Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

[ ] O w n e r [ ] // Chronic Disco

[ ] P i c t u r e s [ ] // Photobucket & Deviantart

[ ] I n s p i r a t i o n [ ] // Boredom, Music, Movies, Coffee Shops, Diners

[ ] A c c e p t i n g [ ] // Lit. - Adv. Lit.

[ ] C u r r e n t l y [ ] // Open

[ ] PT

[ ] OOC
User Image

Plot.

Our story takes place in the vast city of New York, that’s right folks the big bad apple. Everyone knows of Tom’s Diner on the corner of 112th street in the Morningside Heights neighborhood of Manhattan. The diner is known to be visited by frequent students and faculty of nearby Columbia University, it has been owned and operated by the Greek-American Minasizoulis family since the 1950s. Well it is this very diner that the story sets off and these eight characters meet every day for either lunch or breakfast. Each character having their own story and each having their own reason for going. Lets make one thing clear though, this isn’t a story based all about love, but boy meets girl or even boy meets boy. Sometimes one doesn’t get what they always want and not everyone can receive a happy ending. On the other hand if a person is lucky they might and this is when our story begins….
User Image

Characters.

Chocolate Fondue:

User Image
Noah Levitt

A young southern man from Texas in pursuit of becoming a famous painter. As for now, he works at Tom's diner in the city. Noah is your typical hopeless romantic and dream chaser with a really charming personality. For a long time now he has wanted to find love and lives life through high aspirations. Just your average Joe trying to make an honest living. Although Noah can appear like a real nice guy at heart, he can also be insanely jealous. Especially when it comes to Charles and his wife. He and Charles have had an affair going for about a year now meeting up at Tom's diner every morning and spending late nights together. Although Noah is openly gay he respects Charles for wanting to keep his sexual preference a secret, but as the days go by grows impatient and tired of seeing Charles with his wife. Only a matter of time before Noah takes it upon himself to tell Charles's wife about their secret affairs. Little does he know that she is already aware.

Taken || Age: twenty-five || Zoonotic

User Image
James Foxx

A billionaire playboy with only one thing on his mind. James has a perverted and crude sense of humor, and can come off as cold or brash at times. He and Charles have been good friends as well as business partners for quite some time now. Except for the fact that they live different lifestyles and tend to disagree on more than one occasion they get along rather well. What Charles really detests about James, is his one night stands with random, but gorgeous, women. The reason for this being fear. The poor bloke is so afraid of getting his heart stepped on that he would hurt someone first just to prevent his own feelings from getting hurt. But now he is starting to have feelings for a girl who can't even stand the site of him. The other problem with this is that this woman happens to be Charles's wife. What's a man to do when he can't even get the girl he wants so desperatly to like him?

Taken || Age: twenty-eight || XxJessicaelisexX

User Image
Isaac McPherson

A fairly young high school English teacher with a passion for literature and habit of quoting Shakespeare. Many of his students and the staff members can't help but fancy this old fashion gentleman and his young and spirited way of teaching. Not only is great at doing his job, but he has a dry sense of humor of his own to boot. Some call him a smart a** and others refer to him as witty. A bit of some sorrowful news about the teacher who appears to be happy-go-lucky. Supposedly Isaac was supposed to be a father and his wife of three years couldn't be anymore happy to birth his children. Unfortunately for them they have had several miscarriages including a new one that sprung up around this year. Despite their sometimes rocky relationship the couple has still managed to make it through. But things aren't looking all that good for them now that Isaac is deciding to give up on trying to have kids and his wife is still dead set on having a baby. To add the icing onto the cake, Isaac had a one night stand of drunken sex with Francesca awhile back and ever since then she has been black mailing Isaac. As long as he does what she wants then word of their one night stand will not get back to his wife Rosemary.

Taken || Age: thirty-three || m3ch4nica1_l0v3

User Image
Charles Leopold

A very quiet and reserved man who is more dedicated to his job than family. Charles was never one for jokes or taking life for fun and games. Even as a child he has strived for perfection and nothing less. But what no one knows is the deep dark secret that Charles keeps buried within himself. For about a year now, Charles has been out meeting Noah at Tom's diner with his "fishing buddy." His wife had already found out by mistake and no one knows that she knows her husband his having an affair with a man. She chooses to keep it a secret and each day hopes that her husband will come to his senses and chose his family rather than continue to see some other man. Although she drops hints to her husband he is to distant from his wife to even catch on.

Taken || Age: thirty-two|| Sakkidatta1120

User Image
Wesley Thibodeau

A quiet man with plenty on his mind, always challenging himself and questioning the world around him. Many refer to Wesley as a pessimist, but can be a bit of an optimist on his good days. Despite his closed off personality or sarcasm Wesley is still quite loyal and can be a good person and an even better listener. Like when tending to his younger sister his personality is like a ray of hope and chocolate bars. Their mother wasn‘t always one to play a part in the parental unit so much of Wesley’s childhood was taken away and he had to play father on top of being an older brother. Now though he lives on his own and still tends to his sister, their mother lets just say she is pretty much in and out of his life. Gotta love those nomadic hippies eh? Well anyway in his free time which he tends to have plenty of, Wesley loves to play his saxophone and many don‘t mind listening. Rumor is that he was a child prodigy. Is he good enough to make it big? Well for now he works at Tom's Diner.

Taken || Age: twenty-eight|| catastrophes muse

User Image
Alexander Stronghold

The doctor who thinks that money can solve any problem. Which is odd considering the humble upbringing that he has had, yes that is right. Alexander and Rosemary have always been brought up the “right way“ and to two loving parents. But ever since Rosemary came into the picture and started to steal his spotlight, he has been determined to take it back. Thus him ending up as quite the successful man and becoming the favorite like planned. But does his younger sister really mind all that much? Not quite, his show boating however does manage to get on her nerves quite a bit though. For the longest time he has always had this kind of thing for his younger sister. A terrible conflict to bare with, but hey everyone has their fare share of skeletons in their closet. The only way he can manage to hide his sudden lust for Rose is by well being a p***k. But that little charade doesn‘t blind Isaac. A man can always tell when someone else is after their woman, but how does one get rid of their wife‘s older brother?

Reserved || Age: thirty-two|| Concrete Confessions
User Image

Characters.

Cream Puffs:

User Image
Angela Leopold

The wife and rival of Charles Leopold. Angela is a lonely woman who is very much on the quiet side. She knows of her husbands affair, but chooses to pretend as if she is ignorant to it. Angela wants so desperately for her husband to stay with her, more so for the sake of their two children. If that didn't make matters worse, James has been trying to reach out to her but the very site of him sickens her. All she wants is a loving family, but each day grows worse for them and a divorce is starting to sound oh so tempting. However since Charles is the main provider of the family she has no choice but to stay with him. Not to mention her education isn't all that great and she doesn't know how to even read. So instead she remains the quiet little housewife that she is with increasing depression and spite in her heart.

Taken || Age: twenty-eight || Chronic Disco

User Image
Rosemary McPherson

A proud vegetarian and feminist who waitresses at Tom's diner. Rosemary has been Isaac's wife for three years. The two had quite the history together and got married at a young age, assuming that they were just meant to be. Rosemary is an all around hippie-ish kind of gal with a heart of gold and a firm believer in finding the beauty in simplicity. Sometimes she can have a mean way of wording things because of her other belief in "tough love". Other than that though, Rosemary is all for possibilities and all things to do with romance. She enjoys Isaac's vast knowledge and loves his romantic ways, but lately their relationship has been rocky. While trying for the umpteenth time and failing to bare Isaac's child things haven't quite been the same. Will the happy couple continue to stay madly in love with one another with such a huge gap now forming between them?

Taken || Age: twenty-two || Chronic Disco

User Image
Francesca Foxx

James's outspoken and spoiled rotten to the core younger half-sister. The two aren't all that close and see each other as hardly even siblings. Instead the two compete for their father's inheritance money. Francesca in many ways is like her brother which would probably be why they don't get along. Even she has her one night stands and prefers married men over single ones. While visiting Tom's diner one day she comes across the McPhersons and can't help but want to sink her fangs into Isaac. Unsuspecting Rosemary hasn't the slightest clue that her husband is Francesca's new target, and Isaac allows himself to be pursued. The two have had a brief night of drunken sex, but Isaac begged for Francesca to keep it as their little secret. Now she makes his life all her fun and games by black mailing him.

Taken || Age: twenty-four || Hidden Confines

User Image
Patricia Farrell

The headstrong and very independent Patricia. For some time now her and James have been having their fare share of one night stands, which goes against many of her morals. She wants stability and a relationship, while James refuses to offer that to her. Still though, the stubborn girl that she is refuses to give James up so easily. Not to say that she is trying to impose her ways onto him. Patricia simply tries to show him other options and when James reverts to doing things his way, she puts their "relationship" on hold and refuses to speak to him for a certain amount of hours or days depending on how long she can last without him. Deep down though she really does care for him, even love him and claims that one day they will get married. The only problem with that is James tends not to take her seriously. Patricia is fully aware of James's lifestyle and affairs, and every bit of her hates that part. But hey it's her jealous ways that tend to get the better of her though, and sometimes it can prove to make her seem a bit on the crazy side.

Taken || Age: twenty-four || iSovay

User Image
Olivia Jensen

Olivia has always been a strong woman. Never has she let something drag her down, perhaps behind closed doors she may cry and whine, but there has yet to be a person who has seen her tears. Because of her tragic past, Olivia has always been emotionally distant and even now as a grown woman she still checks for monsters hiding in the closet or under the bed. That monster being the perverted pig of an uncle who molested her as a child. Resulting in Olivia being the cold person she is, deep down she wants to be protected but at the same time feels as though no one is capable of doing that. Over the years she has closed off all ties with her family and has been on anti-depressants along with undergoing therapy, she has even gone so far as to move away from New York. As the years went on she took up a career in journalism and has a story to cover about the possibility of James and Charles‘s odd mannerisms that would make for a juicy page in the paper. So out to New York she went and back into the nightmare that took years to escape.

Reserved || Age: twenty-five|| XxJessicaelisexX

User Image
Julia Leopold

The daughter of Angela and Charles. Julia is quite intelligent for her age and takes a liking to learning, especially to please her father who she is very fond of. At times she can be a bit petulant and reverts to crying or throwing flat out tantrums to get her way. Lets not forget about her OCD, sadly Julia’s parents haven‘t quite figured that out yet and just see her as odd sometimes. The poor girl is worried that germs are everywhere and fatal, she even carries around anti-bacterial with her and flat out avoids any physical contact. Other than those little issues Julia is very feminine and is quite the social butterfly and will behave friendly toward anyone.

Taken || Age: four || XxJessicaelisexX

User Image
Delilah Thibodeau

The younger, energetic sister of Wesley. Her teachers are fond of calling her the "fertile imagination" and their seems to be no better way to describe it; Lilly's mind is a chaotic slideshow of bright colors and vividly real scenes, that occasionally strike her as exceedingly beautiful, or horrifying. Lilly deals with this the only way she knows how, this world of pictures of colors she calls Wide, and Lilly often draws what she sees there. More than a little eccentric, and she enjoys dressing up as a new creature from Wide everyday--an explorer, a butterfly, a warrior. Her family life is a little messy--much like everything that involves Lilly-- with a mother and father who don't want to see her; and a brother she sees more as a dad; but when the word slips out, it makes both of them uncomfortable. Aching to have a normal family, she acts out, and tries to set Wesley up with whatever pretty girl is nearby. She detests sitting still, and finds it hard to concentrate, so it is no surprise that at school she has spent more than her fair share of time in the "time out chair."

Taken || Age: six || catastrophes muse
User Image

Rules.

Literacy.

Okay I expect for people who are lit. or adv. lit to be able to use some more educated adjectives. I'm pretty sure you people are capable of doing that, if not then go get a freaking dictionary! Oh and I beg of you to double, triple, quadruple check your grammar and spelling. There is a such thing as spell check people, learn to use it! So help me God if I see any sort of leet language or chat speak....I will churn butter and flip biscuits. Trust me that isn't good. Another very important rule, do not give me some B.S. one liner of a post. I want at least five whole fully well written paragraphs. That should be expected since this RP requires lit. to adv. lit. Get it? Got it? Good.

Posting.

Put some effort into making your post prissy and primped, but don't go over board. I don't want to have to be scrolling for five hours of decorations just to get to the important part of the post. Lets not forget the sprinkles on the ice cream though, just because I'm aiming for accuracy doesn't mean that your posts shouldn't be interesting. Make sure to spice things up and keep things interesting ya dig? So yes drama is wanted and try to razzle dazzle me with that thing called an imagination. Here is where I get a bit picky. No Godmodding, unless you get the permission from the person you wish to mod. Killing your character's off isn't cool, we don't like to lose good RPers. When the clothes start to come off though....you better time skip it because I don't want to read a post that tells me where someone's yahoo is going. Swearing is fine, just keep it to a minimum. Try not to do the whole OOC thing too much, but if you must you know the deal. Just use brackets and make sure to note that you're in OOC. For posting colors DO NOT use colors that have been taken or ones that'll make me want to poke someone's eyes out.

Pictures.

Now down to the pictures....it's simple really. DO NOT use anime pictures for your character. I want to see actual people, not some 2-D make believe person. Try not to use overly famous celebrities or scene/emo kids. Especially Disney kids.....grrrr! There are too many of them being used in RPs on Gaia. Oh ho ho ho ho here is another thing that really grinds my gears! Match the picture to the age as best as you can dang it!

Reserves.

To reserve a spot as part of my hearty crew just send a PM with a 100x100 pic of your character and a posting color, oh ch'yeah and who you ould like to play. Then title it, "Chocolate Fondue." For the profile title it, "Cream Puffs." Oh and before we go any further I'm going to need a posting sample from you and....not to sound like a total diva but if I don't think that you are going to be able to meet the requirements than I just wont accept you....annnnd that's all folks! Oh oh oh wait! If you have any questions please ask, I have no problem answering them. After all it makes roleplaying that much more easier if you understand what is going on. Now....you don't have to go home but you gotta....scroll down to the next page dawg!
User Image

Extra Status.

Today is.

January || Febuary || March || April || May || June || July || August || September || October || November || December

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Sunday || Monday || Tuesday ||
Wednesday || Thursday || Friday || Saturday

The weather is.

Hot || Warm || Moderate || Cool || Cold

Overcast || Mostly Cloudy ||
Partly Cloudy || Sunny || Fog/Mist || Rain || Thunderstorm || Freezing Rain || Snow || Hail || Breezy || Windy

The Time of day is.

Dawn || Morning || Afternoon || Dusk || Night
User Image

Extra Status.

The Story Thus Far….

With Thanksgiving almost around the corner people are making plans to either spend it with their family or head over to the nearest takeout restaurant and call it a day. There is a parade going on in the middle of the city today in honor of Turkey day, make sure to dress warmly because the weather isn't all that pleasant folks. Tom's Diner is preparing to close up for the day and vacation time for some starts right about now. There are sales still going on at the stores for last minute shopping so grab everything while it's still around. Other than that no other news. Make sure to check back though, because one never knows when the events change.

Location, Location, Location...

Noah Levitt is at....downtown New York at a Chinese restaurant

James Foxx is at....a bar

Isaac McPherson is at....his job with Francesca

Charles Leopold is at....home with Angela

Wesley Thibodeau is at....the park with Olivia

Alexander Stronghold is at....

Angela Leopold is at....home with Charles

Rosemary McPherson is at....home alone and waiting for Noah

Francesca Foxx is at....Isaac's job with him

Patricia Farrell is....storming off to work

Olivia Jensen is at....the public park with Wesley