Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome Back!

Quote:
Items (Features?)

So we know TekTek has been shut down. Unfortunate, but understandable. I liked being able to piece together avis from items I don't even own - all at once. I've also heard word of a "dream avatar creator" that Gaia is planning on creating. There's one thing TekTek lacked and I'm hoping you guys pick up in this possible pending update, animal dream avatar creators. Can you confirm or deny if we'll have the ability to build animal avatars? I've always wanted to get an animal avi going, but since paws are new to Gaia it's difficult to figure out what exactly I can do to put together a nice one. Thank you for your time, and I'd be very excited if paw items will be included in this feature!

Yes, this is definitely something we are keeping in mind and plan to implement for this feature!

Quote:
Items:

Would it be possible to separate human and paws items from rigs/CI's/etc permanently?
Maybe even code in a choice between what kind of item (human or paw) the same way you would item or gold?

We don't currently have any plans on separating these two permanently. We will occasionally have human only and paw only CIs, but we don't have any plans to stop releasing CIs that would have a mix of the two items.

Quote:
Games

Question: Is Switchem going to be a permanent part of games now? I really, really hope so, because I love it & it's a good way to make gold while having a bit of fun!
Just want to say thank you too for leaving it up!

Switchem is going to stay up indefinitely! We're glad that you like it.

Quote:
Features and Shops?

For the past few years I've been seeing more Gaia cash announcements than other announcements. While it is nice to see some virtual items on sale for real money and that you folks are getting compensated for your artwork and coding, it seems like the GC store is getting more attention than the GG stores. Being a hard working adult like you folks, you can understand why the GC isn't an option in this economy for those with bills and stuff. So my question is this, are there any plans to update the gold shops or anything else that isn't making me choose between food/gas for this week and this site in the works for the near future?

As a general rule of thumb- we try to update our gold shops at least once, but usually twice a month. Additionally, we've added switchem as permanent feature due to its popularity- it is a free feature that allows Gaians to earn gold. Beyond gold shop updates, and events that award free item grants we also have features that are in the process of being created. These include a site-wide chat, and an Avatar Builder that allows users to preview and quest items on the site, along with new games in the works that are set for release this summer.

Quote:
Items

Unisexing: Is it still being worked on? With the throwback event going on, and me trying to recreate some old lady avis for my now male base, I found out that some items I have still aren't wearable by the guys. Example that I found in my inventory was the Grecian sandals.

This is definitely something we would like to continue to work on in the future.
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question multiple times on the same day may result in the additional posts being deleted or in your loss of being able to post to the thread. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    There are a few reasons why a question might not be answered. Here are some of the most common reasons why that happens:

There are questions that are asked that have been asked and answered previously and the answer given there hasn't changed, therefore we don't answer that.

There are questions that we simply do not have an answer to at the moment.

There are questions asked in a format other than the one that we recommend you post in.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.

7. Item suggestions and requests.
    Questions specifically asking for item requests will not be answered for this ATS. They may not be responded to individually in the interest of getting to other questions. You may also post your item request and suggestions in the Item Request Thread in Site Feedback!
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • Events
  • Manga

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Items

Thank you so much for the recent outpouring of LabTech items! I feel you've truly made our G Corp dreams come true. heart
Hello, Gaia Staff!

This question is for bluealaris, but anyone can answer it. In last week's ATS, you explained what the users' money that buys gold generators go to at Gaia. You can see the post here. If you received my private message from me already, I thanked you for giving all of us an honest answer having to do with where the money users give to get gold generators goes to at Gaia. If you didn't see my private message to you, please look in your inbox! C: Anyway, since the users' money spent on gold generators goes towards fixing some things on Gaia, I was wondering, to "soften" the blow gold generators have on the Gaia economy, I was wondering if you can add updates to Staff Updates to tell us what glitches and other things that were fixed on Gaia using users' money from them buying gold generators? I know you guys are keeping us updated in the Staff Updates on what has been fixed, what is coming up in the future, and other things as well, but I think including bugs and other fixes to Gaia from users' money from buying gold generators would be absolutely awesome to be included as well. The people want to know! : O Well, I do at least. sweatdrop

Thank you!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Items

It would appear that User ImageSlippery Franco the Fish was meant to be released alongside User Image Glistening Franco the Fish in the recent Darling Doll Trunk CI. However, it never quite made it in.

Now that we've received confirmation of Franco's unfortunate passing, will this item be made available in his memory?
Thank you so much again for making past and current aquarium fish available for Gaia gold and Gaia Cash! All of us really appreciate your guy's kindness and generosity toward us a whole lot! C: I was wondering if you guys can take it a step further and make all of the aquarium fish being sold at Phin Phang available for Gaia gold and Gaia Cash? I think it would be awesome if we had both gold and Cash options for every aquarium fish related thing at Phin Phang! Maybe even including the aquarium decorations as well! It would be so cool and a great gold sink as well!

Thank you!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Features

In the recent site survey, an updated site/shop UI was more heavily requested than a fishing update, yet was not mentioned as one of your high-priority updates. Are you planning on any site/shop UI changes? Why or why not?

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,675 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
Items/Alchemy

User Image
These guys.

Don't get me wrong, these Golden Fragments (Which I & a few friends have been calling them Jiggies for nostalgia's sake.), are a great thing.
However...
The rarity of them is way too extreme for the cost of them & what is needed to make tickets.
I'm trying my hand at making one because I REALLY REALLY want an item made, but with the forced rarity of these things makes it extremely hard for someone who doesn't always have the funds for them.
They are only being offered in coupons & in the CI's in the Cash Shop.
This isn't very fair to those who don't always have the money to even try their hand at getting one.
Also it seems like they are getting more & more useful in Alchemy, such as the new options with the Dark Eclipse item having them for an option.

I understand the need for rarity of these Fragments, but if they are going to become more prevalent in Alchemy then they need to be more common than they already are.

So here's my options on fixing the solution:

1. Have them as a more permanent feature in the CS or The Bifrost for a relatively decent price. (Even if they are worth GCash)
2. Have a crafting option to make these much like the Golden Giftboxes we had a while back.We're allowed to make other components by crafting, why not these too?
3. Have them as a rare drop in Caches or the Alchemy Grab Bags. Granted a very rare drop, but one none the less.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Characters
Who is your favorite NPC? Is there anyone you are particularly excited about honoring this month?

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I'd love to thank you all for all the great things you've been bringing our way lately. The new attention to alchemy (I know some aren't happy about the destruction of an LQI but I understand that Alchemy very often follows the rule of 'Cash Item In' for 'Cash Item out') is so exciting and fun, thanks for the variety, too. I am so happy for the Barton item. I hope you all will consider releasing the Town-specific Heart of the ____ items into RIGs similiar to how you all have released the Beyond Moonlight Bundle contents into the RIGs recently. This will help in the item not being completely eliminated, in my opinion. That is of course the big concern we have with Alchemy, is depleting items, so I must also thank you for the Trunk RIG placed in BiFrost as well. The event is exciting, and I love the pixie wing recolors, did I mention I LOVE my compresses ty ty ty.... the gold shop May update was so great. I'm loving it all and I hope there is a Goddess Gaia item on the way soon too. In the meanwhile I'm really enjoying my Eclipse items. They're gorgeous thank you to the artists~ emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Thank you for your efforts to communicate and be transparent with us, it's been really re-assuring and heart-warming even. I hope you all are enjoying this work and know we are grateful even if we don't see 100% eye to eye on everything. Thank you, thank you~ heart

Short Version: Please release more of the original Barton item, and thank you for all the great stuff! <3

Spacey Demigod

30,725 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Items

I have noticed in the items glitch report forum that not many people are there helping to fix glitches. I have seen a lot of people repost the same problem and it seems they are either not acknowledged or seem to be completely ignored. Is there any way this could be improved?

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Characters

Loyal is secretly an invisibob.

User Image

Y/N?

Vintage Gaian

Everyone
Thank you EVERYONE on Gaia staff for my Grombie Ears. heart heart heart

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Manga

How much time has passed, in-universe, since the start of the Airship saga to the present? What about from the start of the Manga as a whole?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff