Welcome to Gaia! ::

the evans family
User Image
a guillotine gary roleplay
the storybook
User Image
The Evans family is a happy one, but they aren‘t your average family. Ms. Evans is a single mother with three kids and four grandchildren. Yes, four. He first two kids are twenty-five and twenty-two, and they both have kids, jobs, and lives of their own. Ms. Evans has welcomed the father of her daughter’s kids and the mother of her son‘s kids into her home. It‘s a full house, but the ten of them couldn‘t be happier.
the characters
User Image
Bold- Reserved
Bold & Colored
- Taken

The Oldest Son, Twenty-Five Years Old- Smart, sweet, and affectionate. He has twin boys, (age three) and a little girl (age one). He‘s a resident and hopes to be a pediatric doctor.

His Fiancé, Twenty-Five Years Old- Random, slightly immature, and generally off the wall. She works at the daycare her children attend and is studying to be a teacher.

Their Kids:
James Dalton Evans Jr.
Westley Gordon Evans
Sarah Evans

The Oldest Daughter, Twenty-Three Years Old- Loud, & stubborn. She’s a hopeless romantic and a dreamer. She has a ten-month-old daughter. She stays at home with her daughter (at her boyfriend‘s insistence), but she‘s an artist, and sells her paintings for extra cash.

Her Boyfriend, Twenty-Four Years Old- Quiet, polite, and reserved when he‘s not on stage. He’s a stand-up comedian with a huge vocabulary. He has a side job working with a moving business.

The Youngest Son, Eighteen Years Old- Sweet, hyper, and a huge pushover. He‘s very outgoing and affectionate. He sings with a screamo band.

Ms. Evans is an NPC unless requested

Nobody will play the grandchildren! When both parents are taken, they are to communicate via PM to name, and find a picture of their child(ren). Then, PM the information to me.
the rules
User Image
Follow the Terms of Service. Just needed to get that out of the way. I want quality posts which include dialog, thoughts, feelings, and other things that may need to be addressed. I would like at least two full-blown paragraphs per post. Just try to do the best you can, and I won't mind. Chat speak is not english, and is prohibited here. I want you to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation to the best of your ability. I want quotation marks around your dialog. You may use bold/italics/color etc. Please use the posting color I provided. Be sure to make it clear when you are talking in OOC, but keep the OOC to a minimum please, I will provide you with an OOC thread. Use sizes 10 or 11 font (with the exception of any headings or decoration that you add).

Please, no excess drama. No death, major injury (coma, broken backs, etc.), pregnancy, or drug use. I don't want a car accident followed by a near-death experience and topped off with a cocaine overdose. I do not appreciate, nor want anti-social characters in this roleplay. It is quite alright for your character to be timid, but don't go overboard. No ******** emos in my ******** thread! I want happy-go-lucky characters, dammit! There might be a little bit of arguing, but I still want fun characters. I have been in too many family roleplays where everyone sneaks out to parties, gets pregnant, etc. I want to see this roleplay break the mold.

PM your profile to me with the title 'Nails & Screws'. Fill out the profile completely. If you need help with the profile let me know and I can help. Also, I want pictures of real people. Celebrities are fine. I'll accept a scene/emo picture, so long as it's not hideous or one that I've seen over and over. I'll tell you if I'm not satisfied with it. Please host your own photos.
the profile skeleton
User Image

[align=center][img]IMG URL HERE[/img]
[size=8]Image Links. If None, Just Put A Quote[/size]

[size=15][color=POSTINGCOLORHERE]it‘s on my i.d. card;;[/color][/size]
[size=11]full name: (full name here)
d.o.b.: (birthday. month and day)
height: (height)
weight: (weight)
job: (job, follow the character blurb)[/size]

[size=15][color=POSTINGCOLORHERE]let‘s get personal;;[/color][/size]
[size=11]markings: (tattoos and piercings?)
innie/outie: (belly buttons. are you an innie or an outie?
allergies: (any allergies?)
dislikes: (dislikes, at least five)
fears: (fears, at least two)
soundtrack: (favorite bands/artists, at least five)
pets: (any pets?)[/size]

[size=15][color=POSTINGCOLORHERE]character spot (i.e. Oldest Son) || username [/color][/size][/align]
the profiles
User Image

User Image
Any Man Can Be A Father, It Takes A Special Man To Be A Dad.

it‘s on my i.d. card;;
full name: James Dalton Evans
d.o.b.: December Fifth
height: 6’
weight: 140 lbs.
job: Resident

let‘s get personal;;
markings: A tattoo dedicated to my twins on my right shoulder, one dedicated to my daughter on my left shoulder, and one dedicated to my future wife on my ankle.
innie/outie: Innie.
allergies: None.
likes: My family, my job, the thought of being a doctor, dogs, music, fast cars.
dislikes: Rap, spoiled kids, ignorance, most modern music, posers, liars, disrespect.
fears: Heights, drowning, losing my family.
soundtrack: Bobby Darin, Frank Sinatra, Green Day, The Clash, Johnny Cash, The Beatles, The Bloodhound Gang.
pets: None.

The Oldest Son || Guillotine Gary

User Image
A Mother's Job is Never Done

it‘s on my i.d. card;;
full name: Aisha Rae Evans
d.o.b.: January 14
height: 5'7
weight: 102 lbs
job: Day-care worker

let‘s get personal;;
markings: Tattoo on her middle back with the intitials of her husband-to-be and children
innie/outie: Innie!
allergies: Penicillin, pecans, and bee stings
likes: Her husband, her children, her job, sweets, having fun, being herself
dislikes: Roaches, messy things, yelling, airplanes, insects [except butterflies]
fears: Drowning, losing her family
soundtrack: Linkin Park, Apocolypyica, Evanescence, Jonas Brothers, Utada Hikaru
pets: Miniature schnouzer named Ginger or Gigi

Oldest Son's Fiancee || Nicholleyla

User Image
superman'll save me.

it‘s on my i.d. card;;
full name: Autumn Elizabeth Evans.
d.o.b.: April fourth.
height: 5'4.
weight: 110 lbs.
job: artist.

let‘s get personal;;
markings: Belly button ring.
innie/outie: Middle-ie?
allergies: I claim to be allergic to broccoli..
likes: Talking, painting, the internet, my sims2 games, my inherited easel.
dislikes: Broccoli, racism, un-artistic people, shyness, dead silence.
fears: Mountain lions, getting lost, swimming at the beach.
soundtrack: Coldplay, The Fray, Counting Crows, Nickelback, Linkinpark.
pets: A cat named Smitty.

oldest sister || o p t i m i s t i c xx

User Image
It Takes An Italian To Do It Right.

it‘s on my i.d. card;;
full name: Kyler David Verone
d.o.b.: April Fifth.
height: 5'11
weight: 145
job: Mover, With Gigs As A Stand-Up Comedian

let‘s get personal;;
markings: None.
innie/outie: Outie.
allergies: None.
likes: Wit, Humor, My Family, Life, Passions, Good Books, The Princess Bride.
dislikes: Vulgarity, Large Bodies Of Water, Veggies, Religion, Arguments.
fears: Chickens (Birds In General), Airplanes, Chimps.
soundtrack: Jack Johnson, John Mayer, The Police, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd.
pets: None.

The Oldest Daughter's Boyfriend || Mrs. Dicaprio
the setting
User Image
We live in London, England in a large house.
It‘s Friday, July Fourteenth, 2008 at 5:15 PM.
Everyone’s off work or just now getting off.
Mrs. Evans is working until seven.
Open. Join.
User Image
"You off for the night, Jim?" Brian, a fellow resident asked.

"Yep." was his quick reply, "I've gotta get home to my kids. Have a good weekend, Brian."

James Evans made his way out the front door of the hospital and out to his car. His life was pretty hectic lately, what with kids and wedding plans, and there was nothing like a long drive home to unwind. As soon as the key was turned, the car shuddered to life and The Clash poured from the speakers. He drove like a maniac when he was alone in the car.

Hence the reason he was home almost ten minutes early. He made his way up the driveway and into the house, running upstairs to change out of his scrubs. He put on jeans and a black sweater, and went downstairs to wait for Aisha and the kids.
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxautumn

A thin, blonde-haired girl put down her damp paintbrush. "And painting is done for the afternoon," she said lazily. The girl was Autumn Evans, the most widely-known artist in.. the neighborhood. But that never held back dreams of making it big - hey, you gotta keep trying. Brown eyes sparkled in the mirror across from her, and she once again hesitated that she was beautiful. "My boyfriend's just a really good liar." Autumn sat anxiously on the couch, waiting for her brother to return home.

After thirty minutes of waiting, she began to drift off to sleep. But not before her phone rang. She stuffed her hand into the pocket of her jeans and put it on vibrate. But then a faint giggle escaped her mouth, because as you should know, a phone vibrating in your jeans in very ticklish. It then turned into a laugh and she had to get up. This time, she turned the damn thing off. Autumn walked quietly into the kitchen and made herself a bowl of cereal. The milk had probably been over expired, but she could care less. It was Captain Crunch, and she thought to herself as she looked at the small pieces of sugar, God, I need to get a life.
User Image
Kyler Verone.

"Ouch!" Kyler exclaimed, hopping around on one foot and cursing under his breath. He'd just managed to drop yet another box of pots and pans onto his foot. How many times had he done this today? He'd lost count. Ah, the joys of moving boxes for a living. Oh well, he had to earn his keep somehow. He groaned one last time and hefted the box into his arms again, making his way up to the front porch. Normally, he'd be carrying a few boxes at a time, but this was the last one of the day.

Kyler pushed open the door, placing this final box atop a few others, then hurrying his way out to an older man standing near the van. This man was Bill, his boss. After a quick conversation, he received his check and was on his way. Thank god for Fridays. His back hurt, his fingertips were callused, his feet were near blistered and cramped in his steel-toed boots, and his stomach was amazingly empty.

It was back home to his daughter, and the love of his life. But first, to the bank! Our hero slid into his ancient red Taurus and turned the key in the ignition. The engine shuddered a bit and started. He made a quick trip to the bank. After cashing his check, and leaning out the window to put the capsule back in the tube, Kyler fastened his seatbelt and drove off; making his way to the grocery store. In a house full of small kids, milk was always in high demand, but he had a few other things to pick up as well. He strolled through the front doors and was immediately ambushed by sound and people.

A woman was attempting to shop for produce, but was having a hard time retrieving a fallen cucumber because her obviously pregnant abdomen was getting in the way. To make matters worse, there was a screaming toddler in the cart that had dropped his cup on the ground. Naturally, he rushed to help. He retrieved the fallen vegetable and handed it to the woman, who thanked him him with a smile and slipped it into a plastic produce bag. He forced his aching back to bend over and grab the sippy cup, and handed it to the boy, who shut up quickly.

Finally, Kyler emerged from the store holding a gallon of milk, a dozen roses, and a bag containing a two liter bottle of Coke, a pack of cigarettes, and a couple of candy bars. Naturally, the last three items were to feed his addictions. He was trying to give up smoking, but he hadn't been very successful.

Eventually, he made it home, bursting through the door and into the kitchen to stow the milk and the Coke in the fridge. There, he saw Autumn with her bowl of cereal. After putting away the milk and the soda, he stuffed the bag containing cigarettes and candy into his pocket and snuck up on Autumn from behind, wrapping his arms around her slim waist. He placed the roses on the counter and placed a kiss on Autumn's cheek.

"Those are for you." he said, as if it wasn't obvious, "Is the beastie sleeping?" he asked, referring to his daughter.

Friendly Gaian

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
User Image
Aisha Rae Evans
Just~Call~Me~Mommy

Aisha sighed as she changed yet another dirty diaper. She loved all of the kids at the daycare, but goodness, where all the infants on fiber formula? She smiled down at the little child wriggling under her hands and tickled him gently before snapping his onesie closed and redressing him in his baby blue jeans. "All set, Johnny," Aisha cooed to him before hoisting him up onto her hip and walking back to the front room. She grinned as she spied his mother and walked over to her. The smiling mother reached out her arms towards her child and Aisha plopped him down in them. "See you on Monday, Mrs. Richardson!"
She waved goodbye to the two before closing the door and running a hand through her dark hair. It was closing time and she had to get her children home. Now where were they? She walked into the playroom, spotting the twins playing in the corner with some toy trucks and her little girl in one of those electronic baby-swing-thingies. She was fast asleep, even at five in the afternoon. She smiled softly, going over and picking up Sarah, who blinked her eyes open for a moment before plopping her head on Aisha's shoulder. "James, Westley, come on now. Daddy's waiting at home for us," she called over to the two little boys. The two quickly abandoned the yellow vehicles and ran over to their young mother, who grinned at them and patted their heads lovingly.
After snapping the two into their carseats and settling Sarah into her own, she closed the back door and went to the driver's seat, quickly buckling her seatbelt and turning the key in the ignition. After about ten minutes of driving, she turned onto into the neighborhood and headed towards the house she shared with so many people. Waving to a passing woman, she finally arrived at home, sighing contentedly. Thank God it was the weekend. But that didn't mean her work was over. The twins were soon released from their leathery confines and bounced happily to the front door chanting "Daddy" excitedly. Aisha cradled Sarah in her arms and went to the door, not needing to unlock it, and went on inside, the twins brushing past her, immediately spotting their father and nearly tackling his legs. Aisha smiled and went over to her husband, leaning up and kissing his cheek. "We're home..." she told him, although he probably already knew that, and hugged his waist, careful of the still slumbering infant she held.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff