Dapper Dabbler

words: 1908
Royal Engagement
July 10th, 2014

User Image

Kenna Bailey Lewis
        i'll run. i'll run. i'll run to you.

AXXXXXLIGHTXXXXXINXXXXXTHEXXXXXROOM.
        it was you who was standing there. tried as it was true as your glance met my stare.
        but your heart drifted off like the land split by sea. i tried to go, to follow, to kneel down at your feet.
        I'VE SETTLED SCORES, I'VE BEEN FIGHTING SO LONG, BUT I'VE LOST YOUR WAR.
        NOW OUR KINGDOM IS GONE { I'LL RUN TO YOU }

To say she was nervous was an understatement. Probably the biggest understatement of the century. Kenna had been around a lot of 2s and 3s, since they were the castes above her that paid her and her family. Going to the palace, though. That was something else entirely. Kenna Lewis, a personal chef for the rich, had been chosen for The Selection for Prince Augustus. It was... a dream come true, really. It was a lot to take in, though. Two weeks ago she'd found out she'd been chosen and today, she would be leaving her home province for the palace and to start training to maybe be the next princess of Illea. Kenna wasn't sure if it was a dream come true or a nightmare waiting to begin, though. She was grateful for this opportunity, don’t get her wrong. It was just… well, she was really close with her family. For being a Four, Kenna had an insane amount of siblings. She was the second oldest of six children. That being said, while her mother and father went out to get money doing their respective jobs, Kenna was at home, taking chair of the four younger siblings. She had one younger brother and three younger sisters, so to say she was experienced with children was also an understatement. She had watched these children grow up, and they still had so much more growing up to do and she would miss it. It was heart breaking.

That being said, Kenna would be getting compensation for her being one of The Selected. That would help her family out so much, especially with her older brother having to quit his job as a two’s personal chef. It would take a toll on her family, but it would also help them. That’s probably what made it slightly easier to leave. She didn’t leave without a lot of tears from the younger ones and her mother, but for her, she knew they would also be getting something out of this. And who knew, maybe she would be the one. Maybe she would make it to the end and her and the prince would make some amazing connection and he would choose her. It was unlikely, with there being 19 other girls, plenty in castes above her own. It was mostly unheard of for anyone but a Two or Three to be chosen, but she had hope. Kenna felt she had good qualities for a man.

She could cook, she was excellent at it. Yes, there were cooks already in the palace, but, if she got a choice, she would want to go to the kitchens and keep up her habits, maybe even learn some new skills by the experienced cooks there. She was also good with kids and, if she were to marry the prince, they would be expected to have kids, and she was on board completely for that. She was also kind and considerate, and she hardly ever thought of herself. The prince needed a lot of attention, and even if she, or any of the other girls, became the princess, they wouldn’t have much time for fame before all eyes were back on the king and prince and all the work they would have to do. She was used to being in the background, and Kenna wouldn’t mind staying that way, if it meant her entire family became ones.

“Lady Kenna, you need to head in.” Looking up, Kenna realized that she had been daydreaming the entire car ride. She vaguely remembered the plane ride here, and the red carpet walk to the car had been a dizzying and confusing experience. Smiling at the man offering his hand, Kenna took it and stepped out of the car, her breath catching in her throat. The palace was… huge! It was so much bigger than she had expected it to be. It was lovely and so eloquent. It was beautiful and it was perfect. Kenna would not be complaining about living here. “Lady Kenna, please. We need to hurry before the rest of the girls show up.” She hadn’t talked to the other three girls that had arrived with her, but it was clear they were already inside and she was lagging. Following the man into the palace, she looked around, trying to take everything in as she was quickly ushered into a room that smelt of burnt hair, hairspray and perfume. The girl was quickly put in a chair and everyone around her starting quickly going to work. “Not too much, please. I don’t want to look like a cake of makeup.” One of the ladies laughed, but stopped quickly when she noticed she as the only one. Kenna couldn’t see anything in the mirror in front of her due to the array of people, but she hoped they would listen to her. And she wanted to keep her hair. It was a little long, reaching past her waist, but it was one of her trademarks. A lot of people knew her for her long hair.

It didn’t feel like long, but soon Kenna was ushered up and to a dress rack. Her head felt significantly lighter, but when she reached up to feel her hair it still had some length, which she was grateful for. It went to her mid back, but it held layers and it seemed to have a redder tint to it. She was changed into a light blue dress, the bracelet around her wrist dainty and simple. The shoes on the other hand, she wasn’t used to heels, she never wore them much. But they were nice, and they were pretty. They also didn’t hurt her feet as much as she thought they would. She was then pushed in front of a mirror, a few people putting their last touches on her. Honestly, she couldn’t take her eyes off of herself. She had seen some really beautiful girls here. Naturally beautiful and some… the makeup was caked on, but they were still beautiful. Her face was soft, the lines of staying up too late too many times minimal and almost nonexistent. She didn’t want to sound vein, but she thought she looked perfect. Everything after this moment, though, seemed to fly by. She had a lot of pictures taken and a lot of cameras in her face, then she was sat down for dinner, by the King and Queen of Illea, and it was very intimidating. Once they gave them all permission to speak, though, everyone erupted with their excitement and no one would stop talking. People were scared to leave, and no one left until the King and Queen left, which resulted in a few too many sweets eaten and the hour turning far past what Kenna thought she would be up.

It wasn’t late, but raising little ones, as much sleep as she could get was better than none at all. Kenna managed to find her room again, a place she had been in for only a moment or two. She had been told that tonight was ‘casual’ dinner, although the dresses and shoes and jewelry everyone was wearing didn’t seem very casual at all. Casual for her was jeans and a t-shirt. She wouldn’t complain about these clothes, though. Never. Once in her room, Kenna saw her three maids in various places around the room, all bustling around to make the room cleaner than it was before, if that were possible. “What are your names?” Kenna closed the door behind her, noticing the jumpiness of the three girls. They couldn’t be much older than herself. “I’m sorry, Lady Kenna, we didn’t see you there.” Kenna smiled at them gently. “Please, just Kenna. What are your names?” The three looked around before the girl who seemed to be in charge spoke up. “I’m Holly. That’s June, and that’s Gail.” The other two nodded their heads, seeming to be scared of speaking. Walking towards Holly, she gave the girl a smile and took her hands. “Holly, June, Gail, if you three wouldn’t mind, I would like to be alone for the rest of the night. Just to settle down. It’s been a crazy day.” They looked shocked, as if the request were absurd. “But miss…Kenna, we’re not supposed to leave you, ever.” Gail, the youngest, spoke up, taking a step towards her.

“Well, I insist. Just for tonight.” It may not be just that night, but she didn’t feel the need to have three woman taking care of her when she had been able to take care of herself for 17 years. The three looked at each other before Holly nodded her head. “Okay, but if you need anything, we’ll make sure there’s a guard outside your door.” Kenna nodded as the three maids left, leaving Kenna to herself and her thoughts. Her eyes watched the door close before they looked around the room and landed on her unpacked bag from home. Walking over to the bag, she opened it and, right on top, was a picture of her and her family. Her little sisters looking so happy and proud in their dresses they had bought, the boys messing around and looking everywhere but the camera. Everyone was laughing, and it was such a carefree picture, and it pictured her family perfectly. She could feel something in her chest closing, constricting her breathing and making her light headed. Her throat hurt with tears unshed and her eyes burned. Her day had been so busy that she hadn’t realized how homesick she was until this moment when she was by herself.

This room didn’t have enough air for her. Kenna knew she wasn’t supposed to go outside, but earlier she had seen gardens just outside, two guards by the doors leading out. Maybe they would let her go for just a moment or two, to collect herself. Setting the picture down, Kenna could feel the tears slipping down her cheeks as she pushed her door open and walked down the hallway; one she knew would become more and more familiar. She went down the stairs, probably quicker than she should, considering the shoes she was wearing. She could feel eyes on her every twist and turn of the halls, but she didn’t really care. She was sure she had bumped into a few people here and there. She just hoped they hadn’t been anyone important. One because it would be rude, and two, because the tears were falling freely now. She was sure her makeup was a mess by now.

Kenna was able to get to the doors of the garden soon enough, but as she neared them, one of the guards jumped in front of her. “I’m sorry, miss. You can’t go out there.” Kenna was taken aback slightly, her eyes moving from the opening to some sort of freedom she needed to the man in front of her. She stared at him for a moment. “Please, just for a second. I just… I need… some air.” She hadn’t had a panic attack in years. It had to be close to 7 years since her last panic attack, but she knew one when she had one. This was definitely turning into one. “Please. I-I can’t… breath.” She was still feeling light headed, the dizziness more and more consuming until she was sure she wouldn’t be able to stand on her own two feet anymore. Kenna was sure she felt arms around her, either from keeping her falling or from going outside, she couldn't tell anymore. "No, please. D-don't touch me. I... I just need air."

o.o.c ;;
                                          outfit

Dapper Dabbler

words: 1338
X O X O
May 9 2015

User Image

la k e hristensenxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xi'll be that shelter in the rain if you need a { sunny } day
                                                                    xxxxi'll move mountains and lakes if you say they're in your way
                                                                                        that's what i'll be
                                                                                        that's what i'll be
                                                                                        that's what i'll be

katLife was hard.

It was hard being a poor boy from Brooklyn who went to school at St. Jude’s School for Boys, right next to Constance Billard for Girls, on the Upper East Side of New York. The Upper East Side was known for it’s crazy, flashy parties, the money that got tossed around like it worth nothing and for the gossip that spreads faster than a wild fire in the dry grasslands; especially at the neighboring schools. Gossip Girl, the main source of gossip. It’s all anonymous and no one knows how she gets the information she does, or if she’s even a girl for that matter. It’s… well, if you’re not on Gossip Girl, you’re a no one, and if you are, she’s trying to ruin your life.

Unfortunately, Blake Christensen had some weird feeling that he wanted to be on this gossip site. He wanted his life to be ruined… or at least noticed. He was a no body, had been for years. He’d started going to private schools when he was 8 years old, starting with all the other boys and girls, and yet he still managed to have zero friends, minus his sister Katrina, of course. And his childhood friend, who moved back to Virginia two years ago. There was also his dad, but who wanted to be best friends with their dad? Not Blake.

Living on the outside looking in gave Blake a lot of perspective on things like friends and social standings, and he wanted it all. He wasn’t ungrateful for the life his dad had given him and his sister. He had been given a lot, despite the low income his father had. He was ready to make it big though. 18 years old and he was still lonely boy from Brooklyn. That definitely wasn’t what he wanted to go by, and he had a feeling he knew how to get past that.

Jackie was the ‘Queen Bee’ at Constance, and she was sort of beautiful. Jackie was too busy for no bodies like him, though, and he knew that. That’s why he was going to get her to fall for him. Or be charming enough to be her to notice him. Or do something scandalous to get on Gossip Girl so that people would know who he was. He just needed to get on her radar, and once he was there, he was in to the elite. He wanted to be a writer, and it would be easier to achieve that dream if he had an in when he was working on getting published.

Katrina may or may not have pointed out that Blake would be using Jackie, but Blake pointed out that she had managed to use and exploit boys since she was 12. “Blake, she dumped yogurt on Aaron because he sat above her on the Met steps. Is that really someone you want to be with?” Katrina was two years younger then him, and a ballet dancer. Somehow, despite being his sister, she’d gotten in with all of the popular kids, minus Jackie and her band of minions. She refused to help him, though, because she knew he would do anything to get there, and she didn’t want to be apart of any scandal that he was willing to be apart of to get there.

“Katrina, I don’t want to be with her, and you know that. Yeah, she’s hot, but mostly, she’s my way in. If someone can be the one to break her heart, imagine how many people would love that person. I could be that person! Breaking hearts since the day I was born.” Katrina rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest as she stood in the doorway of his room, watching him change into his best attempt of blending in. “You’ll stick out like a sour thumb in that. Here, wear this.” She pulled a jacket out of his closet and threw it at him before going back into her room and changing.

By the time Kat was ready to leave, Blake and his sister walked out and head to this party. It wasn’t that Blake actually wanted to go to this, but he knew it was the only way that Jackie would notice him, and he wanted to be noticed. Sure, it may be a little self-centered of him, but he was just trying to figure out his future, and at this point he had no idea what else he could do.

“You know, she’s not going to notice you. She’s too busy with Max, anyway.” Kat sat next to her brother in the taxi, waiting for them to arrive to the UES where the party was. “You obviously don’t look at Gossip Girl because they broke up.” The moment the words left his mouth, he realized how girly he sounded and groaned, to his dismay hearing Kat’s laugh when the words left his mouth. “Yeah, don’t say anything. It slipped.” The blonde next to him continued to laugh, opening the door as the taxi stopped outside of the club and the two walked in. If he wasn’t embarrassed enough as it was, he had to be his baby sister’s plus one. He didn’t have anything else in his book that could be worse.

Maybe the guy and girl bumping past him, obviously one of them being drunk, and seeing them go into a closet. He rolled his eyes before he looked back at the dance floor, his eyes immediately finding Jackie. And to his surprise she was walking towards him. “Do you know who just walked into that closet?” She sounded furious, and he looked at the door before shrugging his shoulders. “No idea. Probably just a drunk couple wanting to have sex.” Jackie stared at him, looking like she was about to strangle him before she turned, her minions following behind her and consoling her.

It was hard to hear much of anything over the pounding music, but he did hear a bang against the door behind him, rolling his eyes. Just like he said. A couple that couldn’t wait to leave the vicinity. Right after the bump, there was another one, and a yell that sounded like nothing more than a whisper. It didn’t sound right though. Maybe he was wrong, but he didn’t want to be right and not do anything about it. If they were truly drunk, they would get back to it when he left. Pulling the door open, he heard what the guy had said and saw the blonde girl struggling to push him away.

“Hey man, get off of her!” He pulled at the guy, but he was tough to budge. “She said no.” The guy turned around, looking at him before swinging back and punching him in the face, then walking past. “Jackie was right not to talk to you. Slut.” Blake rubbed his eye, watching the guy walk past him. Hearing those words, though, it lit a fire in him. “Jackass.” Grabbing his arm, Blake punched the guy in the nose before pushing him away, now the throbbing pain in his eye and his hand. He walked to the girl, making sure not to get too close. “You okay?”

“Blake, what are you doing?!” Kat ran behind him, looking between the guy hunched over and her older brother. “Don’t worry about it Kat. I was just leaving.” His statement was mostly directed to the bouncer standing in the crowd, getting ready to throw him out. Looking back to the blonde, he recognized her as Marissa, Jackie’s best friend. “I can take you home if you’d like. I’m leaving now, for obvious reasons. You can join me if you’d like.” He gave her a small smile before turning to the crowd, looking at Kat, who obviously didn’t want anything to do with him. That was his cue that it was time to get out of here.

How did he think he could ever fit in here?

ooc ;;
                                  kat

Dapper Dabbler

words: 756
I Won't Give Up
May 11, 2015

User Image

Keith James McCoy
        that's what i'll be.

JUST KNOWXXXXXTHAT I'LLXXXXXALWAYSXXXXXBEXXXXXTHERE.
        i'll be that shelter in the rain if you say you need a sunny day. then i'll be that sun when you need it to shine
        just like the stars in the sky when it's too dark to see, just say the word and i'll be whatever you need
        II'LL SHARE THE WEIGHT WHEN IT'S TOO MUCH TO TAKE, LET ME KNOW
        WE'LL FIGHT THROUGH THIS TOGETHER { I'M BY YOUR SIDE FOREVER, I WON'T GO}

Sometimes, you take things for granted. Freedom. Security. Happiness. It was all taken for granted until you learned the true work behind keeping all of those things. All the fighting that was done to keep the peace that this nation was under. Everyone was just… things were taken for granted, and now Keith knew how important things really were. A lot of people didn’t really understand, and it physically hurt him to know that there were people out there that didn’t care. They didn’t believe that the men and women overseas did anything to help this country. In all reality, though, soldiers did everything. This great nation wouldn’t be what it was without any sort of military, and that was why he did it.

Keith wasn’t very old when the country was attacked, but he knew he had to do something to keep the nationality alive. He wanted to keep those that he loved safe, and he knew he couldn’t do that while going to college. So, he quit. His second year majoring in management and advertising, and he dropped out. He didn’t feel like he was getting anywhere in life, and he knew he wasn’t. That was four years ago. Now? Now he was going home.

He had left his mom, his sister, but most importantly, his high school sweetheart. They met their freshman year of high school, and Keith knew that she was the one for him. Georgie was just… meant for him. She made him a better man and she made him want to do more with life. He went because he wanted her to be his everything, and he wanted to live up to the potential that she knew he had. It took him awhile, but he was finally able to see it himself.

Keith knew he was bound to go home any day, so when the day came, he hadn’t slept. He was wide-awake and he was excited to see his family. He was also ready to go home. It was great serving his country, and he wouldn’t trade the experience for anything, but he knew that if he stayed any longer her wouldn’t be the same person. War changed people, and he knew it had changed him. He didn’t know how much, though, and wouldn’t know for a while. He had seen death, and he had felt death’s hand on his shoulder, but he never gave in. He had been injured, but it had been little in comparison to what other men and women had been through. He was blessed. Keith knew that. And now he was going home, and not many soldiers got to say that.

The plane ride back was excruciatingly long, so when the wheels touched the ground, he felt the butterflies of nerves erupt in his stomach. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to be bombarded with everyone. He didn’t live in a small town, but it was a town nonetheless and there were only two high schools. His mother had continued to tell him in letters how many people missed him and how many people were ready for him to come home, but he only ever cared about one person. He wanted to know how she was, what she looked like because pictures never did her justice. So when he got into the car to drive him from the airport in the big city to his town, all he could do was picture just how beautiful she had gotten in the four years he had been gone.

“Are you read, Sergeant McCoy?” The driver spoke up from the front seat, his eye hidden by dark black glasses. It was a precaution, though Keith felt it irrelevant. “Yes, sir. As read as I can ever be.” They smiled at each other before they pulled up outside of the City Hall, the place he had been requested to go to first. He could see the huge crowds lined up to greet him, and he could feel the butterflies again. He had been in war, yet a bunch of civilians made him nervous. There was no reason to be nervous, but he was aware how people in the military were viewed by some, and he assumed that was what made him nervous. The officers standing along the perimeter and holding the crowds back did make him a little less wary, though.

The black SUV pulled up to the curb before Keith grabbed his bag and took a deep breath, preparing himself for whatever came at him.

o.o.c ;; sorry for the shortness of this intro!

Dapper Dabbler

words: 906
Star Crossed
May 11 2015

User Image

atrina aramakovxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xwe were victims of the night, the chemical, physical, kryptonite
                                                                    xxxxhelpless to the bass,and the fading light, oh we were bound together
                                                                                        shut up and dance with me

Dancing was a very demanding job that a lot of people couldn’t handle. You had to start out young and learn the proper techniques at a young age to engrave them in your brain and to make sure you understood each step. If you missed even just one, you could injure yourself and keep yourself from dancing ever again. Injuries were surprisingly uncommon in the dance world, but when they happened, they were severe, and they normally took someone out forever. It was more common in people who were young and still learning and acting stupid, but there’s also the occasional principal dancer or company dancer that get’s injured and it doesn’t heal properly. That’s how Kat got her position.

Katrina Karamakov had been a dancer since before she could walk. Her mother was the youngest principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre, having moved from Australia when she received the offer, and Kat took on the position as her prodigy. Kat and her mother had lived in Australia up until she was 14 before moving in with her father. Kat’s father was the owner of a multi-billion dollar business company and held the CEO position, so he was pretty important, too. Not in Kat’s eyes, though. She looked up more to her mother than her father, but that was only because of the intensity of training and of life lessons that she had gone through. Her mother had overcome injuries to get to where she was, and although she had retired a year ago, she was still seen as the history making dancer, and Kat was determined to make that her own title.

It was difficult, though, becoming a professional dancer. She didn’t go to proper schooling. She didn’t go to a preppy all-girls school that are famous New York. She went to a boarding school solely focused on dancing. She danced 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, with an hour taken off to do some homeschooling. It was a tough lifestyle, and it wasn’t for the weak-hearted, but she made it through, and at the age of 17 she was offered a contract with the ABT. Kat toured with them up until the age of 21. Well, actually, it was only 6 months ago that she stopped dancing due to an ACL tear and a surgery just two days after the tear to try and repair it. She’s now 22 and still doesn’t know if she’s going to be able to dance.

Fortunately, she’s able to sit in and teach classes. Unfortunately for her, she had to go to the other side of New York to teach said classes. She’s never stepped foot outside of one of her boarding school rooms or her father’s hotel, but now she takes frequent trips to teach said classes. Well, she’s really just watching these classes and throwing in her opinion every now and then. She can’t actually do a lot of movement during the classes and has to use her words to explain what needs to be fixed. For a ballerina, that’s actually very hard. Her words were portrayed through her dancing and through her expressions, never through her words. So, for Kat, these classes are really just torturous.

Today was especially hard. Her knee was hurting a bit more than it had been, which scares her, but she refuses to let that fear show. Not only that, but it was just a bad day in the classroom, and she just couldn’t focus. She wasn’t ready to face her mother, but she didn’t know where else to go. Luckily she didn’t have to use her crutches, through her movements were a bit slower, but she was able to walk down the street, so long as she kept an eye out for anyone who could potentially run into her. She was always living life on the edge, now, but it was better then being too comfortable and reinjuring herself.

Her walk was short and much needed. It was just past 10am and she was ready for some coffee, so she walked into a small coffee shop just off the street. It was cute and… well, quirky she supposed would be the best word. It was close to the college campus, so there was a handful of people her age, students she supposed. Kat didn’t have much interaction with college students. She hadn’t even drank hard liquor or gone to so much as a college kegger party. After parties, sure. But they were full of elegant dresses and champagne. She was always sort of curious as to what a college party would be like. It wouldn’t be classy by any means, and Kat was likely to be embarrassed to be seen at it, but she was curious.

Walking up to the counter, Katrina ordered a skinny vanilla latte, to which she received in a mug she was sure wasn’t clean enough. It would have to do though. “Do you happen to have any other mugs to put this in? I think this one is dirty.” Kat tried to be as nice as she could, but nothing would be clean enough for her taste, and the guy behind the counter knew that and ignored her. “Alright, never mind. Forget the tip, too.” Rolling her eyes, Kat pulled her gym bag higher onto her shoulder and picked up her mug, looking for an empty table to sit at.

ooc ;; outfit

Dapper Dabbler

words: 1334

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

xx Beca Allison Reedxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

█ █ █ █ █ █ the █ █ █ █ █ █ newborn █ █ █ █ █ █

"You're getting married, you're getting out of our hair, and you're going to become someone else's problem."

Those were the words that ruined her life. Okay, her life had already been ruined 11 months, 3 weeks and 6 days ago when she should have died but she didn't, but this ruined her immortal life. So it was a rough start for her, she wasn't exactly the best at controlling the urge to suck people in this little town dry. It wasn't like she had the best mentoring. Rebeca, preferred name Beca, was a new vampire, she had been sucked almost to the point of dried out before she was changed. It was a grueling process that she went through by herself, the pain of the venom turning her body into stone, her temperature dropping to a new level of coldness, and everything had just gone down hill from there. Now? Now she was getting married to acquaint a truce between a coven she hadn't chosen, but had been forced into, and a freakin' pack she'd never even heard of. It was all bullshit.

Beca hadn't been given much details. She was marrying a wolf in roughly a month and she had to live with him for that month leading up to it. She didn't have a choice, she wasn't given a say, she was told to marry this guy, a guy whose name she didn't even know. A guy who was a wolf and wanted to rip her throat out. It wasn't like she didn't want to do the same to him, but wolf blood wasn't her type. Not that she should have a type, but, if someone were asking for any reason, it would be around mid 30s to late 40s. She didn't touch the elderly, she didn't touch children, and animals were out of the question. She had morals! They may not be the same as other people, but from the stories she had heard about how crazy new borns got, she felt like she was doing a pretty decent job.

She was supposed to be going to this meeting spot, she was sure someone was waiting for her from the coven. The vampire had probably gotten the short stick, one of the few childish ways they dealt with her. If it were up to them, they would just kill her off, but her sire had some sort of power over her, no one could kill her. It was strange. They had tried, they really had. A lot. And she had the scars to prove it. She hid them, but she had them. On her back, on her stomach, her legs and arms, burn marks and bite marks and scars where acid had been poured on her in hopes of melting her. It had all been very painful, and she had begged for them to just kill her already, but that hadn't been the case. She was stuck, and they all enjoyed the little unexpected torture they got to deliver.

Now she was wiping her mouth clean of her last meal. She knew it would be her last meal. If she didn't die within the next month, she was sure to be deprived of warm blood from the vein. Beca had tried to drink from the bags, she really had, but for some reason she just couldn't keep it down. She would throw it up, and she got a letter a few weeks ago saying it was normal, it took a few years to get used to it, but eventually she would grow tolerant to it and she would be able to keep it down and stay satisfied. No one understood that, though. All of the coven members had thought she had written that letter in hopes of getting their approval. She hadn't written the letter, she had the envelope that had her name scribed on the top, nice calligraphy that was definitely not her own. She wasn't crazy, and she wasn't some blood-lust killer by choice.

She had a duffle over her shoulder, her hands wrapping a scarf around her neck to complete the outfit she had chosen to maybe impress this guy, get him to realize she didn't want this life. If it had been up to her, she would've died from that last night, she would've gone to where ever she was supposed to go to be with her mother again, and she would be happy. At least, Beca liked to think she would be happy. She would be happier anywhere but there, in her current situation. Her brunette tresses were curled, her bangs hanging perfectly over her forehead. She really did want to impress this guy, and maybe the coven, if she were lucky. Maybe they would see that she wasn't that bad and would maybe accept her.

Fat chance of that!

Making her way to where a familiar face was, Beca looked down at the ground, her hand gripping the strap of her bag tightly. She was just waiting for him to get angry, yell at her and tell her she was late and had kept him waiting. He didn't say anything, though. He just started to walk, and she knew she had to follow him. It was a short walk before he stopped, nodding towards the clearing. The neutral land. She knew about this, at least. She wasn't a complete ditz. This place was called Haven, or something. She didn't know much about it, but she knew this was where she was going to be for a while.

Turning on her heel to ask what the guy's name was that she was to marry, she was greeted with nothing but trees and grass. Of course. Like anyone would answer her questions, anyway. When she turned again, there was a redhead standing there, her eyes big and bright, her red hair falling down her shoulders in curls. She was gorgeous. "Hello! I'm here to bring you to your house. You're a little late, so your fiance is already there, but you're not too late. There's nothing to worry about." The redhead was perky and happy, and Beca didn't understand it at all.

The redhead turned and walked into the little town, the brunette following behind her. The trip was short, and the little buildings were all very cute. They came upon a little beaten path covered by trees, leading up to what Beca thought was a beautiful house. Compared to her little pathetic one room house she'd been given, though, anything would be beautiful if it were livable. "It's beautiful." Beca's voice was soft as she stared at the house, the jeep a nice touch, although she hadn't gotten her license yet. "It is pretty nice. I heard your friend in there was't too happy about it, though, but you really don't have to worry. There's no fighting here in Haven, and we're all safe."

Nodding her head, Beca looked at the redhead before she walked up towards the stairs. "Oh, we'll be here at 7pm to pick you both up for the welcoming, so if you could be ready for that, we'd prefer you not be late to it." The girl smiled before she turned and went back into the little town, Beca left alone with whoever was in there. Taking a deep breath that wasn't needed, the brunette went up the stairs to the front door, feeling the need to knock when she remembered it was her house. That was probably going to be something she had to get use too.

Opening the door, she looked around, her eyes darting from wall to wall, trying to take it all in. Dropping her bag down by the door, she closed it behind her before crossing her arms protectively and walking a little farther into the foyer, but not by much. "Hello?" Beca spoke loud enough that whoever was in here would be able to hear her. She wasn't sure she wanted him to hear her, though.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

ofia aterxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xnothing goes as planned, people say goodbye in their own s p e c i a l way
                                                                    xxxxeverything is dark, but you catch a glimpse of sunlight, shining down on your face
                                                                                        you’re in my veins, and I cannot get you out

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

words: 1,259

User Image User Image

xxxx( ✫» ¦ JULES * BRADDOCK
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxan angel will die, covered white

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxclosed eye and hoping for a better life
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthis time we'll fade out tonight, straight down the line

Julianna's family had never been close. Her mother had left her and her older brother when they were young and forced their father to raise them alone. After ten years of Julianna growing up and learning to live without a mother, when she was fifteen, her mother decided to rekindle her relationship with her ex-husband and they ended up getting back together. The brunette resented her mother and for leaving them for ten years before realizing what she was missing out on and squeezing her way back into the family. Jules, her brother and their father had been doing perfectly fine on their own. Then she just... showed up like nothing had changed. Nothing had really changed since Jules had been so long, but when she returned, more things changed, and not for the better.

When Jules was sixteen she'd experimented with drugs and got into a habit of using them almost daily. It wasn't healthy, and she knew that, and she had wanted to stop, but when her mother had freaked out on her and started screaming at her, she'd thought it was a good way to get under the woman's skin and she continued to use. Not only that, she made friends with the wrong kind of people and started to steal things. It all started out small, lipstick, clothes, a pair of shoes every now and then. Eventually the small things started to get bigger. Maybe an iPod, or a phone, then eventually it got to people's purses or wallets and then eventually it got to cars. She wouldn't take them anywhere or damage them, but the thrill of breaking into them and driving them around got her, and it made her careless, and it got her in a lot of trouble with the law. That was how she ended up in jail. Well, juvy, really.

Six months after she entered, she got out, on some conditions. It was the middle of winter, so she had to stay in rehab until she was completely clean. She had to promise not to do anything bad and she had to stay on house arrest until she showed that she was a 'changed' person. Honestly, Jules would've rather have been in rehab then in jail with killers and molesters. That wasn't who Jules was, and honestly, they scared her. She wasn't a bad person, and she knew that, her brother knew that, and her father knew that. Her mother, however, had connections, and was able to pull all these little strings that threw her into juvy and that got her out. Everything was on her terms, and now, as they sat in a car driving across the country, it was just the two of them, sitting in the silence. The radio had been on until they'd gotten in a fight over what was 'good' music and what wasn't. It ended with Jules threatening to jump out of the car and her mother slamming on the breaks and nearly getting them into an accident.

"Alright, I'm done with this road trip. Go ahead and drop me off along the road anywhere here, and I'll gladly walk home." The brunette was being completely serious. She missed her family and didn't want to stay in this confined space for any longer than she had to be. "These are apart of the conditions." Her mother's words were short and snappy, her eyes staying on the road and her knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel so hard. Jules scoffed, rolling her eyes as she put her feet on the dash, only to get them slapped down. "No one said conditions for the summer. I went to rehab, I show promise, everyone believes in me but you. No wonder you left." The woman ignored the last comment, only a slight smirk on her face at her daughter's words. "These conditions went without saying. You'll be spending your summer at a camp for delinquents, with your kind, and you will learn to respect people that care for you."

Hearing the word camp and summer in the same sentence was one of her worse nightmares. She'd heard the horror tales from her friends of being forced to go to a camp with hundreds of kids that wanted to swim and canoe and do stupid summer activities. It wasn't like Jules didn't like going outside or camping, she did. Just not with people she'd never met before. "I respect people who respect me, thanks." Those were the last words spoken as they drove down the dirt road towards a rather large camp with multiple cars parked and parents hugging their children goodbye for the summer. A lot of them looked to be her age or younger, but there were quite a few people that were much older, in their twenties and some even older than that. Whatever this place was, it looked like it was going to be hell on earth.

The car pulled up to a stop and Jules sat in her seat, arms crossed, prepared to throw a tantrum to get out of this. She wasn't going to spend her summer at this place that her so-called mother was sending her too. She didn't own her and the woman had no right. If she was a real mother she would've never left. Yet here they were, her mother pulling her bags out of the back and Jules sitting in her seat, eyes forward and no emotion in her face. "Let's go Jules. I will not sit here all day while you throw you're stupid little temper tantrums. You're not getting out of this." Her door was open and her mother was standing there, hands on her hips and a strict look in her face. Jules just sat there, not giving into the temptation of glaring at her. When her mother's hair was in her face and her seat belt was released, the brunette knew what was going to happen. "You'll look like you abuse me if you do it." Her mother looked disgusted as she took a step back, crossing her arms. "Don't ever say that! You know I would never hurt you."

Jules just shrugged her shoulders as she pushed her mother to the side, grabbed her bags and walked off, knowing it was a lost cause trying to get away from this place. As she walked forward, she looked around, not even sure where to go. Her mother had driven the car away and was probably half a mile away, leaving the girl to her own devices. Sighing, she hoisted her bags onto her shoulders and walked forward, looking around and feeling like a lost puppy. There were a few people that were standing around, although they had people with them. Either friends or family members, Jules couldn't be sure, but at least they weren't alone.

The brunette didn't see the point of being there. She'd known what she did was wrong for a long time now, and this place was just a waste of money. Her mother just wanted to get rid of her, she was sure, and spend some quality alone time with her father and brother, who had warmed up to her a lot better than she had. Now she was stuck here, though, and as Jules set the bags down by a tree, she sat on them, folding her legs to her chest and watching the people walk around, hoping to see something that she was supposed to do. As of now, all she knew to do was sit

O U T F I T

xx__rivers and roads rolled 2 12-sided dice: 9, 3 Total: 12 (2-24)

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

נαѕσи ∂ιℓαυяєитιѕ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
life is about c r e a t i n g yourself;
we all l e a r n from our mistakes
i'm not going to do this one a g a i n.

This was the third jewelry shop he’d been to. Today. The past week? He was damn happy that his girlfriend, Aria, had college every day. It made his job easier, if that was possible. Why was it so hard to find a ring, it was just a ring, why couldn’t he just pick on out and be done with it. Because it was Aria. She was unique, she wasn’t like other girls, and he had to convey that somehow through this ring, show her that he really knew her, really knew what she liked and what she didn’t like. He had to prove himself if he stood a chance, and he knew that things were getting a touch rough between them. She was starting to question things, their relationship, her past relationships. Things weren’t looking good, and he knew a good way to save it was to get married. They were both acceptable ages, he was only four years older than her, her parents liked him much more than they liked her ex, and that was all that matter. He finally got her, he finally got the girl, and that dumb teacher got what he deserved.

He never really understood that, understood what Aria saw in the teacher. Sure, they had a lot in common, but how far could that really take a couple? You had to have stuff that you had to develop, and he wasn’t exactly sure why they broke up, but once he heard, he jumped on it. Comforted her, held her when she cried, took care of her, and when he asked if she wanted to go out, get some dinner, things ended well. Obviously. He was looking for a ring for her. That had to mean he was doing something right, and this past year wasn’t a waste. Well, he wouldn’t say a waste, per say, but his dating had obviously been at a minimum, and he wasn’t exactly the type of guy to cheat on a girl, no he couldn’t hurt someone like that. He wasn’t completely conceited. Maybe he was a little, since he wasn’t exactly buying a ring for the right reason. But, eventually it would be. He wouldn’t regret this, he couldn’t. Cause that would suck. For both of them.

Leaning against the glass counter, he looked down at the choices, trying to find something that fit her. He noticed that she liked to wear vintage-like clothes; she liked to be unique and stand out. How he could portray that in a ring, though, that was the challenge. He didn’t want the regular, cookie-cutter type of ring, the big diamond in the middle, a gold band, all that stuff. No, he knew it had to be different, something you wouldn’t see every day. Maybe a ruby stone, or sapphire, those would be somewhat unique. He wouldn’t want them to be too incredibly big if they were a different color, but those had to appeal to her, right? Or maybe he could let her pick it out! Then she would get what she liked, he wouldn’t have to go through all this trouble anymore, and everyone would be happy. If she accepted…

When the woman that had helped him earlier, Jordan, came back out, he waved her over and she smiled, walking towards him. “Still stuck, Jason?” She had a small smirk on her lips and he sighed, running his fingers through his blonde hair, nodding his head. “Yeah, I was thinking, and tell me if this is a good idea or not. But, I was thinking that I should purpose, and have her pick out her own ring! Do you think she would like that?” It was unique, and he was sure not a lot of people did it that way. She liked unique. Seeing Jordan sigh and shake her head, he groaned, shoving his hands into his dark denim pants, looking back down to the rings. “What should I do? I don’t know what to get her. It should just pop out, right? But, twelve stories, it should’ve come up by then.” He looked at the small brunette before back down into the cabinet.

“Maybe, and, I don’t want to offend you or anything, but maybe you two aren’t ready to get married. I mean, twelve stores is a lot, and you probably saw the ring she would love, you just don’t know her well enough to be able to see it.” Hearing the woman’s words, Jason looked up at her for a moment before looking back down, again, this time, at his shoes instead of the rings. What the hell was she saying, she couldn’t possibly be right! He… he knew Aria like the back of his hand. He knew that she liked to read, she liked to write, and she was majoring in… s**t, what was it called again? Something about History… or maybe it was Literature. Damn, maybe this woman was right. He didn’t even know what she was majoring in. Well, his mood just dropped.

“Thanks, anyway.” Turning, Jason walked out of the jewelry store, his phone vibrating in his pocket. Pulling it out, he held it in his hand for a moment before he decided he shouldn’t ignore her, if it was her. And, it was.

To Jason
                                                    U left this morning… again. Headed off to school, see you later?
                                                    From Aria

This was the third time he’d left without saying goodbye to her, and he knew that he should probably wake her up, tell her he was leaving for the morning, taking care of business or something. He always felt bad, though, seeing her so peaceful as she slept, so happy about whatever she was dreaming. So, he just kept to himself, left, decided that, when he did finally pop the question, she would understand why he was leaving. Hopefully. For now, though, he was just meeting with some people, friends from work, whatever cover story he could come up with that would cover him for the morning. For now, at this moment, he would just reply to her.

Grabbed some coffee with some co-workers. Didn’t want to wake u. See you later.

Short, straight to the point, but evasive enough that she wouldn’t be able to question him or why he was leaving early. He would leave early a lot to discuss things about work, sometimes not always work-related, per say. But close enough, he felt. Sometimes it would be about other co-workers, sometimes about girlfriend problems. Maybe that was what he needed at the moment, just some time to talk to some buddies, see what they thought. Then again, that could probably wait for another day since Aria and him were still working through some problems. They weren’t huge problems, but they were big enough for them to notice them and have to deal with them. Putting his phone back into his pocket, he started to walk down the street, heading past the coffee shop, just planning on taking a little peak inside, see the happy faces. Until he saw the one face that he… well, he didn’t hate, but… no, yeah, he did hate. Seeing her ex boyfriend and her ex teacher sitting there with two girls… women, he wasn’t really sure, all he could see was the teacher’s face.

He hadn’t expected to feel such anger towards the man, but, he did. He had hurt Aria, and no matter how many times he was told that he didn’t know her, he did care for her, he really did. And if she ever got hurt, whether they were married, dating, or not speaking at all, he knew that he would protect her, no matter what. She’d been best friends with his little sister, he’d known this girl since she was young, and he planned on keeping her happy and safe and not upset at all, no matter what he had to do to keep her that way. He was her girlfriend, hopefully his soon-to-be wife, and he was going to love her with every last fiber of his being until she was shoving him away with full-force.

o o c :

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

don't choose the one who is b e a u t i f u l to the world
                  choose the one who makes your w o r l d beautiful

User Image

Her dream was nice. It was a reoccurring dream, yes, but, it was always welcomed. This dream was unlike the others that she had, they weren't like the happy ones when she was a child, getting the toy she'd always wanted but her parents could never afford. It wasn't like the dreams of passing a test, passing a class, getting all A's in every class. It was nothing like those. No, this dream was... something else. It wasn't a scary dream, she loved this dream, and if she could record it to watch it over and over again, she would. Except the fact that her current boyfriend probably wouldn't enjoy that much. It would probably add a bit more tension to their relationship and they definitely didn't need that. She didn't want another fight to end a relationship. But, back to this dream. Let’s start from the beginning, shall we?

It starts off as every other day, she’s going to her boyfriend’s apartment… well, ex-boyfriend now, but that’s beside the point. Her and her boyfriend are happy, she remembers this day very well, despite it happening a year or so ago. She had been in a good mood, she thought everything was fine, but boy had she been wrong. She knocks on the door, and it swings open, a very angry Ezra standing behind it. He looked absolutely furious, and she asked what about, like any good girlfriend would do. As he started to explain, he began to get more and more mad, which, in return, with all the accusations, she started to get angry as well. In her dream, they have a fighting match, Aria begins to storm out, but then something stops her. She isn’t sure what, but something does, and she turns around, asks what she can do to fix things. He tells her, and eventually they work through it. She didn’t let him get to those final words that ended everything, she stopped him before it, her dream did, at least. In reality, that day was nothing like her dreams and she would do absolutely anything to take everything back and make things better. She never admitted it, to anyone, but she missed Ezra. A lot.

Today was a good day for this dream to happen. She was going to college. Out of a spur-of the moment decision, Aria changed her major and minor. But she hadn’t like her current major, well, not exactly the major, but the teachers. She had heard horrible things about them, didn’t want to deal with them, and she knew that she should’ve given them a chance, but, she was Aria. She was now getting a major in World Literature and a minor in creative writing. Two things she loved the most and she had heard better things about her new set of teachers. Due to her late change, she had yet to be put on any of the attendance sheets, so none of her teachers knew she would be there, and she didn’t actually have any teacher names. The counselor had been so busy she’d only been able to give her the time of the class and the room number. So, that dream, it would give her something to hold onto, something to think about when she got kicked out of class because she wasn’t on the roster, or whatever. She didn’t know, she’d never been to college before.

Rolling over in the bed, she felt that the space next to her was cold and it had been slightly made. Eyes fluttering open, the small brunette stared at the empty space, sighing softly as she ran her hands over the material of the comforter. Of course, Jason was gone. Again. This was the third time this week that he had disappeared in the morning, days he had off, not waking her up, no note to be seen, and she was getting tired of it. Grabbing her phone, she sent him a quick text; she just wanted to know why he was always gone so much, especially in the morning. If he knew anything about her, he knew she was more of a night owl then an early bird. Sitting up in the bed, the brunette ran her fingers through her messy hair, looking at the time and realizing she needed to start getting ready for the day if she didn’t want to be late. As she was heading to the bathroom she got the text from Jason, shaking her head. Yeah, she was sure his co-workers were wanting to go to coffee with him this much. She found that very hard to believe.

Plugging in her curling iron to let it heat up, she quickly got into the shower, not really needing it, but rather using it as a tool to wake up. She definitely needed a good wake up. The shower was quick, five minutes tops, and she was out again, a towel wrapped around her petite frame, a towel drying her hair the best it could. She brushed her hair through, dried it completely with the blow drier and began to make soft curls in her hair. It took her about twenty minutes to finish her hair, her makeup wasn’t extravagant, but she did take her time, costing her ten more minutes and as she walked to the closet to get her clothes, she noticed there was thirty minutes left of class. Quickly grabbing a shirt and pants, she quickly jumped into them, literally jumping around the room to get everything on her before she grabbed a pair of booties, putting them on, grabbing her necklace and getting it as she finished her morning routine, getting her phone and her bag and walking out the door with twenty minutes to get to class and a fifteen minute walk to get there.

She was gripping her phone as she began to job to where she was hoping the class would be. World History through Literature. She was sure it had something to do with her major, she didn’t actually know why she signed up for the class, but she thought it sounded interesting. She just had an urge to sign up, she couldn’t explain it, but, here she was, walking towards it. She noticed fewer and fewer students were out walking around, a few not having a class, other’s stragglers like her, running late. Finding the room, she could help but take a deep breath. Two minutes to spare, which was good, she wasn’t late; although her mother did tell her ‘It’s better to be 30 minutes early to lass then on time. You always get the better seat.’ Well, that didn’t work out very well today, now did it mom. Maybe she should give her a tip on waking up. Oh yeah, her boyfriend could’ve done that, but no, he’s been disappearing. Just awesome. Walking into the classroom, the chatter around her was loud, louder than she expected, her eyes looking at the students everywhere, laughing, talking about their vacation, none paying any attention to her. Good. Finding a seat quickly, about the third row back from the front of the room, the first seat of the row, Aria sat down, pulling out her notebook and turning the sound off on her cell. Okay, maybe today wouldn’t be so bad.

ooc: I just thought it would be a good way to get Ezra and Aria to see each other a lot

outfit

Dapper Dabbler

User Image User Image User Image

яσωαи αииαℓуѕє fσχXXxxxx
. . . . . . яσ . . . . . .
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

xxxxhungergamITS EMPTY IN THE VALLEY OF YOUR HEART - - - ( )
xxxxhungTHE SUN IT RISES SLOWLY AS YOU WALK
xxxxhungeraway from all the fears
xxxxhungergameSO TIE ME TO A POST AND B L O C K MY EARS
xxxxhungei can see widows and orphans through my tears
xxxxhuni know my call despite my faults

xxxxhungergaAND DESPITE MY GROWING ( FEARS )
xxxxhungergambut i will hold on hope
xxxxhungerAND I'LL FIND S T R E N G T H IN PAIN

outfit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Afghanistan. This was honestly the last place the young blonde ever thought she would end up. She'd always looked up to her sister and brother, of course she had. Every younger sibling looked up to their older siblings, no matter how much they denied it. And this certain younger sister denied it every chance she had. She wasn't exactly the perfect child; she'd never done that great in school, although she'd always had a knack for writing. She wasn't sure if her sister knew this or not, but when she was younger, probably a sophomore in high school, she would sneak into her room and take a photo from the bottom of a pile and she would write chapters upon chapters about that one picture. She was good at it, the only thing she was really good at. Well, that, and turning heads of older men, sometimes married, sometimes not. It wasn't like she acted upon it, though. This was a different situation, though. It wasn’t like the young, twenty-one year old blonde was going to be sneaking into her sister’s room. Hell, she didn’t even know if they would have separate rooms. Or where in the hell her sister would develop all the film she was bound to use, taking pictures of these soldiers. Of the men who served her… their country.

The Fox family had always been patriotic. When 9/11 struck the country, it felt like it had taken a piece of her with that tragedy. She had been ten; she had been taught what the men in their military did when they were thrust into action, most of the time without warning. So, when she heard about what happened, she’d gone home early from school and spent the day with her family. That was their family, that was what they did, because they loved their country. And it just goes to show that, even though the war may take people, it was still for a good cause. Young Rowan hadn’t thought that when her older brother had been killed at war. She’d had been devastated, had refused to support anything dealing with the war. She never talked about it. It hadn’t been healthy, but she was still here, and now she was going to Afghanistan with Shal. Her friends thought she was crazy, everyone thought she was crazy. No one thought she was going to make it, they didn’t think she would last a month. Not only was she here to help her sister shed some light, but she was here to prove she wasn’t just a girly-girl who liked to shop.

Looking outside the rather large plane (she was still young, she didn’t spend twenty-four seven learning about military stuff), her eyes gazed over the large desert. That was about all there was. Sure, there were mountains and everything, and she could see the base off in the distance, but it was all sand. And this was where she would be staying for… she actually wasn’t sure how long. She’d just finished off college; she’d gotten a major in creative writing and a minor in history. She was also working at a news company and they seemed pretty excited about her going to Afghanistan. Although, a few weeks ago there had been a rumor going around she was going to lose her job. She just couldn’t seem to hold on, and, although this wasn’t exactly the best place to vacation, it got her away from the city, it got her away from the snobby people she worked with and the judgmental friends that she had. She was actually looking forward to the action she would be seeing here.

Rowan Annalyse Fox was a different girl. Yeah, some people could argue she was the common ‘dumb’ blonde and she could definitely fit that profile, but she was unique. She wasn’t stupid, she just didn’t get a lot of the school stuff. She excelled in history and creative writing in high school and she was in the top of her classes at college. So, it was just the math and science crap that got her, and who really needed that, anyway. It wasn’t like she was going to use any of the useless information they had stuffed into her brain those four years of high school. Her eyes were a soft blue, not over-powering, but not dull. They were just vibrant enough for her liking. Her hair was luscious and blonde, reaching just below her bust line. She was slender, like her sister, although her sister was slightly curvier, whereas she was just sort of flat all around. She’d always hated how her sister got the big boobs and she got stuck with the B cup. But, she wore clothes that enhanced them, and a push-up bra always came in handy.

Looking over at the blonde next to her, Ro stared at her sister, seeing how her face glowed and how her eyes light up with excitement. She may not know it, but whenever she spoke of it, Ro knew that this was what Shal was supposed to do. She was supposed to be coming overseas and spending time with these men and women (were there women?) and shedding light on what really went on over here. Ro had been fascinated by her sister’s work, she would read every word, looking at every picture, jot down ideas from the details that her sister had. It wasn’t as if she would use the exact experiences, but Rowan had found that getting ideas from these stories definitely gave her inspiration. Her sister was her inspiration. She was her everything.

The blonde’s foot began to tap against the floor of the helicopter as she watched out the side, seeing it get closer and closer to the ground. Her stomach was doing flips on itself, and it wasn’t helping at all. It had to be normal to be nervous, right? She was going into unfamiliar territory, where she was risking her life with every step she took. On top of all of that, she was going to around a lot of men, and that was going to be a job in itself, she was sure of it. She was probably younger than all of them, her sister had told her that these men weren’t like the normal ones, that they had more dangerous missions than what others had. That just made her assume that she would be the youngest. She had never been one at making correct assumptions, though.

Feeling the helicopter reach the ground, Ro took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment before she snapped them open and followed her sister out of the copter. Grabbing her bag, which was slightly larger than her sister, she looked at the man standing there, seeing him smiling at them, a small smile on her own face. Her dark sunglasses covered her blue eyes as she stared at him, taking in his body, his uniform, his face. She had no idea what anything on his uniform meant, she had no idea what anything meant, but he didn’t say anything, and Shal didn’t say anything, so Ro just stood there, rocking on her heels slightly. Seeing a rather very tall man coming towards them, she stared at him for a moment. Why were Army guys always so hot? That was her question, and she would definitely be asking Shal if they had just gotten lucky or something. Because they were some fine men.

ooc : very nervous about this... hope it's okay!!

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

ѕєєℓєу тнσмαѕ вσσтн
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
all gave s o m e , some gave a l l
some stood through for the red, w h i t e and blue , some had to fall
and if you ever t h i n k of me
think of all your liberties and recall
some gave all

Seeley Thomas Booth; named after his father, living with his mother and younger brother. He didn’t grow up in a typical home, his father abused him and his family, his mother left them when he was just nine, his brother five, and they lived with their grandfather just months after his mother left. He loved growing up with his grandparents; he had learned values and morals he would’ve never learned from a drunk and a coward. He grew up to be an exceptional man. Not only does he have a Masters in Criminal Justice, a minor in Psychology, but he’s also the Staff Sergeant of his platoon, something he is very proud of. He was in the Army, and, although that didn’t matter to him, it tended to matter to those outside of the Military who guessed that all the Branches had something against the other, and yeah, they had a little rivalry between all of them, but, in the end, it didn’t matter whom they were going against, as long as they were keeping their country safe and their freedom intact. Well, that was all Booth cared about, and he thought that that was all that mattered.

Every day was usually the same, waking up early and staying up late, eating large amounts of food and drinking gallons of water every hour, but today, oh no, today was going to be different. Word has it two female reporters were coming to their base. Why their base? He had no idea, but he did know that it had been a long time since there had been females there, and boy, were the guys happy about that. Even he was a little excited, because, he knew that one of the girls was a famous reporter, and he had seen her picture, and she was hot. Her little sister was tagging along, and that only meant one thing to Booth. Genetics. Of course, being Staff Sergeant, he wasn’t going to make a stupid move and get himself in trouble, he was actually put on puppy-guarding duty over the two girls, along with his best friend/second in command, Chris. They were like two peas in a pod, these guys. They’d known each other for a long time, had been around through the good and bad, and they were still together. It was the ultimate bromance story.

At this certain moment in time, Booth was leaning against a wall, awaiting the arrival of the two reporters. Although his head should be all the way there, it wasn’t. He was thinking, thinking about his past, about things he’d done, mistakes he’d made, miracles that had come out of those mistakes. There was actually one that he was thinking of, one in particular. A little blonde, bouncy boy, about four years old. And boy was that kid a stopper. Anyone who saw him had to go up to him, say hello to the little boy, pinch his cheeks and such. And Seeley had never been more proud than that moment. Of course, him and Parker’s mother weren’t together, but they spoke and shared custody of their son. His son knew what he was doing, well, sort of. The easiest way that he could explain it was telling him that he was a secret superhero and he was saving the world. The little boy had been so fascinated, his big blue eyes growing with excitement as he learned his father’s ‘secret’. When he had left, Parker had been very upset and he hadn’t wanted him to go, but he understood that his father had to save the world with his other superhero friends, and, although there had been tears shared, he had departed with a somewhat warm heart. Leaving your child was never easy, though.

Hearing the sound of a helicopter getting closer to the base, he looked up in the sky seeing the black hawk beginning to land. Sighing, Booth put his dark, camo hat back on before he stood up straight, cracked his bones, and walked the long way over to the pad. He needed to collect himself, forget about the emotions of leaving his son with his mother and whatever new boyfriend she had at the moment. He needed to forget all of that and focus on the two women, whom he could see were definitely blonde, and definitely sister, and he needed to keep them safe. He could see Chris was already there, obviously enjoying the sight if the smile on his face was any indication. Most people that made staff Sergeant would be tough, hard on the guys, making them pus themselves to the limit, but Booth didn’t feel that way. He knew that his men would push themselves as far as they could, and they would take care of themselves as much as they would take care of their family. Being where they were was hard and it took its toll on all of them, but Booth didn’t want to be another guy yelling at them, although he did do that occasionally when they needed a little whipping into shape after getting just a touch too lazy. He was their boss, their friend, and their brother. He was there for what they needed him to be there for.

Walking towards the two women and his friend, Booth let a hint of a smile enter his features before he schooled them again. Just by looking at them, even with their sunglasses blocking their eyes, he could tell they were beautiful. The younger sister was very obvious; she wasn’t quite as mature-looking as her older sister, Shalimar Fox. That was his name, if he recalled correctly. Definitely a unique name, although he didn’t exactly have room to speak. Seeley. He didn’t know anyone else with that name, and no matter how much he hated it, it did connect him to his mother, and he needed that connection every now and then. “I’m Staff Sergeant Booth, this is Sergeant Garringer. We’ll be your…host of sorts. We’re basically your protection detail while you’re here. Keep you safe from the bad guys and the horn-dogs.” Which was oh so very true. He didn’t think he’d spoken any truer words in his life. “If you’ll just follow us we’ll get you to your bunks before we take you in for a short debrief.” He took a step forward, holding out his hand to Shalimar, awaiting her to hand him her bag. He was a gentleman, and it was quite obvious she didn’t want anyone taking it form her, she was an independent woman. He would get it, though. He was Seeley Booth, after all.

Dapper Dabbler

words: 1137

User ImagexxUser Image

⋟┊KAT ARMSTRONG
                                    ABU

Katrina had been up before she even had to be, but that was nothing new. She usually woke up hours before she really needed too, the reason she woke up varied. Sometimes it was a nightmare, other times she just didn't want to sleep anymore. This time she was just excited. She would never admit it, but she was excited to be going back to Camp Hickory and she was especially excited to see Chord again. Ever since she'd moved a little over a year ago she hadn't gotten to see him, and this would be the first time in a while. She missed her best friend, and she knew that even though her family didn't approve of their recreational activities, she would continue to be his friend, no matter what. He was the only person that had been with her for longer than a year and didn't have the option of sending her away because she was too much to handle.

Her new family was small. Well, they weren't really new, but they were still new to her. She was in the foster system, and ever since she was three she'd been moved from house to house, family to family, country to country. It wasn't normal for someone to switch countries, but no family wanted her in Australia and a family in the US was willing, so they took her. THen she bounced state to state before landing here in Nebraska. Her family three years ago had sent her off to a summer camp, Camp Hickory, and she'd been going ever since. She was lucky to have a family that would send her every year, it was the on stable thing in her life. "Kitty Kat, you ready to go?" Her foster brother, Ethan, poked his head into her room, a smile on his face. He was the only person who had ever called her that, and, truthfully, she loved the affection. They had left two days before they had to be at the camp since the family decided on driving there.

The drive was, honestly, boring. They played those stupid car games and she had become a pro at them because she was always in a car or on a plane, switching states and houses and families. When they got close to the camp, though, Kat could tell. It just gave off that vibe of annoyed kids, over-happy counselors and people who had twenty emotions running through their veins. Her window was rolled down as she watched the trees pass before the camp finally came into sight. As soon as the car stopped, the young girl was out of the car and was taking in the fresh air, taking in all the scenery and the old and the news things that surrounded her. Turning, she saw Ethan holding her bags before he dropped them next to her and enveloped her in a hug. "If you need anything, anything at all, you know my number. Call and I'll be here in a day, tops." Kat nodded, wrapping her arms tightly around him for a second before she let go and picked up her bags. "I'll call. I promise."

He looked hesitant, but he nodded his head. "Is that kid going to be here? Chord? I don't want you hanging out with him anymore. He's gotten you into things you don't need to be doing." Kat couldn't help but roll her eyes at him before she wrapped her arms around him again. "Chord's a good kid. We got ourselves into trouble, it wasn't just his fault. I found the drugs. I'm not going to do it anymore. I promise." She was going to try and stop using drugs, she really was. She hadn't used in months, but being with Chord, it always gave her that high and the crave of the high that the heroin gave her. It was so easy to get it here too, and to hide it. There was almost never a problem of getting caught. "I love you Kitty Kat, you know that. Call me." Nodding, Kat let him go before she waved to her foster parents and walked towards the camp, her bags on her shoulders. She made her way towards the check in, smiling at the familiar counselor.

She knew a lot of people at this camp. It had been two years, she saw people come and go, counselors get fired and get hired, people getting picked on, she saw it all. Kat wasn't friends with a lot of people, hardly anyone, really. She did talk to some people, and she did hear gossip. She knew more than anyone would probably think she did. Her and Chord's drug abuse wasn't unknown to returning campers and it tended to keep them away. She didn't mind, that was for sure. "Kat, how are you doing?" The counselor dug through some of the papers before pulling hers out. "Good, I'm good. Here's the new information for my family." He took it, a sympathetic look on his face as he stuck it with some papers off to the side. That was why she didn't tell people about her family situation. She hated those looks. "No trouble this year, alright, Kat." Giving him a tight smile, she turned and walked towards the cabins, looking at all the people. Some were lost, others were running around, there was laughter in the air. It sounded like a kid's camp.

Heading towards Cabin 5, Kat's eyes were on the lake more than anything. It was the firs thing she did when she came to camp, every year she jumped in the lake and swam around. She was usually the first to go in, but it usually started a trend and people would follow in. Heading into her cabin, the brunette noticed no one else had put their stuff in, so she chose her bunk, a top, of course, and threw her stuff on it before she made her way back out and down a path towards the lake. She saw a guy with long black hair, although it was all piled on his head in a bun. He didn't look familiar, so she assumed he was new. She didn't go over to him, though. She saw him and figured she could talk to him, but she wasn't that type of outgoing person.

Instead, the brunette walked over onto the dock, slipping her flip flops off and pulled off her shorts and camisole, revealing the bathing suit she had put on before they had left that morning for the final stretch to get to the camp. Her toes curled on the edge of the wood before she jumped and dove into the water, making a small splash as she swam under the cool water. Breaking the surface, Kat took a deep fresh breath in, smiling at the water surrounding her.

OOC :
                        outfit
                        colors

User Image User Image User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

fight all gave s o m e
fi some gave a l l
fighsome stood through for the red, w h i t e and blue
fighting some had to fall
fight and if you ever t h i n k of me
fig think of all your liberties and recall
fightingfight some gave all

davιd ĸale вooтн
xxxx··· the injured soldier

The army. It sounded like a completely horrible life choice, right? Being on the front lines, fighting for the country you love, but risking you life at the same time. Please always ask if it’s worth it. If it’s worth fearing that there will be a roadside bomb or a suicide bomber, willing to blow themselves up to kill hundreds of people. The fear of entering an unknown zone with unknown people and hidden things behind every corner. It did test one’s ability to keep a clear mind and it eventually showed who was willing to fight for their country for freedom, and those who were doing it to get the glory. Kane was an interesting man. When he was younger he never thought he would be here, fighting a war, protecting those he loved. He thought he would be in New York or LA or something, living out the rich life, doing something that people would actually know about. He thought he would be doing something that would make people see who he really was. But it didn’t, this didn’t prove to anyone what a real man he was. No one believed that he was doing this because he actually believed in it. They all thought he was a coward, they thought he was running away from problems in his life that he shouldn’t have done. Mistakes that shouldn’t have been made.

David Kale Booth, known to everyone as Kale or Booth, had been a star. In high school he’d been the star, captain of the football team, captain of the baseball team, he’d done a lot in high school that a lot of people couldn’t even fathom. Not only did he do sports, but he took advanced classes, he passed through high school with a GPA of 4.0. He worked hard to get to where he wanted to get. He graduated valedictorian; he had colleges bribing him to join their schools. His room had been overflowing with acceptance letters and scholarships; he’d been the golden child that everyone had wanted. He chose a college, Notre Dame, the Fighting Irish. He didn’t know what had drawn him to that school, but something had, and he had been happy there. Then things started to take a turn for the worse.

Kale’s mother and father had been going to a party. A drunk driver hit them, killing his mother at the scene and his father a few days after. He was left to take care of his younger brother, but his kid brother didn’t want anything to do with him. He told someone, the authorities, that he wanted to leave, that he didn’t want to be with his brother. They had started an investigation, but soon found out that Jared had just been unhappy. So, they sent him off to some grandparents that they had never heard of. The good thing out of it all was that Kale was able to get back to his life, he was able to get things as normal as they could be, considering the circumstances. His grades slowly began to slip and his life was just turned upside down. His best friend at the time, female, yes, but there had been nothing going on between them. They’d been out at the bar, just getting a few beers with a group of friends. He had been looking for comfort and she had been willing to give it. Protection had been forgotten, and about a month later, she told him he was going to be a father.

The boy had been about nineteen at the time. Things were just so overwhelming and he had no one to talk to, really. He and Jamie had tried to work things out, they’d tried dating, he took care of her, but they just couldn’t work it out. They couldn’t date, it was just weird. So, they continued to be friends, and he looked after her like a sister, although not really in the literal sense. She deserved a good man, and at the time, Kale did not see that as him. They made it through the nine months and had a healthy little girl. They lived together for a while, for the sake of little Emily. She deserved everything in the world, a mother, a father, a house, a pony, everything. Whatever he felt she needed, he was willing to pay for it. Although, slowly, the money began to run low. With child support, keeping food on the table and both of them working minimum wage jobs, it was just too hard.

That’s when the Army became a major option in his life time. At first he was just working at a store that sold army stuff, a surplus store. Then things started to get a little more serious. Football season had started which cut back on the working hours, and in turn, took away money from his family. He talked to his coach, told him of the situation, and he started helping him, talking to the NFL, talking to people that could really get him and his child some money. No one was interested in the football player that had peaked in high school. He was just another guy, another football player trying to make it in the cruel world. A twenty year old guy with a child and little to no money. So, the army took a step into his life. Kale figured that, if he can stop spending so much money on himself, on school and on things he didn’t need, Jamie and Emily would be able to make it by just fine. So, he shipped off to basic training, sending money to the two every few weeks.

He could hear her words, still, little Emily staring up at her father, watching him board a plane to go to Virginia to start his life away from home. “But daddy! I going to miss you.” Her sweet, innocent voice, her piercing blue eyes staring at him, a tight grip on his neck, tears streaming down her face. “I know baby girl. But I’ll only be gone for a little bit. You and mommy are going to have a lot of fun together, and you’ll get to go to all the games with her.” His bulky arms were wrapped around the little one year old, he just didn’t want to let go of the little girl. “But you won’t be. Pwease don’t go.” Kale took a deep breath, getting in as many kisses as he could before he had to leave this precious angel’s life for so long. Then he nodded to Jamie, tears in both of their eyes as he handed her back, kissing the older woman’s head softly, giving her a small smile before his kissed Emily’s cheek. Grabbing his bag, he turned his back to the two, getting on the bus, and watching them go off into the distance.

Basic training had been as they had told him. Lots of working out, lots of training, lots of food. The food hadn’t been the best, no, but he had lived with it. He’d already been in shape when he got there, and he wasn’t sure if he could get into any more shape, but he had been wrong. They had began to feed him more and more as time went on, and before he knew it, he was doing different things. While his new found friends were doing obstacle courses, he was off shooting sniper rifles and AK-47s, learning the ways of those who were truly great. Then the news broke. There was no warning, they just told him to pack his bags and they were shipping him off. His odds were a bit better than those that were just regular army soldiers. He was a part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, he was a sharp-shooter, and, only after three months of training he was a part of something bigger than he could ever imagine. He shot from long-distances, he kept in the brushes and shrubbery, he was kept out of harm’s way, considering where they were going. He begged to see his family; he begged to see them, just for a few minutes, even. They said that he had to leave with his squadron right away, that there was no time to say goodbyes. They had given him a phone call, five minutes was all. It hadn’t been enough.

His daughter wanted to tell him so much. About the stray kitten that had made a home in their home and was now a pet, how well she was going potty in the big girl potty. How she could sleep all night without any nightmares of him not coming home. Then she had asked when he would be coming home. She wanted him to come home soon, so she could show him Mittens and show how she could go potty in the big-girl potty. It completely broke his heart to tell her it was going to be a lot longer than he had thought it would be. That it was going to be a year until he could see her again. When the Sergeant Major began to motion that time was up and he needed to get going was when his daughter began to cry. She told him that she loved him and would send him pictures that she made in daycare and that she would see him soon. He spoke to Jamie for just a short time, letting her know that money would continue to come and that he would write when he could. She tried to fight with him, insisting that they didn’t need the money and that he could come home, but things were set. He told her goodbye and hung up before he got on a plane and headed overseas.

Kale never imagined this was how he was going to be spending his twenty-first birthday. His platoon threw what they could for a party; they gave him little meaningless gifts that wouldn’t last long. He also got a new picture of his daughter and a few hand-drawn pictures from her. She was very advanced for being about 21 months old. He also had a letter from Jamie saying how happy she was with her new boyfriend, how he was so good around Emily and that their daughter was really warming up to him. He knew that she wouldn’t have understood how much it broke his heart to hear that, but it did. Knowing that another man was taking care of his family just brought him down and he spent a majority of the party in his tent, going through pictures that he had, torturing himself.

The years went on, one month after another, dragging on the tour that was supposed to be 10-12 months long. He had entered his 25th month when they finally sent him home, all missions that needed to be completed complete. He spent so much time with Emily; he never let her out of his sight. Kale had been home for seven months before he got a call, saying he was needed right away. He told them of the situation, that his daughter needed him and his daughter’s mother was in a rough place. Her boyfriend that she’d loved so much had started hitting her, just a few days before he got home, but when the guy saw Kale; he bolted and wasn’t seen from again. This was good for him, considering the training that the Army Ranger had. They insisted, said that he would get more money, that he was really needed. He told them it could wait until after Christmas. He needed to spend at least one Christmas with his daughter before he got taken from her again. So, they spent a happy Christmas and New Year together, and then he was gone. For being 24 years old, he had a lot on his plate. He had a lot of things going on in his life and he felt like he was drowning under the pressure.

This time, the tour was entering the 30th month, 2 years and 6 months. The letters were slowly beginning to die down. He wasn’t getting as many; his daughter wasn’t sending as many hand-drawn pictures. Yeah, his tent was littered with them and it was probably good he wasn’t getting anymore, but the letters? He thought that he would still get those, even if they were short little things. He got Emily’s 5th birthday picture, and he got Christmas pictures, but that was really it. Then the impossible happened. One day, about three months ago from this day, he’d been taking a simple rotation, walking the boundaries, making sure everything was in order. He saw it before he could react to it. A grenade was making its way towards him, only him. He got out of the way enough for it not to kill him. Unfortunately, the injuries weren’t bad enough to send him home, either. He’d been knocked out cold for three or four days and he was diagnosed with a concussion and severe burns. They were afraid to transport him in case he was to unstable and crashed on him. He knew they were just keeping him because he was their best ranger that was willing to stay here when he could be home like the rest of his old platoon.

Three months later, he had regained full motion of everything that had been a little under and his concussion was completely gone. He was fit for duty, and now he was walking through the heat he’d gotten used to towards his lunch. He would finally have a real lunch, and he would be able to feed himself which was something he oddly missed. Walking into the mess hall, Kale looked around at the noisy bunch of men and women, smiling at the familiar scene. Finally, something in his life would be somewhat normal. Walking in, he heard a few people begin to clap before the whole hall was filled with clapping. He wasn’t sure why, but he just smiled politely and walked to get his food. Yeah, he’d dodged a grenade and lived to tell the tale, but it wasn’t like he’d saved anyone or anything. He heard that they had caught the jerk that had thrown in, but the 27 year old wasn’t sure why he was getting clapped at. He hadn’t done anything special, and he didn’t see this as a time to be congratulated.

Receiving his food, Kale made his way through the hall, smiling at some familiar faces, heading over to his squad when he noticed her. A little petite blonde, sitting by herself. All alone in this hall full of friendly people. He could tell she was new, because she was very clean for being in the desert. Taking a turn, he headed towards that table, knowing he would hear crap for it later that day. Sitting down across from her, he gave her a smile before he started to eat. Even if she didn’t want to talk, he was willing to just sit and eat. “I’m Kale. Kale Booth. You looked lonely and I thought I would bring you some company.” He nodded his head slightly before he went back to eating his food slowly, still getting use to the feeling in his hands and the fact that his spoon went in his mouth, not his nose. The guy nurse had said it would be difficult after being fed for three months but it would gradually come back. Now he knew that, even though he was a dude nurse, he was pretty smart.

OOC: No worries. There was only one or two of them.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image User Image

User Image

It's been two months. Two months since she went out to dinner with her father, waiting for her mother to show up after she'd been working a hard case. Two months since she'd been worked to the ground and had lost more sleep then should've been possible. Two months since they showed up to the house and saw the detective standing there, a solemn look on his face as he sat them down and apologized for the death that they had recently endured. It had been five weeks since she'd dropped out of Stanford and dropped everything to be with her father. Five weeks since she'd transfered to NYU and it was now the first day of the new semester. She'd changed majors from Pre-Law to Criminal Justice. It's been two months since her mother's murder and it's been one months since they justified it as 'gang violence'. It was justice, it was like something was right. It was like they were trying to just push it out of the precinct and get it out of the news. Katherine Beckett had no idea why, but she knew that her mother hadn't received justice. She'd received the boot and was forgotten about.

Kate would never forget about her, though. Kate would never forget her mother, what she'd done, who she had helped. No matter what Kate went through, she was going to find her mother's killer. Even if she had to sit through a stupid creative writing class because she didn't have enough credits. Creative writing hadn't done anyone any good, it was all a bunch of nonsense that almost always ended in a happily ever after or the bad guy was caught. She thought it was ridiculous, but the school's dean had said that it would be fun and it would take some weight off her shoulders. He didn't really know, though. He didn't know that she was probably psychologically messed up and she'd just recently lost her mother. No one knew. Only her father, and even he was going into oblivion about it. He was drinking himself to death, mourning in his own way, but killing himself and killing Kate inside every day that she had to go home and scrap him off the ground, make sure he was even alive, still breathing. She hadn't had to call anyone yet to save his life, but she knew that it was only a matter of time before he drank himself to death. If it meant seeing the love of his life just one more time, Kate knew he would do it, even at the cost of her losing him.

Walking through the courtyard of her new college, her heels clicking on the wet pavement, the snow having falling a few weeks ago and the weather warming up just enough to melt it. Her leather jacket was zipped up and her bag was being held tightly to her body to try and keep the warmth in her body. She was heading to her most dreaded class, and she hadn't even gotten through one yet. "Katherine! Kate! Wait up." Stopping, the brunette turned to see a woman jogging slightly towards her. She didn't recognize the woman, but she sure did recognize her. Crossing her arms, she waited slightly until the woman caught up to her. When she finally did, Kate waited for her to introduce herself, but she immediately went into what she wanted to talk about. "I read over your paper, Kate. I'm sad to say that I'm very disappointed in your work. The Dean told me you were a transfer from Stanford, and I expected better than this."

The woman had nerve, coming up to her and just going straight into it. She didn't sugar coat it or anything. And it was very stereotypical of her to think that because she went to Stanford that she should be an amazing writer. "I'm sorry to disappoint you Miss.." Kate raised an eyebrow, waiting to hear what her name was. The least she could do was tell her what her name was. It was common courtesy. "Right, I'm sorry. I'm Miss. Malloy. But please, call me Chyanne. Or Chy, whatever you feel comfortable with. I want to be your friend, and your mentor." Kate couldn't help but laugh slightly, trying to keep it quiet, but by the look of Chyanne, she heard it. "Anyway, I'm going to recommend you have a tutor. I mean, not a tutor, but someone to help you out. His name is Richard, and he's the best I know. He'll teach you everything you need to know about writing."

Kate looked skeptical, she didn't need a tutor. She didn't even care about this class, it was just something to fill her schedule. To make up for a missing credit. But, she was the teacher, so she would at least let her believe she was into this whole 'tutoring' thing. Just nodding her head, the brunette kept her arms across her chest and tapped her foot impatiently, waiting to get to class. "Class starts in thirty minutes, so I want you to meet with him. I've already let him know you'll be waiting outside the lecture hall and you two can discuss when to meet and sort everything out. If you're late, you'll be excused, but you can't make it a habit." Of course, of course she had to be late to this class to meet some guy who she wasn't even going to give the time of day. Kate wasn't going to go through with this. "I expect your next paper to improve immensely."

Nodding her head, the brunette turned from the young woman and walked off towards the lecture hall. Making her way to the lecture hall, she could see it in the distance, there weren't many students there, only one, and it was a female, and she was reading a book. Obviously not her new tutor. Sighing, she shook her head. How the hell had she gotten into this situation on the first day of the new semester. She just wanted to stay in the shadows and not attract attention. She wanted to get through this hell she was living and figure out how to get through a whole day when she didn't even want to get up in the morning. Getting to the lecture hall, Kate sat down on a cement block, crossing her legs and setting her bag next to her. Crossing her arms, she kept her eyes down, her hair falling into her face slightly as she waited for this guy to show up.

ooc:

colors outfit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas