Welcome to Gaia! ::

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ❝ THE ADROIT CLOUD USERunallied
xxxxxx━━━━━━━━ ✽ paolo gesatti • seventeen ✽ year two ✽ dermestes maculatus ✽ tetsubo

• He is the son of the current Segal boss and has been rivals with the heir ever since he could talk. He is said to be a
      prodigy among his peers, however for some reason unknown to the rest of the family, keeps on coming to pick a
      fight with the current Segal heir. Maybe it is because the heir is strong in his own right or this cloud just really enjoys
      the thrill of fighting.

DNP
for burning bright roleplay
quotes are lyrics from the song The People Who Raised Me by Gregory and the Hawk

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                  ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《i've been the quiet one, sequestered and smothered
                                                  xxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❛Hey there! I am a student from the sister school of Vires Academy for Exorcists. Our school trains female
                                                  exorcists so when the opportunity to interview the ho- umm, I mean students from Vires, I jumped at the
                                                  opportunity. ♥ So first of all, a quick run down of who you are~

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ My name is Paolo Gesatti. Gesatti was my mother's name and I prefer to use it. I will not respond to Segal, thank you.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ Mm, no. I don't have any My mother gave me pet names, but those days are long pass.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ /tilts his head/ I'm a boy. I go to the boys' school. /blushes/ I sort of have a love interest.. he's a guy.. you figure that one out yourself.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ I'm seventeen. My birthday is June 2nd.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ I'm unallied, and I prefer it that way. I'm a Cloud flame user, obviously.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ He is the son of the current Segal boss and has been rivals with the heir ever since he could talk. He is said to be a
                                                  prodigy among his peers, however for some reason unknown to the rest of the family, keeps on coming to pick a
                                                  fight with the current Segal heir. Maybe it is because the heir is strong in his own right or this cloud just really enjoys
                                                  the thrill of fighting.

❛How would those that know you closely say about your personality. What about strangers like me?

...Know me closely? /looks uncomfortable/ I don't... I don't have many close friends. But, I guess the people that would know me best would say I'm distant or at best, perhaps shy. I'm not really shy, I just tend to mumble and I don't want to bother people. They make me kind of nervous. Oh, but, you asked what others would say about me. Maybe that I'm... ah... well accomplished and talented. Considering my background and the nonsense I have to put up with, however, that is hardly surprising.

/takes a breath and tries to compose himself/ I guess, those that know the Segal family know that we are capable, goal-orientated and perhaps a bit ruthless when it comes to our goals. You will be unlikely to ever sway me from a decision. Because of this, I learned to be coordinated. I am physically skilled and talented, whether it is with playing an instrument or engaging in a sport. I'm also perceived as being diligent, and I think this is true. I pour myself into a task, not in an obsessive way, but to learn something, you have to feel and live it in your body. It helps to be coordinated to do this, and it means that I get through learning phases very quickly. I also complete tasks quickly because I enjoy learning new things, and the faster (but not sloppily!) I get through something, the faster I hone myself in that art. Ah, I should add, even though I'm incredibly diligent and I believe in doing fast, but clean work, I am a very messy person in the concrete world. Mostly my work space is a mess, not me, but I just work better that way. Papers, sports equipment, maybe some food, a bug collection and drawings, all those things and more could be found on my desk. I throw away trash, but I have to regularly do "cleaning" sessions to combat the piling mess of my life style. I'm said to be smart, but my grades are rather average, As with a B or two in my lifetime of school. Average compared to the expectations placed on me I guess I should say, so stop giving me that look? Uh, please. /blushes/ I am said to be sweet and timid, but those that know me know that isn't completely true. I'm not two-faced or trying to cover anything up, but I am, despite my desire not to be, the son of the Segal family and I have to be tough, especially with some of my interests. Though I AM rather ...meek... when it comes to people with stronger personalities, I don't stand for rudeness or being harmful toward the things I like. I can be rather bratty if someone is being rude or saying insensitive things about what I like or people I like. The combination of this and my own need to stand up for myself, I am a vindictive and ruthless combatant. Fighting is something I love to do. It is something I desire to do. It ignites all the anger that I bury deep inside of myself and I let it pour out. I won't take pity on anyone who is incapable of taking care of themself in a fight. Learn fast, or die.

Oh, sorry. I got a bit dark there? For the most part people say I am polite, well-mannered, if not a little skittish in social situations. /smiles brightly, but averts his gaze to the floor/. I would like for more people to like me and for more people to get along...but people outside of the Segal family make me nervous. If they notice me at all it is when I am forced into a social situation I get tongue tied and I mumble and I sweat. /here, he whispers/ I want to make friends, but I don't know how and I'm so scared of people. Will they think I'm mean because of my family or my intensity when I fight? Will they think I'm weird because of my interest in bugs and magic? Then again, I must seem a conundrum. When I play sports or instruments or tackle something new, I'm normally calm and capable. I win. I do it without hesitation. I succeed. Because for me there is no other option. I have to be better than everyone else just to keep up... I've been told I appear modest. I'm not one to gloat. So I am sure strangers have no idea how to deal with me.. and that is probably why no stranger has ever grown to be a friend of mine.

User Image
                                                  ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《but I won't mind no time spent to save me
                                                  xxx ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❛Ahaha, your shirt probably doesn't do your handsome body justice. //staresintensely So what kind of
                                                  build, would you say that you have?

Um... /looks down at his fit, lean musculature/ ... I feel like there should probably be an adult here.

❛Awesome, so I can obviously tell that your eyes are brown and that you are blonde.
                                                  However those hidden features... ew, I hope that you did not just take that the wrong way! Anyways, any
                                                  tattoos or scars that are noteworthy?

Yes.

I have scars from training and just from being a kid, though the only one worth mentioning is on my upper right back, against my shoulder. It's a burn scar, about the size of a fist. It's an ugly, pearlized, jagged mark of pink-red skin. I hate it, but what can be done? It's just a reminder of how much I dislike Iskander. If I could cut the skin off my back, I would.

Anyway, Iskander aside, who I always fought with, I would pick fights a lot within the family. I like my scars. Most of them are on my arms and torso and aren't anything to gawk at, but the faint lines are there.

❛What is your weight and height if you do not mind me asking? //looksslightlyembarrassed

I'm five feet and eight inches and I don't know my weight. I was never in wrestling or anything so I didn't keep up with it...but I imagine I'd be rather average.

❛Of course, we can never forget fashion. Now Vires requires uniforms (white shirt and black slacks) to be
                                                  worn while in class. What do you prefer to wear when you are out of class?

Oh, I enjoy clothes a lot. I like to dress nicely! Not that I expect anyone to notice. In fact, if they did, I don't know what I'd do with the attention, but I like to spend a little time wearing something seasonably ... fashionable? I'm not fashionable, but-oh-they call it preppy? No. Formal casual? You know, slacks or nice jeans and a simple button up top and jacket. I like leather jackets. And nice shoes or boots! I like very nice shoes, even though I don't like to wear them, but they really set an outfit's tone. Ah, was that more than you wanted to know? I also like jewelry, in particular bracelets. Gives my hands something to fiddle with when talking to a person. Guh.

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《just trying to be good to the people who raised me

❛Everyone has to start from somewhere or should say I from some certain people. So tell me about your
                                                  parents or at least parent figures //smiles

/brow knits and he makes an unpleasant grimace/. Wonderful. That's exactly the topic I want to discuss with a stranger. /sighs/ Fine. My father is the boss of the Segal family. I am not very close to him. I don't understand him. When I was little, I attempted to get him to love me in the way I wanted, to hug me and tell me I did well. I overachieved at everything. But he is an awkward person and I am not close to him. I sort of despise him. /shrugs/ But he sent me here along with Thierry, so for that I can be grateful.

I was very close to my mother. She was an Italian accountant that helped my father's family with their finances. She was affectionate and sweet and I learned Italian from her. She coddled me. She died when I was ten. There is nothing else to say about either of them.

❛Wow~ interesting. How was your childhood? Tragic, adventurous, happy? I love hearing exciting or unique
                                                  stories by the way! But there are always completely normal people like me. Oh crap, I am starting to ramble...

It was pretty normal, I think, for the son of a boss. My mother always put me in activities, my father always wanted me to excel. I was constantly being rushed from one thing to another, when I wasn't learning to use my flame or learning to fight. Di came into my life when I was pretty young, too, being able to control my flame and all since I AM a prodigy. Or so I'm told. /shrugs again/. My flame was apparent by the age of six or so. Anyway, if I wasn't training, I was doing piano, or I was playing soccer, or I was taking horse riding lessons.So I guess I'm trying to say most my life was schooling, training, extracirriculars I didn't make many friends... My mother wanted me to play with children who were not from the Segal family, but I was so used to my father owning everyone that I interacted with that I was very bad at making friends. As a child, I was possessive and mean towards others. As I grew, I only really wanted to play with kids from the Segal family. They weren't complicated. They didn't fight with me.

Except Iskander.

Did I mention him? I hate him. That's pretty simple, right? He's a s**t. A weird little s**t. He's good, definitely, but the fact that everyone is either afraid of him or in awe of him? Nope. Granted, picking fights with him meant I received great training... Ugh. I would rather talk about my mother's death. But I have to mention Iskander to talk about myself. See, though I did not play with many "normal" children, I was allowed a few playmates from within the family, if their parents were brave enough to let them play with me. After all, upsetting the boss's kid could mean bad news. One little boy born around the same time I was, was Iskander Lestrange, or whatever his name is. My mother and his would set up play dates, even when we were babies. This went on until we were five, and Iskander's flame came to alive. Even as toddlers, I was aggressive and Iskander didn't put up with my s**t. So we'd play fight, too. When we hit five, I guess things really changed. I don't remember much of it, but I do know that was when Iskander's sky flame became known to the family... in the process of burning me horribly. The scar then was very large, but as I've grown it fortunately only covers a small portion of my upper back and shoulder. As if getting burned wasn't bad enough, all that attention went to Iskander. A sky flame.

I wasn't shunned or ignored or anything after the fact, but Iskander was now a possible heir. I was the boss's son and we didn't even know if I had a flame yet. In a way, I should thank Iskander, because even though I don't remember much of my early childhood, I do know that after that attack, I started feeling different, physically. I feel weird and strong. A year later, at six or so, my own flame developed. Cloud. It wasn't the sky flame that my father probably would have been pleased with (Not sure I would have pleased him anyway) but it was an exulted cloud fflame. The minute my flame emerged, I was trained hard and often. Sometimes I sparred with Iskander. We played a game of cat-and-mouse victor. He'd win, then I'd work hard to beat his winning trick. I'd win. Then he'd do the same. Back and forth. Until I was about ten.

I lived a pretty privileged life, but my father did not go easy on me. As a cloud user, the Segal family had big expectations for me. My mother stopped taking me to as many outside events and I was smothered with private tutors. By the time I was nine, we learned she had a rather aggressive cancer. Over the next few months I spent less time with her due to her illness and more time with paid nannies or family members or guards or whatever you want to call them. Over the next year and a half, my mother was in and out of hospitals. I really delved into my extracurriculars because nothing else made me feel better. By the time I was ten, she was dead. My father never talks about it. He remarried. I am close to neither him nor my step mother.

❛Out of curiosity, were you a rebel during your pre-teen and early teenage years? //sighswithadreamygaze

/grins/ Not at all. A few weeks after my mother died, my father remarried. I knew my step mother wouldn't replace my mother, but I thought maybe she'd at least be similar. She wasn't. She wasn't wicked, but she was like my dad, just busy and not involved with me. Or maybe awkward. I don't know. So I tried, very, very hard, to be the perfect son. Where I had been doing extracirriculars mostly for fun (I did still hope to impress my parents one day), I now tried to do everything to my fullest. I became even less socially inclined so I could study all the time, practice all the time, sparring with Family often. And still with Iskander. However, the death of my mother had left me feeling deflated. Not soon after she died, I was rushed into duels with demons. I was competent at it, but I never collected names. I normally killed them all. This displeased my father. I was more concerned with Iskander, who somehow had pulled ahead of me fighting wise. As I neared 12 or so, he started winning more and more of our fights. By 15, he normally always won. It bothered me. A lot. This applied to my fighting too and my flames. I become somewhat intimidating I was told. When I went into a fight, a switch would kick on. Everything I buried or pushed away or told myself I couldn't change? It vomited back up into my mind. I was cold and decisive. A few times, people had to intervene to keep me from ... well.. doing any permanent damage, let's just say. I think I took all that aggression I felt toward Iskander, my dead mother, my living father, and just channeled it at people who weren't as strong as me.

That went on for years. I mostly took care of myself, despite the nannies and "family" members. When I turned sixteen things were pretty much the same, but I have discovered I feel incredibly... empty. I have nothing to call my own, even though I know I'm capable of numerous things. They all seem meaningless. I enjoy them, sure, but... they aren't a part of me...

Have you ever read T.S Eliot? The Hollow Men? Most people do, for school, right? That's how I feel. That's how I've felt my whole life. I am just a hollow man, or boy.

Perhaps my father sensed that, or maybe I became too uncontrollable in fights. I was accepted (I don't know. I never saw a letter?) into Vires. I think it was just expected, honestly. Why wouldn't it be? I went without a fight. I was also sent with a boy named Thierry. And of course Iskander is here, too. I think I have a goal now, though. I don't want to join my father's family. I don't want to be part of the Segal organization. I doubt Iskander would take me anyway. I want to make my own family. I want something that is my own entirely.

❛Have you ever had anything else, you know, life-shattering happen in your life?

My mother's death was probably the most life-shattering thing... thank you for asking.

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《and glide through life without a meaning

❛............... //wondersifsheshouldaskmorequestionsaboutthepast

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ I'm sorry. My past is rather dry. /smile softly/

❛So as a future potential friend or lover, what kind of things do you like in general? What kind of hobbies do
                                                  you enjoy doing?

I like a lot of things <3

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ arthropodology, but particularly insects and spiders
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ rainy days
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ small, tight spaces
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ being up high
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ sports
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ stringed instruments
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ crowds
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ charcoal and graphite
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ pigs
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ compliments
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ affection and physical contact (like hugs)
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ trying new things
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ puzzles and brain teasers

❛How about dislikes and pet peeves?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ people who mess with animals or bugs in nature
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ loud and sudden noises
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ lots of attention
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ roller-coasters
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ sore losers
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ bitter foods (like coffee. He will drink it, but only if it is sweetened and more of a dessert)
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ wearing shoes
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ cooking
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ drugs and alcohol
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ Segal family

❛I hope to be the wife of some famous exorcist clan! What are your aspirations and dreams for the future?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ To stop wanting to please his father so much.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ To make friends
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ To either make his own "family", or make a name without joining a family

❛Now although I would love to have a man... or woman... who is simply perfect, everyone has a weakness of
                                                  some kind. What are your fears? Oh! Some blackmail material couldn't hurt? Any secrets you care to share?
                                                  I promise I won't tell a soul~

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ fear: amputations, as in losing a limb or appendage himself
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ fear: things that go fast/feeling out of control
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ secret : Paolo may not be aware of it himself, but he is sort of on the look out for family (in specific, brother like) figures.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ secret: Paolo /really/ likes his freckles and is weirdly a little vain about them.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ secret: Paolo suffers from extreme motion sickness. Rocking on a swing can make him light headed and nauseated. After a big fight, he sometimes has to lie down to get over the dizziness.
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ secret: Paolo has been writing letters expressing his feelings towards a certain boy at the school. Most of them are at home, but sometimes he writes them on campus. He has no intention of the boy ever finding them and reading them.

❛What about some clubs that you have joined or groups that you are a member of?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ entomology : president...and only member
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ fencing: captain/president
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ boxing: vice president
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ sewing : member
                                                  tab tab █ ⋮ ★ culinary: member

❛Quick! Before I end this interview, any last minute words?

tab tab █ ⋮ ★ No, ma'am.

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《on trails torn up between clouds and turf

✽ FLAME/WEAPON
                                                • ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉

Paolo has cloud flames. He has been learning for a long time how to use his flames, ever since he was a child and first discovered them. His fighting abilities blend his flame, his familiar, and his weapon beautifully. He feels that a real fighter is able to incorporate any element of the battlefield, not just what they bring with them. He uses his powers mostly offensively, and to the point. He isn't one to monologue with the bad (or good) guys.

Paolo is trained to fight in a brawling and martial arts style, mostly to disarm and protect himself, however. It would be silly for him not to know how to defend himself should his weapon of choice be taken or not available. His weapon is a tetsubo. It is a thick and powerful club, nearly half his height. It is a two handed weapon specific for bashing and thrashing. Despite its lack of precision, Paolo uses it gracefully and tactfully. He uses it to stabilize and balance himself, to give him leverage, and of course to pound the s**t out of things, in a less eloquently stated way. The tetsubo, or as he refers to it at times "Ictus Morte", also is lined on each side with large sharpened spikes. These spikes inflict open wounds and give him a slashing aspect to his otherwise bash worthy weapon. They also offer him the ability to grab and drag, raking his opponents in certain cases.

✽ ANIMAL FAMILIAR
                                                • ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉

Her name is di Morta, but Paolo just calls her Di, or sometimes SIgnora Di. She is about cat sized, mostly brown with some variegation of yellow and black on her shell, and her belly is white and lined with soft hairs, as well as parts of her back shell. Her wings are a violet sheen, but she does not fly often. She's incredibly sturdy and tough and also often very slow...unless food is involved. She is a complete glutton. Her favorite non-flesh thing to eat is shoes. She can also consume and absorb cloud and storm flames, but she likes "tasting" others. Attempted digestion of these other flames makes her ill, sluggish, or agitated. That doesn't mean she doesn't attempt it...

Di is slow, both physically and apparently mentally. She takes her time and is always curious about something, but seems to not understand or care about organic creatures, unless she can eat them. She is "lovey" with Paolo. She often gets away from Paolo and will climb into secluded parts of the building and "take a little nibble".

✽ MAIN ABILITY

DEATH ROW/ICTUS MORTE:
                                                  Using Tetsubo and coating it with flame ability attracts Di's swarm. This makes his weapon stronger when he is at peak condition, while also inflicting a small infestation of Di's larvae in any open wounds. If eating on a flame-based demon/fighter of cloud or storm type, the larvae can add that strength back to Ictus Morte (i.e. the Tetsubo), increasing or keeping its newly added strength from diminishing. In other words, this move allows Paolo to keep going longer than he would normally be able to, while also harming and drawing strength away from the victim. His propagation ability allows him to inflict Ictus Morte & the larvae swarm on a number of targets, but after a certain amount (normally five, depending on their strength, less if they are strong opponents), previous larvae swarm disappear entirely from previous victims. They also only last a small amount of time, no longer than a minute in the best case, but they are ravenous and can do a great deal of hindering.

INFESTATION:
                                                  With the use of his flame in combination of Di, Paolo can do a number of things that assault demons. Activating his Cloud flame, Di will somehow absorb excess flame. The flame causes her to do two things: She creates a number of small, dermestid beetle larva inside of her. She then regurgitates them, either away or on the demon. The stronger the flame she has absorbed, the larger and more active the larval spawn. The spawn follow Di's lead. They cover surfaces and devour. They can cover, slow, and completely engulf (if given the time) demons. Obviously the larger or the stronger the demon, the more surface area the spawn swarm has to cover. When the body is digested, or parts of it digested, the larvae return to Di and Di eats them. This gives her & Paolo power, while also immobilizing or handicapping o even killing the demon.

Di can use this ability in another way. If she (in larger demons) or one of her larvae get inside a demon, they can propagate inside of it, eating it from the inside out. This takes time, but it causes great pain and the demon will have to either amputate its own limb (or if it is inside try to claw them out). If she is able to get inside of a creature, the destruction is much more devastating and happens much quicker.

✽ SUB-ABILITIES

SHARE THE WEALTH
                                                  He does not use it often, because he is not very good at team playing, but Paolo can also use his propogation ability to strengthen team members' weapons, to strengthen the durability and strength of Di, and to strengthen the defense of armor based abilities of teammates. This ability is generic, but useful. Paolo cannot use it on more than two other teammates at a time.

GLUTTON:
                                                  Di might not be able to absorb many types of flames, but she has a taste for all of them. She can sniff out and sense the activation and use of flames. This is helpful for demon hunting. Unfortunately, sometimes Di in her haste will attack before she is "allowed", particularly when on the trail of a cloud or a storm flame. Also, if she does not consume flames, it will cause a hunger in her and she may begin eating items within the vicinity. This can range anywhere from animals to plants to trash to clothing. I

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《i've wished for you for what it's worth

✽ TALENTS

I'm talented in quite a few things, but really, with my family, being talented isn't really talented at all. It's expected.

Music:
                                                  I play a number of instruments, though these are the ones that I have "mastered" (as in I play them to the best of my ability at this point). There is still plenty for me to learn:
                                                  piano (doesn't everyone learn it?), harp, cello, drums, harmonica, guitar, flute, shamisen, dulcimer (This is more of a joke. My mother had one. But they sound pretty.), singing (It is unlikely I will ever sing in front of people.)
                                                  Looking to learn next: Concertina or accordion

Sports:
                                                  Though my body is not ripped, I am by no means unhealthy. I'm very fit and the lean muscle of my body is all I need to play fast and accurately at sports.
                                                  lacrosse, tennis, European football, volleyball, gymnastics, basketball, bocce ball, barrel racing, running and hurdles
                                                  Looking to learn next: Fencing

Other: I draw and paint some, but I have only learned to use charcoals, graphite (as in art pencils), acrylics, and water color. Water color is my favorite and I often doodle and paint the wings and forms of insects and plants that I find. I've used gauche some, but I don't care for it. I hope to learn oils eventually. Maybe I can find someone to teach me.

Languages: Italian (first language), French (second language), and English (not fully sufficient in it, but getting there)
                                                  Currently learning: some English still, starting fresh on Spanish (It's similar to Italian, so that should make it go somewhat quicker, yes?)

Learning a new skill: I've never sewn, so I am hoping to do that. I joined the textile's club at school. I think it will be a nice relaxing break from sports and it will be a practical skill to learn.

✽ OTHER

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User Image
                                                • User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《and from here the past looks cold

▀ ▄ █ ▌I S K A N D E R▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ What do I say about him? I hate him. He's the kind of person that sees no flaws in himself, doesn't put out the effort to better himself, but then he finds fault in others for not wanting to put up with his s**t. He's an elitist brat. Yeah, I am too? I'm fine with that. I'll accept it without pride, but him? He doesn't know the meaning of thinking outside himself. We used to play together, we used to be equals of a sort, but he doesn't think of me at all. And as much as I hate him, I think I hate myself for missing him sometimes.

My other frustration is that my fighting with him always drags in Thierry. I don't feel like I can tell Thierry to mind his own business about it. ( because he is a stubborn mule and whatifhegotmadatme?) So I just blame Iskander for being a taunting p***k.
                                                      D I She doesn't care for him. She is somewhat afraid of him, I think, not because he is strong, but because I pushed her too hard when we would fight. So she avoids him.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS ghosts ::: A sickness comes with a haunted feeling. There will be no pleasure from this kind of source.

▀ ▄ █ ▌M A K O T O▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ He's in boxing. I'm okay with him. He's kind of... weird. Just an odd guy. Not the way Jun is odd. I did not realize he was an heir until the end of last year. Anyway, he and Este seem to get along, so I figure he's fine, though I still don't trust any of the heirs. Ah, he is attractive, though, isn't he??? Boxingclubmightbemyfavorite
                                                      D I I really only see Makoto at boxing and Di is.. not allowed at boxing.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS no tasting yet ::: clack, clack -curious- Is it tasty?

▀ ▄ █ ▌B A R U C H▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ ...I don't like him. I prefer Iskander to him, actually. He's fine, I guess.
                                                      D I Nope.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS dried up felt pen ::: maybe at one time it was good, but now it is just a dried up bit of fiberous noms.... Meh, who am I kidding. I'll still eat it if there's nothing better around.

▀ ▄ █ ▌T H I E R R Y▐ ► GOLDEN YOUTH///ON WINGS
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ I didn't trust him at first. He's someone my father owns. He's just doing this because he was told to. Now I can't imagine not having him. I'm more than cognizant of the fact that I have some weird budding feelings for him, and that's okay. I think I hide it from him well. And maybe it isn't anything at all. Maybe I just THINK I love him romantically. I do care for him, though, but it might just be as friends... But do I love him because he is always available to me or because I love whatever makes him Thierry? I'm making it my goal this year to learn more about him. Even if it annoys him. <3 In the process, I hope we find something to enjoy together, something that unites us that isn't our vastly different backgrounds with my father's family.
                                                      D I She likes him. She'd like it if he gave her piggy back rides, but Thierry doesn't like her crawling on him. Still, he's gentle with her, and she doesn't try to eat his storm flame.. or his coyote. Not that she could catch him.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS old leathery sole ::: tough & organic, sweaty, could sink your teeth into for a biting fetish, but not much flavor, bland... until you get to the inside! Where all the juices have saturated and mmmmmmm. Just like with his real shoes, Paolo won't let me eat on Thierry.

▀ ▄ █ ▌E S T E▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ He's a good athlete. He's ... well. Di kind of scared him last year and he isn't much of a talker. He makes me feel all nervous. I think I could offend him easily. Buh /// but I'm boxing vice captain this year so m-maybe we'd be friends. I'd like that. ////
                                                      D I She likes him a lot. Weirdly. Maybe too much. I... I should probably keep her away from him.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS hard boiled egg on a steak ::: crunchy, crunchy shell with a meaty meaty center. Or you could cook the egg different and it would be runny. Mmm. Nom nom nom. Mouth watering. He even cooks himself in hot water sometimes. Or maybe a steak. Tough outside, pink inside, flavor, flavor flavorflavorflavor! Mm. -clacks pincers excitedy-

▀ ▄ █ ▌STORM USER▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ I haven't met him yet.
                                                      D I She hasn't met him yet.

▀ ▄ █ ▌G I O V A N N I▐ ►
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?

▀ ▄ █ ▌L U C A S▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ He is very sweet. When I joined fencing, I was very nervous. Not about my skill, but about meeting new people. Thanks to his calm, we were able to connect despite my shyness. By the end of first year, I consider him to be a friend. It's so nice to say. I have a friend <3 We don't hang out much, aside from classes and fencing, so I am joining his cooking club this year. I don't much like to cook, but I'm sure I'll blow it out of the water, just like everything else. Then I'll have Thierry try what I make! I think Thierry and Lucas spend time together, and that makes me happy, too.
                                                      D I She is calm around him. Though she can't convert rain flame, I think she might sneak a little bit of his. It always puts her to sleep. /sigh/ But at least I know where she is and can keep track of her while Luke & I hang out...
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS sunrays through sunflower petals ::: the taste is light & a little clean, but certainly there. Could take a nap. Doze for hours. Zzzzz So peaceful.

▀ ▄ █ ▌H A K U S E K I▐ ►
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?

▀ ▄ █ ▌I T S U K I▐ ►
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?

▀ ▄ █ ▌G R E G O R Y▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★

▀ ▄ █ ▌E M Y R▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ Emyr is very talented. He is in my fencing vice captain, which is wonderful. I know he's a little goofy, but he's also refreshing, and I feel calmer with him by my side during practice. I was so nervous to do fencing, and his care-free, happy attitude really helps lighten the tension. On top of that, he has an amazing voice. //// I would actually like to sing and play instruments with him, but how embarrassing to try to play with a pro! I hope we become better friends.
                                                      Di and Emyr remind me of one another: content, happy to explore, and a little on their own planet all the time.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS aged sheet music ::: the taste is simple and pleasant, but leaves one feeling a little bloated. Better as a delicacy.

▀ ▄ █ ▌ S H O U▐ ►
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                      She hasn't met him yet.

▀ ▄ █ ▌A D R I A N O▐ ► IN PROCESS
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ I'm not sure we would get along, but he has something I want. For a while, I've dreamed of ditching the current families and making my own. Unfortunately, you need a sky flame for that. I hear he has lost the right to use his thanks to the current heir of his family. Maybe I can convince him to join me and we can make our own. If nothing else, his dislike for the current heir of his family, and my dislike for my entire family, might make us good allies. OF course, we're both cloud flame users... we might butt heads. That and he obviously is weaker than the current heir, but... two against one could even that out.

▀ ▄ █ ▌ C A E U S▐ ►
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                      She hasn't met him yet.

▀ ▄ █ ▌K A I L I▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ We don't exactly get along. I find him a little patronizing, but I wouldn't say he is bad either. Some people just don't click.
                                                      D I I don't think she's interacted with him?

▀ ▄ █ ▌E L I J A H▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ I don't know him very well, but I do know that he is a big deal, and I have my eye on him. I don't think he understands the reason why though. Who cares about that book? No, don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'd be infinitely useful. I'm more impressed with Elijah himself. I've heard about his grandmother. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have handed that book down to anyone. The owner interests me more than the artifact. I'll be patient, just ask him to give me a chance, and maybe after some time, Elijah can help me see out my own dreams.
                                                      D I I don't think she's had a direct dealing with him yet.

▀ ▄ █ ▌J U N▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ Isn't he a weird guy? /laughs/ I mean that in the best way possible. I'm kind of nervous around him. I'm not sure what he's going to do next. But I love his magic tricks. Obviously it's all sleight of hand and illusions, but I love watching them to figure it out and he humors me. I don't think I'd trust him to have my back in a fight though.
                                                      D I She isn't really interested in him one way or another, really. She's always been kind of indifferent to mist flames, for some reason... Maybe they always give an illusion of being tasty and just disappoint. Pft.
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS incense sachet ::: promises savor through the sense of scent, but a mouthful of nothing, no substance, leaves you desiring with an empty, taunted belly.

▀ ▄ █ ▌Y U E▐ ►
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★
                                                      ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ He's a cute kid. I haven't met someone as spacey as him in... well, probably ever, actually. I'm glad he joined fencing. I feel more comfortable in sewing with him there, too. He's sort of like a little brother, though I think I might get more comfort from his presence than he gets from mine. Pft.
                                                      D I She doesn't seem to notice him. He's always got his head in the clouds and she doesn't have a taste for mist flames...
                                                      TASTE SYNOPSIS evaporated dew ::: if there was a taste, it'd probably be very refreshing and clean, but as it is, the boy doesn't have much! I won't waste my time.

▀ ▄ █ ▌E L Y S▐ ►
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?
                                                  tab ? ? ?

User Image
                                                • xxxxxxxx ★《and the future seems a promising one
                                                  User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

- friendship tab - attraction tab - romance tab - opinion
                                                  » THE RELATIONSHIP CHART ━ ❜
                                                  oh no!
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ (nothing in this world will ever validate your worthless existence)
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★ ( stay away! )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( you're a bit... annoying )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( I'm sure we can be civil )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★ ( I like hanging out. Let's do it again. )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( It's always fun with you <3 )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( I hope we are always friends. I'd miss you! <3 )

tab ★★★ | ★★★ (-throws up a little in his mouth-)
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★ ( Oh, Lord, no. )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( Hm? Never took the time to notice. )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( attractive, but not interested. )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★ ( Why, hello... )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ (If I weren't an atrocious flirt, I'd be saying things... )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( OhmyGodtouchme. )

tab ★★★ | ★★★ (I hate you far too much.)
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★ ( Who would feel anything for you? )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( No thanks. )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( There isn't a flame one way or the other. /Neutral )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★ ( I get a little heart hiccup when you go by. )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( It's actually more like a strong pitter patter. Goodness.)
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( ///////////// My heart is pounding in my ears. I love you so much.)

tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( I trust you... to do the worst thing possible )
                                                  tab ★★ | ★★★ ( avoid me if you don't want trouble )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( we just don't click)
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( you're okay/no opinion )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★ ( I can appreciate your opinion and views )
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( you make me think about things and I value that)
                                                  tab ★★★ | ★★★ ( don't worry. I will always have your back. )

ᴘ ᴀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ Paolo's opinion of certain person
                                                      D I Di's opinion of certain person

Doctor Ballin's Husband

Spoopy Duck

User Image

extra info:

New Family Mash Up: the desirables
Sky Flame: Adriano
Storm: Thierry
Rain: ??? - would like Lucas, but not expecting that
Sun: ??? - perhaps Gregory
Cloud: Paolo
Mist: ???
Lightning: Elijah