xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Our story starts in a quiet town. Sort of. The home town of a few adolescents. They grew up here together, they mingled, they fell in and out of love (not necessarily within the group at all.) But our story doesn't end here. High school ends. They grow up, they move on, they move away. The group falls apart for quite a few years.

They're adults (somewhat) now. It is late September when each of them receive a letter. It was time for them to reunite. Nobody really knows the reason, but the handwriting is that of Kailee, the oldest of the group. She has rented out an mansion in a far side of the state. She never really states a specific reason for it, but she has never really led them wrong before. The group is supposed to meet there, and she has ownership of the estate for a few weeks. Some take it as a chance for a vacation, others as an opportunity to travel.

But they all have secrets. It has been roughly three years since they have seen each other. They have their own lives, some more somber and dark than other's. None the less, none of them have shared. They all carry their own burdens. Once a group full of love, affection, and general foolishness, now has a heavy weight hung over their heads. Their secret is tucked away, even their loved ones don't know. What they don't know won't hurt them, right?

Wrong.

Upon arrival, they see this beautiful, albeit old building. It is gated in, with a large yard full of statues and wilted floral. The building is four stories, counting the attic and basement, though the large basement is strictly off limits. Kailee hasn't been given a specific reasoning for why, but has decided to let it go. The mansion is placed off of a long path that leads out of a thickly wooded area. Civilization is quite a few miles away, and the closest town is very small and run down. Electricity works, but is spotty, and there is no cell phone or internet reception.

They are isolated. Aside from each other, they have nobody to turn to.

Everything starts off pretty average. Typical reunion. Everyone gets settled in their rooms. Some partner up with each other to save space. Others room alone. It all seems so serene, even if it is a bit isolated and just the bit creepy at night.

Then it begins. It starts as small noises in the dark, seeing things out of the corner of your eye. Could it be? No, there was no way it could be. Were your buried secrets...following you? Is that the cry of a child that shouldn't be? They begin to see things that just can't be. Their secrets have bodies. Eyes that can stare at them. Voices that can haunt them.

Are they losing their minds? Can their friends see them, too? Can they explain without spilling their carefully buried secret?

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

¤ We're all big kids. We know the basic rules. No godmodding, no elaborate sex scenes, the usual. We've been at this long enough.
¤ This is a Silent Hill [ish] based roleplay. Not severely, but the concept of your secrets haunting you came from Silent Hill.
¤ That being said, we're starting subtle. If your secret is you had an abortion, it might start with smelling baby powder, to hearing a baby crying at night. We'll discuss how fast it escalates from there.
¤ To reserve, send me a PM with "Blaring Silence" as the title and a link to a sample. It doesn't have to be huge. Just enough that I know that you can type out a paragraph and not stumble over basic grammar constantly.
¤ I'm not picky on post length. At least one paragraph. Quality over quantity. I don't want a ten paragraph spiel on how your character is brushing her teeth. But I do want something decent. I can't handle tiny, weak posts every time.
¤ Please, post at least once a week, if not more. If you're leaving, let me know, so we can either move on and bring you along, or if you're going for good, so we can kill your character off.
¤ Be respectful of others. We know how to behave, children.
¤ We're starting when they get to the manor. Don't try to start in the middle of the drama.
¤ Utilize the OOC. We like drama and plotting.
¤Posting styles! At least a picture and colored/bolded for speech. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but I need at least that much.
¤ Enjoy the ride, kids.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Kailee May Serath
The Defective Doll
24/Veterinary Assistant/The Lover Fights

Hazinyul KatokaTizenketto
Zephyrantha
20/Unknown/The Cursed

Adeline Valerie Hawthorne
ChimeraMistress
23/Doctor/The Victim Strikes Back

Jonathon Brian Clouse
Corifish
23/Unknown/Three Faces of Loss

Peter Cole Blackburn
Andante.Lola
24/Biology Teacher/Arsonist For All the Right Reasons

Davik Arian-Byw
Zephyrantha
23/Disabled/Blind Anger

[size=10][img]Image here, no bigger than 400x400 if you can help it. NO ANIME.[/img]
[color=grey]My Name Is[/color]: [color=postingcolor]First Middle Last[/color]
[color=grey]I Am This Many:[/color] [color=color2] Age, between 19-24.[/color]
[color=grey]And I Happen to Be a:[/color] [color=color3]Female/Male?[/color]
[color=grey]This is My Story:[/color] [color=postingcolor]Background. No more than six paragraphs (some people really like to write stuff out, I don't judge. But no less than two.) Keep in mind the group has all known each other from at least high school, if not before.
[color=grey]I Have Some Quirks: [/color][color=color2] Personality, tics, anything that sets your character apart. This could also be where you can add any allergies or fears.[/color]
[color=grey]And I Have a Secret...: [/color][color=color3] Your secret. Be creative. I don't want everyone's to be an abortion. Or that you cut. Give me something good and dirty. It's a chance for you to make the character that wouldn't fit anywhere else. Murder is fun. As is a lot of other dark things. It could be abuse or an eating disorder. Whatever floats your boat. [/color]
[color=grey]Did I Mention: [/color][color=posting color] Anything you've forgotten, or didn't fit anywhere else.[/color]
[color=grey]The Force Above:[/color] [color=color2] Username here, please.[/color][/size]

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Today is

January February March April May June July August September October November December

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

The Weather is

Chilly Cold Bitter Freezing Cloudy Sunny Warm Hot Muggy Dry Raining Snowing Hailing Thunderstorm

And we are...?

Arriving at the manor!
Settled in. Weird stuff is starting to happen, but nothing super serious.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

OOC Link- Here

Profiles Go- Here!

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

we are u n b r e a k a b l e

October. It was a strange time. A time between getting ready for the winter and fighting about costumes. At least, for some people it was. Right now, it was a time for Kailee to pull herself together. Get over everything, at least pull a smile on her face. She raised her eyebrows as she pulled into the parkway. This place was absolutely huge. She had seen it once before, when she had signed the contract with the caretakers to rent it for a few weeks.

It really was ridiculous. They had hardly charged her for what she believed would be an expensive getaway. The manor was beautiful, but had a bit of a look to it that made her uneasy. Like something was watching her as she examined the outer of the building. She parked her car just outside the entrance, gathering some of her things and shoving the bags over her shoulder. Kai had the key to the manor tucked in her pocket. She dug her hand down and snatched the bits of metal, shoving it into the lock and struggling with it for a few seconds before there was a click and the door groaned ever so slightly, giving way as she shoved at it to open it.

"Don't fight with me."
She murmured softly to the door as it finally opened up, revealing a wide staircase. To the right, two doorways. One led to the kitchen, another to the formal dining room. On her left, a grand bathroom, a sitting room, and another room that could be a library if all the books hadn't fallen apart. Up the stairs were four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and two other rooms that could be used as bedrooms, but were generally used as servant's quarters back in the day. None the less, each was equipped with huge beds, their own closets, and enough room for even multiple people to be comfortable.

None the less, for the price, it was a gorgeous view, inside and out. Kai hummed softly to herself as she jogged up the staircase, and dumped her bags into one of the main bedrooms. It was the red room. The walls were a faded gold color, with red velvet curtains, and a huge canopy bed. It was covered in scarlet colored silk blankets and had tassels hanging everywhere. Over dramatic, huge, and beautiful. It was connected to a second bedroom via the bathroom, which was bigger than most people's kitchens. She admired it briefly, checking out some of the major points, like the round windows and the various mirrors scattered around the room, before scampering out and running back down the stairs.

"Welcome home!"
She called out to noone. For someone who had killed a man, she was at peace. Kailee smiled weakly to herself, perching herself on the bottom of the stairs, facing the doorway. It was now a waiting game. She wasn't sure who was coming when, and if all of them would make it, but she tried her best to connect with her old friends once more. After getting married, she had cut off from them. It wasn't on purpose, but her life got so busy, going to school, trying to deal with her husband...she just wasn't as accessible as she used to be. Kailee hoped they could forgive her. She was supposed to be their friend. The one anyone could fall back on. And she had failed them, in a way. The thoughts caused her to frown deeply, running her fingers nervously through her ginger curls.

I'm beat but I can't be broken
Knocked down, but you gave me the hope
and I can see it now
Just gotta dig it out

These scars on my heart, I own them
Dark days when my will was stolen
I can bring it back
And I'm starting to feel again
I found my heart through it all
User Image
User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User Image

❖ ❖ The old truck rumbled down the winding country roads leading to the mansion. It sputtered. It complained. But, ultimately, it was still a valid form of transportation. A young man sat in the driver's seat, thin, long fingers wrapped lazily around the steering wheel. He'd been driving for hours... Though, really, it felt like days. Despite the chilly autumn air, he slung an elbow out of the window, the sunlight warm on his skin. He leaned his head into his hand, brushing out his too-long brown hair out of his eyes. Twenty-four years old, and he was still rocking the gay-Beatle haircut.

He sighed as he watched the road, happily realizing that, for the first time in over two months, he did not have to respond to "Mr. Blackburn" for a couple days... He could just be Peter. Not that he didn't love his job as a high school biology teacher, of course. He really liked working with his students and seeing them learn... Even if half of them were insufferable little pricks that, had he twice the upper-body strength and half the self-control, he'd like to beat into a pulp.

❖ ❖ After driving up over a hill, his dark brown eyes caught sight of his "home" for the next while. Whoa. The mansion seemed to go on forever. His truck clattered to a stop beside Kailee's car. Turning the key in the ignition, the rumbling ceased. He grabbed his jacket off of the passenger's seat and slid out of his door to the back of his truck, heaving his suitcase out of the bed. He propped his aviator sunglasses up on his forehead. The bright October sun blinded him slightly, but he was able to gain a fuller appreciation for the house... Though it caused a chill to run up his spine, for some reason. It was beautiful, but he couldn't help but feel a deep sense of foreboding in the pit of his stomach. Peter wasn't the type to be superstitious. He was a science teacher, after all... but this place really gave him the creeps... Or was that just the cold October air? He lugged his suitcase up the stairs to the front door, raising his fist to knock when the door creaked open slightly. "Stuff like this happens in old houses, right? Hinges get loose? Right." He pushed open the door with his hip until it swung open enough for him to squeeze himself and his belongings through it.

❖ ❖ Stepping into the foyer, his fears melted away. It was truly beautiful. Marble floors, a grand staircase. The lavish nature of these rooms was beyond anything Peter had ever experienced. Despite the fact that he was wearing sneakers, his footsteps seemed to echo throughout the halls of the old house. He let out a weak "Hello? Kai? I, uh... saw your car outside... You here?" He continued to make his way up the stairs, his luggage trailing behind him. The chill that had plagued him outside returned, causing him to scramble up the stairs at a quicker pace than the one he had previously employed. Thinking he heard the sound of someone rustling about in one of the bedrooms, he hurried over. As a lifelong chicken-s**t, Peter was desperate to find someone else in this building... preferably someone living.

He walked past several bedrooms, all empty, in colors like the deepest blue or glorious emerald green. He was particularly drawn to the green room and set his bag down outside of it before continuing down the hall to the next room, covered in reds with golden walls. In the middle of all of the reds was yet another shade. Peter's face brightened upon seeing his friend. He gently rapped his knuckles against the dark wood of the doorframe, not wanting to scare her by speaking right out. "Hey, Kai! It's so great to see you... Thanks for setting all of this up. This place is fantastic..."
                  He shuffled his feet nervously outside of her door. This was the awkward part that he was dreading. They hadn't seen each other in three years or so. How should this go? Hug? Handshake? Awkwardly waving? He really had no idea what the social protocol was for this situation. Not to mention, it had been an embarrassingly long time since he had held a conversation with any woman who wasn't a kid at his school. As all of these thoughts were rushing through his head, he attempted to make a sort of casual throat-clearing sound... but it ended up sounding a bit more like the sound donkey would make if it had just been kicked in the balls.

Way to go, Pete. This was going to go just fine.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

This place had a way of making you feel completely alone, but stalked at the same time. There was a chill in the air, like a draft had made its way through. Kai knew that she would have to figure out how to get the huge manor properly heated while they were visiting. This would mostly be achieved by attending to the various fireplaces and hoping that they generated enough heat to keep them from freezing to death. There was electricity in the old manor, but it was spotty. The phone was hard wired, and there wasn't a great cell phone connection out here. The electricity was enough to keep a few lights on and if you were lucky, charge some electric razors and such for grooming purposes. It was by no means prepared to handle a full house full of electronics, but enough to keep everyone sane and groomed. It was a nice place to stay as long as you didn't rely on technology and the internet to keep you sane.

Then again, one could amuse themselves just by trying to navigate the manor. It was big enough to home much more people than they had in their group. That was why Kai was so surprised at the humble pricing when she inquired. She had expected something hefty and ridiculous. Out of her reach. She made a decent wage as a vet tech, but not enough, at least she thought, to afford to rent out a place like this. But luck seemed to be on her side. Maybe it was the lack of internet or cell phone service. Maybe it was the pipes that groaned like an angry old man when you took a bath. Either way, she fell in love with its imperfections. It called out to her. It was just a joy that her friends had responded and agreed to come spend some time with her in this huge old home. She didn't like the idea of being here alone. With just her thoughts and guilt to keep her company. No. Kailee didn't feel bad. She shook the thoughts away.

There was movement. It sounded like someone fighting with that angry old door. She smiled weakly, tipping her head to try and listen, maybe figure out who it was. Or if it was just the old place settling again. Her gaze was caught again by her bedroom, and she let the noises go for now. Until there was a gentle knock on the doorframe. She turned on her heel, pausing to examine the first of her friends to arrive.

"Peter!"
She looked him up and down. All grown up. But weren't they all? It had been so long, she had to examine him for a moment. Take in the changes, and the things that stayed the same. Get to know her old friend all over again. Despite the gap of time between the last time she had seen them all and now, she felt no qualms about rushing him. Her flats tapped against the hardwood floor and she scrambled towards him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. "Quit acting like a stranger!" She looked up at him, then let go, reaching and brushing a stray curl from her face.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"
Conversation quickly shifted from their reunion to the huge manor. She pressed her palms against the wall, her gaze flitting from one detail to another. "You're the only other person here. It was just me and this big ol' manor for a while. How've you been? What have you been up to?" She couldn't seem to stay on one track of thought. She was just happy to see someone other than her coworkers and her husband for so long. Her life had revolved around work and school for too long. Seeing a friend from the good parts of her life brought a new light to her eyes.

It was great, knowing that this was actually going to happen. Kailee just hoped everything would be okay. She still had some of the personality from her high school days. Still just as loving although a little withdrawn when she was tired or stressed. But what if the change shone through? What if they saw her as a killer? Someone to be feared? Kailee shook these thoughts away. She had done nothing wrong. They had always stood by her side, through thick and thin. They were a good group. Even after all this time, she had faith in them. Not enough to tell them. Maybe she would never tell anyone. It was better that way.

and I can see it now
Just gotta dig it out

I can bring it back

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Why was he even here? He didn't care about these people anymore. He didn't want to go somewhere he'd have to act... friendly... and as though nothing had ever happened. He wanted to go to a bar, drink himself into oblivion, and wake up in a gutter somewhere. Yeah, that sounded nice. But, he was here now, with a small suitcase in one hand and Cwn Annwn's harness in the other. His uncle, who'd given him a ride, had already left - so he was stuck here, no matter what he wanted. Davik listened to the sounds of a lonely old house for a while and then sighed and shook the harness to get his dog's attention. "Inside, you mutt." He felt her tail impact the backs of his knees and then she pulled him forward, not so quickly that he couldn't keep up.

He fumbled for the door handle and pushed at the door. After a moment, he resorted to kicking it open. Once it closed behind him, Davik could hear familiar voices. Kailee and Peter. Faces that he would never, ever see again. Because he was blind now. His mouth tasted sour, but he turned toward where he thought they were coming from. Annwn padded obligingly next to him, just a step in front, and the changes he felt come through her harness let him know about things like the flight of stairs that he hadn't been expecting. He paused, uncertain, but then shook the harness reluctantly and said, "Up the stairs, Annwn." She took him up, the voices of his friends growing ever louder. His toe caught on one of the treads, but he managed to keep from falling all the way back down. The crash of his ungainly recovery echoed through the house and died away, as did his subsequent swearing. Cwn Annwn licked his hand, but he jerked it away. He hated the feeling of her cold, slimy nose and her disgustingly wet tongue. Why anyone would ever like dogs was well beyond him.

Anyway, that crash had eliminated any possibility that his old friends didn't yet know he was here. Finishing the flight of stairs was like walking through treacle. He didn't want to do this. What was the point? It wasn't like they were still going to be friends. He didn't have friends anymore. But then it was too late to turn around because he was on the landing and Annwn, excited to see new people, was tugging him insistently forward. "Long time no -" Davik started to say, but cut himself off abruptly, scowling. Instead, he released Annwn's harness and listened to her heavy footsteps as she sprang forward to make new friends. She was such a stupid dog. Someday he was going to sell her to the highest bidder (and make 50p, if he was lucky) and make do on his own. If that meant he inadvertently walked into oncoming traffic, well, that's life for you. Life sucks and then you die.

"Annwn," he snapped, "Come here. Come here now, you idiotic dog." Annwn returned to his side and he snatched at her harness, missed, had to run his hand down her back, found it, picked it up. She was still antsy, hating to be so far separated, but at least this time she'd listened.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can shake your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Kailee nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a slam downstairs. It sounded like someone had assaulted the door. She frowned, looked at Peter, then peered out of her doorway. Bright blue hair at the bottom of the staircase. Davik? Of course it was! Kai grinned and clasped her hands together, passing Peter to greet their other friend at the top of the staircase. He started to greet them, then cut himself off, causing Kai to frown. What was wrong? Something was off with their old friend. Something was causing him irritation. He wasn't so happy go lucky. Usually he crashed in with a smile and a hug. He was so distant. Distant enough that Kailee hesitated when it came to greeting him. His dog, however, didn't hesitate to come to her. She laughed, kneeling down to cuddle the animal and pet her for a moment before Davik snapped for her to come back. Something was off. She paused for a long time, then really looked at him.

He didn't like the dog. Davik was struggling to find the leash that led to her harness. What happened to him? Kailee stopped short of asking, swallowing the hard question and instead smiling weakly. He couldn't...see her, could he? No. She didn't think he did. "Davik," her voice was warm but concerned. "So glad you could make it. The others should be here eventually." She couldn't have the "this place is so beautiful" talk with him. Something about him made her uncomfortable. What happened to the sweet kid that she could flock to? What happened to the warm demeanor that caused so many people to like him? It was definitely Davik. There was no missing that voice or his hair. But something was terribly wrong.

"How've you been? What have you been up to?"
Dancing around the fact that he was blind now. Something terrible had happened, and she didn't know what. Kailee wanted so badly to just run and hug him. But it was practically an aura humming around him that he didn't really want anyone close to him. Even the sweet seeing dog that he had with him. "We have a ton of room, and since you're early, you have pick of some of the best rooms!" Her voice faltered from warm and inviting to nervous. The blindness didn't phase her. The dog didn't bother her. The bitterness in his voice scared her. Where was the sweet teenager with the adorable accent? Was this how it was going to be? Everyone grew up and got miserable?

and I can see it now
Just gotta dig it out

I can bring it back
User Image
User Image

User Image

❖ ❖ Peter's eyes widened a bit as his high school friend crashed into him. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her in response. After she pulled away, he looked around the room, actually finding himself leaning forward slightly for one more sniff of her hair. How long had it been since he'd made physical contact with a human being? Months? Why wasn't he out trying to find dates? More importantly, could he be a bigger creep? Seriously, sniffing your friend's hair? Sit down, Charlie. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he shoved his hands into his pockets. "It's definitely beautiful! It's hard to believe something so ornate even exists out here... I think I'm, uh, gonna take that green room next door. Is that alright?" He shuffled around a bit more, leaning against the dark wood of the threshold. "I've been good, though! I'm actually teaching high school biology... weird, right? What about you? You're looking fantastic!" He was starting to relax. An easy smile crossed his face and he let out a happy sigh.

❖ ❖ His contentment was to be short-lived. Before Kai could answer his question, his head whipped around at the sound of the crash on the stairs. As Kai breezed past him, he craned his neck to see the blue-haired man come down the hallway, Labrador in tow. The hair on the back of his neck prickled in response to his mere presence. Davik. They had been relatively close in high school... Though there was always something about him that had rubbed him the wrong way. In his memories, Davik was a relatively positive presence. Quick with a joke, he rivaled Peter in the sarcasm department... which is so different from the vibe he was putting off now. Anger. Resentment. Bitterness... The polar opposite of the dog that, obediently upon release from his handler, came bounding up to he and Kai, obviously starved for affection. He immediately crouched down to greet the dog, smiling as he did so.

❖ ❖Peter had always grown up with animals. His mother, being a veterinarian, had made sure that their house had always been filled with a menagerie of all creatures, great and small. Cats, dogs, ferrets, hamsters... He'd had them all. He even had a pony when he was younger. He loved animals and took their humane treatment very seriously. Seeing the dog filled him with a pang of guilt at leaving his own dog, a blue Greyhound named Wallace, at home with his parents while he went on this adventure. Upon receiving a command from her handler, she immediately ran to his aid. Peter's brow furrowed as he stood up straight, noticing her working dog harness. His mom had worked with service dogs often when he was a kid. He spoke, filled with an actual confidence that was not typical of his character. "Dude, Davik... Why you gotta be like that to her? Those dogs cost over $20,000 to train... At least be a little appreciative. Christ"

Upon speaking, he immediately regretted it. What kind of a way was that to start a reunion? Peter felt like a d**k for... well, being a d**k... especially to a blind guy. He glanced over at Kai, trying his best to give a weak smile to apologize for potentially throwing a wrench in things before it even started. He put up his hands in retreat, backing out of the room. "So, I'm, uh... Gonna put my stuff in that green room over there... I'll see you guys in a bit."

User Image
User Image

i want to say i lived each day, until i die
THE HEARTS I HAVE TOUCHED, xxxxxxxxxx
WILL BE THE PROOF THAT I LEAVE
xxxxxxxxxx
THE HEARTS I HAVE TOUCHED,xxxxxxxxxx
WILL BE THE PROOF THAT I LEAVExxxxxxxxxx

➚ ➘ i was here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lived, i lovedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Evony had been driving all morning, she had left around maybe 4:30, she stopped to grab some breakfast along the way, and had taken yer sweet time at the Cracker Barrel, how could you rush their delicious food? Then the blonde was on the road again. The estimated time had been eight hours, but it felt like ten. She had the windows rolled down letting the cool October air flow through the cab of her truck. Evony couldn't help but wonder if her friends would actually come...she really hoped so, it would be no fun if it were just Kai and her. Not saying Kai wasn't a great gal, but it would be even more fun if everyone could join them. How could nobody come? It was a reunion of the six friends that had been as tight as super glue! How could anything have happened so bad to someone that no one would want to come?

As Evony drove up the last hill, her temporary home loomed in front of her. The mansion was enormous, and it was flawlessly beautiful. How did Kai afford a place like this? Had she become filthy rich over the last couple years? Evony couldn't even start to imagine what the inside was like. As she pulled into the drive way she noticed two other parked cars out front. One must have been Kai's and the other...she wasn't sure but it looked like a load of s**t. Putting her car in park she killed the engine and stepped out. The young adult still couldn't get over how amazing the place was. Grabing her suit cases from the trunk she slammed it shut to make sure it closed the headed towards the house.

Going up the steps onto the porch she opened the door and managed to stumble her way in. Dropping her stuff at the bottom of the stairs she went back and shut the door, hearing familiar voices she smiled. The recognizable accent of Davik was unmistakable, she was pretty sure she heard Peter too! Evony ran up the stairs a smile on her face. When she reached the top of the stairs she saw the back or Davik's bright blue head then saw Kai's flaming red hair. "Jesus, it feels like ages since I've seen you guys!" she stated, before looking down to see a dog. It was so cute! "Oh my god! Davik is this your dog!" Evony squealed moving around the tall male she knealed down to scratch the labs ears. The blonde hadn't even taken the time to take notice of the tense feelings in the room, she just wanted to love the lab all day long.

I've gotta keep my secret. . .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Out.Of.Control;; posted : D
Looking Good?;; coming later
How I feel;; I have my friends and theres a ******** adorable a** dog! I am perfectly content and excited.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

He heard hasty footsteps, probably Kailee’s – she was usually the first to greet a newcomer. The footsteps stopped short as, he assumed, she caught sight of him. Davik was aware that he had changed a lot since graduating. A lot had happened and, sometimes, rarely, he would say something and then wonder if it was really him that’d said it. But those times were few and far between. He couldn’t change back to who he’d been and so there was absolutely no point in wishing otherwise. He wondered if his old friends had changed as much as he had.

Kailee greeted him, warmly but without her usual enthusiasm, clearly trying for normality. He could hear the question in her voice – the question that was always there, now, whether the speaker wanted to ask or not. He didn’t bother to reply, instead setting his suitcase down and reaching out with his free hand to find the wall. He felt better with a wall at his back, especially when the other option was a flight of stairs. Kailee tried again, asking how he’d been and what he’d been doing. He narrowed his eyes and shot a venomous glare in what he thought was her direction.

I went blind six months after graduation. How the hell do you think I’ve been?” He leaned against the wall and let go of the harness again. “Sit, Annwn. Lay down.” She obeyed, giving a canine grunt as her rump landed on the carpet, and then a sigh as she lay at his feet. He gestured a her. “Cwn Annwn. My guide dog. Stupid mutt,” he said shortly. Peter snapped at him, but the blind man’s only response was to sneer his absolute disdain for the fact presented. “Why? I don’t want her. She can bloody well be someone else’s damn dog, and good riddance. Only still have her because she won’t leave.” His voice, though it still had the same Estuary accent as always, was no longer bold and boisterous. Now it was more like a growl. It suited him better. Peter made his excuses and left. Davik didn’t even pretend to turn and watch him go.

Kailee said something about the rooms and he nodded absently, kicking his feet out so that he slid down the wall to sit beside Annwn. “You may have noticed that I’m not a nice person anymore,” he said blithely, as though commenting on the weather. “Won’t get mad if you say so. Don’t actually care what you say anymore, so let it rip.” His eyes flickered back and forth briefly, as if looking for his old friend. His face was vaguely expectant. He was used to this part. People pitied him until he spoke – then, they hated him. He was used to it. He could deal with hatred.

And then there was noise. It took him an uncomfortable thirty seconds to recognize Evony's voice. His ears ached from the sudden screech of her excitement. "God! That's my ear! Yes, she's my dog," he snapped, "despite all my best efforts." He didn't say nice to see you because he didn't, and he didn't say I'm glad you're here because he wasn't. And he'd forgotten how loud Evony could be when she was excited.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can shake your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

OOC // For reference, Cwn Annwn is pronounced koon AH-noon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff