Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Lunatic

Kaiser Khronos
Designer Genes
Kaiser Khronos
Tei, I really hope you join. And bree...how about we oversimplify? We can post the "Cards of the week" and have a poll? That way it'd be fair. We could play and people could vote to determine the winner. 3nodding

Voting is kinda iffy though. Maybe simple grading? :]

But if WE grade we couldn't compete. xp And I wants to compete! whee

Maybe we could do revolving challenges? Each round, a different contestant comes up with a challenge and then the others each make a card to complete it. That way, you and Bree could participate when it isn't your turn to post a challenge, and you wouldn't have to rely on voting either.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I thought about that, but we don't know what everyone's schedule/dedication is. I mean, someone could forget to do their story and whatnot then they'd have to grade it and such. I think we'll try voting first then if that seems to be "iffy" then we'll try rotating. 3nodding

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
Kaiser Khronos
I thought about that, but we don't know what everyone's schedule/dedication is. I mean, someone could forget to do their story and whatnot then they'd have to grade it and such. I think we'll try voting first then if that seems to be "iffy" then we'll try rotating. 3nodding

Bree grades yours, you grade hers?

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I thought about that too...maybe we'll try that. Ooh, I know. It looks like we have an even number. Maybe we'll just divvy up however many contestants we have. 3nodding

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
Kaiser Khronos
I thought about that too...maybe we'll try that. Ooh, I know. It looks like we have an even number. Maybe we'll just divvy up however many contestants we have. 3nodding

Oooooh! Divvying!

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
BUYP!

(Bringing Up Your Post, instead of Bringing Up My Post, or BUMP!)

Fuzzy Lunatic

Designer Genes
BUYP!

Is THAT why they call it bumping? I've never heard that expression before xp
I just assumed it meant as in to 'bump' the thread up the page. I feel like a derp now D:
iLL iNTENT
Designer Genes
BUYP!

I just assumed it meant as in to 'bump' the thread up the page. I feel like a derp now D:

It may be a backronym though.

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
iLL iNTENT
Designer Genes
BUYP!

Why else would it be called bumping. I leave the internet for 5 years, and I have to learn all sorts of new lingo. :[
I don't know if this is too long or not, but to me it sounds choppy as is. Its a summary of a whole story I've been working on, Diyon representing my playing history, Neilon is my brothers, and Jasmine is my Wife.

Quote:
Planeswalker Profile

Name Diyon en-Vec
Primary Green
Secondary White/Red (Has experience with Blue and Black)
Race Human
Appearance Tall and of a medium build, his skin is tanned from the suns of many worlds. Short, messy Brown hair and Honey colored eyes. Diyon dresses in a hodgepodge of fashions from many worlds and eras from a Krosan Traveler's Cloak to Trousers of Eiganjo Silk. He has a Coalition tattoo on his left shoulder and his body is covered in scars of many different origins. Carries a Selesnyan Sigil and a Spear whose tip may have been forged of Darksteel.

Biography Born of Rath, Diyon expressed a prowess in navigating the land from a young age, particularly the Skyshroud forest. He learned in time that his unnatural knowledge of the land came from a subconscious communion with the living things around him and he was becoming more and more adept at controlling this "empathy". His tribe was sacked for slaves, and he was taken to the Stronghold. The Evincar learned of his talents, and put him under the scalpel in an attempt to make a controllable factor in using the sliver Hive as a weapon. This in time had lead to Diyon's escape, but not before traumatizing him from the exposure of a near infinite perspective of the hive mind, and the dominating presence of the Sliver Queen.

Upon his return to his Tribe, Diyon's brother, a Vec Paladin named Neilon volunteered to take him to a Kor Healer to see if their meditative practices might help Diyon deal with the mental scars. Before their arrival to the Kor Haven, the Planeshift occurred, dropping both men in the Yavimayan Forest in the midst of the Phyrexian War. At this time, Yavimaya had already gained an upperhand, and thus many of the Elves who weren't on vigil were busy rebuilding and regrouping. They both decided to join the fray alongside the Yavimayans, and joined the pursuit of Rith the Awaker, and found themselves at Urborg, where it would seem the world would end. Thousands upon thousands of Phyresxians and Dominarians of all colors battling in the shadow that had once loomed over Diyon's tribe. Somehow, the two survived Yawgmoth's Apocalypse, and although at the time neither had suspected, both now feel that was when they had ascended.

After the war, They returned to Yavimaya for a time, Diyon wanting to commune with the forest and Neilon wishing not to leave his brother's side. They didn't think anything of it that they didn't age, but after a century they decided to travel afar to see the world, starting with Otaria; a continent many Rathi refugees had gone to in search for a home. Diyon chose to commune with Krosa and Neilon visited the Southern Order. They had gotten caught up in the Nightmare War, and both men decided to try and leave the continent, seeing the problems boiling there. Shortly before Karona's death, the two of them had triggered their first Planeswalk, and found themselves on Mercadia. Bewildered, they stayed on Mercadia, leaving for short periods to test their ability to Planeswalk.

They had met a few other 'Walkers, and had heard stories of what seemed an Artificial Plane that none could enter due to some sort of psychic block. The two 'walked to visit this plane, only to discover it's block, along with all inhabitants save for thousands of artifact machines had vanished. They studied the plane, and found many records of it's history in a few locations. Satisfied, they 'walked in search of a new place to explore and found the ancient plane of Kamigawa. On Kamigawa, they tried to fit in using illusions and some acquired clothes, and listen to the peoples stories of the Kami. Diyon became fascinated with the religious practices for these spirits while Neilon wanted to explore the far reaches, but found himself the target of a great Oni of deception. This Oni played on his fears, desires, and faults, until finally gaining a grasp of his power through possession. Neilon perceived that he was fighting a great evil, when infact a great Evil was using him to cause destruction and havoc in the countryside. Diyon tried to stop Neilon, but his brother's newfound abilities to utilize death magic over powered Diyon's life magic. Diyon inturn decided to bait his brother and planeswalk, hoping to make him follow him into the Eternities where the Oni should be torn apart.

Diyon could not remember the 'Walk when he awoke, but he found himself in an Orzhov soul-containment spell. He had fallen out of the sky into an Orzhov district and was put up for auction. He was sold to, and released from bondage by a Selesnyan Evangel hoping to free slaves and bring them into the Conclave for protection. Diyon stayed until the skies darkened, and into Ravnica came Neilon, blazing with Demonic energy screaming his name.

The two fought, plowing further and further down through the layers of streets, buildings, and sewers until they hit the closest natural stone to the surface. Neilon was knocked unconscious, and Diyon panicked trying to think of a way to bring his brother and not the Oni to consciousness. It was by fate, or maybe it was the proximity to the old Rakdos sacrificial grounds, but the oni kept bound in unconsciousness when Neilon awoke. The brothers discussed the past few weeks, and with Neilon in control, when the Oni awoke, it was brought under binding. Neilon decided he'd keep the Oni as a source for knowledge on magics he was not familiar with, and the brothers Planeswalked back to Dominaria for the first time in centuries.

Their arrival was a startling one; Dominaria had suffered through the past few hundred years while the men were gone. The Rifts in time and space had left the world they once new a desolate shadow of the mana rich plane it had once been. They sought out Otaria, the last place they had been before leaving Dominaria, and found the whole continent bare and drained. Upon their arrival, a flood of energy came through the rifts, and out came an elven woman they new from long ago, from Yavimaya. Where in the normal time line she had died during the Phyrexian War, in the one she had come from, she survived, and fled to Otaria. She ascended to a Planeswalker during what she called the Reign of Fury, brought on by a mad wizard, and his fiery angel. She was going to call up a dragon bound in the land to fight off this angel and bring the end of their tyranny when a rift in time pulled her here. The Elf, named Jasmine, decided to join the two men and try and find a new plane to call home. Just before setting off on their journey however, the rift surged with energy again, and pulled the three of them in, stranding them in a future where the Multiverse was in midst of collapse.

They stood on a shattered piece of land floating in the debris that had once been Dominaria, looking out at the expanse of chaos being consumed by an even greater chaotic collapse of reality. In a sense, they were at the eye of the storm, and could look out into billions of different times, realities, and planes that could have or had been as the Multiverse collapsed in upon itself. Desperate, they looked about the widening rift in reality, and saw what looked to be the closest to the time they had just came from, and planewalked into it. This dragged them through a painful and maddening reverse view of the destruction that could have been, and they popped out of a small rift in Benalia, just before the whole rift network had been mended.

After recovering from their visit to the end of ends, Diyon, Neilon and Jasmine are just like all the other Planeswalkers who have survive the Mending; mortal, land tied for mana, and curious as to what this new Multiverse has to offer them.

Motivation: Diyon and his brother Neilon feel like refugees, even though Dominaria is in a state of recovery. They are curious of other planes, and seek to find one that they may call home until they decide to return to Dominaria, or when their extended lifespan finally expires. Diyon is often attracted to great sources of Green mana, such as the Plane of Naya, but he has a fascination with more unnatural planes like Esper because of his past with Phyrexia. He prefers to blend into a world, often participating in their spiritual practices not just for appearance but because he has a personal connection with Life-Worship beliefs. When he becomes depressed or his past haunts him, he tends to become withdrawn, and this is when he seeks out planes with sharp, ugly landscapes and dark, cold mana to feed his brooding.

Abilities: He is very much a life-mage; Granting and gaining power to living creatures. Like green mana, he's also adaptable and has experience utilizing a range of other spells, from purity and community magic to destruction and rage magic. He particularly has a knack for spells used in destroying unnatural magics and artifacts.

TL;DR Born of Rath, Fought in the Phyrexian War, Is Green Aligned, Secondary is his allied colors, but due to his dealing with Phyrexia, he has minor experience with Blue and Black, not enough to be considered Secondary Colors in the slightest sense of the word, Uses magic that brings power to others, and destroys unnatural creations. Is friendly and cooperative, but has a brooding problem. Has a Brother, who's Possessed, kinda, and an Elven Companion from an alternate reality.
How is this coming along?
Back from vacation, and look what's up! I'd love to jump in and have some fun:

Quote:

Name: PA-X "Pax"
Primary Color: Red
Secondary Colors: Blue and Black
History: PA-X hails from a world once known as Secard, but now simply known as Prime/Home. Long ago in it's history, one of the intelligent species there used mana to create a self aware autonomous steam- and-mana powered mechanical army capable of defeating it's foes in a long and bitter war. Using this technique, they were able to create warriors, tacticians, even generals. However, as the war drew to close the creators soon realized their error. They had imprinted heavily into the so-called Steams the desire to conquer and vanquish, and that desire was not sated with the victory of battle. No sooner was their foe defeated then their own creations turned upon them.

Guided by their instincts and their Elders, the first and most knowledgeable steams, Secard fell, city by city, until nothing remained but the Steams, who renamed the world Prime/Homeworld. With nothing left to conquer, they turned their gaze to the stars, only to be rebutted, incapable of extending their lives without available mana and water past the planets several moons, which they eagerly mined for more metals.

Then, a planeswalker stumbled across their world. He was horrified, and quickly fled, but not before striking down thousands of Steam Troopers, and giving the Elders the answer they searched for. A way to other worlds. Digging into the records of the old world, they learned about planeswalkers, about mana, and about other worlds beyond their own. So they set about attempting to create their own planeswalkers, new Steam Sovereigns that would bring them to new worlds to conquer. PA-X, or Planeswalk-Able eXperimental, was the first Steam Emperor, created by sacrificing thousands of steam soldiers to grant him enough mana to live without steam and travel the planes. Seeing their success, the Elders sent 'him' on his way, to begin the conquering of other worlds.

Steampunk!

4,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Name: Dominal (Played by Assistanceplease)
Race: Vedalken / Artifice hybrid
Colors: Blue primary, Black secondary

Appearance: When traveling Dominal has learned to keep his features under close watch. He finds that most often people do not understand his inherent superiority. Dominal is largely covered in the rare material known as Etherium. It could be rumored that among the planes only one persons Etherium purity exceeds his, Tezzeret. Dominal still carries enough Vedalken features that he can pass for one, but even his face has begun to be adorned with the filigree.

Biography: Born and raised as a great scholar and manipulator of Quicksilver, Dominal always knew there would be one more discovery, one more revelation. This led to his drastic experiments with the rare blinkmoth serum, a catastrophe that triggered his spark. He traveled then to the Shard of Alara known as Esper, where his cunning ans otherworldly knowledge won him audience with Tezzeret (pre-Bolas) and access to more Etherium then most. When the convergence began it's creep he erred on the side of self-preservation and fled, seeking more mechanical planes, and potentially more etherium.

Attitude/ Motivation: Dominal's goals are purely for self improvement. Living on Argentum tainted him to his artifact fervor. Calculating, he is not above helping other people if he sees a return on the favor. Calm, he is not one to panic, he believes himself above such a petty reaction.
Tozorrot the Sookor

When should we expect this to start?

Fuzzy Lunatic

Megiddo
Tozorrot the Sookor

When should we expect this to start?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I'm getting antsy X3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash