Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                          HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Welcome to the very prestigious PPP Prize Show! This is an event to honor not only the one year anniversary of the Paparazzi NPC Stalking Thread, but also to honor the many contributions of the folks who regular that thread. PPP starts for "Perfect Paparazzi Presenter". It's clever because of alliteration. LOOK, I'M AN EDITOR NOT A WRITER! scream

It's kind of like a Pulitzer Prize, only instead of honoring major works of literature, it honors Grade A NPC Stalking!

I put this together relatively quickly, but I am hoping it will be a fun little event to honor our regulars and the awesome content they come up with. There are 11 minor prize categories, one BIG PRIZE, and tons of Paparazzi to honor! Let's get this show on the road!

My goal is to start the show around 6 PM EST on Wednesday, January 28th.

Please dress fancy for the awards show!

ILY GUYS!

Check out the main Paparazzi Thread!

Award show nomination form (inactive)

Update: 1/25/15:
                          PPP PRIZE NOMINATIONS
                          ANNOUNCEMENT:

Taking NOMINATIONS now until Tuesday at midnight!!

Is there a Paparazzi story or photograph that you have particularly enjoyed during our first year of publication?

Nominate that story, photograph, or contributor for a PPP PRIZE!

What is a PPP Prize? Find out Wednesday, January 28th!

Categories include the best in: [animal] content, in-depth interviews, courageous paparazzi, fantastic 'shipping, intensity, and engaging over all.

So PM me any and all nominations. You may nominate folks for as many articles or photographs as you want.

Username: (Your name)
                          Nomination: (The name of the content you wish to nominate)
                          Nominee(s): (Include your nomination's name, if more than one person worked on this content, please include both names)
                          Possible categories: (Choose either from the categories I listed in the announcement, or make up your own!)
                          Reasons for your nomination: (What's awesome about this paparazzi content?

We will also be honoring the best photographer and reporter over all with the best PPP Prize. For this, we would also like nominations, but please only send the two names for one reporter and one photographer.

Username: (Your name)
                          Nominee: (Their name)
                          Photographer or Reporter (Select one)
                          Why does this person deserve the most prestigious PPP prize?: (Your reasons)

All nominations will be taken in confidence, but know I will probably take quotes from the nominations for the award show to give reasons as to why this person deserves this award.

Tomorrow or Tuesday, I plan to open a thread for this over in community projects for the award show.
                          PM YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW!

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Content Prize Categories
                          I wanted to give all of Paparazzi's content over the past year a chance to be spotlighted, so we have several category prizes that are represented by an NPC SDplus doll--your very own oscar statuette, only plushier. Try not to think of these awards in terms of the gold cost of the NPC doll, because it varies drastically from doll to doll. Instead, try to think about it in terms of the meaning behind the award. Some dolls cost more than others, and some cost less! I wanted to reward the year's awesome content as much as possible! It's the principle behind it that counts!

You Gotta be Kitten Me!
                          User Image Represented by Gaia's first true Animal, Rufus! This award goes to the best content featuring [animals].

Interview of the Century... well... Year
                          User ImageRepresented by Gaiaonline's mistress of interviews herself, Cindy Donovinh! This award goes to the most thought provoking, and interesting interview of the year.

Most Courageous
                          User Image Represented by Gaia's scariest NPC, Carl! This is awarded to the bravest Paparazzi who risked life and limb to get a chance at the perfect scoop!

Down with the Ship!
                          User ImageRepresented by Gaia's most dedicated shipper, Rina! This awards the Captain of the Shippiest Ship content. Rina would be proud!

That's my Jam!
                          User ImageWhat better NPC to represent rocking out the the beat of your own music than Moira? This award goes to the Paparazzi article that represents something that paparazzi loves.

Gifted Gossiper
                          User Image Represented by Sasha, the Queen of Gaian Gossip herself. The Gifted Gossiper is the Paparazzi article with the juciest gossip!

Visually Stunning!
                          User ImageRepresented by Gaia's number one best eye for design, Brennivin! This award goes to the Photograph with the greatest visual elements. Svalr!

Crackpot Theory
                          User ImageRepresented by gaia's most mysterious NPC, Labtech X. This is awarded to the paparazzi content that focuses on material that fits into a crackpot category. Hey, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't out to get you.

Paparazzi Prize Categories
                          These next awards don't honor specific content, but they do honor specific people who contributed something to the Paparazzi thread in it's first year! The prize items are fairly small again, but I hope you guys enjoy the spotlight! The one exception to this is the big prize, of course. That's what being the best gets you!

The Intern Achievement
                          User ImageThis is a special prize awarded to some of our more constant supporters. Maybe they published an article during the year, maybe they didn't, but they certainly stuck with us throughout the year and supported our group as much as possible. Somebody had to get the coffee, right?

Renowned Reporters
                          User ImageWe'll be recognizing three additional reporters for their continuous work throughout the year. This prize comes with a small item and 2 billion gold.

Star Photographers
                          User ImageWe'll be recognizing three additional photographers for their continuous work throughout the year. This prize comes with a small item and 2 billion gold.

The 2014 PPP Prize
                          User ImageThe 2014 Perfect Paparazzi Presenter Prize will go to our MVP (Most Valuable Paparazzi--GET IT?!) of the year. This person not only provided excellent content to publish, but was also a constant presence in our thread and a force pushing us towards being a better group at large. The Paparazzi would not have succeeded to the level we have in the past year without this person. They're kind of a big deal.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Yeata Zi
                          Our first award, "You Gotta be Kitten Me!" goes to the best paparazzi content featuring an animal. This year, I am please to award it to

TheMainCharacter1

for the article "Welcome to Gaia Our New Furry Friends!" featuring a photograph by the author.

This was a cute, fun way to welcome the new NPCs to Gaia! Well done!

Yeata Zi
                          Our next content award, "Interview of the Century... well... Year" goes to a very touching farewell interview written by

Dref Dur

when we all had to say good bye to Uncle Kenny. The interview was the first to focus on a non-NPC, and ended up being a wonderful way to send this beloved staff member off. Thank you for your work!

Yeata Zi
                          "Most Courageous" goes to a paparazzi with real chutzpah.

CioccoLatte

was willing to risk life and limb for "What goes on in Kuroland, Stays in Kurokand....Until the Paparazzi arrive". She even got some pretty great photographs out of it!

Lady! You are either very brave or very crazy! Both make you a great paparazzi!

Yeata Zi
                          I think we all know where this next one is going.... "Down with the Ship!" is not surprisingly going to an article featuring everyone's favorite ship, Cresolae with "A Photographer's Journey: A First Person Account Following Cresento and Nicolae Around for an Evening" by the ultra talented:

minghii

... or....
                          minghi
                          (so you don't miss it no matter which account you log into first :3)

This took some serious dedication and stalking!

Yeata Zi
                          The next award, "That's my jam!" goes to an article written about a Paparazzi's passions.

Sheshira

definitely got into the Summer event like no other! Therefore, we would like to honor her work on "As the sun sets on the Beach event". It was a wonderful closing to a fun NPC-interaction-filled event! It's nice to see a Paparazzi writing about something she enjoyed! Bravo!

Yeata Zi
                          Next is the "Gifted Gossiper" which I would like to award to a rookie reporter. "Ruby's Secret Santa" by

Zana Bonanza

showcases everything necessary for a juicy piece of gossip. It has a spicy romance, an illigitimate child, unfounded leaps supported by gossipy logic, and a quote by the Gaia Gossip Queen herself to back it up. What's not to love?

Great going, Zana! We hope you stick around to write an occasional article in the future!

Yeata Zi
                          The "Visually Stunning" category goes to a contributor who really gave all of us a chance to react to some then devastating news back in September.

Sand Dancer Shaka

for your awesome work on the NPC reaction comic you made after we learned of the manga's demise. We especially want to thank you for the templates you provided so we could ask for further reactions created by other paparazzi in the thread. These were truly awesome! Thank you so much!

For anyone in the awards show who doesn't know to what I am referring, I went ahead and included them here for you:

9/7/2014
                          User Image
                          By Sand Dancer Shaka

More reactions (created by viewers like you:

By Yeata Zi (Art by Ciocco Latte).... Yeah, I'm an NPC.

User Image
                          By Kid Jak

User Image
                          By Meushi

User Image
                          By Pie

User Image
                          By dragonmonkey

By Hassli

User Image
                          By The Iron Magus

User Image
                          User Image
                          By ashlex_in_pearl

User Image
                          By CioccoLatte

XinYunMei
                          As my abilities in when it comes to putting pencil to paper and making shapes that makes sense are still lacking... I can only provide text. Impulsive text at that.

Yun: Y-you mean you don't want coffee? O_o
                          Voice in the background: Get back to work!
                          emotion_bigvein

By Kirana Azadju

Gumby Ningata
                          I asked Sen and Overseer about the plot and this is their answer.

User Image

User Image
                          By x Karurie x

User Image
                          By Ren Orenji Doragon

User Image
                          By Jisen Meizuki

Want to add your own NPC reactions?
                          Sand Dancer Shaka also included some templates!
                          Send your own NPC reactions to me and I will add them here! Get out there and start reporting!
                          User Image

Edit: Sorry this one isn't ornate, i couldn't get the spoiler to open. D:

Yeata Zi
                          hoo! We are down to the final category prize! The Crackpot Theory! Written by the ever-so-talented

Monday Delirium

is "Doctor Singh - Scientist or Criminal". It provides a chilling reason for Dr. Singh's seemingly bizarre treatment of both young Timmy and now another poor boy and juvenile elk. She's clearly a sociopath! I'm happy you joined the team Monday, and I expect many more articles like this one in the future!

Yeata Zi
                          Now I will be honoring our two brightest interns for their help in the thread. Both provided delicious snacks and warm (caffeinated) drinks whenever the paparazzi office required them! Both have also submitted one article each.

XinYunMei

and

frozen_flames06

Thank you so much for being the best interns we could ask for! Your support has really kept us going as a group!

This time, the coffee is on us!

f either of you ever want to graduate to full reporters or photographers we would be happy to take you!

Yeata Zi
                          Next I would like to recognize three outstanding reporters!

Meushi

Gumby Ningata

dragonmonkey

The three of you have had a constant presence in the thread, have written AT LEAST two articles a piece, and have always had your eyes open for the big scoop! You're awesome, and I've really enjoyed working with you this year! Stay classy! AND GET THAT NEXT STORY!

Yeata Zi
                          Finally before the big BIG prize, I would like to take the time to recognize three very talented photographers.

TheMainCharacter1

cottoncandyFRIZZ

CioccoLatte

Your snap shots have really been a high light in our thread! I love that we have the talent in this group to make *actual* photographs of Gaia NPCs! You truly are my star photographers! You're amazing!

Gumby Ningata
                          Yeata Zi
                          Next I would like to recognize three outstanding reporters!

Meushi

Gumby Ningata

dragonmonkey

The three of you have had a constant presence in the thread, have written AT LEAST two articles a piece, and have always had your eyes open for the big scoop! You're awesome, and I've really enjoyed working with you this year! Stay classy! AND GET THAT NEXT STORY!
                          Thank you boss. I try.

Yeata Zi
                          Before I announce the 2014 PPP Prize, I wanted to take a moment to thank each and every person who has supported the Paparazzi over our first year. There are so many people I want to thank! These are very valuable Paparazzi who made our year so special,even if they didn't receive a prize. I still want them to know we appreciate their contributions to the thread. Please stick around and next year, who knows? Maybe your name could be up here!

Jisen Meizuki
                          Sweatpants Princess
                          Guardian Pluto
                          Mississippi Black Velvet
                          Xashowd
                          Hassli
                          x Karurie x
                          NatsuNoYuki
                          Arlette Mori
                          Imrae Myett
                          Kirana Azadju
                          Pie
                          The Iron Magus

There are probably more, and if I missed you it's not because I don't love you! It's because THERE ARE SO MANY AWESOME PAPARAZZI! If you have ever contributed anything to the Paparazzi thread whether it was conversation, reading our articles or just some good ol' fashioned NPC stalking, YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you so much for your help!

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Yeata Zi
                          The 2014 PPP Prize goes to an amazing Paparazzi!

User Image
                          minghi

minghii

Not only has this Pap submitted more content for our publications than any other paparazzi including illustrated articles, stand alone photographs, and photographs in cooperation with other paparazzi work, but Minghi is also the only paparazzi to go as far as to quest an emerald ticket to sneak a Paparazzi into the Bifrost. Let's face it, the art is just plain amazing and the articles are fun! This pap has a knack to sniff out the good story, finding inspiration in events or even announcements. Minghi has been dedicated to the Paparazzi since day one and there is no one more deserving of our first PPP Prize than her.

Congratulations, Minghi! You are the recipient of the 2014 PPP Prize.

You make the Paparazzi proud!

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
                          (A.K.A. the mushy part!)

It's been a great year, guys! Thank you so much for supporting the Paparazzi throughout the year whether it was informing us whenever an NPC posted, writing articles, making photographs, or just hanging out! Each and every one of you has helped to make this a great group! We've had a fantastic year and I hope we have many more!

Your Thank Yous

Meushi gave me the idea to do thank yous in the thread here when she sent in her nominations for ALL THE HARDWORKERS.So if you have anything mushy that you want to say about your awesome fellow paps, post them in the thread here and I will be sure to add your thank you to the list. I do have some prizes donated by the wonderful Guardian Pluto, and I will randomly assign them to thank you posters after the awards show. Be sure to thank Pluto for being awesome!

Meushi
                          I would like to put up a few peeps here! Of course for their hard work! Arlette Mori, her badges are super nice, she's a good reporter and she's a good spy to have around! Jisen Meizuki, even though they're NOT a Paparazzi, they are hard at work for us...wonder if they work for free...., XinYunMei for being the best damn coffee guy there is! And Xin NEVER gets to overwhelmed by the mayhem that goes on in the office! Hassli because off all the green and Hassli is a hardworker as well! Even if he likes Diedrich a bit...to much....Gumby Ningata for being a fun reporter and she likes goats a lot! Minghi and TheMainCharacter1 for being super awesome photographers and ALWAYS able to find a fun scoop, even if they take it away from me MEEH! And last but certainly not least! Yeata Zi!! Without Zi, our editor, we would not even HAVE the Paps! So yes! And I'm sure there are so many more but those are the ones I can think up off the top of my head!

Sand Dancer Shaka
                          Everyone at the Pap thread deserves a reward for all the hard work you do 3nodding thanks for an entertaining year, even if I didn't post... I lurked xd

Special thanks to Yeata Zi, whom which without we could not have had such an awesome thread...... My brain's shut down now.... I think I'll stop that last sentence doesn't make sense, and I've not the brain power to make it comprehensible.

Gumby Ningata
                          I want to thank you Zi because without you none of this would have happened. You deserve the award for greatest editor.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
                          Here I'll include a few links...

User Image

User Image

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
NOW I AM OFF TO WORK ON PREPARING FOR THAT INTERVIEW FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES!

ILY!

Stubborn Gifter

Oh crud, I didn't expect we have that many nominations for the Award. Thank you Yeata and Meushi for setting this thread. And good luck to everyone who got nominated. 3nodding

AncientNames's Senpai

Godly Elder

30,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Timid 100
I've only just recently started to lurk in the paps thread, but already I can see how utterly awesome you guys are! emotion_bigheart Thank you to all the paps who have tolerated my slightly annoying but generally gift-y lol presence around the thread this past month. You all deserve prizes!
You might get some, though maybe not as my funds are starting to run low...
I hope the thread continues on with being a great place for everyone to stalk investigate NPC's, have a great time, and make new friends.

And I hope it stays a good place for me to lurk and occasionally attempt at posting something of interest.

Lavish Ladykiller

Yeata Zi
Quote:
I want to thank you Zi because without you none of this would have happened. You deserve the award for greatest editor.

Alien Sweetheart

*struts her stuff down the red carpet* OH YEAH MAMA LIKES WHAT SHE SEES! *dramatic pose* Oh no pictures, I'm only a normal person like the rest of you....well maybe just a few...*MORE DRAMATIC POSES*

Also seriously thank you Guardian Pluto!! You've been super kind with items!! heart heart

AncientNames's Senpai

Godly Elder

30,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Timid 100
Okay, I've given out some personal thank yous, but I am almost 100% sure I've forgotten someone, if I have I am SOO sorry! I am (unfortunately) only human so...yeah...*copies Meushi's tactics and throws confetti*

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Good morning paparazzi! Looking fancy!

Stubborn Gifter

Morning to you too. How's the research? 3nodding

Lavish Ladykiller

Meushi
*struts her stuff down the red carpet* OH YEAH MAMA LIKES WHAT SHE SEES! *dramatic pose* Oh no pictures, I'm only a normal person like the rest of you....well maybe just a few...*MORE DRAMATIC POSES*

Also seriously thank you Guardian Pluto!! You've been super kind with items!! heart heart
We all know you are not normal. whee Thank you for your kind words.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff