Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
MiniNitemares
Narumi Misuhara

I've heard so many bad things about you.
I am speechless. Can you please try to bring the site back to normal?
The flynn booty/chest releases (have been told it was done multiple times by you),
since you ARE responsible, can you limit the amount of times there are flash sales AND
NO MORE BOOTY FOR GAIA'S SAKE.

I hate the new stuff but it is NOT her fault. Narumi has no real pull. She's told to meet goals by the greedy uppers and she has to do what she has to do or lose her job. Honestly she does care about the site and the users more than most of the staff but when it comes down to it, she could get fired for sharing her opinions with her boss.

Enduring Gaian

I hope forum assistant positions open up. Last time I tried to apply for mod I didn't make the cut, but I think i'd make a good assistant until that time comes.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hi Guys I have many concerns but I actually have something that I want to ask more.

Can we return to of some old internet rules e.g No repeat threads in the GCD for example....

Lately the GCD has become essentially a Feedback and complaints page it is no longer General Community Discussion it needs to be cleaned up.

Also will we ever see Gaia Cinemas return?

And Wedding System? do we have a date yet????

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Zero Omega
Bobsplosion

⊱ 'You can only pretend we're two of a kind...'

Okay, so, Pokemon X and Y are coming out this Saturday. I've asked before for stickies and you guys have said it's relatively low on your priority list.

The forum will get a ton of traffic this weekend, so now is the best time to add stickies. If it's such a big deal, I would be perfectly fine with writing the stickies, and having you guys read it over and sticky-ing it.

'...For I am cut from your mortal fears.'⊰

That's something we could look into,thanks for the suggestion!

Alright, fine. But PLEASE hurry. Come Saturday, that place will be a nightmare.

Green Smoker

nate-tmi
Nakami Sato

Is there any chance you could add a feature where the item you sell in the MP gets frozen for 5 minutes after placing it? This could really prevent people from getting a total heartattack if they mispriced something.
Please don't say things like its completly our own fault for mispricing something. We got so used to the warning that if we offer something for far too low under the MP price that we just feel too secure. There are items that don't warn you if you mispriced something. (like the rigs, most or many have a storeprice, so if i want to sell an item for 1mil with an storeprice of 100k, it will not warn me if i mispriced it)

Please do something about this. Its really is frustrating to suddenly lose an item for nothing.

Please don't ignore this, i'm not the only one who would want something like that, i'm sure

yes i would Like that too. yet 5 min is a bit Long. more Like 2 x the time it took us to List the item at the wrong price. just so maybe we have the time to remove it B4 some one buys it.

Someone bought an mispriced item from me within 3 seconds of placing it. >_>''
Right, but it should be at least a minute.
Uncle Kenny
Krissim Klaw
Uncle Kenny
*insert stuff not involving praying mantises*
I have a legit Event question for once. Do you have any secrets up your sleeve to balance the teams for the Event. If it is indeed going to be EB versus Jack the polls I have seen in threads are close to 85-90% in favor of Jack. This could easily be our biggest skew ever when it comes to a team based fighting event...

Yeah, balancing is something I'm looking heavily into since I don't want either side to have an unfair advantage.
Good luck! It just feels like the numbers are going to be so extreme this time because most seem to favor Jack. I imagine it will be hard for Jack users to find EB users to fight while the EB users will have a hard time getting much action in before they are swarmed.

Amorous Animal

19,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Object of Affection 150
I was also wondering
Could it be possible to get a forum admin or assistant into the CrosStitch forum?
There tends to be a lot of spam or really unrelated threads getting posted in there, and it clutters up the front page.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

frozen_water
Narumi Misuhara
frozen_water
Hey guys, me again~

Some concerning images surfaced yesterday, and I was hoping to get some staff feedback on the matter.

User ImageUser Image

Apparently the images show Gaia Interactive's COO Jason Lioa giving a presentation for "Manos Accelerator" where he discussed the implementation of "Gamification". The second image even has our very own Flynn used as an example.

The implications of these images are deeply troubling to myself. I am aware that "Gamification" is common business practice and it's not inherently insidious. However, The idea that business tactics involving manipulation and addiction are being used as a business model for site targeted at users as young as 13 is disturbing. Common business practice or not, I've come to expect a lot more moral integrity from this site.

In addition, while I understand the... "interesting" bulletin notes may have been intended as a joke, I do not find them to be humorous or acceptable. The users have already began to feel the deep impacts of these "strategies" and the idea that shamelessly manipulating the marketplace and community that has been built up over years just to turn a quick profit is somehow appropriate material for a joke is appalling.

Your users aren't a joke, they aren't cash cows, they're human beings. The site I came to love since joining in '03 was centered on the community, and it's become blatantly obvious that Gaia's recent actions have not had the best interests of the community at heart.

My questions now are:

- To what extent does the COO's vision reflect that of the general staff?
- Is there any real hope of returning more to a community focused site rather than just a revenue source for Gaia interactive?
- Can you ease up on all the controversial descisions?

NOTE: This was not a presentation given to Gaia staff or the Gaia interactive company as clarified by Uncle Kenny in this thread.

Hi frozen_water, I can definitely understand your concerns, however it's important to understand that those images are out of context. They had nothing to do with Gaia.

Regarding managements vision of Gaia, yes, we all want to see Gaia do well and thrive. Gaia has an amazing community and none of us want to see that go away. Not sure why the idea is going around that we don't care about the community. We continue to have mini-events, we've recently had amazing gold only item recolors and we have tons of free contests going on all the time.

I wouldn't expect things like the rates of sales to decrease, but we can definitely find more useful and less intrusive ways to message these things and that is currently something we are working on.
First, thank you for taking the time to respond, I know these things get kinda crazy.

Second, I'm not really sure how out of context it is. While I realize this is not directly driven at Gaia, the person giving the speech does hold a high position in the company of Gaia Interactive, and Flynn's Booty appears to be used as an example, so it's hard to believe that the ideas being pushed here aren't also being pushed at Gaia.

If I had to hazard a guess as to why so much of the community feels at odds with the staff lately it would be the fact that this site is not operating as it used to. There is a seemingly endless string of sales, average GC item price has skyrocketed, and we've been told that items that don't pay for themselves with GC won't be worked on (Things like Guilds, the arenas, and Inventory arrangers have gone ages without a much needed update).

It's really hard to feel like the staff is concerned about the community when on a daily basis decisions are made that upset a lot of users. I mean, 3 releases of Flynn's booty in less than 2 months? The gimmicks being thrown at the users are really getting steep.

At least someone responded about it, Now to get people to act on it wink

Dedicated Gaian

22,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • November Memories 25
BTW do you know how many were actually released ?

kimiko Miko
The one item on Gaia I want the most is Spice The Pumpkitten heart - It has been impossible for me to acquire one. Will you ever re-release it in the future ?

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Kunopegos
Why won't Gaia go to New York Comic Con this year?

NYCC wouldn't give us a panel this year.

Lucky Flip-Flopper

X would u ever fix Layers so i could make this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

How much of a difference do you think the Halloween gold sink will make?

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
1. Is it true that you're working on a new website for 18+ users?
- If so, is it true that none of the current items in our inventory will be able to transfer?
- If so, WHY? Why would you bombard us with sales just to make these items unusable in the future?

2. What is your intention with all these sales?
While I fully support your business' prosperity, they're creating a hostile environment and actively chasing away some of your most loyal Gaians, and also my best friends. They've inadvertently turned Gaians against one another and inflated the marketplace terribly, despite all efforts of a gold sink. It feels as if you don't care about us anymore, and I mean genuinely. I don't mean to harass you with comments like these, but I sincerely feel it's time for you to reach out and make amends. We want to know everything's going to be okay. Many are losing faith in the site and talking about taking their company elsewhere, permanently.

P.S. This is my second week in a row posting in ATA about this. If I don't get an answer or acknowledgement, I'll be back.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Damaged Butter
How far are you guys coming along on the gaia marriage system?

They answered on a previous page and stated that it is on the to-do list but that it will be after halloween and christmas before they can work on it in earnest.

Aged Genius

vV Edward Elric Vv
codemonkey37179
vV Edward Elric Vv
codemonkey37179
vV Edward Elric Vv

lol i want old towns 2 back where your avatar could walk on buildings XD

Old Towns 2. Has it been out that long?

if your talking about walking on walls the yes xD

What if you could just fly? Would that be ok?

may be in the heaven part of gaias town 2 xD i wanna walk on walls!!

It could be anywhere. The funny thing is the artist drew beautiful art that doesn't make it to the screen because you can't walk there. In my test environment I set it up where I can fly and sit on top of the buildings. I don't know if there is enough interest though...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff