd be like "omfg dis kid got the new jordans and he's been bit. now they're mine!"

LOL! I wonder these things too! I realize most of the time they're often, literally, running for their lives but... still.
The fact that they were so gritty, sweaty and starving recently was driving me crazy. And up pops Aaron? Looking like a fresh daisy! wink Such a contrast. Obviously there's meaning in it. Just like it's been since they arrived in Alexandria. The contrast in the people of the town to the people in 'our gang'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff