Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
              User Image
                  "If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                Please, fill out the form below with your information.
              ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
                              »--- [Kentaro Maple]
                              »--- [Twenty Six]
                              »--- [Male]
                              »--- [Pallet Town]
                              »--- [Professor]

»--- Character faults

◈ Conflicted
                ◈ Defeated
                ◈ Enigmatic

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════╝
                "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand,
                and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
                Good, now please; tell us more about yourself.
              ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
              »--- Personality

◈ Kentaro Maple was a level headed, compassionate man who settled down as Professor Oaks assistant and eventual successor. He was popular in Pallet Town due to his unmatched kindness and gentle nature. He was generous, honest, hard-working and was always there if a newbie trainer needed advice through their beginnings. He was a family man, not just to his son and wife but to his entire community. He was a man of the people... until something awful happened.

During the siege on Pallet Town by one of the very first E.Infected Outbreaks, his son was tragically killed and he withdrew into his Lab only seeing his wife. Seeing her husband in such a rut, she spited him for 'shutting down' when she and the people needed him most. He became a defeated man, pessimistic and with a starkly different outlook. Nowadays, in contrast to his youthful 'everything will work out' manner, he views things realistically and provides a mature insight on how things really are.

»--- History

◈ Once upon a time, there was a young, talented boy named Kentaro who didn't quite know what he wanted to do with his future. Unlike many boys his age, he attended school when presented the choice between that and being a Pokemon Master. He thought doing so would be a much simpler task. That was, of course, until he turned fifteen. You see, Kentaro was not like a lot of boys. While most were out skirt chasing at this age, Kentaro was ever the avid thinker. He preferred much more to think about things in solitude then have any social interaction at all. It forced him to think about what he wanted to do with his life; what would be his life's work?

He couldn't decide on anything! He thought of being an artist, but there was too much leg work for that. He wanted to own a business, but he had no way of obtaining the money and his mathematics were seriously lacking. He thought about becoming a writer but, with so many books already published, he was hard pressed to think up one single new plot point that had not already been told, and that was discouraging to him. One day, an aging Professor Oak came into his school to give a sermon about his work as part of a school lesson about the creatures called Pokemon. After all, even non Pokemon trainers should be aware of such dangerous and potentially helpful little critters. He noticed one young boy in the crowd, unable to keep his focus as he stared out into the wilderness from his desk.

"Boy," he said after everyone left the class room, "You look pretty glum, is there anything I can help you with?"

The uninterested Kentaro continued to muse on the sunset, "Not unless you can tell me what to do with my life..." Kentaro had a depressed kind of look on his face, as noted by Professor Oak.

"Only you can decide that, m'boy, but... I'll tell you what," he rambled on, "Why don't you swing by my office tomorrow and we'll see what we can do to keep your mind off those sad thoughts, eh?"

Kentaro would eventually go to meet Professor Oak at his Lab the next day and Kentaro immediately expressed his disinterest in being a Pokemon Master. To be the best, like no one ever was, this was not his cause. What could be obtained simply from 'being the best'. Eventually, he thought, someone would out do him and then the title he'd worked hard for would shift to second best. He thought it was a useless endeavor.

Professor Oak told the boy that he underestimated the meaning of a Pokemon Journey, "M'boy, you know what your problem is?" he cheerfully asked, "you're too worried about the destination and not worried enough about the journey itself!" He began rummaging through an old bag of his and smirked, "Here," he said, pulling out an outdated looking piece of hardware, "It's my old Pokedex..." he explained, "I want you to have it and go on a journey for me." Oak could see that the boy was displeased with his answer but, the old codger knew better than that, "You see, I'm growing weak in my old age and I can't make the travels I used too. I have in my possession a very sick little Bulbasaur whom needs specialized attention that I just can't provide." He went on, "Please. Take the Bulbasaur to Brock of Pewter City, he might be able to sort things out for the Bulbasaur."

When released from it's ball, Kentaro could see immediately how sick the creature was. A Bulbasaurs leaves were normally a luscious green year round but even now in the spring, it's leaves were browning quickly and it was coughing quite a bit. Still, it showed an attitude that said, 'I want to live' and so, Kentaro accepted the task. "Thank-you boy, I'm sure that you'll know what you want out of life by your journey's end," smiled Oak as he took the Bulbasaur and made his way onto Pewter reluctantly.

Arriving in Pewter, Ken was a bit surprised to find that Pewter 'City' was not much of a city at all but more like a small rural community nestled in the mountain side of Mt. Moon. He searched around for the man named Brock, whom according to Oak, was a famous breeder and caregiver of Pokemon. When Kentaro discovered that Brock was also a very stern, very serious Gym Leader, he was less amused. Nevertheless, a promise is a promise and Kentaro entered the Gym to talk to Brock. The huge double doors to the all rock gym opened with a loud, crooning.

"State your business, traveler." a voice boomed from atop a large pillar of rock.

"I'm here to ask Brock to take a look at this Bulbasaur." Kentaro claimed boldly.

Brock jumped down from the pillar, his stern expression adorning his face. He placed a hand on the Bulbasaurs bulb, who was resting in Kentaro's arms, and looked up at Kentaro with an accusing stare, "You've taken poor care of it so far, it's very near dying." he commented harshly.

"I just got the thing! I haven't been taking care of it up to now!" Kentaro fought back brashly.

"Yes. I can see that much." Brock informed the boy, looking over his shoulder. "A Pokemon Center cannot fix this sort of thing, it has a rare virus contracted by the Bulb. It deteriorates the body, just like a caterpillar devours a leaf. It will die in three short days. Dismissed." Brock went back to his pillar, unable to help the Bulbasaur and Kentaro simply hugged it closer, "Three days...?" he said defeated.

On the next day, Kentaro simply lay in bed wondering if it was all really true. He may not have known the Bulbasaur for more than a weeks journey to Pewter but, was it really going to die? Why did it have to because of some stupid virus. He merely waited in disbelief.

On the second day, Kentaro wept continuously for the poor thing. He refused to accept the reality of his situation and didn't know what he could do to stop it. He felt helpless and afraid, afraid that he could do nothing at all.

On the third day, if only for the sake of the small bulbed dinosaur, Kentaro pulled himself together and accepted the defeat at the hands of the virus in order to comfort the Bulbasaur in its final hours. The Bulbasuar seemed fed up with the kids constant angst however, it barked a few angry saurs and ran out the Pokemon Center towards the Gym, challenging the Gym Leader on it's own. Kentaro arrived when suddenly, Bulbasaur hit the floor and a large rocky snake coiled itself above them. "Onyx..." Kentaro gasped, having heard about the giants before.

Kentaro tried to console the little grass type by saying it was in no condition to be doing this sort of thing but, it persisted to continue the fight. It was so fierce and determined to fight Brock as though to fight fate itself, that Kentaro was inspired and stood up at its side. After all, if this was its final wish, Kentaro should be happy to fulfill it. "Okay then..." he said standing up, "let's do it."

The Bulbasaur fell to the ground in exhaustion however, it seemed incapable of fighting on no matter how determined it was. That was, until a faint glow overcame its body and it began to change form. It was evolving. "Ivysaur," the pokedex chimed in his pocket, "It uses petals, aromas and powders to quickly subdue its enemies; when the bulb on it's back begins to swell, it is near its final evolution." Kentaro wouldn't hear the entry go off however because he was too enthralled by something else. The particular color of his Ivysaur's leaves. They were healthy and green. Seeing the power of such determination himself, Kentaro decided they'd win this battle and so, they did, earning them the Boulder Badge.

"That rock-hard will power," Brock stated, "is the core of what my gym is about. Never to give up against the flow of the river. To, like a rock in the stream of life, endure through hardships completely." He paused, "You've learned what this gym has to offer, to never give up in uncertainty. You're Bulbsaur, er, your Ivysaur will be fine now. When it evolved, it's DNA sequence changed drastically. It made the virus unable to adjust. It evolved just in time thanks to you." Brock smiled, praising Kentaro. The rest is history, Kentaro had returned to Professor Oak once more, asking the Professor if he could keep the Ivysaur to which Oak explained that it was his Pokemon from the moment he decided to take care of it. Joining Kentaro's family, the Ivysaur was renamed 'Cybele' and they set out on a journey, not to become a Pokemon Trainer but, to learn more about the world. Kentaro just wanted to continue learning.

He and Cybele met many new Pokemon, caught, aided and released back into the wild often after being nursed back to health after an otherwise debilitating injury in the wild. Sometimes though, they wanted to join Kentaro. Kentaro went on to defeat each of the gyms in the Kanto region, not as a means to become stronger but, to broaden his horizons with new ideas proposed by each different style.

When he returned from his journey, Kentaro had been made aware of Oaks waning health. Eventually, he passed away in his sleep and suddenly, Pallet Town needed a new Professor. Within his will Professor Oak suggested Kentaro personally to take his place and Kentaro, mournful of his mentors death, took up the position, settled down and married a nice young girl in Pallet and had a son.

Five years after his son, Hope, was born Kentaro now known as Professor Maple, would have to endure a great hardship no one saw coming. A virus swept across the whole of the Pokemon World and it affected the minds of Pokemon. Kanto had the least damage, being as industrialized as it was with few truly rural locations but on the scale of damage that this kind of sickness created, there really was no point in comparison. Pokemon were becoming feral creatures, attacking people and other Pokemon on sight. When Hope was killed in an attack on Pallet, Maple lost his. His wife abandoned him, and he became a disheveled shell the great man he once was. The Ranch that had allowed him to let caught Pokemon roam free was destroyed by the assault and those Pokemon either escaped or were turned. Maple inevitably released his team, telling them to let him be alone in his misery and torment, that they should go try to find happy lives. They all left him against their wishes and so... here we are.

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
            User Image
            Venusaur // Gaia

[Overgrow]
            [Maple]

• Venusaur was Kentaro's first pokemon, bequeathed to him as a Bulbasaur who suffered a mysterious illness. Her illness was seemingly resolved when she evolved into Ivysaur out of new-found respect for her trainer, whom she was previously wary of, due in part to her illness. She evolved into Venusaur once more, when she was unfit to protect her trainer from the Eclipse Pokemon.

『 Ingrain 』 『 Sludge 』
            『 Leech Seed 』 『 Vine Whip 』
            『 Poison Poweder 』 『 Sleep Powder 』
            『 Take Down 』 『 Razor Leaf 』
            『 Sweet Scent』 『 Growth 』
            『 Double Edge 』 『 Petal Dance 』

User Image
            Gallade // Helios

[Justified]
            [Maple]

• Helios is the brother Gallade of Kentaro's other, now deceased Gardevoir, Artemis. He, like Gardevoir, is touchy on his sister's death but, unlike Kentaro he always keeps his cool. In times of desperation, Ken often turns to Helios, who helps him through the darkness like the sun god for which he's named. He is the most like his trainer and mourns ever having been jealous of his sister. He used to worry about being cast in her shadow.

『 Destiny Bond 』 『 Grudge 』
            『 Confusion 』 『 Double Team 』
            『 Teleport 』 『 Lucky Chant 』
            『 Slash 』 『 Heal Pulse 』

User Image
            Aerodactyl // Ares

[Rock Head]
            [Maple]

• Ares is a bit vicious on it's own right. In much the similar fashion of Ash's Charizard, it often fails to listen to even Kentaro, however, this is shown to be mere battle pride as he is much more gentle and even docile outside of the battling arena, and in more high-stakes battles it's willing to listen.

『 Roost 』 『 Dragon Breath 』
            『 Thunder Fang 』 『 Fire Fang』
            『 Ice Fang 』 『 Wing Attack 』
            『 Scary Face 』 『Super Sonic』
            『 Bite 』 『 Roar 』
            『 Agility 』 『Ancient Power』

User Image
            Blaziken // Hera

[Blaze]
            [Maple]

• Hera is a fiery one. She tends to show her affection for Kentaro much in the same way that Ash's Bayleef did, with body language. She had a sisterly bond with Artemis, Hera being the younger sister of the two. She remembers how much her trainer loved Artemis especially, and she feels sorry for the loss. It was shortly after Artemis passed away that Hera's affection began to appear and she, perhaps more than even Gaia, is very protective of her trainer reminiscent of her 'older sister', who passed away.

『 Counter 』 『 Agility 』
            『 Scratch 』 『 Focus Energy 』
            『 Ember 』 『 Peck 』
            『 Sand Attack 』 『 Bulk Up 』
            『 Quick Attack 』 『 Blaze Kick 』

User Image
            Empoleon // Posiedon

[Torrent]
            [Maple]

• Poseidon's the most dignified pokemon in the group, as Empoleon typically are. He's also very intelligent, being able to formulate his own attack patterns on long-term basis if he should be separated from Kentaro. He acts a bit like an old man, stoic and fortress-like and this can be attributed to having been raised by Professor Rowan until he was a Prinplup. In times of need, Poseidon allows Kentaro to surf on it's back, despite it's pride as an Empoleon.

『 Ice Beam 』 『 Rain Dance 』
            『 Pound 』 『 Bubble 』
            『 Water Sport 』 『 Peck 』
            『 Metal Claw 』 『 Bubble Beam 』
            『 Bide 』 『 Fury Attack 』
            『 Brine 』『 Aqua Jet』

User Image
            Cubone // Persephone

[Lightning Rod]
            [None]

• A recent member of the team, on the way back to Pallet Town, Kentaro had noticed an injured and dying Marowak. It, with a little translation trouble, informed Ken about her nearby nest she had tried to defend and took off her skull she had wore. She wanted him to protect her new baby Cubone, and to give the skull to her. Ken did so with great honor since normally, Marowak are savage pokemon. As soon as the Cubone was born, he named it Persephone, and gave it it's mothers skull to wear.

Persephone is the first pokemon Kentaro has caught since his Gardevoir's death and aside from Hera, Persephone is one of the few pokemon or people that Kentaro feels safe enough to open up to. Persephone tends to be childish and brave-hearted.

『 Screech 』 『 Skullbash 』
            『 Growl 』 『 Tail Whip 』
            『 Bone Club 』

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image

- Pokemon Professor -
Kentaro Maple

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

"And when I saw her death, I realized there was no greater evil than that which is born by witnessing someone you love die before you, and I realized to what lengths men could perform evil."
-Kentaro Maple-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Txt here!

User Image
"Do you know what it's like to have your pokemon die?"

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
The Tale of Gaia

Looking back to those days, I was pretty arrogant wasn't I? I was born a sick Bulbasaur, my mother and father had recently passed away and I remember being pretty sad because of that. I don't know what caused their deaths, I don't think the doctors or professors did either. I was scared because my illness was just as mysterious. I wanted to become strong as a result of this, as a result of my fear of dying. When I tried to display strength though, everyone held me back. "Don't push yourself so much..." They'd say, "You're much too weak for this sort of thing," I want to be stronger! Don't they understand that!? Why couldn't they understand!? If you're weak, you die. Did they really want me to die? Trainers would come and go, Professor Oak would pick the healthiest of the batch for the rookies and I was never allowed to make the cut. Am I going to die alone? I don't want this. I want to see the world! I want to be strong! I acted out because of this.

Then one day, a curious blond haired boy came. He wanted a Bulbasaur but all of them had been taken this year... all that is, except for me. The professor quickly explained why he couldn't have me and I became a sad Bulbasaur once again but, the boy gave protest and eventually the professor gave in. He didn't look too confident in himself at the time, and he was just as bad as the rest.

As we walked a long the Viridian Forest, I was anxious to do battle with wild pokemon but once again; I was underestimated due to my condition. The boy had medication for me and at night, I buried it all in a hole hoping he wouldn't think I was sick without the medicine to remind him of it. He never did say anything about that, now that I think of it. In fact, maybe if only subconsciously, he understood me; we went immediately to Pewter City gym.

...And we won the match, "What is your name, boy?" A terrifying tan-skinned man asked my Trainer, "K-Kentaro..." my trainer said with hesitation. "Why do you think you deserve this Boulder Badge?" My trainer gave the obvious answer, and this seemed to anger the Gym Leader. "Wrong. How dare you use a sick pokemon to do battle...? If you keep it up, that pokemon may very well die. You'd be better off going home," Kentaro hung his head, and called for me to follow him as he lumbered out of the gym. We ended up at the Poke'center, this was the first one I'd ever been to one and I was scared at first when they took me away. I thought he was abandoning me...

That wasn't the case though; and I felt silly when I heard him apologize to me. That's when he said something that really got under my skin, "Bulbasaur..." he started out, a melancholy tone in his voice, "I... think I'm going to pack it in, Brock said that you could-- well, you're welcome to still live at my house with me," I remember my eyes welling up with tears but, they weren't of gratitude as they should've been. No, they were of resentment. I was so weak that a battle might kill me!? That's... just impossible, how else will I get strong? I hated that idea and I ran away from him into the forest to show him how strong I really was.

I took down every Pidgey and Rattata that came at me and I welcomed more challengers as previous one's fled. The Pidgey's must've flown back to their nests and told their father, because the flapping of large wings came in the form of a Pidgeot, mad as it could be. I also heard my trainers footsteps leading to me as he caught up and then his voice, he tried to talk me out of this foolish behavior and then he called me too weak. Did he see what I'd just done!? Fine! I don't have a trainer anymore, I'm going to get stronger on my own and I'll do it by believing in myself. I don't need anyone's approval! Not yours and not the professors! ""Alright" Kentaro said to me, "I'll believe in you, Bulbasaur," when he said that to me, I felt amazingly refreshed. No one had ever said that kind of thing to me before. A glowing in my heart had become projected around my body and suddenly, I felt healthier and stronger than ever before. I had evolved into an Ivysaur. The battle was tough still though, I was working against my natural limits, I was becoming stronger. We probably shouldn't have survived, we almost didn't but... at the last second, somehow I pulled from deep with in my heart the power to fire off a Solar Beam to clean the slate. I haven't been able to do it since... I think it was the heat of the moment. As we lay on the ground together, suffering from both our wounds, (The Pidgeot seemed to not like Kentaro very much...) Kentaro gave me my new name, Gaia, for the great titan of Earth. With this mighty name in tow, we went on to challenge Brock once more. We won the badge and with Brock's kinder side showing through, I think Kentaro won a little courage as well.

And look at me now... I'm a hearty Venusaur. I hadn't wanted to evolve from my more nimble Ivysaur form but, when that unstoppable trainer attacked him... I wanted to become stronger again. As long as I stay with Kentaro, I think I'll keep getting stronger and I'm not so worried about being alone.

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Professor Kentaro Maple
...would like to battle...

User Image
"Do you know what it's like when one of your Pokemon die?"

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lightning began to crackle across the sky which had been darkened with black, foreboding clouds, the screaching sound of a pokemon crowed through the air and it sounded something like a dragon of fairy tales, roaring to flaunt it's superiority. The Paras had paused momentarily, looking up to the sky and ignoring their wounds entirely. Had the Parasect willed it, they would have marched straight through the flames at the enemy, but he was no fool. The Parasect seemed slightly pissed off that he had been flanked by such a low level twerp "Parasect.." it's mandibles clicked, Damn that runt! It paused however when it heard the roar, they all looked up to the sky and momentarily ceased combat, the Parasect wincing as slight amount from the Charmanders Scratch attack.

He could not locate the source of the sound and concluded that it was merely his imagination, when he got back to his feet, he raised a scythe aimed at the Charmander and as he brought it down, the Roar came again. To give pause to a Parasect, whom resisted a Houndours leer, the pokemon must have had a powerful voice behind it. Everyone could hear it of course, and no one would be able to tell if it was friend or foe until it struck down upon the side it chose was it's enemy. The pokemon's voice got closer until suddenly, a low flapping noise sounded and dust began to shift down from the roof inside the old Pokemon Lab. An Aerodactyl, the supposedly extinct pokemon had perched itself upon the roof of the lab, not causing any destruction to it as it sat upon a sturdy beam that reached across a hole in the roofing. Aerodactyl would be seen from all directions, but no trainer was to be found. If it was wild, that was it, game over. An Eclipsed Parasect was one thing, but even a normal Aerodactyl was known to be primordial and vicious by nature. It seemed to eye everyone up that was outside of the lab, paying no heed to the three pokemon in the building or the boy who was on the ground floor.

The ambiguity of which side it was on would be baffling for the rookies, and no doubt they were sure this was going to be the ultimate bad day. Parasect was not going down without a fight however, and it ordered it's Paras to charge at the foe. They shot a String Shot at the top of the roof, and retracted it to fling themselves towards the ancient pokemon. It gave one wave of its large wing and sent them smacking to the ground in defeat. It seemed to grow angrier, that the Parasect would not give it a challenge.

♪ Unlikely (Stay with Me) - Celldweller ♪xxxxxxxx

Pokemon Professor Maple is about to send out...

Rock / Flying
User Image

OOC
OOC Here Please

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Professor Kentaro Maple

User Image
"There's so much on my mind and we're given so little time. There's no way I can hold on as it passes by so, lead me into denial and help me forget for awhile..."

Lightning began to crackle across the sky which had been darkened with black, foreboding clouds, the screaching sound of a pokemon crowed through the air and it sounded something like a dragon of fairy tales, roaring to flaunt it's superiority. The Paras had paused momentarily, looking up to the sky and ignoring their wounds entirely. Had the Parasect willed it, they would have marched straight through the flames at the enemy, but he was no fool. The Parasect seemed slightly pissed off that he had been flanked by such a low level twerp "Parasect.." it's mandibles clicked, Damn that runt! It paused however when it heard the roar, they all looked up to the sky and momentarily ceased combat, the Parasect wincing as slight amount from the Charmanders Scratch attack.

He could not locate the source of the sound and concluded that it was merely his imagination, when he got back to his feet, he raised a scythe aimed at the Charmander and as he brought it down, the Roar came again. To give pause to a Parasect, whom resisted a Houndours leer, the pokemon must have had a powerful voice behind it. Everyone could hear it of course, and no one would be able to tell if it was friend or foe until it struck down upon the side it chose was it's enemy. The pokemon's voice got closer until suddenly, a low flapping noise sounded and dust began to shift down from the roof inside the old Pokemon Lab. An Aerodactyl, the supposedly extinct pokemon had perched itself upon the roof of the lab, not causing any destruction to it as it sat upon a sturdy beam that reached across a hole in the roofing. Aerodactyl would be seen from all directions, but no trainer was to be found. If it was wild, that was it, game over. An Eclipsed Parasect was one thing, but even a normal Aerodactyl was known to be primordial and vicious by nature. It seemed to eye everyone up that was outside of the lab, paying no heed to the three pokemon in the building or the boy who was on the ground floor.

The ambiguity of which side it was on would be baffling for the rookies, and no doubt they were sure this was going to be the ultimate bad day. Parasect was not going down without a fight however, and it ordered it's Paras to charge at the foe. They shot a String Shot at the top of the roof, and retracted it to fling themselves towards the ancient pokemon. It gave one wave of its large wing and sent them smacking to the ground in defeat. It seemed to grow angrier, that the Parasect would not give it a challenge.

♪ Unlikely (Stay with Me) - Celldweller ♪xxxxxxxx

OOC
OOC Here Please

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out