Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

.we lost ourselves in the
                                                                        x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .
                                                                        madebyallyI xxx W I S H xxx Y O U xxx C O U L D xxx H A V E xxx S E E N xxx U S . xxx I xxx W I S H xxx Y O U xxx C O U L D xxx H A V E xxx S E E N xxx U S . xxx
                                                                        begging for change 。↯´ to get home .
                                                                        madebyally━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( or at least san francisco ) ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                        `LET'S PUT A TEN ON THE HIGH CARD * AND // SPEND : A SUMMER ON THE WEST COAST

◣ idea so much nope
                                                                                    ◣ moderators n/a
                                                                                    ◣ literacy lazy-lit (300+ words)
                                                                                    ◣ pictures google
                                                                                    ◣ coding no nu friendz
                                                                                    ◣ status open / accepting
                                                                                    ◣ theme talent, romance, drama, summer
                                                                                    ◣ out of character here
                                                                                    ◣ profile here

milestone camp - located in fort lauderdale, florida - has been around since the early 1900s.
                                                                                      it originally started out as a camp for children and teens, ranging from six to nineteen year olds,
                                                                                      with one or multiple talents to battle against each other. however, near the end of the century, it
                                                                                      became widely known for introducing talent into the big world of fame. the head of the camp
                                                                                      decided to switch things up a bit, and instead of it being a rivalry camp, it would be a camp for
                                                                                      youths to strengthen one specific talent. each year, twelve people are accepted and remain
                                                                                      there each summer until they are of the age of nineteen. these twelve people are either
                                                                                      extremely talented or come from a family of wealth and fame. if you have been accepted, best of
                                                                                      luck. try not to crack under the pressure.

User Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .
                                                                        madebyallyI xxx W I S H xxx Y O U xxx C O U L D xxx H A V E xxx S E E N xxx U S . xxx I xxx W I S H xxx Y O U xxx C O U L D xxx H A V E xxx S E E N xxx U S . xxx

◣ general
                                                                                    follow the tos. this is an absolute must. if you disobey it, you will be instantly removed from
                                                                                    the roleplay. romance is highly encouraged, and i would love to see it, but once the clothes
                                                                                    come off, timeskip that s**t. let's keep this pg-13, alright, folks. as you can already tell, cussing
                                                                                    is fine. not every word though. no sailor business up in ha. since i am the creator of this thread,
                                                                                    my word goes. include everyone, in the roleplay and in the ooc. plot! i cannot stress that enough.
                                                                                    DO NOT JOIN IF YOU ARE GOING TO DISAPPEAR. AT ALL.

◣ posting
                                                                                    as i've already stated, this is a lazy-lit to adv. lit roleplay. i expect at least 300 words per post,
                                                                                    even if you have writers block. because i'm a nice person, i'll let it slip occasionally.
                                                                                    i'm not a grammar nazi, and i don't want anyone else to be. personally, i find those quite annoying.
                                                                                    if you make a mistake here and there, that's fine! try to do your best though, and spell check is
                                                                                    your best friend! i'd like for you to post once a week, and i'd love for you to post more than once
                                                                                    a week, but i understand that life is busy at times. color dialogue, italicize thoughts. a picture and
                                                                                    a name is a-okay, but if you'd like to get all fancy, feel free to do so! also, post in third-person!

◣ applying & characters
                                                                                    since i'm quite lazy, there will only be a short profile to fill out. send it to me titled whatever.
                                                                                    however, i'd love to see test forums dedicated to your character(s)! not a must! feel free to use
                                                                                    whoever as a faceclaim. i'm iffy on over-used celebrities, but i don't mind them. just be sure to
                                                                                    include some diversity. please have the profile in two days after applying. i'd like to get things
                                                                                    moving along, so i apologize for the short amount of time given. as for characters, you may have
                                                                                    two. however, one must be a male and the other a female. there will be six males and six
                                                                                    females. diversity is a must. make them have random as hell personalities. their skin can
                                                                                    be green or rainbow for all i care. a human is a human. they can have whatever sexuality. i don't
                                                                                    want to see all blondes or brunettes, etc. don't make all of them have sad backgrounds. it's
                                                                                    depressing and over-used. you get what i'm saying.

◣ etc.
                                                                                    okay, i hate having tons and tons of rules. if there's anything else i need to include, i will add it
                                                                                    here in bold and announce it in the announcement section. oh, speaking of that, be sure to check
                                                                                    it often so you won't be clueless! drama is encouraged, of course. i'd love to see it, but when it
                                                                                    comes to fighting, as in fist fighting, try to keep it limited to two or three posts instead of twenty.
                                                                                    i've seen fights last forever in roleplays, and it gets boring to read. if your characters hate each
                                                                                    other, that's fine, but keep that hate strictly between the characters and not between you in the ooc.
                                                                                    time for the biggest rule of 'em all, have fun!

User Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .

◣ welcoming bonfire
                                                                                    for all of the new arrivals (which is only our twelve characters), a bonfire will be held as a
                                                                                    congrats on being accepted into the program. it will be held on june 21st, the first day of
                                                                                    summer! it starts at 9pm and end at 11pm. here, you may roast marshmallows, dance with a
                                                                                    partner to the music, swim in the lake and just have an overall good time. become
                                                                                    acquaintances, and enjoy yourselves!

User Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

User Imagexxxxx

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .

the dancer - taken ; the artist - taken ; the vocalist - taken ; the musician - taken ; the writer - taken

User Image

xxx EMILEE FEI SMITH

NICKNAMES em, emi
                                                                        AGE seventeen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY december twenty-fourth
                                                                        GENDER female
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        ROLE the introverted artist
                                                                        USERNAME so much nope

HISTORY I was born and raised in England, and I moved here, to Florida, my first year of highschool. My mother grew ill after giving birth to my little brother, Alfie, and is unable to care for herself, so I took care of her when I wasn't at school or working. A nurse is in charge at the moment. My old man is successful in business and is rarely home, so we're a rather wealthy family. I was somewhat bullied throughout middle school for being unsociable and "awkward", and I never really met anyone's standards to be considered popular, and I didn't want to. Although I've developed certain habits (which are secrets), I'm alright with how I am, y'know.

LIKES rainy days ;; fancy rats & insects ;; collecting porcelain dolls ;; observing ;; oversized sweaters
                                                                        DISLIKES meat ;; warm weather ;; crowded areas ;; closed-mindedness ;; losing concentration

User Image

xxx CHARLOTTE SAGE HAROLDS

NICKNAMES charlie, sage
                                                                        AGE eighteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY april seventh
                                                                        SEXUALITY pansexual
                                                                        GENDER female
                                                                        ROLE the persuasive musician
                                                                        USERNAME glasss

HISTORY My passion for music started developing back when I was only five years old. My parents were obsessed with the idea of their only child being active, therefore made me choose a class I’d regularly attend. I decided to play the violin—I’m still not sure what exactly made me pick that instrument, but it was the right choice. I had my first bigger concert at seven years of age, tutors telling my parents how talented I was. It never got into my head, though. It’s always been about music and the sheer joy of just holding the instrument and pulling its strings. Five years, several concerts and competitions later I decided to take up another hobby- playing a guitar. It didn’t me take long to master that too.

In high school I joined a band called Burning Tears. I thought the name of the band was absolutely ridiculous, but I clicked with the band members fairly quickly. We recorded our first song by the end of my freshman year; it was recorded in our garage and the quality of the song wasn’t the best, but I was incredibly proud of it, because I pretty much wrote the whole thing. I even included the violin and it sounded great. But I was torn between my first love- the violin, and the guitar, which has always made me feel like I was a part of something important. Decision to try and keep up with both of them was bold, but I organized my time and somehow succeeded. I successfully finished high school, recorded an album with my band and attended many concerts. I can’t wait to see what’s to come!

LIKES coffee and tea;; reading history novels;; horror movies;; anything that's got to do with music;; exploring
                                                                        DISLIKES having to wake up early;; shouting;; discourtesy;; nail biting;; not being able to do what she wants

User Image

xxx RORA MIRABELLA INGLES

NICKNAMES just rora & mira
                                                                        AGE nineteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY february fifteenth
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER female
                                                                        ROLE the keen writer
                                                                        USERNAME mephitical_kitty

HISTORY Unlike most, I was born in the lovely ‘sunshine state’, but not raised. My parents moved around quite a bit for their work and as such, I’ve been to many places. Which doesn’t bother me much, one would think it would, but it doesn’t. What better way to experience things? Due to this, at the age of eleven, I took up writing – mostly short stories and poems. My older brother always used to critic me, not in a mean or harsh way, just about as helpful as one could get. He was always the first one to read my stories and I guess after we moved back to Florida to settle down; I still send him the rough drafts of anything I’m writing.

LIKES writing ;; reading ;; any and all sweets ;; anything home or handmade ;; && star gazing
                                                                        DISLIKES any loud unexpected noises ;; blackouts ;; being made fun of ;; not being able to help someone when they need it ;; && someone being disappointed in me

User Image

xxx ALEXANDRIA ELYSSA ROBERTS

NICKNAMES alex
                                                                        AGE seventeen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY january first
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER female
                                                                        ROLE the feisty actress
                                                                        USERNAME frozen clarity

HISTORY Born to Diana Marie Roberts and Jason Dallas Roberts, I, a natural red head, was brought into the world nineteen years ago. Unfortunately, I lost my mother five hours into my tiny little life, too much blood loss. It was when I was five that my father remarried to Susan Cristi Roberts. With a total of four siblings, my oldest brother, Craig, is the only who shares both a mother and father with me. My step-brother Jeremy is the same age as me and I have half-sisters, twins, Vivian and Margaret who are nine. Oddly enough I get along better with Jeremy then I do Craig. I was six when dance classes started, and not because my step-monster wanted to get rid of me. I actually fell love with the art of it and begged for over a year. In high school I joined most of the school plays and musicals. It was my freshman year of high school that I actually fell in love with the acting world and changed my mind on what I wanted to be.

LIKES rain; dancing; swimming; running; wolves
                                                                        DISLIKES thunder storms; snakes; cooking; what does the fox say; sesame street

User Image

xxx WENDY SEO

NICKNAMES wendy... or if you know her korean name, which is chun hei.
                                                                        AGE eighteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY june sixth
                                                                        SEXUALITY bisexual
                                                                        GENDER female
                                                                        ROLE the tomboyish vocalist
                                                                        USERNAME kahoriheichou

HISTORY Well, where should I start? I'm Wendy Seo, musician, eighteen, Korean. My parents are pure Koreans and are currently in the said country. I've been in the US for more than three years now because of music. I used to be the vocalist of an indie band in Korea. A foreign "label" discovered us and that's how we ended up here. Turns out, we were scammed. Our band later disbanded and I have trouble contacting my ex-bandmates. I'm really worried about them so I'm trying my best to find them but I have to look out for myself and my own family too. Either way, my family in Korea doesn't know that our band was a failure. I don't wanna tell them... yet. I'm still not ready.

I was in NYC working multiple part-time jobs when some rich old lady heard me sing. She said I have potential and she's more than willing to invest a hefty amount of cash in me. I don't trust her since she's just a regular customer and we're strangers. Still, she gave me her business card and initial information about the talent camp she spoke of. After nights and days of thinking it over and consulting colleagues, I decided to give it a shot. And now I'm here. Hopefully, this'll turn out good so I'd have something good to show my parents when I get back to Korea.

LIKES family ;; music ;; animals ;; apple juice ;; video games ;; nature
                                                                        DISLIKES boredom ;; distractions ;; strobe lights ;; pests ;; heights

User Image

xxx DAHLIA LINN STRÖMBERG

NICKNAMES just dahlia, please
                                                                        AGE eighteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY august twenty-third
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER female
                                                                        ROLE the tireless dancer
                                                                        USERNAME avk4t3

HISTORY I was born in Stockholm, Sweden to two economics professors. I don't come from a long line of dancers, nor do I come from a tremendous amount of money. My grandmother was the one to introduce me to the world of dance when I was 4, she always loved the idea of having a prima ballerina daughter (but my mother chose to be a professor instead). She opened up a whole new world to me and I fell so hopelessly in love with it. My grandmother funded my lessons, bought my costumes and slippers, drove me to recitals and did everything necessary to raise a beautiful dancer. I worked tirelessly to show her that I was worth the effort she was putting in. We began to explore the rest of the dance world, and at 7, I was enrolled in contemporary, lyrical, ballroom, and tap classes. Between the hours of practice, lessons, and schoolwork, I never got time to socialize with anyone other than the dancers in my dance company. I'm not awkward at all, I just don't know how to socialize. Sometimes my silence can come off as rude but I promise I don't mean it, I probably do want to talk to you... I'm just not sure how. I'm better at communicating through dance because that is where my feelings and thoughts shine through. So maybe watch me sometime and you'll understand.

I moved to America to live with my uncle and his family. My reasoning to my parents was that I wanted to expand my knowledge in dance and that there are many more opportunities in America than in Sweden. They're a little upset with me for wanting to move but they understand my love of dance and they trust my determination. They know I will work 27 hours in a 24 hour day if it means achieving perfection. Getting accepted to Milestone Camp was probably the best thing that could have happened in my life thus far; I'm so excited to be immersed in my art. I've built my life around dance and have come so far as to actually be willing to leave my life at home. Nothing in this world will stop me from reaching absolute perfection.

LIKES vanilla bean scones ;; romance novels and movies ;; yoga ;; roses ;; rainy and cloudy weather
                                                                        DISLIKES poor hygiene ;; alcoholic beverages ;; rowdy people ;; slackers ;; chocolate

xxxxxUser Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .

the photographer - taken ; the chef - taken ; the genius - taken ; the actor - open ; the game designer - taken ; the athlete - open

User Image

xxx AYDYN HEITH DAVIS

NICKNAMES ayd
                                                                        AGE ninteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY july eleventh
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER male
                                                                        ROLE the spontaneous photographer
                                                                        USERNAME so much nope

HISTORY I was raised in Florida, here, along with my three older sisters, one of which has low-functioning autism. I've never actually met my mother, but I've heard tons of stories, and I came to the conclusion that I can live without ever meeting her. My father is a good man, though he hasn't exactly been with a woman for too long at a time; they always end up cheating on or leaving in the end. I took an interest in photography when I was nine-years-old, when my oldest sister took me out with her and her boyfriend - at the time - to the beach and asked me to take pictures of the scenery for her. I knew, at that moment, that this is what I wanted to do for a living, and so, here I am.

LIKES adventures ;; reading ;; swimming ;; nighttime ;; frozen sweets
                                                                        DISLIKES flirtatious girls ;; sitting still ;; biting flies ;; sport or action movies ;; unoriginality

User Image

xxx RORY MATTHEW DAWSON

NICKNAMES rory, or just dawson
                                                                        AGE nineteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY december 12th
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER male
                                                                        ROLE the defiant video game designer
                                                                        USERNAME inhaIant

HISTORY As you already know my name is Rory Matthew Dawson, but please call me Rory or Dawson. I was born and raised in Florida, to uhm very strict parents. Even though they were born in England themselves, they have an accent. It slightly rubbed off on me, and it slips out once and awhile. All my life, it was full of rules and yelling. I am the only child as well, so my parents were always hovering over me. It was so pressuring , so I acted on my instincts. That's when I became defiant to the rules, and decided to do what I want when I wanted. Yeah, it was never a pretty sight, most of the time I was out or in my room fiddling with technology. School and technology was my escape of reality whenever I was having a shitty day. My strict father was head of the household, bringing home the money from his gaming development job. My sensitive mother was a working teacher at a Elementary School. I guess you could call us a rich family, but I could really care less about the money we have.

I started to notice my talent around 9th grade. It all started with V-Logs on Youtube, I became famous instantly after doing video gaming/designer videos. I even decided to show up at Youtube events and what not. That's when I decided to notch it up to the next level. I started to take in small job offers here and there from my friends. Most were school projects, and I helped many people pass, and even made a good amount of cash by it. By the time I finished high school, I put my mind and focus on my gaming designing skills. This summer I decided to better my skills at this new camp. Its going to be new since I never went to a talent camp before. Hopefully after this, I will be able to pursue my dreams, enroll into a technical college, and take my fathers place in the Gaming Industry

LIKES gaming/designing ;; sleeping;; the outdoors;; comedies;; working out
                                                                        DISLIKES spicy foods;; natural disasters;; rain;; cold weather;; clowns

User Image

xxx ISAAC CALLAWAY

NICKNAMES just isaac
                                                                        AGE seventeen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY september seventeenth
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER male
                                                                        ROLE the lighthearted genius
                                                                        USERNAME five seconds of summer

HISTORY If you must know, There are two principal facts about me. The first thing being that I am what is the sum of two Yale graduates with impeccable character. The second thing is, I believe in destiny. That's all.

Naturally, I've always been engrossed in learning. I think it's not only enjoyable, but it gives me a sense of thrill; to explore the unknown parts of the world. Low-key adventure, if you will. I grew up in the heart of New York. As a child prodigy, I was spoiled with what was known as "riches" and lots and lots of kisses. Let me tell you, I was a mother ******** baller. Life was luxurious until the age of four, when they realized that I was a way overindulged little smart-a**. So I waved good-bye to my endless collection of toy cars and was shipped off to the sun-kissed state of Florida. Here, we took a fresh start. I was enrolled in school, learned to stop being a b***h, even picked up a few hobbies like journalism, guitar and lacrosse. Of course, these were only a few of the things I was permitted to learn.

In the past seventeen years that I have been alive, I've never known the true meaning of "freedom" or "liberty". Don't get me wrong, my parents raised me wonderfully, it's just that..I've never been entitled to..anything. And now I'm damn near an adult, eighteen in a few months, and my mom and dad have got this elaborate plan for my future. I'm just struggling to find a way to spill this internal war that has been waged in my head. The truth is, I don't want to go to Yale and I don't want to be a lawyer. But my parents expect me to share their same vision. In fact, they demand it. Which brings me back to my second point that I earlier brought up, destiny. What I believe is that my life has greater goods to bring, which doesn't necessarily involve years of doing something I have no interest in. My whole life, they've painted me this glamorous portrait of law school, in which I saw only the silver lining. Well, that's no longer the case.

See, I've got all this information crammed inside this brain of mine. Ask me about the anatomy of the human digestive system and I will hand over a full detailed report. Ask me about the original 151 Pokémon and I will go ahead a list every single one. Ask me about myself - ah. Now you've got me choked up. I guess that's why I'm here. To..find myself? I know, sounds disgustingly cliché.

LIKES classic literature; adventure; lowlight; long showers; puns
                                                                        DISLIKES narrow-mindedness; clutter; being overestimated; graphite pencils; sleeping in

User Image

xxx YONI SPENCER COHEN

NICKNAMES just yoni
                                                                        AGE nineteen
                                                                        BIRTHDAY february seventh
                                                                        SEXUALITY heterosexual
                                                                        GENDER male
                                                                        ROLE the spirited chef
                                                                        USERNAME fanui

HISTORY I grew up with my mom and grandma, both the undeservingly scorned wives of men who wouldn't stick around to raise their kids. Yeah, I never knew my dad, but it's no skin off my back — hell, I wouldn't be here at this camp if it wasn't for the influence those two women alone had on my life. Grandma had me preparing five course meals for the family by the time I was ten, and I always found joy in it, especially since my mom worked long hours at a shitty job. I knew it made her happy to come home to a set table. My cooking finesse also aided me in building a social life — I've actually always been a pretty awkward guy, but no one cared about that when I was bringing bomb a** cookies to school every Friday. Eventually, I learned that if I approached everything with ridiculous amounts of enthusiasm, people would like me... So that's what I did, and it suited me. Despite not coming from money, I was always surrounded by others, even without trying. It gets suffocating sometimes, but I like it. It keeps the bad thoughts away.

LIKES jazz music ;; indian cuisine ;; reptiles ;; the great outdoors ;; poetry
                                                                        DISLIKES snobby attitudes ;; rules ;; cold weather ;; insensitivity ;; fast food

xxxxxUser Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .

◣ temperature ninety-two degrees fahrenheit
                                                                                    ◣ sky clear, sunny
                                                                                    ◣ wind slight breeze
                                                                                    ◣ date june twenty-first, 2014
                                                                                    ◣ time around noon

User Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

x BR!GHT LIGHTSx .

◣ faq
                                                                          Q: where is milestone camp located?
                                                                          A: fort lauderdale, florida

Q: when is lights out?
                                                                          A: midnight (12am)

Q: what exactly is in each cabin?
                                                                          A: two bunk-beds, two dressers with three drawers, a ceiling fan, a couple of shelves, a rocking
                                                                          chair, two bedside tables holding lamps

Q: are any of the locations off-bounds?
                                                                          A: the lake is only open to swimmers from 10am to 10pm. the cafeteria is open from 6am to
                                                                          9am for breakfast, 11pm to 2pm for lunch, and 6pm to 9pm for dinner. the sports field is to not
                                                                          be accessed unless you are supervised by jim morrison, the athletic instructor. the entertainment
                                                                          room is open from 12pm to 11:30pm. everything else is open from 6am to 12am.

Q: who are the NPC instructors?
                                                                          A: jim morrison - athletic ;; carrey hillstone - art ;; miranda adams - dance ;; monica hewitt - drama
                                                                          dewayne west - tech ;; josie bushe - vocals ;; peyton wells - instrumental ;; andrew hewitt &
                                                                          terry cline - librarians ;; melanie armstrong, elyssa davenport & amy gheesling - cafeteria workers
                                                                          robert cowls - camp head sorry for using actors

Q: when does class/training start?
                                                                          A: you must attend class or training for - at least - seven hours in between the time of 8am and 6pm

any other questions that anyone has in mind will be answered here.

◣ thread created
                                                                          eighth of august

◣ thread opened
                                                                          eleventh of august

◣ assigning of cabins
                                                                          cabin one- samuel, charlotte, dancer (missing pro), wendy
                                                                          cabin two- rora, isaac, dunbar, yoni
                                                                          cabin three- alexandria, emilee, aydyn, rory

◣ opening post
                                                                          each person already knows their cabin number, so they go on a search for their cabin and unpack,
                                                                          meet the others and all that fun stuff. since it will be around noon that they arrive, they can go to
                                                                          the cafeteria and eat lunch, too. then, later that night is the welcoming bonfire, and everyone is
                                                                          to attend!

User Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

Sparkly Ladykiller

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas