Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Girl

12,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
MistressRosalyn (Ros) and I are requesting art of our characters, Jack & Ky. These are two unique characters that require some attention to detail, so we ask that our artists read through this carefully, and in return we'll try to keep this as brief as possible and pay you well.

User Image

Jack
                  A Mobster Necromancer with a Dangerous Personality

Appearance
                              Jack stands at 5'8 with a thin, unshapely body. Her feminine qualities are diminished, rendering her practically flatchested and giving her the perception of appearing male. On closer inspection, one could see the curves on her jawline, the absence of broad shoulders, etc, but few notice this about her. Her clothing makes up for what she cannot do physically. She has a medium hair length for a male, coming roughly an inch lower then her jaw line. It's raven black and covers her left eye. Her eyes are blood red color.

Jack wears a red suit jacket over a white button down shirt. The red jacket comes longer down in the back, resembling more of a trench coat in length. She also wears a solid black tie. She wears dress shoes and pants that are both black as well. A fedora adores her head and pulled low over her face casting it in shadow.

NOTE!: It is actually preferable that the artist draw a simple fedora for Jack rather than the fancy hat she's wearing on her avi. Thanks!
                              REFS!: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Personality
                              Jack is sarcastic, but coy, a deadly combination. She's highly manipulative, knowing just how to phrase things to get what she wants. Her weapon is mostly her words, she can make the bravest of men shudder, and terrify people with vast imagery that can make your hair stand on end. She's practically fearless, for she does not fear death per say, yet her right to survive is to enjoy being able to be free, free of rules, constraints and morals.

Jack's mannerism are smooth, well posed, even if the words have a bit of "slang" thrown in. She has devloped this from her time in the mob, knowing that words have as much weight as your actions sometimes. She always seems to process that "mysterious" male persona about her, many people even in the close circles of the mobs she's been in still believe her to be male. This persona has also lead her to attract other females as well.

Jack's view on people's importance is usually calculated by how much they are worth being alive. If she think you are worthless she is likely to kill you, but on the flip side she'd go against orders to have you killed if you were worth more alive than dead to her. Speaking of going against orders, Jack's loyalty is usually based on the intelligence of leader or the person bossing her around. The minute you pull a stupid move or issue something based on emotion or derangement or other matters of "idiotic" conclusion drawing, she'll do as she wants. Yet her loyalty to those she believes in can be rather strong.

User Image

Ky
                  A Supehero Posing as a High-Ranked Mobster Who MIGHT Be in over Her Head.

Appearance
                              Ky is all-around average, standing at 5'3", with a not-too-thin figure and a b-cup top. Although she's numerically average, she never dresses as such. Up until her recent rise into mob-culture, Ky could never be caught without one of her many capes--in fact, she actually started out wearing said capes into her dirty-handed job.

Now though, Ky is waist deep in her undercover hero work, and has decided to dress the part. She keeps her hair as it was--short (ear-length toward the front, while the back graces the bottom of her neck) and black; some might call it a bit wispy. She wears a purple, pin-striped vest over a red, long-sleeved shirt and red tie to match. Her hands are covered by a pair of black gloves to erase her tracks. She still maintains her girly touch by wearing a sort, crimson skirt over semi-sheer red tights and some heeled black boots. She always has on her a pistol kept in a belt, which she prefers not to use, or, if she's prepared to battle, she'll have her pitchfork on her instead. She wears a bit more than a "touch" of red makeup around and under her green eyes, just to top off the look.

Personality
                              Competitive and headstrong, Ky is passionate about her convictions, which just might be how she manages to make it so far, despite the fact that she usually doesn't know what she's doing and makes it up as she goes along. She hates losing more than anything else, and is prone to beating herself up about anything she messes up. And in spite of her dedication to facing the dangerous, she has an innocence and sense of childlike wonder to her that seems to contradict this entirely. It's almost as though ignorance is always bliss to this woman, and somehow, with her optimistic outlook and her head-first manner of jumping into danger, she survives the most precarious of situations. Leaving all to wonder: is it luck? And if so, when will it run out?

Her attraction to people seems to be toward anyone mysterious, intimidating, or threatening to her. (Not to mention, she'll stumble over anyone she finds to be very physically attractive, as well.) She has the misfortune of being attracted to those who challenge her, and thus her attraction to people such as Jack. She's open to either gender, with a particular fascination with females. Because she hates to lose though, she seems to treat love as a game at times, and likes to flirt her way into getting the other person to chase her instead of the other way around. This doesn't usually work, but because of who she's into, it's probably for the best.

User ImageUser Image

As a "Couple"
                  And the quotation marks are DEFINITELY there for a reason.

The Dynamic
                              Jack and Ky's relationship is one of strained emotions. They never admit that they might be lusting for the other, and they force this feeling deep in one another, fueling the fire that they both throw at each other. Jack knows her male persona revolves around getting people into predicaments like these, using her words and body language to make someone submit to her will. Ky on the other hand is a very strong person, devoted to her beliefs and dedicated to her missions. They both come to a stalemate more often then not, neither one wanting to admit to the other being right, even if they think they are.

As they stand now, whenever the two see one another, they throw words at one another like daggers, whilst still somehow managing to throw in hints at their attraction towards one another--usually by getting into the other's personal space, even while they continue to insult or threaten the person. They are almost literally always at one another's throats, and because neither party is willing to give an inch, they only add onto their tension without ever resolving anything.

While Jack and Ky might be somewhat attracted to one another, they for the love of God would never be in a relationship. It would never work. Jack's whole life is making people want her, not fighting for it. Ky is too strong headed for her. They would only fight, and Jack would eventually kill her. (No lie, her corpse would be more useful to Jack at that point.) Likewise, Ky would constantly be living conflicted with the nature of the person she'd be with, versus how that looks with her being a heroine. She would be addicted to the game they'd already been playing, and thus still seek to have their squabbles, which is hardly healthy for a relationship. As mentioned before, she would only be getting herself killed, if she didn't have the smarts to leave before that happened.

The Scene (To be Drawn)
                              For whatever reason, Jack has (seemingly randomly) chosen to yank Ky close to her, with one arm around the hero's waist. With her other hand, Jack has placed one finger under Ky's chin, hooking her in place. She'd wears a sinister expression, and probably be hovering over her Ky, and waiting eagerly for her move. The hope--what Jack banking on--is for Ky to blindly follow that human instinct to procreate before her mind catches up to her body.

The heroine seems to be only slightly more strong-willed than that. Having been the one to fluster Jack most often, she wasn't expecting this in the slightest, and the shock, unfortunately for her, is well-written on her face. The heroine clearly hesitates, with both of her hands curled (only slightly) just an inch or two away from the Necromancer's chest. So badly does she want to fall into Jack, and let her hold her. But she can't. This is wrong, and... totally backwards! Ky should be making Jack feel this way--not the other way around.

Note!: The important things to understand about this scene are the expressions and the hesitance that Ky's going to have. This image should NOT be romantic, and even if you change the pose some, Ky's body should still reflect that she was going to but then stopped herself. I've chosen the pose that I think would have happened most instinctively, and Ros chose what Jack would do based on her more forceful personality. I would ask that you keep what Ros requested that Jack be doing as close to the text as possible, but invite you to play around some with Ky. We recognize that this is a bit specific, but welcome you to put your own touch into the piece. We also thank you for taking the time to read this, and hope you both accept and enjoy our request!

Super Girl

12,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageUser Image

Notable Posts
Things we've RP'd that just might help you understand them.

The "Kid"
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue

"I don't know who you think you're calling 'kid', but it sure as hell can't be me. Don't you worry, I'll finish in due time. I thought maybe you might enjoy having some of your strength while you mosey around here doing... oh that's right, nothing but grubbing for points at the bottom of the food chain!" Ky giggles behind her cape giving Jack a dismissive wave.

Jack chuckled and stepped closer to Ky. "What am I? FOUR times your age, kid? I was born 1899. So don't tell me you aren't a KID to me." Jack let the curve of her smile make it's sinsitarly dark effect on her face. "You ain't got nothing but a title, kid. I have over 100 years of experience in this business. Soon... you'll be begging me for points." Jack had leaned so close the Necromancer's face was inches away from the cape which hid Ky's. She lowered her voice to a whisper "Never forget that I'm better then you'll ever be."

A Necromancer's Defeat & A Heroine's Choice
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn
              Jack felt... dizzy. The blood still pouring from the wound on her face, her beaten body and all the knocking around was getting to her. Ky's insult was hard to concentrate on, she was getting too dizzy to even tell what direction Ky's words were coming from. But a short "Not your type?" and a half pained laugh came out of her mouth.

Obviously she was losing control over her powers due to the blood lost and the orb did nothing. She had to stop before the mobster found herself dead from the dark magics toll. Serenity dropped Ky, crumbing to nothing more then bones on the ground and a dress. Jack saw the girl stumble towards her for a punch and found a bit of her strength returning from the drop of the magic, enough for her to catch the fist and pull Ky somewhat close to her. The mobster's vision was going, she knew she had lost this fight. But she had to say one last thing "Don't... you DARE... think this makes you better then me... You... got lucky..." and Jack felt all of her strength fail her. The Necromancer crumbled and hit the ground, completely knocked out.
              This time, Ky only listened. Her eyes followed Jack's every slow and broken move, witnessed the collapse of a zombie bride, and narrowed only slightly at those final words. How angry could she be? She'd won!

...She'd won! Yes! Once again good prevails! Ky jumped and laughed like a giddy child, celebrating her victory when... Oh wait... Something gave her the nagging feeling that she shouldn't be happy about this. After all, hadn't Jack just blacked out? Hadn't she gotten some form of elation from hacking at a girl's face? That wasn't very hero-like.

Ky stood over Jack, eyebrows curled up. Great, Ky. Are you a mobster, or a heroine? She didn't know! She had the really strong urge to walk away and claim her prize. But then... she felt pretty bad about that prospect. Jack could die if she lost any more blood... with a heavy sigh, Ky stooped to her knees and ripped off a healthy piece of her cape. There was no "nice" way to wrap fabric around Jack's face. It was just going to have to cover her mouth.

"I hope you thank me someday," Ky mumbled. "There's no way a King Crab should be fretting over a Shrimp."

A Visit to the Infirmary
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn
              Jack woke up in the Infirmary of the Mobsters headquaters. She went to sit up until a sudden swarm of pain filled her head and she found herself groaning back down to her lying position. "Urg... my head." she groaned as a nurse fumbled towards her and tsk. "Miss Jacqueline you can't be sit-" the Mobster glared at the nurse cutting her across with a "Don't start with the Miss s**t, it's just Jack." Jack said. "And how the hell did I wind up here? Last thing I remember that b***h Ky ripped my face open." Jack went to touch her cheek but the Nurse grabbed her hand
              "Well Jack that "b***h" probably saved your life. Sure we had to stitch up your face and it'll leave a nasty scar under your eye for a while but if it wasn't for heroic actions of stopping the blood flow, you'd probably be dead by now"

Jack's red eyes widened slightly at the sound of that... She hadn't for a MOMENT thought she was losing that much blood during the fight. So the b***h that disgraced her, also saved her... Jack felt anger and gratitude all at the same time. And her head swarmed again. "Fine, whatever, give her the ******** rep she deserves." Jack said deciding that while she was thankful, she wasn't about to let that show. A MAN wouldn't let emotions get in the way of the job. "And no lectures, the medication for the ******** headache and get me the hell out of this place."
              "Jacqueline, huh?"

Ky had to admit, she didn't much appreciate being called such names at the present moment. When she finally pushed herself off of the door frame and revealed herself, the changes she'd made were evident. For starters, her wounds were clean. She had significantly less physical markings than Jack did, having taken less permanent damage. Secondly, she was in a much more lighthearted an childish outfit. She was still a heroine, but now she was also wearing the look of a feline.

All of which probably made it even harder for Jack to take Ky seriously. But Ky couldn't care less. She adored her attire, and felt the urge to check on her family even if there was some animosity involved.

"I would advise you take your time. As my perfectly-ruined cape could tell you, you lost quite a lot of blood." Sorry 'bout that, she added silently.
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn

Jack's eyes sent a glaring look at Ky and the mobster's eyes flashed with anger. "That's not my name and I don't want you calling me it." Jack said with venom, ignoring the rush in her head to sit up and glare at the girl. The pain of the move took over the anger etched on Jack's face. She stared at Ky's outfit change, (Jack's) was obviously just a new white shirt, her jacket, vest and tie lay on the table next to her) and snorted a bit. [******** are you dressed up as?" she said raising an eyebrow. The Nurse made to push Jack back on the bed but a glare sent her way only made the nurse huff and move off to get the medication for Jack's pain.

"What take my time healing? I can do that in my room, thanks. I don't have to be here for everyone to see me get hurt right?" Jack moved her jaw uncomfortably. Talking was slightly painful now that the stitches had made her jaw stiff. "And I'm pretty sure you'll live with one less cape. Pay back for the s**t you did to my face." Jack was obviously in no position to start another fight so words was all she had at the current moment to use. They weren't much. Especially since the constant pounding in her head made train of thought hard to keep going. "What the hell brings you here anyway? Go gloat somewhere else, I don't want to talk to you." Jack turned her head to the nurse who came back with two pills and a glass of water. She grabbed the pills, popped them in her mouth and downed the water in the glass. The necromancer gave the nurse a thank-you nod and waited for Ky's response.
              "Oh? Clearly it is. But I won't argue with you about it. We don't want you passing out again, do we?" Interestingly, Ky sounded dead-serious about it, rather than teasing. It would seem that the heroine's mood had shifted near-completely. But such a shift was easy for a girl like Ky. Sometimes she swore her mood adjusted to her outfit. Or maybe it was just that she was nicer now that she had nothing to prove.

"I wear whatever I want. Today it's cat ears and a green cape. Hope that's not a problem." Ky's head followed the nurse's movements. She really wanted her to leave. Not because she needed to be alone, or thought the nurse was a pain, but simply because she couldn't help but feel very in the way. It was a very uncomfortable feeling for the heroine to cope with. Doing her best to stay out of the way, Ky squeezed her way over to the guest chair and took a place there, putting her chin in her hands and staring, wide-eyed at Jack like a five-year-old.

"Let's just say it's my duty as a heroine and leave it at that." No really. Don't make me elaborate.
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn

Jack was kind of confused by Ky's more serious tone. She expected the teasing, she expected to be treated like she was a little prima donna, teased that she had a name so FEMININE when she dressed so male. What she didn't expect was Ky's concern, and strait to the point way of talking. Jack stared at her for a moment, pondering the reason for the change before saying "It's not, not anymore." to close the case on what her name was.

The medicine was taking FAR too long for the necromancer's taste so she watched Ky explain the reason for her bizarre fashion statement. "Pfft. Cat ears. Never got the point of that s**t." Jack said grumpily, closing her eyes and messaging the painful parts of her head. She heard, rather then saw the Nurse go back towards her office and Jack was rather happy about that. She'd wait for the medicine to kick in then head back to her room.

When the mobster went to open her eyes again though, Ky was seated in front of her staring at her like something INTERESTING was going to happen. Jack gave the best glare she could with her condition. The reason that Ky was still here was rather stupid sounding. Heroine? Jack thought in her head with a snort. "I get it. Your thing is dress up like a 5 year old pretending they are superman, right?" the medicine had started up slightly and Jack could already feel the headache's edge coming off "You're in a MOB Ky, and you're trying to play hero? You're kind of batting for the wrong team."
              Jack's comment on the ears made Ky do none more than shrug. Being teased about her dress was not something new to Ky, nor was it something that bothered her. "I wear what I want. These were a gift." Though, she would have worn them just the same, gift or otherwise. Ky turned her head, watched the nurse exit, and then returned to smiling curiously at Jack. Actually, Ky hadn't stopped to consider her gender, or what she wanted to be identified. But had she really had time? Her first introduction was to this girl's zombies. This was probably their first formal meeting.

Those words, though. Ky's head lifted off of her hands slowly, and her smile faded to nothingness. Now, the necromancer had fallen onto something Ky took very seriously, and it could be seen in the expression on her face. "I may seem to have a childlike mentality in the way I dress and act, but let's get one thing straight: my heroism is no 'game of pretend'. I've fought off thieves and returned stolen goods. And soon, I'll be stronger than I've ever been before. I already told you: I earned my position through hard work, not by beating up random strangers on the street. The fighting I've done here is valuable practice. One can't call themselves a heroine without being willing to get their hands a little dirty."
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn
              Jack was surprised at the care and concern she had just let out. Maybe it was a way to say thank-you, by saving the girl from things she didn't want to get into. Or maybe it was Jack's subconscious telling her that this was the best way to rid herself of competition. Who knew? The only thing Jack knew at this point was that Ky's reaction brought Jack's ever looming anger right back out. The Necromancer's eyes snapped towards Ky at the answer and darkness that clouded her voice.

Jack suddenly felt floored. She had done something that she had only done very rarely, shown that she cared about someone other then herself. And Ky had done nothing but taken it with a grain of salt. Gone was the need to be grateful, Jack was almost sure she'd rather be dead then saved by this b***h. Death was a welcome embrace for her, she feared it not and while she had preferred breathing over the grave, she no doubt wouldn't accept it. Darkness flickered in the red eyes of the Mobster as she looked at Ky, her voice went suddenly going cold. "You honestly don't know s**t, do you?" Jack said her voice filled with hatred. "Are you so stupid that you don't recognize compassion when you see it? So caught up in thinking you're right in everything and just because I'm not perfectly human that I'm only trying to hurt you? Honestly, grow the ******** up." Jack sat herself up on the bed and leaned towards Ky with a venom in her red eyes "At first, no, I wasn't trying to get you out of my way. I was trying to thank-you for saving me, cause not many people would. I decided to look after YOUR safety, since you looked after mine. But now...? ******** you. If you think you'll make it to the top and come out alright, good ******** luck. You won't last three seconds. And when you get all destroyed and lose your mind, don't you ******** run your a** back to me. " Jack hated her emotions, hated that her caring side had come out again and only caused her grief. She had let her heart lead her head, thinking that maybe Ky was a good person after all and she didn't want to see another soul corrupted just as she had corrupted- No... it wasn't a time to even THINK of that. "I'd suggest you leave. Now." the idle threat was obvious in her last sentence. Leave before I MAKE YOU leave Jack only wanted to pound the s**t out of the girl in front of her right now for returning the feelings of guilt, pity and caring into her heart. But Jack was in no position to fight...
              Hook, line and sinker.

Ky didn't know how proud she could actually feel, though. This wasn't how she'd intended for this visit to go at all. Though... if an apology was what she'd come to deliver, she'd had her chance long ago, but wimped out. Perhaps this was entirely her fault? But she couldn't show guilt--not now. She could only curl her lips into a crooked smile as Jack spoke. Ky realized now that she had no choice: she had to be consumed if she wished to continue. And giving up now was not an option.

"Heh. Sweetheart, I'm not buyin' what you're sellin'." Ky pushed herself out of her chair and placed her hands on the bed next to Jack's shoulders and leaned over her, letting her own hair draw shadows on her face. "Give me a break. You're in no position to touch me right now. Which is a real shame." Ky stood again, raised her arms, and stretched, looking rather inappropriate, considering her dress. "You're an interesting creature, Jacqueline," she cooed. "If only you'd learn to shut that mouth of yours; I might would have let you."

Ky gave a faux-yawn and walked to the end of the bed, fingers tracing her path. She didn't intend to stay much longer, but she had no problem dangling the fact that she could in front of Jack's face before she left.
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn

Jack's magic unintentionally flared. Darkness seeped from her fingers, weaving strands of the black and purple shadows up and down her arm. Ky's position was first considered threatening, hence why the magic appeared in the first place but the words that left Ky's mouth faltered the anger into complete confusion.

She was so... close. Jack's heart suddenly skipped that beat again. "You're in no position to touch me right now. Which is a real shame.". Jack's words caught in her mouth, an odd feeling passed through her and she almost felt the need to pull Ky CLOSER. But she fought the feeling, which proved to be easy for the next words out of Ky's mouth was her "real" name. "Get the hell away from me." Jack said, pushing herself away from Ky as far she could. "My name is JACK. Not this Jacqueline s**t you keep saying. And I was trying to be nice but if you want me to be nasty, I'll be nasty." the magic flared slightly again. "True, I am in no state to touch you, but it doesn't take much out of me to summon something that does."

Jack was disgusted with herself. This girl was toying with her emotions, her passion, everything simply because the Necromancer barely knew how to use them. When was the last time she'd been this close to something ALIVE? But Jack HATED Ky... there was no way she could possibly be...?

No, Jack wouldn't let herself.
              That moment's loss of control... that gave Ky a wicked smile. It was Jack's dichotomy of dangerous and innocence that the heroine so loved to play with. She wanted to giggle, but she couldn't break her teasing with something so childish. Not now, anyway.

"Well it should be," Ky snapped. In just two motions, Ky looked Jack up and down and gave her a sly smile. "You make a much better girl."

The idea came completely out of nowhere. It was simple, and she was pretty sure Jack would take the bait. Ky sighed audibly and rolled her eyes, taking a moment to look at her fingernails. "Oh please, don't waste your energy. I want you to 'be nasty', yes, but not now. The next time I see you, I'll have gotten much stronger. But the next time I see you, Jack? You'd better be a King Crab. You're the only person I'm interested in fighting for my place as Cod Father. Got it?"

With that, Ky turned and waved briefly, leaving Jack to let the medicine do its work. She didn't really care what Jack's last words were. She just wanted to be ready for when they formally met again.
              MistressRosalyn
              Jack's face flamed a bright red, to the owners disdain. She turned her to the side and "tsked" trying to ignore the glance of the girl. The magic in her hand faded away as the girl fought to keep herself from reacting to Ky's movements. She felt as if she was being used for entertainment and she HATED it. "Bullshit" she spat at Ky, red eyes returning to her face, anger only being quashed by the blush still on her cheeks.

But looking Ky was probably the worst idea at that point. The flirtatiousness that Ky kept on pushing on her was driving Jack up the wall. She wanted... oh god dare she even fathom that? She hated Ky's guts but could NOT deny she was attractive. But Jack never went for the bossy types... She shook her head, the blush deepening at the words of the other female. "Shut up." she could only mange short phrase to keep the harsh sound in her voice. It was then that Ky mentioned her being a "King Crab" next time... Jack's eyes shifted back to Ky for a moment and even though her voice was shaking a bit she manged to spit out a "I'll stop you ever single step of the way." rather venomously. And with that Ky waved and walked out

Jack... laid beck slowly on her cot, the medicine have worked during their bizarre conversation. The nurse came out but Jack held out a hand to tell her not to talk. "I'll be leaving soon, and I don't give a damn what you say." she said.

And within a half an hour, with a yelling nurse behind her, Jack made her way back to her room.

Super Girl

12,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User ImageUser Image

Continued: Notable Posts
Things we've RP'd that just might help you understand them.

Return to the Infirmary: Roles Reversed
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              The medic. It was ten in the evening, and Ky was about done with laying around in a hospital-styled cot. That was a close fight she'd had this afternoon. She won, but only barely, and she was starting to think maybe she'd gotten rusty. It was possible. After all, that was the first fight she'd had in weeks. But despite the lack of company and challenges, Ky didn't think it was so lonely at the top.

In fact, she was hardly ever around The Family, off doing her own business, and never talking about her day. She seemed to come around as-needed, and she couldn't even be found in her normal spot in the Marketplace, watching over the citizens.

So where was she? Ky'd never tell, but for now all she wanted was to get back to it. She pressed her call light again and again, but no one came. "What the hell, guys?", she thought aloud. I'm not that roughed up. I need to get out of here!
              Whateven.

Jack couldn't sleep. Rather... she couldn't get her mind to shut the heck up for 10mins. It was part of her necromancer curse, she could hear the voices of souls calling form beyond the grave. Ok, no more like WHINING THEIR BEHINDS OFF beyond the grave. Seriously, the last voice Jack heard was moaning about unable to have ice cream. Yeah, ice cream Jack ground, flipped off the thin air and sat up in her bed. "This is ridiculous. I swear." she muttered under her breath, red eyes shifting over to the still form of Serenity in the bed beside her. "Glad you settled down for the night." the sarcasm was heavy in Jack's voice.

Well, the only thing Jack knew that could get her to sleep was a sleeping pill from the nurse in the medic ward. So, Jack jumped out of bed, grabbed her jacket from the chair, threw it on and started to head towards the medic ward. As she entered, she could see a light flickering in the distance. Someone was being impatient.

"Yo shrimp." Jack called towards the flickering light, unable to see who it was in the semi-darkness. "Stop flickering the light so much, ya gonna give me a seizure. Nurse is probably busy, so sit tight a minute"
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              That was not a person who needed to catch her in the act. Ky rolled her eyes, put down the call light, and sat up straight in her bed, managing a bitter smirk for the urchin who'd had the nerve to scold her.

"That's not my name or my title, Jackass, so I'm not interested in your 'criticism'."

Jack would soon learn that 'impatient' had been a generous adjective. Almost immediately, the call light was in the Cod Father's hands again, and it was going off like an alarm. "I've been waiting here for twenty-five minutes. Do you like having your time wasted, Urchin?"

Oh god, not her. Not when I have a headache

Jack's eyes narrowed as she approached a more distinguishable Ky, sitting in the bed, obviously healthy but a bit roughed up.

"Oh I'm sorry. Is Mrs. Shrimp a better title for ya?" Jack's tone was bitter. She didn't, and hadn't, approved of this Tier system for hierarchy in the mob. Usually your JOB list, not who you beat up, got you higher in the mob.

Jack watched the light go off like a strobe light again and the mobster laughed. "Twenty-five minutes? Ha, that's nothing. Go to sleep if you're so bored. Maybe it's about time you should learn not everyone is at your beck and call Ky." that familiar smirk appeared on the mobster's face. "Maybe I should go stall her a bit longer, that way you learn some damn patience. Cod Father are not, you're still nothing more then an over zealous kid in a place she doesn't belong. So... if you'd excuse me, I got some chatting to be doing." and Jack turned to walk towards the nurse's office.
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              "You know, I should commend you on that completely un-deserved superior attitude you've got going there; tell me, do you practice your lines before you show up, or have you really had your head up your a** long enough that you've convinced yourself that the sun shines out of it?"

Ky actually put the call light down for that one. She leaned forward and rested her head in her hands, giving Jack slow, deliberate blinks. To her distaste, the necromancer was actually trying to leave which was nothing short of insulting, really.

The rough sound of a clearing throat filled the room, and if Jack turned in time, she'd see Ky patting the bed space next to her. "No, actually, why don't you come over here and sit next to me? That way, when the nurse gets here, she can let me go, and you can have the bed so she can make sure your scar's healing properly." There was a little bit of extra emphasis placed on 'scar', as Ky squinted her eyes at her own zinger. She was really exasperated with Jack today--far from her sometimes-playful attitude she'd have in a lighter mood. "I may be a child in your eyes, but don't you dare forget your place. You're just a sore damn loser. I have business to tend to. So I have every right to be in a rush."

Oh... Jack could FEEL her pride being shot a bit with that one. She stopped in her walking, her face twitching slightly. "Bullshit." she said venomusly. "I deserve every single f***ing bit of superiority over you." she turned on a dime and glared at Ky "Because you are nothing more then a incompatant brat who's only been in this business for a few months. I got YEARS and YEARS of being don's right hand man's and successful job lists that make yours look like notes on refrigerators. the motion of "sit next to me" made Jack glare even more. "You wish."she snarled, her face twitching at the scar comment. "And my PLACE is ALWAYS above you. Whatever anyone says, you will NEVER be above me. Losing doesn't mean much to me, but you thinking you're better because you have some TITLE, does. When you have PROVEN you are actually decent in this place, THEN I'll let you have your place. Until then? You're garbage and you're always going to be GARBAGE. Jack could hear the nurse coming from behind her at that point. There was a motion with her hand and the nurse seemed to stop for a second.

"I just want a sleeping pill" Jack said calmly. "But I believe here, Ky is shaking a bit more then she should." concerned edged into her voice as Jack spun around to face the nurse. "Maybe the stress of her job is finally getting to her. That would explain the light flickering" she shook her head sadly. "Maybe a sleeping pill for her too?"

"Well... I guess it wouldn't hurt"

"Can't have the Cod Father out of commission now, can we?" but that comment was directed towards Ky.
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              "...Wow." She really blew her top there. It was actually very satisfying, seeing just how much the situation bothered Jack. Ky shook her head, mouth agape with just a hint of a smile, silent for a good half a minute, completely ignoring the exchange with the nurse.

"That's very sad. You know, you really are pathetic! I'd like to point something out to you Jack. I don't know how, but you've actually been living in the past for what? A thousand years, you claim?" Ky stopped to laugh light-heartedly, that childish demeanor Jack kept accusing her of having slipping out as she did so. "Pay attention! What I'm about to say may just blow your mind: You are not in any of those mobs anymore. I don't know what body-bag you most recently tore yourself out of to end up in this apparently 'inferior' mob here, but let me tell you something else: wether you like it or not, you're in a new set of rules, Jaqueline. Don Questy doesn't give a rat's turd about your 'extensive past'. It matters none here. And not a damn one of us are interested in your bitter, sore, stuck-in-the-past attitude. You have a problem with me being on top?" Ky paused, leaning even further forward so that she was now on her knees at the edge of her bed, head extended as far as it would go without her falling over. She licked her lips before she continued--the pause had obviously been added for dramatic effect. "Ya got two options: either take it up with Don Questy herself; or wipe your sorry a**, rise up the ranks, and prove your worthiness by actually beating me."

At first, Jack felt like she was going to murder. The energy from her hands that always started to form when she was pissed formed once more.How dare she... how... HOW DARE SHE!

But... it seemed that the anger evened out. For a moment her hand clenched, the magic bubbling around it and then her body relaxed, a small smile edged up on her face. Jack had... done what she had been taught the whole time, never let your anger get in the way of your job. She successfully channeled her rage into her smooth mannerisms... a deadly combination.

"Ann... I'd like those meds, now." the nurse had stood there watching Ky's exchange to Jack and Jack no longer wanted her to be there. Ann's protest was given a dark glare by the mobster and the nurse trotted off leaving the two of them alone.

Jack calmly walked up to the edge of the bed and began pacing in front of Ky"Ya know what... you got spunk kid. Lots of it. Might be how you made it this far and still are alive. I kind of like that about you, you run into danger to get the job done... but you know you got to get some things strait." Jack stopped moving and turned towards Ky, fixing her with a cold glare. Those eyes... were memorizing and terrifying all at the same time. "100. I've lived for a 100 years. If you're going to insult me, get it right. And guess what, it's EXPERIENCE. Sure, I might not have a new look on the this whole mobster thing, but the last time I checked... the buiness is the same IDEA." and Jack let out a laugh "And this mob isn't inferior, it ISN'T a mob. It's a hoax, Ky. A game. A game you've been playing for... what reason now?" Jack smirked and started to pace again, letting her words sink in for a moment. "Oh let me see... now why would a hero join a mob? Either she's REALLY hard on times, and according to the papers that's not true, or she's trying to figure something out." a dark chuckle but Jack didn't look at her. "Think I wouldn't figure it out, Ky? Think I wouldn't dig for dirt to lay on you? And you still think I'm living in the past, that I'm some deadbeat mobster who has past my prime?" a louder laugh "Oh Ky, I know so much more then you do, and I'm not even looking for the guy!"

Jack now looked away for a moment, out the window at the city. "This... isn't a mob. There are some great people here... but this ain't a mob. A mob is a "Family" a business that runs on respect, not a bunch of people fighting... and legit fighting, for spots. Sure, you fight, sure some are above others but if you do your damn job you're respected. Here?" red eyes peered back at Ky with venous in them "I'm told off by some little snotball who had more energy to play these stupid games then myself and is apparently above me. Never mind everything I've done for this mob, I'm not respected because someone decided ranks are the only title of respect. there was a sigh. "Preaching respect in a crime organization, just like the good old King use to do. Shame humans are mortal." and she full on turned around.

"So I have a question for you, hero.. what if I was suddenly in charge of this mob? Would you finally show me the respect I think I'm entitled too, the respect even the DON gives me, or would continue in your game of pretend and treat me like dirt because you can?" Jack got closer and closer to Ky, her voice softening to a whisper. "Or is this whole thing some veiled emotion... Tell me Ky is there something else you're not telling me?" Jack was inches from her face now, glowing red eyes piercing into her soul. There was a moment of silence, and the whole "humane" speech where it seemed that Jack spilled her feelings disappeared with the sound of a pistol cocking and the feeling of the cold metal barrel under her chin. "Ya know... I could kill ya right here and your title would mean nothing. You'll be nothing more then a corpse on this table. Nothing more then a countless face I've watched the life drain out of. You are messing with the wrong people Ky, this ain't the place for games. If you were in a REAL mob, one not needing to keep such a clean face, this attitude of yours would have had you killed already. So why don't I? Because you're too valuable." and Jack's voice got deadly soft. "And I like seeing you suffer more then I like letting you die." Jack chuckled and moved away from Ky, pocketing the gun. Ann had, at this time, returned back with the medication.

"Our Cod Father might actually be fine after all." Jack said smoothly, taking both pills from Ann. "I want you to clear her." Jack eyes fell back on Ky as she said her last sentence "I need her fit in a few days when I take that precious crown of hers right out from under her nose."
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              So Jack suceded in wiping the smile off of Ky's face. Already she was displeased--She'd failed to get the fellow mobster to continue blowing up. And Ky was no fool. In all the time she'd known Jack, she'd quickly gathered that she was more dangerous calm. But the heroine wasn't about to freak out just yet.

She watched.

It was tedious to keep her eyes on Jack's, particularly the way she kept moving. She was being dramatic, just as Ky had been earlier, and frankly it was pissing her off. She was silent and seething, too angry to be afraid, even though she knew she should have been. She was, effectively, busted, which was good for neither her mission nor her safety. But for a while, all Ky managed was to watch Jack, to get more angry, and take slow, deep breaths--particularly when the Stingray was right in her face.

Why did this person get to her so much? And why, suddenly, was Jack the one playing with her emotions? That had been the most fun thing about dealing with her: the way Jack fumbled when Ky got close had been an added bonus to beating her in a fight, and a big part of why Ky had gone to see her afterwards. Ky refused to fumble right now. And thankfully she had the skin tone she needed to refuse to blush. But damn, did this suck. Ky was in danger right now, and yet half of the things running through her mind involved wanting to pull Jack closer.

Busted. Twice over. Ky wanted to choke the b***h.

But as it happened, Jack apparently had a similar thought. The feel of the metal against her skin made her glare finally falter--just long enough to glance down at the silver pistol before meeting Jack's gaze once more. There was a look of absolute defiance on Ky's face, an utter refusal to be intimidated by a damn gun. It was too cheap for Ky to have any respect for. A gun to a girl in a hospital bed? How disgusting was that?

The gun pulled away with its owner, and Ky shook her head only slightly. She gave Ann a brief glance and returned her eyes to Jack almost immediately. It seemed her long-winded speech was over.

"You think I treat you like dirt? Well why don't we examine your attitude? Before you even met me you'd come to a decision about me. You spoke down to me just because I was above you in rank--never mind how hard I worked to get there. You have the nerve to demand that I respect you for things I couldn't have known you've done, for things that are irrelevant in this group, and despite the fact that on top of your superiority complex, you lost to someone you see as 'inexperienced and immature'. Your pride is in the wrong place. If I'm so inferior, you should be ashamed of yourself! Yet you walk around like you've accomplished something. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing to respect. Why should I treat you any better for accomplishments I have no proof that you've made, when you can't even offer the same for me when the evidence is right in front of your face? Why should I respect someone who only knows how to pull out a gun when they're pissed off? As far as I'm concerned, you shooting me doesn't make you any better. It just proves to myself and everyone else here that you're incapable of taking me down in any other respect and you know it."

Ky looked at her lap, now. Her shoulders shook ever so slightly, and a 'hic' sound could be heard coming out of her mouth. Was she crying? The heroine looked up, revealing such an assessment to be false. Once again, Ky was laughing, but this time, it was a low, dark, chuckle, that didn't seem very 'happy' at all. If anything, it was stressed, but Ky covered that with a smile.

"'I've been treating you like dirt.' What a load of bull. Any 'dirt' I've treated you has has been merely in response to the crap you give me every time you're within ten feet of me. I've been nothing if not generous to you. I saved your life. Welcomed you into my shop. I've even complemented you and visited you when you were sick. 'I've treated you like dirt'? Give me a break. I'm not the one going around digging into peoples' business, flaunting what I think I know, making rash accusations about some BS emotions." If anything, the only thing Ky would have admitted to was lust, but now Ky was too insulted to even humor that. "The only thing you need to know about how I 'feel', is exactly what I said to you in our fight. And oh do I look forward to whooping you again. And this time? Jack? You can rest assured I'll be leaving you on the ground."

Jack felt chills down her spine, her red eyes widened in a height of joy. Those looks, fear, defience, it excited her. It made her love her job, made her love what she did, made her realize she still had something about her... And because it was Ky, those joys were doubled. Ky, Ky. Does it seem like I honestly care about your opinion of me much anymore? Jack's voice was soft and smooth, with a hint of steel to it. "I have my ways kid, I use death to cause fear, and fear causes a lot of things to go my way. Obviously, you're too pissed to be fearing anything else by now but..." Jack shrugged. "I could take you down in other ways. I could easily do a lot more damaging things to you and your reputation. But none would be more SATISFYING then being able to have your corpse under my control."

Everything that Ky was doing was... interesting. Different, not exactly what Jack expected but it wasn't unpleasant. The laugh caused Jack to smirk, her voice only gathering a bit more of an amusing air too it. "Sure, kid, you got a valid point. You were nice, a little too nice... but why were you nice Ky? Your humanity showing through... or...? Maybe my other notion had some sort of context." Jack noticed Ann still kind of standing there and dismissed her with a look. "Digging into people's business is how this BUSINESS runs. I've got a past you'd love to explore, I have no doubt of it. If you want people out of it, don't leave a trail. I might not be 100% right, or... I might just not be telling you everything I know. the last couple comments though, made Jack almost grin with pleasure. "Oh, and BS emotion? Really now Ky. I... doubt that. Your body, it tells me otherwise." there was an rather attractive glower in Jack's eyes, an excitement that was hard to place where it was coming from. Almost a sick sadistic look, but it left chills down your spine. "Oh, and Ky... I wouldn't put any money on that, sweetheart." and with that, Jack turned tipped her hat and exited the medic ward.
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              Why did it feel so much as though Ky were being scolded by an instructor? She felt a timid 'No ma'am' in the back of her throat, but refused to let it out for obvious reasons. The heroine was seething. She just couldn't gain an inch right now. She wasn't pissing Jack off; certainly wasn't making her uncomfortable. Everything about Jack right now should have demanded that Ky abort and run away, but not only couldn't she... but for some odd reason, Ky wouldn't, either. All of her words were choked up somewhere in the back of her throat, and Ky just managed to glare at Jack. So far, nothing more came from the heroine, and it looked like, for once, she had nothing to say.

Just how exposed was she, exactly? Suddenly Ky felt like a picture book being given to someone way beyond that reading-level. Yeah, she wasn't doing a very good job of covering up her body language at all. She was shaking and breathing heavier, giving off signs of complete nerves, and yet she still sat here denying the apparently obvious. The hero took a deep, audible breath and clinched her fists. She'd had enough. It wasn't perfect, and she probably still had a little bit of a shaky voice, but at least Ky had managed to cover her tracks somewhat.

"And just what would you like to hear, hm?" Ky rubbed her face while she continued to speak in a faux-Southern accent, "'OOH, Jack, I'm so glad you figured me out, it's been just dreadful hidin' my feelin's from you!'?" And just like that, she dropped everything: her shoulders, her accent, and her voice. "Does that sound nice? Maybe you'd like me to spread open my legs, fan myself and swoon, 'Oh God finally, take me now!'?" Quite suddenly, Ky was on all fours, wagging her rear end and planting her face right in front of Jack's, licking her lips as part of the show. She seemed to slow down entirely, taking her time (in fact) to pull up right next to Jack's ear, flick it only slightly with her tongue, and whisper, "Would that make your evening?", in the most sensually soft voice she could muster.

She caved. Ky all-out shoved Jack away from her, neverminding the time or the place. "Well ******** you", she spat. "Get out of my face."
              Jack paused in her leaving. She could FEEL the turmoil from where she was standing, which still wasn't much more then a foot or so away from the bed. Her red eyes only alit on Ky once more, waiting for that response, whatever it was that was building up in Ky at that moment. But what Ky said rather caught Jack slightly off guard. Not exactly shocked, but rather a bit stunned, the Mobster blinked back confusion at the faux accent. Anger seethed a bit at that mocking, but she held it in, smirking instead. But it was Ky's next actions that Jack couldn't keep up her "not caring charade" A tint of a blush appeared at the "oh god finally, take me now" bit, which Jack hide with a snarl. "Keep your thoughts in your own head."she spat venomously. But before more words could come out. Ky was on all fours before her. Jack took a slight step back, when Ky's face was suddenly before hers. Red eyes widened slightly and Jack felt almost rooted to the spot. She couldn't help but glance Ky over, memorized by how close the other girl was to her. And then...

A soft groan, a shiver and Jack actually twitched when Ky whispered. Her form was breaking, bad. A hissing sound issued from her lips, as if it was the "s" on yes, but the rest of the word had not be caught. But suddenly Jack was sent reeling backwards, caught off guard by the sudden push from Ky.

Her mind screamed in protest. It had almost caved at that point, and to Ky that bodily responce was enough to prove her point. Jack felt the rage she was tryign to shove away awaken slightly and in one fluid motion Jack had Ky's neck in her hand. Black wisps of magic sunk into the girls skin and sheer agony coursed out of Jack and into Ky. "Don't you think for one moment you are in charge of this situation." Jack shoved Ky back onto the bed and towered over her, her face inches from Ky's "Don't forget I'm much stronger then you. Don't start something you can't finish." while the blush remained ever so slightly, there was a terrifying madness in Jack's eyes. As if you had hit the hardest core in her being, as if it took her every will NOT to murder Ky right then and there. And in a moment, Jack was rising up again, taking a few wavering steps away from Ky, her fists clenched as she fought off the massive emotional rush that went through her body.
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              She'd only been given a couple of seconds to smirk wickedly at Jack, but did Ky ever use them up. There was nothing that needed to be said, really. Nothing Jack could say could cover up the past minute's events; certainly nothing would take away their memory of it.

Unfortunately, as Ky had nearly forgotten, there was something Jack could do about her smile. It was gone the moment Jack's hands were around her throat. And although Ky still had her happy thoughts and her desire to dangle her brief victory over Jack's head, she couldn't maintain her demeanor at all. Her hands curled around Jacks, trying meekly to pull them off and failing. And as with before, there were tears. Ky had been completely shut up and she hated it, but at least she'd known now that she still had the ability to make Jack lose control, even if it was going to get harder every time.

Upon her release, Ky looked down at her lap as she rubbed her neck. They were both breathing heavily--recovering in their own ways from what had just happened. When she was ready, Ky looked back up at Jack and put her smirk back on; it almost seemed as though it had never left. The last of her tears dripped off of Ky's chin and the heroine made a chuckle.

"And you are?" Ky asked with a wheeze. "Look at you: you're an utter mess. And why is that exactly? Well let's see: judging by that rather pleading display you just gave me, I'd say you've been scolding me for something you requite, or, you're just that desperate for someone's touch, and I actually can't decide which option is more humorously pathetic!"

Ky didn't laugh this time. She just smiled at the woman before her, daring her to clarify or even deny her. Or better, maybe this time Jack would really leave, but this time with her tail between her legs, rejected by a woman she'd claimed to hate.
              Murderous thoughts screamed in Jack's head. Screamed so loud the mobster literally clutched at her head for a moment. Her vision focused on the floor and for a moment she saw a body there, cold lifeless body of a girl barely in adulthood. A gorgeous young women with a beautiful face... but her body was rigid and her eyes were empty.

Jack you promised me... You promised you'd protect me.

"No..." the groan was so soft, she doubt Ky heard her. Jack shook off the thought, her mind snapping to the present. The anger was still there but a tinge of despair clouded her face. Her eyes turned back to Ky...

And I failed you.

"Myself over you, obviously. You might change the course of this charade, Ky, but you never can dominate yourself over me." a soft sinister chuckle, came from the mobster "Though it seems you want to. Perhaps if you learned your place a bit more kid I might give you a bit more of what you want to see." a wicked smile appeared on her face "You want me to submit? To beg you to touch me, to beg you for something I haven't felt in so long? You can be suck a sucka can't ya? I congratulate you on learning how to manipulate lust. Bravo, you're like any other whore on the street. But if you are thinking I'm so pathetic... who are you to say that when you are the one demeaning yourself to start with?" Jack's question was posed with a light voice. A voice of velvet that Jack prized, a voice that with the right words could make you shiver with pleasure or fear.

While waiting for an answer, Jack pulled out something from her pocket. It was simple playing card, old and worn by the look of it. She fiddling with it in her hands for a moment, eyeing Ky before flicking it between her middle finger and pointer finger to an upright position showing the face of the card. A Jack of spades. "I haven't used it in a long time, this card. Perhaps when I fight you later, I might be able to use it again."
              MistressRosalyn
              Ky to the rescue
              Ky leaned forward in her seat, elbows on her knees, chin in her hands. She watched Jack (humored, but not particularly curious,) until she finally had her attention again. Ky's smile remained as Jack spoke, until finally Jack pulled the 'whore' card.

Suddenly Ky seemed... confused? Her lips curled up into an 'o', and she raised her head temporarily, giving Jack a distinct look of 'are you finished?' Her head collapsed right back into her hands when Jack pulled out the card. She could have sighed. Apparently not. Ky just kind of... took her time and eyed the Jack of Spades curiously. Really, she thought. A visual pun?

Now she really did sigh. "Oh, Jack. Jack, Jack." Ky batted her eyes and smiled again, not fazed for long. "Listen: as you just tirelessly accused, I'm a heroine. Have you seen how I dress? Have you seen how we dress? Do you honestly think I'm going to be against using my assets? Get real. I'm a philanthropist, not Dora the Explorer. No wait-she kind of dresses like a child-whore too..." The now-admitted heroine trailed off, tapping her lips as though she were trying to think of someone else to use as an example.

She wasn't.

"Do you know what? I'm not ashamed of myself. That's something you and I will never have in common. It doesn't hurt my feelings to be feminine, whorish, or a walking contradiction. I refuse to even be ashamed about the stupid things I feel." Ky slid forward some more, putting her arms between her legs. She was showing off unnecessary flexibility, but more importantly she was flaunting just how little she cared. It was a shame she wasn't wearing her cat outfit today. "But see, you get caught off guard, offended, and downright annoyed because you won't accept any of these things about yourself. It's why you're resorting to uncreative insults that mean nothing to me."

As she sat back up, Ky took a deep breath and rubbed her fingers through her hair. She didn't seem to need to look at Jack anymore. "As for your... card... I look forward to seeing it. You've always been full of surprises. So don't think I'm going to sit here and try to imagine what you can do with a piece of cardstock and fabric."
              Jack flicked the card back into her palm with a resonating noise. Her brow furrowed for a second before her unamused, uninterested eyes looked back up at Ky. "You honestly still believe that after what you've done?" there was a point to her face, the scar visible on the rather sallow skin. A dark chuckle escaped her lips "I didn't say it wasn inviting. I simple meant you shouldn't be proud of what any whore can do. It's not some big thing Ky."

It was as if Jack was finding peace in herself, as if the card, or maybe her thoughts, had stirred an eternal peace... "You missed the point kid, completely." her eyes shut with a sigh, and she missed the whole flexibility display. "Don't you worry if I don't accept aspects about myself. You aren't me. So stay out of it." the eyes snapped opened and furthermore clarified her last statement "You are beginning to bore me, Ky. That's what this card means." Jack turned it over and bit the corner of the card, letting it hang in her mouth slightly as a smile edged up on her face. "Look it up Ky. I want you to do that for me. Look up the murder of Officer Rottweiler, 1926, Applewood, New York. Should be a rather famous cold case. And you tell me what the trick is. As for now. I have some resting to do, and so do you. So, goodnight Ky, sweet nightmares sweetheart" and as if without a care in the word, Jack walked out (for real this time) of the Medic ward.

If Ky happens to look it up:

Rottweiler, Rex.
              Time of Death: Estimate, sometime around midnight.
              Cause of Death: Gunshot to the back of skull

Server fractures cranium. Four clean broken Rips, countless other fractures on others. Shattered Right shin, multiple fractures on left shin. Heavy marks around neck indicating strangulation.

Evidence: The only piece of evidence found at the crime seen was a Jack of Spades playing card. Weapons are no constant with earthly force.

Suspect: None.
              Case demeaned cold on the 1st of October, 1927.

Taking the Crown
              Ky to the rescue
              MistressRosalyn
              What had happened? Where was the spunky, neck and neck fighting she had had the first time she fought Ky? Was it really that easy? Did fighting with Blood all this time DO something? Or did Ky just lose her touch. Either way, when Jack was finally getting low on health... Ky was beat to hell. Jack gave a crazy smile her eyes widening with the excitement of being so close to taking Ky out. So with one last clench of her fist, a zombie came out of the ground and rooted the nearly dazed girl to the spot. Jack then stepped forward and pistol whipped her across the face, effectively making her slump strait into Jack's arm. She pulled her against her, her gun separate their bodies from one another and Ky could hear the pistol c**k as the barrel was against her stomach. "You've tortured me for so long Ky." Jack's mouth was so close to Ky's head it was practically against her ear. "This game in our heads... These emotions... why?" there was some venom in her words, Jack could feel her hand tighten around the gun as it jabbed a bit more in her ribs. "I'm done with you. So done. I'm done with what you do to me, I'm done with everything you make me remember when I'm trying so hard to forget!" her hand clenched down on Ky's shoulder so tight it was probably painful."You breathing... has lost all usefulness for me. So... I'm going to get rid of you before you can tear me apart." and without another word Jack fired the gun.

She felt Ky slump even more against her, felt the warm blood pool a bit on her hand due to gravity. Jack felt nothing for a moment, just like she always did when she took someone's life, and she stepped back and allowed Ky to crash unto the ground. But she knew that wouldn't kill Ky right away, that Ky would suffer before she died... she had... 15 mins? If Jack remember correctly. But Jack stared down at Ky... and her brain flashed... a lifeless corpse took Ky's place on a different street, on a different time...

"Jack! Please... I swear I had nothing to do with it!" the young girl backed herself against the wall, her blue eyes wide with fear.

A very angry Jack stalked down the alleyway and pressed one of her hand against the wall right above the girls head, her face inches from other girl. "Bullshit" she snarled. "I TRUSTED you, Senerity! I trusted you with everything, and here you go telling those ******** freedom fighters everything I ever told you!"

"I swear I didn't" the girl tried to slip back from Jack, but the necromancer held her up by he front of her dress.

"You play whore now, don't you? You lead me on and then you go sleep with that Ace sucker." Jack pressed her forehead against the other girls "So was it worth it? That one night where the two of you just went wild, ******** the s**t out of each, worth everything we ever had.?"

"Jack... please... we didn't-"

"BULLSHIT!" Jack nearly roared. "I TRUST YOU WITH EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING ABOUT ME! AND YOU... AND YOU DESTROY THE ONLY THING I'VE EVER HAD!"

Serenity was whimpering as Jack nearly tossed her back down the wall. The girl slipped to the floor as Jack turned away from her, clenching both fists to stop the wave of emotions.

"Jack..." the voice was so faint. "He found out himself... You have to believe me... after everything we've had."

"You breathing... has lost all usefulness for me." Jack said quietly." Jack's voice had gone like steel.

"No... Jack please..." the girl tried to stand up, as if to dash out.

Jack turned around suddenly and a shot rang out in the alleyway. Serenity crumbled forward... strait into Jack's arms. And as she fell, as the life drained out of her eyes, Jack caught her lips with her own. And one tear fell from the mobsters eyes...

And in another second there was a crumbled corpse on the ground and a Jack of Spade playing card besides her head.

One tear fell down from the mobster's eyes now but before Jack could let the memory's emotions interfere with now... She stooped down and placed a Jack of Spades playing card besides Ky's head.

"Why they hell did you always remind me of her?" she muttered to Ky's unmoving form before turning on her heel and walking away.

And from that moment on, Jack was the Cod Father... with some PRESTIGE in the damn place... Even if it meant she had to kill to get here.

But Jack didn't feel any better about it.
              Ky was barely there. She was barely there the entire time. And that's why... I lost... didn't I? There was no voice in her head to answer that. Only the grip of yet another zombie; one tight enough to separate the heroine from her pitchfork. She had her answer when it clanked to the ground. And before she had the chance to try to look at Jack again, her face was burning, her lip was busted, and she could vaguely tell that there was cloth under her cheek.

Jack was... talking. Monologuing, more like... and Ky really did try to listen. She didn't know what she hoped to hear, but, she'd known that a loss wasn't going to come without gloating. When she realized though, that gloating wasn't what Jack was doing, she struggled against the shooting pain in her neck to look at the mobster. What... was she saying? Wh-

And there it was again: the all-too familiar feeling of a barrel against her body. This time though, it came with pain--enough to make Ky wonder if she'd ever witnessed Jack so pissed, and if not, why was it coming out now, when she'd emerged victorious? The heroine wanted a lot of things right now. She wanted the nerve and physical ability to answer Jack's question, for one, even if it was rhetorical. She'd have liked to ask why the victor was doing this, secondly, even if she knew for herself why that was. She wanted to be let go of, too, so she could curl up into a ball and start her own forgetting process.

Jack gripped her so tight that it elicited a sound that didn't quite make it from a moan to a full-on scream... and then a whine... and a barely-uttered "plea..." that would have been just as useless even if Ky had managed to finish the word.

This was not how Ky'd imagined she'd face death for the first time. She'd thought maybe she'd so something silly like fall down a flight of stairs after tripping on her cape, because, you know, she was that kind of clumsy. Or maybe, more appropriately, she'd have been assassinated for her good deeds, like Martin Luther King, or the Kennedys. Or, at the very least, she'd have died trying to take down the Inspector. That would have been acceptable.

But no, that wasn't what Ky got. She was handed a combination of sharp pain and blistering heat, that didn't do her the favor of passing as the bullet had. Her face was planted into the chest of her killer--a woman she'd dared to think she could love and hate at the same time and walk away from unscathed--until she slid, finally, onto the ground she'd wished for only seconds ago, curled only barely, and sputtered out blood over Jack's confounding last words.

A Jack of Spades. Ky eyed it, pained in more ways than she could count, until the new Cod Father finally left her to die. With a groan, she picked it up between two fingers and cried at it before curling it into a ball. When her sadness finally curbed into anger, Ky made the decision: she wasn't going to die here. She refused.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff