Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Prophet

Liberal Prophet

Intro Post
                  User Image

And here comes the nerves
      While I'm trying to bask
      In your sundrenched world

The pads of my paws beat against the dirt and rocks, pushing off the ground as I tried to fling my way though the air to make me fly away. I had to get away. I needed to get as far as possible from the loud booming noise, which I was sure was hunters who were fresh on my trail, I knew that I had to get away from them. When I had heard them talking to each other earlier, making excuses to be out there like 'scaring off the wolves' he knew that that wasn't really what they were doing. They were aiming at them.

They were trying to hit the wolves on purpose. They were trying to kill me and my pack, all because of that stupid human that came out into the woods a week or two earlier. It wasn't our fault he was throwing rocks and sticks at us. We had to defend ourselves somehow, and he was seriously trying to hurt us. Plus, it wasn't like his life was going to end for good. After all he he was just going to turn into a werewolf just like us, it would just take some time. Mostly some time to get used to like each one of us had to.

As my wolf body flew through the air, I watched as pictures raced through my mind. It was hard to describe how wolves thought, because it was different than humans. It wasn't with words or with clear thoughts, it was more like our memories was one big clear picture book. It was even how we communicated. We sent pictures to each other over short distances, which was how we knew that boy was in our woods. Like now, my mind was racing. Sending and receiving pictures of fellow wolves in panic along with hunters chasing after them. Even one wolf was shot, over and over, and that was all I saw. It scared me enough to separate from the pack, because I knew that that might be me next if I didn't.

So, instead of running to where they were, I ran to the one place I knew where I could be safe. Oliver's house. It didn't matter if he was home, I just knew that if I stuck around his house, then the hunters wouldn't go around there. It was better than playing cat and mouse with them, playing with my life like it was a game. So, as quick as I could I ran until I heard an earth shattering boom that caught my breath.

At first it was so close it hurt my ears, and I thought that because of the sound it spread pain through my collar and chest. But, it wasn't. All I knew that whatever it was, whatever that made this sudden pain, I had to run from it, and I had to get to Oliver, because I knew that he'd take care of me if he was home. I kept my feet running, even though my body was in shock and I knew I was losing a lot of blood. I knew if I stopped now, then there was no way I'd make it to his house, and I'd most likely die.

But, as I was rounding the edge of the wood and the beginning of his lawn, everything started going hazy. I passed her childhood tire swing and crawled on to his porch as I started to feel my body start to change. I started to shake and feel sick, my stomach churning and my body shivering as I curled myself up as tightly as I could. As my bones ripped and morphed, I felt the pain move with it. Now, laying naked and bleeding on the porch, all I could do was wait for Oliver, my once bloodied angel hopefully turned savior.

My heart is blistering
            Writing this song
            Tell me I'm not wrong

oooBAMFED

Liberal Prophet

Intro Post
                  User Image

I never need your sympathy
      'Cause I got my own money
      And there ain't nothing you can do to me
      'Cause I've eaten off the floor before

It was never easy to be new in a new place, especially in a place like Santa Monica, California. But when you were Zac Guthrie, it seemed that friends came easily. Hell, the boy had been stricken with luck ever since he had gotten there. First he had moved in with his cousin with the intent of only staying a few weeks as he worked at his shop until he went out drinking and met a girl who'd said she was in need of a roommate in her apartment that was pretty close to the strip where he worked.

Since Zac needed somewhere to go, he decided he might as well check it out. So, he did that. He went back with that girl and her friends that night to party a little more after the bar had closed and checked out her apartment and agreed to move in with her. So, thats what he'd been doing for the past week. He'd been going back and forth between his cousin Justin's house to his new apartment to his place of business.

Now he was sitting in one of the leather chairs, feet up on one of the desks as he watched his cousin tattoo some girl's pelvic bone from across the room. With a small smirk on his face, he let out a content sigh. Today, he didn't have any clients. Instead, he had to go and become 'friends' with other businesses and pass out his fliers. Picking his feet up off of the counter top that it was on, he got up from his chair in one swift motion and stood.

"Justin, I'm gonna go whore us out. Be back later," he looked over at his cousin who looked seriously concentrated on his work and watched as he just barely nodded for him to go. Smirking, he walked to the front desk where a thin black haired girl with fresh clothes, clad in tattoos and piercings. "Samantha, can I get some of those fliers? I'm gonna go foot trafficking," he asked, standing there, tapping his foot on the linoleum floor. "Oh yea, sure," she said, distracted by her laptop as she handed him black fliers covered in pictures.

Turning towards the door, he left the tattoo shop and headed down the street and started going into different places; anywhere from hair salons to liquor stores. Finally, when Zac was out of places to go, he decided to go back to the shop, until he had spotted a different shop nearly two stores away. Why hadn't he noticed this before? Smirking, he decided to go into it. I mean, wouldn't it be funny if he just dropped off some fliers? Walking into the shop he looked around, going to the wall to look at the artwork.

"Can I help you with something?" someone had said behind the receptionist's desk.

"Yeah, uh, bathroom?" he asked with a genuine smile, trying to be as coy as possible. Damn, this'd be awesome if he pulled it off. The girl pointed and he went to where she had, going inside and looked around. Smirking, he had set the fliers on the top of the toilet and then on the counter and then washed his hands and walked out, going back into the main lobby to look at more artwork. Still with a smirk on his face, Zac left the shop and went to his own, going in somewhat giddy.

"Whats your problem?" his cousin asked, still working on the same girl but now further along on her tattoo.

Now, grinning, he couldn't hep but to laugh. "Ah, you'll see. Its pretty ******** hilarious if you ask me," he said, going back to his original seat. The stupid things you do when your stuck working at a tattoo shop.

And I'll let you watch me fall down
            'Cause I got no shame in that
            He's just a face in the crowd,
            so watch out

le fornications

Liberal Prophet

intro post
                    User Image

You should have known
      The price of evil,
      And it hurts to know that you belong here, yeah
      Ooooh, it's your ********' nightmare
      While your nightmare comes to life

Sitting in the main living room, everyone was getting along. But, this was strange for two occasions. First, because we don't normally all sit in the living room all at once, unless miss Vicky has called us for a family meeting. The second weird thing was that we were all getting along. Not even Oliver or Reese were picking on anyone or fighting with each other for that matter. They were actually.. laughing with each other. Sitting near the arm rest, I swear I only laid my head down for a second and my eyes weren't even closed for that.. but then all of the sudden everyone was getting up to leave. Somehow, I couldn't speak, I couldn't get up. I couldn't even stop them from leaving me alone. After all, they knew about how much I hated being alone, how much I couldn't be alone.

I was sure that miss Vicky made it clear, or she had at least hinted to it at least a few times because there were a few times that some of the nicer house mates would follow me around when normally I'd be the one doing the following. But everyone left.. went up to their rooms and with one swift click the doors were locked. I looked up in desperate attempts at the bedrooms, and I knew the doors were locked. Then, all of the sudden something caught my eye. Something was watching from the doorway, a dark, ominous figure. It started moving closer towards me, starting at one end of the couch, then it slowly crawled towards me. Grabbing at my wrist, it turned it over and pinned it with great force then sat up, sat above me and grabbed my throat, holding me down tight enough where I wouldn't be able to get away-

I jolted awake but I made sure not to sit up too sharply. If I did I'd end up hitting my head on the ceiling, because that was one of the perks of sleeping on the top bunk. I let out a deep breath, trying to let my heart slow down. I mean, I shouldn't have bad dreams, I was sixteen dammit! I ran my hands over my chest and let them fall into my lap until I felt something weird. "Oh s**t!" My pajama bottoms and a little bit of the bottom of my shirt were soaked. To be honest, I wasn't really sure what I was more worried about; The guys finding out or how far that all of the pee had spread and how I'd clean it up without them noticing. After all, laundry day had already came and passed and all of the bedding had already went through.

I looked over at my roommate Abel's bed to see him passed out, and praise the Lord he was. Maybe getting all of my stuff down to the laundry room wouldn't be too hard. Leaning over the edge of my bed I looked down at the bottom bunk and was more terrified than actually seeing Reese sleeping there. Instead, my 'accident' had made its way through my thin mattress and on to his bed. Now I knew I was going to die, and he was going to kill me. That, or the embarrassment. I grabbed the top of my mattress and brought it down to the bottom as I went to climb down the end of it.

My plan was to make a mad dash to the bathroom. At least, thats what I was planning for. I went to my closet and gathered a pair of jeans, boxers, and a plaid shirt and I went to the door and peeked out and looked around until I heard someone coming up the stairs. Quickly, I hid behind the door as I watched Reese walk in and I quickly snuck out of the door and dashed my way to the bathroom as quickly as I could. If I had any luck at all, it would be open and I would be free.

And I know you hear their voices
            calling from above,
            And I know they may seem real
            these signals of love,
            But a life's made up of choices
            some without appeal,
            They took for granted your soul
            And it's ours now to steal

Group Roleplay

Liberal Prophet

intropost
                    User Image

I sing, I write my own tune and I write my own verse, hell
      Don't need another wordsmith to make my tune sell
      Call yourself a singer-writer, you're just bluffing
      Name's on the credits and you didn't write nothing

You could call it a curse, but Tyler couldn't help but to wake up with the sun. Some could say its because of who his father is, you know, the whole taking over Helios' job on the sun could play a role in it. Getting up out of bed, Tyler threw the covers back on to his bunk. First and foremost, he was going to get himself ready. Pulling on a bro tank over his torso, he pulled down the shirt and then changed his boxers, along with putting a pair of navy shorts with a cuff on. Flicking his old pair of boxers in to a hamper, he put on his flip flops and decided that he'd need to go wake up his brothers so they can get on with their trip. "Ty, lets get going!"

Tyler couldn't complain, his siblings were the best. Probably the most talented and fun, if he was the judge. On this particular morning, him and his brothers had decided to wake up early and sneak on over to the amphitheater to sing and play their lyres. Even though the amphitheater was usually used for the nightly campfires or special occasions, Apollo's boys didn't mind sneaking in to play their lyres and sing some tunes. Plus, what was the worst that would happen? They'd get kicked out and told not to practice their powers? That was somewhat likely, but more realistically they'd just be told to ask to use the facilities instead of breaking in. After all, everyone knew that these kids were singers. It was obvious; their dad was Apollo! "Shoot, is everyone already awake? Lets get going before any of the other cabins wake up,"

Leading the group, Tyler playfully ran and skipped with his brothers, carefully holding his lyre in one hand, making sure not to bump it against his legs or against anything else. "Come on you guys! Hurry up!" urged quietly, motioning with his other hand for them to follow along. A mischievous grin spread wide across his face, Tyler led the group past the canoe lake, sure to keep on the look out for any of the campers canoeing this early in the morning. Who would anyways? The sun was just rising and this was their first day off from a long week of training and fighting. Today was the day they all usually slept in.

With his brothers laughing and jeering behind him, Tyler and the group shuffled through the trees and then over a small wall. With that, all five of them were in the amphitheater, racing down to the front of the stadium. It was a tradition they had done with each other, whoever got down first got to choose the song and lead the group for the session, and Tyler usually won. And like always, Tyler had reached the bottom first. There was a lot of 'awes' and grunts once they got there, because of course each boy wanted to win because he thought he was the best.

Getting settled on the ground, Tyler placed the lyre in his lap and his brothers circled around him. You could just imagine the sound of their playing and voices, nothing less than divine. Each boy with a different melody, humming, singing, or strumming and when it came together it all sounded like something they had practiced or wrote before. But, they hadn't, and it was something new. It was something like a peaceful melody, something soft like a song you'd play at the end of the night after the fire had died down. A song that was soft enough to be a love song, but slow and sad enough to be an emotional song. You could imagine that the song had lasted a while, because they had stayed there until the sun was up higher in the sky, probably closer to noon than anything.

Then, out of nowhere, Will came bounding down the steps of the amphitheater and down to the group where they slowly stopped playing music. Out of breath, he bent down, hands on his knees, huffing a bit as he said "Tyler.. Chiron wants.. ugh., Chiron wants you to go to.. the big house. He said its important. " he said, getting back to his normal breathing rate. "And the rest of you guys.. get out of the amphitheater. You guys know that you shouldn't be in here," he lightly scolded, all of the boys 'aweing' and 'booing'. Never the less, they all got up and begrudgingly walked out.

"Hey, Will, are you going back to the cabin?' Tyler asked, stepping behind the group for a minute. "Yeah, why? "Would you mind taking my lyre back?" he said, handing his precious instrument over. He didn't trust any of the other boys to do it, after all, it was his baby. But he knew that he could trust Will with it, since Will's was nicer than his own. "Yeah" he said, nodding and taking it from him.

After handing it over, Tyler sprinted to the big house, which was some what of a distance, but nothing too crazy like running from the strawberry fields to the climbing wall. Once he got there, he noticed Chiron sitting on the porch in his wheel chair. Well, if he was willing to talk outside it couldn't have been that serious, right? Hustling up the stairs, Tyler half waved to him and presented himself. "Morning Chiron, I heard that you needed to talk to me?" he asked, wary of what he'd say. Tyler didn't think he had gotten into trouble lately, or at least, he didn't think that he had gotten caught doing anything bad. "Yes, but first we must wait for your partner. I rather talk to both of you at once, killing two birds with one stone, you know. Just so I don't have to repeat myself." he laughed.

Tyler couldn't help but wonder that he meant by partner. After waiting a few minutes, in the distance Tyler could see a girl walking towards the house. He quickly figured that whoever she was that she'd have to do with what Chiron was saying, because people didn't usually just come to the big house to hang out. Once she had came into focus, he had saw that it was Nicole, the self proclaimed Ares kid. I guess with the temper she had it seemed to ring true, but those eyes.. "Alright you two, lets go into the house to talk." Chiron said, wheeling his way through the front door, Tyler following behind, and Nicole after. Shoot, if they were going inside, it had to be something important. It wasn't like Chiron to just let serious talks let loose on the front porch, he was much more tactful than that.

"So, you are probably wondering why you two are here. Well, as you know, there has been some havoc in Wyoming lately, more specifically, We were made aware that Perseus has been threatening to open up pandoras box. I'd expect that you'd know what the box contains, at least an idea, of the unfathomable misfortunes that it holds. I need you two to work together as a team like we have taught you, to stop him before he opens the box, and we need you to bring the box back here so we can properly contain its belongings. Nicole, we chose you because you are one of the best fighters, and Tyler, we chose you because you are one of the best healers, along with the most strategic. I know that if you both put your pride and selfishness behind you, you could work as a pair. Now, You leave at midnight tonight, but I want you to spend the day getting to know each other, and we strongly urge you to speak about this to no one. Not your half brothers or sisters, not your best friends, not your camp counselors. We will tell them once you have left."

Taken back, Tyler was shocked. I mean, he knew he was good, damn good, but he was shocked that he had picked the both of them to work together. I mean, he wasn't the type to throw the word hate around, but he knew that he didn't like Nicole because of her hot temper. It wasn't some one that he could exactly joke around with, and she didn't seem like the type to laugh and have fun. Instead, she seemed like she rather be pissed off and mad at someone, and if he had to be the only one around her for this trip, well, gods have mercy on him.

clothes c:

'Cos you need me, man, I don't need you
            You need me, man, I don't need you
            You need me, man, I don't need you at all

no--jimmyprotested

Liberal Prophet

term of endearment
                    User Image

Oh, my agony
      Know that I will never marry
      Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
      But counting down the days to go

Having cancer was some serious bullshit.

I was suppose to go to college, I was suppose to play baseball and become pro. Brandon and Kyle and I had this planned; since we were the best in the state, we were all invited to big colleges to play on their teams, but I guess after you get cancer, you can't do that anymore. Say goodbye to the scholarships and hello to the pity parties. ******** cancer had to break down every plan I had for the future. It wasn't just my college career that was ********, but my whole life, if I lasted that long. Forget dreaming of a future with a beautiful wife that'd be having my kids. Oooooh no. What girl in her right mind would want to have children with someone who could possibly pass along cancer to their future spawns. I couldn't blame them, though. I mean, if the girl had some weird disease that could ruin my future kids, I guess i'd feel the same, but damn, that doesn't mean I didn't know how to get it in and have a good time. Damn, even my girlfriend had some weird obsession with making sure that there was no possible way she'd have some "cancer baby". And I mean that in the most earnest way. When I told her, we stopped having sex all together, and she had said that it was because she "felt too guilty having sex outside of marriage" yeah, well, that didn't stop her before.

My girlfriend would have doubled up on her birth control and made me use three condoms if it was proven that you wouldn't under any circumstances have children. s**t, the only reason that we broke up was because she had been treating me like some charity case, telling all of her friends and family to get sympathy after I had told her in secret about my circumstances. I thought it was bad enough that I had to tell my teachers and coach in secret, but after she went and blabbed to everyone I about had enough. Now, I'm not one to just randomly blow up, but jesus. That day all I had wanted to do was fool around to get my mind off of things and she had to go about asking me if I was "strong enough" to go on. I guess she had been doing some research on the medicine I was taking, or just about cancer in general since it did tend to make you have bouts of weakness, but in that moment I just got so pissed and confronted her about telling everyone. She did, and I was done. I didn't want to see her anymore, and I sure as hell didn't want to have to be around her friends who'd ask me stupid questions like "Did they tell you how long you'll live", "Well look how well Lance Armstrong is doing" or about their annoying stories of people they knew or heard of having cancer. I honestly didn't care, every cancer is different. That's why there isn't any one cure to it.

After her, high school wasn't the same. Everyone thought I was going through some moody "im going to die" bullshit, and maybe I was, but seriously. I had been relieved from my baseball team after being one of the top three, I lost my scholarships, my future, my girlfriend, and for the most part my friends. I mean, they'd still come over and play xbox every once in a while, but we couldn't ever go and play ball like we normally did. If we tried, it wouldn't be long before I'd start spitting up blood, and who the hell wants to watch their friend spit up blood?

"Okay KaiKai, its time to go," my mother soothed me from the outside of my bedroom door, as if it'd help. There was no amount of soothing that anyone could do to make me feel better about going to sit around with a bunch of teens that were going to complain about the cards that they were dealt. Never the less, she stood in the hallway, knocking on the door softly in order to give me my privacy. Luckily, I didn't sleep in anything too embarrassing, just my boxers occasionally, but the ever looming thought of having to be rushed into the hospital in the middle of the night had kept me in a pair of pajama bottoms so I wouldn't have to hide the embarrassment of some men and my mom bursting into my room while I'm wearing nothing.

Still, I pulled myself out of the bed I laid in and instinctively made the bed, knowing that my mother would do it if I didn't, which I didn't want. What can I say, despite how much of an a*****e I seem, I'd never disrespect my mom or make extra work for her. She always complained about how I didn't let her pick up after me, but I guess my dad taught me to treat my mom better than that, even if he did end up divorcing her. At this point, I could feel my stomach churning with nausea, a common symptom of one of the pills that I had taken for this death sentence that I was being served. I sat down a minute on my bed, letting out a sigh, but I didn't wait long. I needed to get dressed, whether or not I had this bogus group to go to, I swore to myself that I'd get dressed every day despite what I felt. Can you tell that I was fighting to be a normal teen? I groaned when I got up, heading to the closet to fetch some button down shirt and a pair of jeans that he ended up rolling. Topping the outfit off with a bomber jacket, leather shoes, and a watch, I headed down the stairs as normally as I could, avoiding any sign of anything wrong, just so my mother didn't worry.

After I had ate breakfast, I headed to the garage to my car, the only one place I felt like I had sanctuary. When I had found out I had cancer, I had taken this thing out for hours, getting on the freeway and driving north until I hit the California borders and then some. You could say that I run away from my problems, but well, actually you might be right. Reluctantly I drove to the bullshit community center, the place taunting me with its swimming pool and gym that I'd never be allowed to visit. Since I had been told about my cancer, I had to stop working out and basically watch my muscle mass be eaten up and swallowed by leukemia. I let out a sigh after glancing at my wrist watch. Apparently, all this petaling around had made me late for this group, hopefully they started without me, just so I didn't have to walk into some awkward silence. I let out a huff, gripping the door knob and turning it, heading into the room. It was just sad in there; full of teens my age with some form of cancer, but you could see on their face either they were completely into this little group or they weren't. I could tell by now that the ones who wanted to be here was either the overly friendly people or the ones that would only talk about themselves. I walked in, the adult who was attending the circle greeting me, catching me off guard when she had called out my name.

"Uh, yeah, I'm Liam," I said slowly, sitting in the only empty chair. Apparently, these things were well attended, or it could be that they knew exactly how many people were coming each time. I was assuming that it was most likely because not many teens had cancer, and when they did it would be pretty easy to track down since we aren't exactly travelers.

"Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?" she asked in an expectant tone, one that sounded half condescending. It seemed like she would have been some type of elementary school teacher.

"Well, I grew up in Berkeley, I'm a junior in high school, I have a little brother who mostly lives with my dad, and my parents are divorced," I said, but then instead of following up with a conversation the whole group just looked at me. I knew that they wanted to hear about whatever ailment I had, but, you know what, I wanted to be difficult. This lady would have to pry this info out of me if she really wanted it. It wasn't like they didn't know why I was here.

"And?" she said slowly when she noticed that I wasn't adding anything else and I didn't plan to.

"And I have cancer, like everyone else here," I finally threw in, after an agonizing moment of silence. I knew that she was looking for even more than that, but I wasn't about to give it to her. I didn't want to talk about my impending death, I thought it was sick if anyone wanted to. I mean, why would you want to talk about how sick and weak you're gonna become, all before dying. She turned towards the other teens sitting around, asking them pointless sympathetic questions like "how are you coping" and "what was the best thing that happened to you this week".

After about ten minutes, the conversation was back to me. I knew what she was doing; she was trying to give me a few moments to cool down and get more comfortable, just so I could give more answers to the group. She told me that it was now my turn to ask a question, and after I filed through all of the inappropriate and rude questions that would get me kicked out, I decided on one that was just annoying enough.

"Why do you guys come to this waste of time knowing that you are gonna die soon?" I said, letting a laugh escape my mouth. I leaned back in my chair, watching everyone's blank face stares, wondering if the lady leading the circle was going to interject.

I'd ask you to be true
      'Cause the hardest part of this
      Is leaving you

Liberal Prophet

term of endearment
                    User Image

i miss the sound of your voice
      i miss the rush of your skin
      i miss the still of the silence as you breathe out and i breathe in

The college wasn't too far of a drive from where Ryan's parents had lived, and since he was living with them over the summer, his father had volunteered to drive him to his dorm and help him unpack. Though he was twenty years old and he had gone to this college for the last two years, his parents always treated him moving out like it was the first time and that he was moving out for the last time, which, with his record was unlikely. Every summer he'd move back in with his parents, awaiting the end of summer to go back to his classes. He was studying for journalism. Writing was one of the things that he did well in when he was back in high school, so he decided that he was going to do it when he grew up at well. That, or become an accountant like his father, which was what he was dreading. It wasn't that he was bad at math, though it was something that was mediocre and easy for him that made it such a miserable thing.

This time around though, Ryan had applied for a dorm room, with a roommate. The last two years he had gotten a dorm without a roommate, since he had heard it was hard to have a roommate when it was the first time moving out, but then again it was different for everyone. A lot of the times, Ryan was mostly the keep-to-yourself type of guy. Though, he was pretty good at playing the best friend type. It had been his role most of his life, being the second in command, but never in control. It was probably the reason why he wanted to stray away from the roommate, that way he wouldn't have to linger around someone that he didn't even know.

Luckily, he had gotten to meet his roommate beforehand. Briefly, though, at an open house that the college had thrown. William was his name, but he insisted on being called Wally. Though it didn't totally make sense, he did. The guy was a fast talker, and Ryan liked that about him. Though Ryan was witty, he didn't exactly speak his mind as quickly as Wally did. He was brought up to keep the witty things to himself, the words that might hurt someone's feelings, though he didn't mind speaking them to his friends or in private.

Once they had gotten to the college, the two of them had packed up all of the bags and carried them upstairs to his dorm, walking past all of the people who were doing the same as well. "Thanks a lot, dad," he said, once they had gotten into the room. Giving him a hug, his father left, and Ryan started to unpack. First, it was his bedding, and once that was done he started on the posters; most of them of the average dark DC characters with the typical young male posters of girls, though these ones were girls. Girls like Harley Quinn and Cat Woman. As I started putting up the last poster as the door opened, Wally walking in. Behind him, was a girl that looked similar, and he couldn't help but feel his face flush because of the posters he had just put up. Standing in front of them against the wall, he watched, trying to pick up the conversation that Wally had started about getting their dorm room ready.

"Uh, yeah, I just got here and started unpacking," he stuttered out.

just hold me down hard
      and drown me in love.

Liberal Prophet

User Image

i miss the sound of your voice
      i miss the rush of your skin
      i miss the still of the silence as you breathe out and i breathe in

It had only been a few months since we had met, even fewer since we had started dating and moved in together. I knew that her family had been on edge about me, and I knew that they weren't exactly thrilled that we were moved in together before marriage. Not only that, but from the outside, we looked like two opposites. She grew up in a home that was completely stable, in a society that treated her like a princess, and I didn't. She stood by her morals, and while I knew morals, I didn't stand by them often. It was like we grew up in completely different worlds- well, okay, we did, but she didn't need all of that detail.

Our morning routines were always the same; I'd wake up well before Lena to go to work and before I'd even leave the bed I'd brush her hair back and kiss her forehead, knowing full well that she had been woken by my alarm. After that, I would shower and get dressed to leave for work and walk down to the local coffee shop to grab a cup of coffee before I headed to the machine shop. Though I knew how much Lena hated cars, it wasn't going to stop me from working on them. Even if we both preferred to walk around our city, I still enjoyed the smell of a good oil change or being able to take apart an engine and then rebuild it. Plus, it got my focus off of other things. I usually worked the early morning shift, catching up on work that people didn't get to finish the night before and adding finishing touches on cars before people came in to pick them up. I worked nearly every day, but thankfully there was enough mechanics that worked at the shop that I could call in and take time off whenever I needed it.

Luckily enough, the day was nearly ending, my shift was nearly over and the sun was readying itself to set soon enough. I knew that it meant that my wonderful girlfriend was most likely going to be home soon, which I could never argue with. To be honest, I was still amazed that I was even with her. I figured that she'd be long gone with someone else, especially after I proposed that we lived together, let alone share the same bed. But, no matter how chaste she was, she rolled with it, and I couldn't be more happier. Though I had a past that wasn't exactly innocent, I was lucky that she had trusted me enough to move in with me, to let me hold her while we slept. I smirked at the thought, deciding that I'd offer for us to watch a movie tonight instead of spending our time separately; my time usually consisted of reading, which had became more of a time occupier so I didn't have to think about sneaking out.

That was one thing I hated doing. I hated lying to Lena about where I was going or what I was doing. Though I had to admit that I was getting better at keeping myself contained, it was a practice that would sometimes get the best of me. Like those cheap vampires on television shows or movies when they talked about being "vegetarian", it was hard stray away from killing when you had been so used to it. It was one of the main reasons I cringed whenever they'd let a ***** or a murderer back into society after years of being in jail; though they had did their crime, they were usually fixed on getting their fulfillment, whether they get caught again or not. In no way did I put myself in their league, after all, they were mostly human. I had a permanent disposition that'd keep me wanting to kill.

I stood leaning over the engine of a car, my tongue pressed to my cheek as if it'd help me brainstorm what to try next on the car that had seemed to come in every other week. I contemplated taking the whole thing apart with no service charge since I knew that the parts wouldn't be cheap, but I knew what my boss would think of that. I let out a huff and stood, putting my hands on my hips to look over the hood of the car at the other guys in the shop. "Hey, Aaron, come over here, I have a question," I called out, one of the older gentlemen that worked here, Aaron, had the most experience and he usually was the one that everyone would call on. He was the like some sort of all knowing presence in the shop. "Okay, so I've steam cleaned the engine, I changed the oil, I flushed all of the fluids and replenished them, what should I do now?" I asked, annoyed that I had been reduced to asking him about what to do next. Normally I was pretty good with cars, but lately my head had just been somewhere else.

"uuh, I'd change the spark plugs if I were you, then give it a try," he grunted after clearing his throat, then promptly walked away. The old man was busy, I could tell, but I was grateful for the advice he'd give me.

"Dammit, that's what I was thinking," I muttered rubbing my chin with the back of my forearm, careful not to get any grease on my face. I quickly exchanged the spark plugs for new ones that I found in our inventory, and luckily the car had started right up, no sputtering or chugging like it had done the time before. Smirking, I headed into the office portion of the shop and called out to the receptionist to call the owner of the car, to let them know that their car was ready to pick up, then I went back into the shop to move their car out of the shop and into the parking lot in our pick up zone.

After about twenty minutes, the owner was there, a thin blonde haired girl that was maybe nineteen. I was introduced to her, and I quickly went over the details of the car, trying to keep my mind from anything non work related as I listed off the things I changed. When I finished with that, I directed her to go back to the main office and pay them, along with grabbing her keys so she could take off. Though she had given me a few flirty looks and remarks, I brushed them off like normal, trying to keep my mind off what it'd be like to ravage her and then rip her apart. I let out a huff and turned when we finished talking, heading to the back room where he'd change out of his work suit and gather his stuff to head home.

I hurried out of the building, carrying my suit so I could wash it at home. I just wanted to get home and clear my head. I walked the couple blocks that it took to get to our apartment complex and when I had gotten inside, I opted to take the stairway. When I had reached the floor we lived on, I promptly walked to our door and hurried inside, figuring that Lena wasn't home yet. I kicked my boots off at the door and walked inside, locking the door behind me. Letting out a heavy sigh, I placed my keys and phone at the small table near the doorway, heading into our bedroom to gather the laundry hamper. Though we lived together, Lena and I still had separate clothing hampers, just because her clothes needed more detail than mine, and it wasn't unusual that my clothing would have grease stains on them or I'd accidentally leave a pen in the pocket of something, which would end up dying the whole load of clothing, and though it didn't bother me to buy new clothes, I didn't want to be caught ruining one of her favorite dresses, or favorite anything really. I carried my laundry to the laundry room and started a load of laundry, stripping myself of the clothes I had on and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

Though I liked the smell of cars, I knew that it wasn't Lena's favorite. I spent the next ten minutes washing my hair and body under steaming hot water, trying to clear my mind of all that I'd been thinking about that day. When I had gotten out, I smelled the familiar smell of Lena's perfume, which meant that she was most likely home already. Smiling to myself, I headed to the bedroom and found a pair of boxers and shorts, pulling both over my long legs and then I found a tee shirt to throw over my torso.

I walked out to the kitchen, smirking when I saw my girlfriend hard at work in the kitchen. Licking my lips, I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist, pressing a few kisses from the base of her neck to the back of her ear. I loosened my grip so she could turn around, and I pressed a smaller kiss to her lips. "How was your day?" I asked, absentmindedly as I let her go so she could finish what she was doing. I walked to the counter and rinsed off my hands, drying them on a fresh towel that was hanging on to the handle of the oven door and turned to her. "Can I help you with anything?"

just hold me down hard
      and drown me in love.

Liberal Prophet

xtermofendearmentxtermofendearmentxtermofendearmentx

THE PRETENTIOUS PARTIER
User Image

WE ARE THE KIDS OUR PARENTS WARNED US ABOUT.

xtermofendearmentxtermofendearmentxtermofendearmentx

Ryker had completely forgotten that he had promised Tathan that he'd be waking him up in the morning, thus the reason why he had headed off to the shower and started on getting ready for the day without saying word to his brother. Forgetfulness was normal for him, though. After he had showered, he headed to his closet and pulled on his clothes, and headed downstairs to make his own breakfast, already knowing that he'd most likely run into both of his parents. Before he had left his room though, he grabbed his keys, phone, and backpack, that way he wouldn't have to come back up to his room to gather his stuff.

Just like expected, he got to the kitchen where his mom was finishing up her breakfast and finished packing Tathan and Ryker's lunches for the day. Sometimes it seemed like she was so stuck in her little fantasy family that she didn't know either of her sons did drugs, which was fine for Ryker. She pressed a kiss to his cheek before she had rushed out the door, and a second later his father walked in, heading straight to the coffee machine and toaster without saying much but a "Mornin' sport," but that was because he was reading whatever was on his phone. Ryker took initiative to make a bowl of cereal while he waited for Tathan, and while he did he noticed he received a text from Micah. Micah is a good friend, someone that Ryker trusted. The two dated a while back, Micah even owned the title of taking his "gay virginity" as Ryker called it, but they hadn't lasted very long, mostly because Ryker couldn't handle his emotions for him and Jessabell, though he'd never tell anyone that except Micah. He had too much pride to admit it to anyone else, plus he didn't want to seem like a total loser. Though, he still had somewhat of a flirty relationship with him, it was mostly all play.

He quickly sent one back, right as Tathan bounded down the stairs. The scene in the kitchen didn't last long, and after Ryker had told Tate that they were leaving, the two headed out the door and into his car, heading straight for school.

Getting out of the car, his eyes scanned the front lawn, but he hadn't seen Jessabell yet. His lips pressed into a straight line, pulling out his cell phone to send her a text message. The two didn't have any classes together, which he was disappointed in. He could have taken Art during the second semester, but he had really wanted to take Modern US History during that hour because he had heard that the teacher that hour was really easy when it came to grading. Either way it would be fine, because he'd make time to see her, even if it meant skipping class. After sending a text to JB, he sent a text off to Jay as well, and then glanced around the front entrance, spotting Micah. Grinning big, he jogged over to him.

"Hey! ready for this s**t to start?" he said with a little laugh. "I texted JB and Jay, I told them to come and find me," he said, adjusting the straps on his backpack that hung on his shoulders. "Oh, and are you still down for a party at your place? I'll text Tathan and tell him to send out the invites," he said with a little wink. The parties they planned were pretty simple, and with Tathan's convincing, they had gotten people to bring booze so they'd all be able to drink. Luckily enough, between Tathan and Ryker they could stock a party with the amount of favors that people owed them. Plus, it was one of the protocols. If you were asked to brink alcohol and you didn't, you weren't likely to get invited back to a party. The plus side was that the parties were rarely in the same place, the only location that they had partied on more than once was in the underground bunker in their field, but very few people got invited to that, and it was so remote that police didn't normally bother with coming out there unless something bad had happened, like someone had too much and needed to be taken off by ambulance. But that hadn't happened yet, thankfully.

ooc: outfit

quotes and texts
                                                                                      iN e v e r l a n d

to: jay
                                                                                      from: ryker
                                                                                      message: hey a*****e, where are you?
                                                                                      come find me on the front lawn, xxx

the-UNDERAGE-koyo

to: BJ
                                                                                      message: ready to reek havok? (;
                                                                                      what's your first class, and why aren't you with me right now?
                                                                                      I'm on the front lawn, xxx

Sullen Wonderland

to: micah baby
                                                                                      message: i'll be there soon, don't get your panties in a twist, xxx

classes

first - Algebra
                                                                                      second - Modern US History
                                                                                      break - Lunch
                                                                                      third - Biology
                                                                                      fourth - Journalism

Liberal Prophet

Liberal Prophet

Liberal Prophet

Liberal Prophet

Liberal Prophet

Liberal Prophet

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers