Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Conversationalist

User Image

██████ ██████████ ██████████████ ()

This is a Snake_in_my_Boot production

Inspired by DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and Pixie's original RP

The level of this roleplay reaches Literate to Advanced Literate which is over 9,000!!

Main thread graphics done by Petite Hibou the Great

Stay connected with the OOC Thread and the Profile Thread

We are currently Open and Accepting

██████ ██████████ ██████████████ ()

User Image

x x WHAT A SHAME WE ALL BECAME SUCH FRAGILE, BROKEN THINGS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA xxxmemory xxx remains xxx just xxx a xxx tiny xxx spark xxx I xxx give xxx it xxx all xxx my xxx oxygen, so xxxlet xxx the xxx flames xxx begin
xpetitehiboulalalallalaxxxxxxxxOH, GLORY xxx OH, GLORY xxx THIS xxx IS xxx HOW xxx WE'LL xxx DANCE xxx WHEN ↷ W-WHEN xxx THEY xxx TRY xxx TO xxx TAKE xxx US xxx DOWN

xxxxxpetitehiboulalalalaxx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇
petitehibouSOMEWHERExxx WEAKNESS xxx IS xxx OUR xxx STRENGTH

All throughout history, stories have been told of human beings possessing incredible abilities that make them larger than life. We’ve all heard of the tales of Hercules and his twelve labors, Rama’s battle to save his wife from the demon king Ravana, and the epic of Gilgamesh. Little do we all know, those stories actually happened though they might not have happened exactly how they are told today. Superhuman abilities have been present throughout the ages. Storytellers have passed this information down through generation after generation even though now they are seen as mere fantasy. It wasn’t until recently when people started to see these miraculous events for themselves. The year 2015 can be stated as the first time in the twenty-first century there has been a modern day record of such an event. A time traveling teenager was found just outside of Hill Valley, California. Soon after that, more and more cases began springing up all across the globe. A young woman in Maine could change the weather depending on her mood. A twelve year old boy in Spain was found walking on the ceiling of his bedroom. This new group of people was given the name Homo Sapiens Superior and then man who found the specific gene that they all possessed called it the Eximus Gene.

Only a few years after those first few incidents, it was predicted that over a fifth of the population possessed the Eximus Gene and exhibited these abilities everyone was calling Superpowers. These so called “Supers” could be found in nearly every nation on the planet. Super powered vigilantes began revealing themselves in every major city, protected the public with their own brand of justice. Crime rate started to plummet at first until the emergence of super villains with their own different view on their amazing abilities. Soon heroes and villains could be seen fighting it out with each other every other night. Evil scheme would get foiled and innocent people would be saved from harm’s way. The American government had been on the fence from the start. Frequent debates were held on whether these super powered people were more of a liability than an asset. Every incident where some villain threatened to blow up an entire city block for their own personal gain pushed these people closer to making a desperate decision for their people’s wellbeing. In August of 2019 the super villain known as Destructo, a man capable of wiping an entire country off the face of the map, demanded that the United States government put him in charge as their leader. It took a British team of super heroes calling themselves Delta Squadron to end the threat before Destructo could destroy North America. Though the day was saved thanks to this bunch of super powered persons, what was stopping any other villain from holding an entire country hostage?

January of the following year brought a US government mandated an act that all persons possessing the Eximus Gene and/or super abilities of any kind must register with the federal government, reveal their true identity if they hadn’t done so already, and undergo proper training and supervision. The act was met with opposition almost immediately. Superhuman rights protests erupted all across the country. People felt that this went against civil liberties to the highest level. On the other hand, some felt it was a responsible obligation for all superhumans acting outside the law. Even members of the superhero and supervillain communities were split into opposing groups on the matter. Unfortunately this all led to a war between opposing sides, cementing the governments belief that these superhumans needed to be controlled. Peaceful protests soon erupted in violent ones after a young man was shot and killed during one in Baltimore, Maryland. All the chaos surrounding this registration act brought the US government to the decision that all superhuman persons be put into government regulated internment camps. This decision too was met with heavy opposition, but their decision would not be changed. Everyone with the Eximus Gene was taken to these camps scattered across the country whether or not the exhibited superhuman abilities. Protests in other countries like Canada, the United Kingdom, and Russia eventually led to those governments coming to the same decision. By the year 2020, almost all persons with the Eximus Gene were rounded into internment camps. When things looked like they could not possibly get any worse for this percentage of the population, the supervillain Destructo surfaced again. This time he threatened to eliminate all of Europe if the internment camps didn’t release their prisoners. The United Nations met as soon as possible and horrifically came to a unanimous decision to execute Order 33. November 5th of 2021 marked the genocide of the species Homo Sapiens Superior.

Several decades have passed since that tragic day, and the world has gone back to the way it was before the emergence of the Eximus Gene. The tales of superheroes and villains once again became nothing more than just tales and legends. Everything started functioning exactly how it used to. The world’s governments refuse to submit to the public any details concerning the Eximus Gene and the crises that came from it. The globe’s nations went about their business like nothing had happened; expanding, trading, and advancing. Without a deterrent on the same level as having superhuman vigilantes patrolling the night, crime rates began rising just as they had before. While advances in technology made simple things in life much easier, those unable to afford it experienced a decrease in the standards of living for some people. Huge cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York City grew tremendously. The gap between the rich and the poor stretched uncontrollably. People demanded that the officials they elected to office do something for them. Once things started getting out of hand, the US government finally took the time to do something about it. Doctor James Lombardi proposed that they harness the power of the Eximus Gene and create their own batch of superhumans, who they could control with complete obedience. After years of trying to convince them, he was finally granted complete government funding for the project. He spent hours upon hours trying to manipulate the genes so that he could harness it in some way. Failure after failure started to discourage the research team employed to help Dr. Lombardi with the work.

All their effort was finally brought to fruition once Doctor Mary Morgan was attached to the project. With her help, Dr. Lombardi was able to crack the genetic code and harness the mystery of the Eximus Gene. Further tests helped refine their work until they felt it could not be improved upon. The first few phases of testing proved problematic, and the reports were of the sort not many people were allowed to see. Something was still missing. Around this time, the long thought vanished Eximus Gene was starting to pop up in less than one percent of the human population. The two doctors brought one of these people in and tested their formula. Like they had hoped, this person was given superhuman abilities beyond their imagination. Thus it was concluded that their formula would only work on the few lucky enough to possess the resurfacing gene. The government searched far and wide for all persons in possession of this gene and the two doctors were allowed to select a small group for their project. They contacted fifteen young adults between the ages of nineteen and twenty-five from varying walks of life and asked them to volunteer for what was now being referred to as Project Alpha. Eight males and seven females were chosen, all but one were partnered up with a member of the opposite sex. Only a few weeks into the initial stages of the project, the government second-guessed themselves. They pulled the plug on the experiment, destroying all evidence connected with the experimental project. To be honest, they were afraid that these new supers would just turn out like the heroes and villains of the past.

Dr. Lombardi did not take this as professionally as one would have thought. Having spent all of his life’s work on Project Alpha, he had become obsessed with creating the next generation of supers. How could they have just shut everything down like that? This had to be a personal attack on him. They could not do this to him; he wouldn’t let them. Back at his own personal lab, Dr. Lombardi convinced Dr. Morgan to continue the project in secrecy. They called back all fifteen of the volunteers and continued the experiments. Each volunteer was trained to be the perfect specimen, and gained extraordinary powers once the Eximus formula was administered. Those who were partnered with each other experienced a strong emotional connection between each other; a bond that allowed them to feel each other’s feelings. Seven of the volunteers were treated specifically by Dr. Lombardi while Dr. Morgan took care of the other eight. Unfortunately, the good doctor had some scheme of his own planned. The seven volunteers he had selected as test subjects were of the more villainous variety. It was not hard for him to get them to agree with him that they needed to strike back at the government. Dr. Morgan and the volunteers she had selected did not agree with their colleagues which unfortunately led to a lab room brawl that ended with the entire placed destroyed and the two doctors killed in the crossfire. Without anyone around to give them orders, the villains left the lab and the heroes behind.

Our story takes place in the year 2052, two years after the volunteers split into heroes and villains. The government obviously has caught on by now, seeing as the two groups like to butt heads every now and then in the city streets. They do not believe they can trust either group, not even the heroes. All things eventually go sour when supers are involved. For a while their stance was just to let the two groups destroy each other, but now they are starting to take matters into their own hands. Not only do the heroes have to worry about criminals and the villains, they have to watch their back for government intervention as well. Both sides happened to inherit the fortunes of both scientists who selected them for Project Alpha, so they never had to worry about a place to live. The heroes live together in a rather large seven-bedroom house far from Centennial City while the villains have opted to live individually around the city. Although majority of their time is taken up by defending the city from the forces of evil, some of the heroes decided that it would be best if they took up alter-egos in order to find work. Of course the villains don’t see the point in working; they just take whatever they want with their new awesome powers. Though both sides have managed to live this way for two years now, pressure from the government has become much harder to handle. An attack is imminent, the supers just don’t know how soon and how devastating. Meanwhile, news of The Madman's sinister plans coming into play soon have reached the ears of the heroes. Nobody is sure what his scheme will be, but the gang activity around the area is starting to change. If they don’t want to be caught off guard, then they better start doing something about it. The fate of Centennial City just might hang in the balance.

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA xxxmemory xxx remains xxx just xxx a xxx tiny xxx spark xxx I xxx give xxx it xxx all xxx my xxx oxygen, so xxxlet xxx the xxx flames xxx begin
xpetitehiboulalalallalaxxxxxxxxOH, GLORY xxx OH, GLORY xxx THIS xxx IS xxx HOW xxx WE'LL xxx DANCE xxx WHEN ↷ W-WHEN xxx THEY xxx TRY xxx TO xxx TAKE xxx US xxx DOWN

xxxxxpetitehiboulalalalaxx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx ▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇ xx▇▇▇▇

Oh heaven forbid, the rules aren’t in list form! What ever shall we do? Read them, that’s what we’ll do. First off I’d like to remind everyone to follow the principles set forth by the Gaia ToS. Yeah remember when you checked the box saying you’ve read and agreed to them? I sure hope you read them or at least know of them. We wouldn’t want one of those pesky Gaia moderators snooping around and banning people now would we? I didn’t think so. I doubt this will be a problem seeing as we are all literate RPers here. Well this is a literate to advanced literate roleplay if we were going to rank it, which means you are expected to be able to come up with at least four detailed paragraphs for each of your posts. We all understand writer’s block, but you still need to try to give your fellow RPers something to work with. There is nothing more frustrating than replying to posts that give you little to work with. Let’s try to avoid keyboards, books, dictionaries, chairs, and small animals from being thrown out of frustration.

Alright, so I’m sure we’ve all seen those players who just can’t help but godmod and/or powerplay. None of us want to be those people, and you are one of those people perhaps you should turn around and leave now without reading the rest of this prompt. Now that the creepy guy in the back that has been staring at the back of your heads this whole time is gone, we can continue. Let’s all be respectful of everyone here. You may not like someone and/or their character, but that doesn’t give you the right to cause trouble outside the roleplay. Also, let’s keep this thing pretty PG-13. I know there will be drama and romance, both highly encourage, but let’s not do anything your grandma wouldn’t do. What? Your grandma has done what?! Well then, let’s not do anything my grandma wouldn’t do thank you. Unfortunately I don’t think there will be any killing of other main characters, seeing as they all are so intertwined in the storyline. If someone wants out and/or their character killed off, then they can contact me via PM or profile comment and we can figure something out. Another big rule is that when deciding to join this roleplay, be sure to remember that this is long term. Everyone will be sticking around for quite some time. This isn’t one of those roleplays where you can just join up, take a spot someone else could have had, and never post. You better walk out now if you have any doubt about staying in this long term. Just saying.

Alrighty then, where was I? Oh yes, still on the rules. How many of you are still following this anyways? If you have lasted this long without moving on or falling asleep, then highlight the reservation form paragraph. I won't be accepting any profile applications without a reservation form filled out and turned in first. Send all reservation forms to me via PM with the title "Stand As One". Once you've sent in your reservation, I will give you the go ahead to start working on a profile. Remember there is a time limit to how much time you have to work on them. They are pretty simple so I hope nobody takes longer than needed. Of course I have the right to deny you, either during the reservation or profile process. I also have the right to ask you to change any mistakes, inconsistencies, or any other things I may find wrong with your profiles. Let's just hope I have to sit here and nag you continuously until you make the requested changes. I've dealt with a few people like that before, and trust me it's no fun at all. I have pre-selected a model for each role. Please do not send me any complaints because I don't want to hear it. Another big thing is I'd like everyone to remain active in the OOC/Discussion thread we will have set up. I know sometimes we get shy or are to busy to deal with such things, but I think it is greatly needed for this RP to function well. All our characters are intertwined in some way, so there should be no problem with people feeling left out. If you just happen to be going somewhere out in the middle of nowhere without any interweb access, please just let me know and we will deal with your character accordingly. Don't worry, I won't make them do anything you wouldn't let them do while you are absent. I am a firm believer in sticking to character, and so should you. Well, I think that's it for now. I may add something here later on, but I'll let everyone know of any changes going on outside the story. Any questions you may have feel free to ask and can either be asked in the OOC Thread or via PM. Alrighty, now that this is done, you can move on to things more exciting. I hope everyone who joins gets as excited as I am. Let's have a blast!

User Image

Introducing The Leader!
                                                User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image
                                                Played By: Gaius Charles
                                                XXXX Gideon Marrien Jameson
                                                XXXX Twenty-Five
                                                XXXX Valiant | Considerate | Experienced
                                                XXXX Metal Skin
                                                XXXX Forest Green and Peru
                                                This young man has always had a strong sense of the line between right and wrong, so it was no surprise that his team members would elect him as their leader. Leadership fell into his hands after the murder of both scientists and he has no trouble stepping up when he has to. He happens to be the grandson of Doctor Mary Morgan. Now you might be asking yourself how she could let her own grandchild be part of such an experiment as Project Alpha. In truth, he argued his way into it. He wanted to be a volunteer; he wanted to help his grandmother out. He was one of the first volunteers to be accepted on the spot and immediately paired with The Flirt. Since then he has developed feelings for her but refuses to make a move since he doesn't want to put her into harm’s way for being the "leader". Though they usually butt heads during team decisions and don’t agree with some of their individual actions, he and The Loner have built up a strange sort of respect for each other.
                                                Montferer - Maestro

Introducing The Flirt!
                                                Played By: Brittany Snow
                                                XXXX Aubrey Renae King
                                                XXXX Twenty-Four
                                                XXXX Flirtatious | Outspoken | Spirited
                                                XXXX Concussive Beams
                                                XXXX Medium Violet Red and Khaki
                                                To be honest, it is not actually known why this attractive young woman decided to volunteer for Project Alpha. Nobody really took the time to sit down and discuss it with her during the testing, but all in all she accepts her responsibility as a hero with great strides. She is rather flirtatious and isn’t afraid to lead the team by her partner’s side. She basically is the female voice of the team, letting everyone know exactly how she feels about every decision made. It is pretty obvious that The Leader has feelings for her, and she likes to toy with him in a playful manner though it probably kills him when she does. The Loner gets on her nerves most of the time, and she just doesn’t understand his insubordination half the time. Her best friend just happens to be The Dreamer and she has no problems helping her with all sorts of things, especially guy trouble. Lastly, her younger brother is in fact the same The Pessimist who joined up with the villain half of the group. She hopes to show her brother the light one day before he falls to deep into the dark.
                                                L Archal

Introducing The Loner!
                                                Played By: Andrew Cooper
                                                XXXX Wyatt Joseph Grant
                                                XXXX Twenty-Three
                                                XXXX Calculating| Antisocial | Independent
                                                XXXX Superhuman Reflexes.
                                                XXXX Dark Cyan and Dim Gray.
                                                Before signing up to become a volunteer for Project Alpha, this young man was close to completing his Master’s Degree at Centennial State University. Ever since he was a little boy he knew his major would be Science and Engineering, which easily translated into him becoming the brains for his team. Half the time he can be found sitting behind the team’s incredible computer system, providing everyone with the intel needed to get their jobs done. This makes the team feel he is rather antisocial, though they are fairly right. His intelligence is absolutely amazing and surpasses many, yet he is totally oblivious to the crush his partner The Dreamer has for him. All he sees is she was made his partner and that they work well together. In fact, he was never quite good when it comes to the ladies. Back in college he happened to date The Jewel Thief for a few years, but she left him because he never really opened up to her after being together for so long. His fellow supers find him a bit insubordinate since he rarely follows orders if he feels his way is superior, but he still respects The Leader for the role he has been thrust into. Shortly after the horrible incident the team doesn’t like to speak about, The Heartbroken came to him and asked to be his sort of apprentice. Every chance given, they go down to the lower levels to train together.
                                                Snake_in_my_Boot

Introducing The Dreamer!
                                                Played By: Lyndsy Fonseca
                                                XXXX Sybil Rose Beckett
                                                XXXX Twenty
                                                XXXX Benevolent | Vivacious | Idealistic
                                                XXXX Telepathy/Telekinesis.
                                                XXXX #B4CDCD and Dim Gray
                                                Many people would question why someone would drop their current life and volunteer for a life changing project. Wouldn’t you if you were guaranteed complete financial aid? Housing, dental, health care, and a full ride scholarship to the school of your choice; all were promised to this young woman if she joined Project Alpha. Things were kind of heading downhill for her, so there was no way she would pass up such a deal. She is always looking towards the future no matter what predicament she finds herself in and this government funded experiment seemed like the easiest way for her to step towards her goals. When around the rest of her fellow supers, she tends to act as the team mediator. Everyone else seems a little more argumentative and she finds herself usually the one to break up disputes. Though she wasn’t quite thrilled to be partnered up with the man known as The Loner at first, she quickly developed a major crush after actually getting to know him. It pains her greatly that he doesn’t see it even when the other team members say it’s obvious. Her best friend is of course The Flirt who isn’t afraid to tell her how it is. She does get a little upset that her best friend is so into her problems, but she has no clue what she’d do without the girl.
                                                Petite Hibou

Introducing The Hyperactive One!
                                                Played By: Calvin Harris
                                                XXXX First Middle Last
                                                XXXX Age (19 - 23)
                                                XXXX Three or more adjectives
                                                XXXX Teleportation
                                                XXXX Posting Colors
                                                Of course a young man seeking a new thrill and copious amounts of excitement would volunteer to become a test subject for Project Alpha. He basically sprinted down to the lab immediately after being contacted by Dr. Morgan. Though obviously the most enthusiastic one, the researchers initially believed his hyper activity could interfere with their experiment. Dr. Morgan eventually convinced her colleagues that he was totally fit for the experiment, and he was allowed to participate in Project Alpha. The rest of the team likes to tease him for being partnered with The Quiet One but opposites do seem to attract since the two have been in a relationship since the project was started. Some members of the team may find him annoying though it does not phase his delivery of comic relief during the most inappropriate times. It is usually a bit awkward for him when the heroes arrive to fight off whatever scheme the villains have planned because he and The Hacker have been childhood friends since the third grade. He just can’t get over the fact that she too volunteered and joined the baddies. He just distracts himself from thinking about her reasons by picking a bone with The Assassin.
                                                Username

Introducing The Quiet One!
                                                Played By: Koharu Kusumi
                                                XXXX Takahashi Aika
                                                XXXX Twenty
                                                XXXX Intelligent | Kind | Hard Working | Socially Stunted
                                                XXXX Animal Morphing
                                                XXXX Olive Drab and Hot Pink
                                                Becoming a volunteer really wasn’t her own choice. She reluctantly decided to participate in Project Alpha because of her older brother. He desperately wanted to join the government funded experiment and talked her into going with him. She probably would have backed out of the project if she had known her brother was going to join the villain’s side as The Assassin. This young woman is quite the sweetheart, and looks out for the wellbeing of her entire team. Though she isn’t the most agile or strongest member of the heroes, she makes up for it with effort. It does take a special kind of person to deal with a partner like The Hyperactive One on a regular basis. In fact, she is in a relationship with the overly enthusiastic young man. The rest of the team get a little bit bothered that she doesn’t talk that much during team meetings, and are usually surprised when she speaks up. The Heartbroken One has been trying to break her out of her quiet little shell because she really does bring more to the team when she involves herself. There’s nothing to be ashamed of, except not telling the team your brother is a villain.
                                                Knightly Failure

Introducing The Heartbroken!
                                                Played By: Jaime Alexander
                                                XXXX Cassia Josephine Reyes
                                                XXXX Twenty-Three
                                                XXXX Determined | Candid | Obstinate
                                                XXXX Pyrokinesis
                                                XXXX #388E8E and
                                                Volunteering for Project Alpha was entirely her own choice, though there have been many times she regrets it. Being partnered with another young volunteer was one of the best things to happen to her. He was tall, handsome, and genuinely sweet. They had immediately clicked and were relieved when they were partnered up during the experimentation. Unfortunately, her partner was brutally killed by The Madman during a fight between both groups of supers. She never has really been the same since then. The rest of her team tries to comfort her whenever they think she is dwelling on the past, but she’s strong enough to handle her own feelings. The only other hero on her team who she feels shares the same thoughts on how to deal with the villains is The Loner, who she has begun training with on a regular basis and is actually getting to know better. Being mentored by him is an easy distraction to take her mind off other matters. The Conniver has been recently putting himself out there to get her attention. This has made her rather confused and she figures he has evil intentions, but that doesn’t stop her curiosity from wanting to get the better of her.
                                                KaraTheStar

User Image

Introducing The Madman!
                                                Played By: Adam Levine
                                                XXXX Jackson Tyler Bolero
                                                XXXX Twenty-Five
                                                XXXX Cold | Narcissistic | Conniving | Intelligent
                                                XXXX Power Mimicry
                                                XXXX Dark Red and Dim Gray
                                                At first the researchers of Project Alpha were rather confused as to why a person such as this young man would want to participate in such an experiment. With such a high chance of failure, why would you risk throwing away your life of wealth and privilege? He was born into a family where his father inherited a multi-million dollar company from his grandfather who in turn inherited it from his father and so on. All his life this young man was given everything he could ever possibly need, so it was a bit confusing as to why he’d want to give it all up. Everyone has their reasons, and not a single soul knows this man’s true intentions. Not even his partner The Temptress could tell you what was going through this cold and calculating young man’s head at times. He always has a plan for something, and never stops until he gets what he wants. Perhaps that is why his fellow villains did not hesitate to elect him as their leader. Being the master mind behind the operations means he finds himself trading punches with The Leader of the heroes, who he believes is much weaker than they’d want you to believe. That do-gooder will never reach his full potential going the route he is now. He finds it rather amusing that The Heartbroken is so set on getting revenge on him. A little while ago he just may have been the one responsible for her partner’s death and now she is hell-bent on getting even.
                                                Snake_in_my_Boot

Introducing The Temptress!
                                                Played By: Cassie Ventura
                                                XXXX Kesara Ava Jaxson
                                                XXXX Twnety-Three
                                                XXXX Fearless | Seductive | Opinionated
                                                XXXX Pheromone Manipulation
                                                XXXX #821c4a and #8a4c41
                                                Fortune and fame were the two main reasons this young woman was interested in Project Alpha. All her life she wanted to be the girl in the spotlight and this new experiment would be the life changing event that would definitely get more than a foot in the door. She was an easy pick for the researchers simply because they couldn’t keep their eyes off her. Of course, she’s always used her attractiveness to her advantage. It was the easiest way for her to get ahead in this world. During the testing phase of the project, she was partnered with The Madman. Immediately she took a liking to him and his ideals. It was not a hard decision to side with him when the two groups split from each other. She’s always been considered a bad girl and the villains are just so much more fun. Out of all her fellow villains, she enjoys her time when she is with her good friend The Jewel Thief. Bad things happen when those two get together, but they say they’re just having some fun. When it comes to the heroes, most of them annoy her with their goody-two-shoes attitudes, but one does stick out from the rest. The Dreamer just makes her absolutely mad whenever she sees her, and she really doesn’t know why herself. Maybe they just got off with a bad start the first time they met.
                                                the little zerebra

☠ Introducing The Pessimist!
                                                Played By: Charlie Hunnam
                                                XXXXFirst Middle Last
                                                XXXXAge (19 - 23)
                                                XXXXThree or more adjectives
                                                XXXXIce Manipulation
                                                XXXXPosting Colors
                                                Almost everyone was confused as to why Dr. Lombardi would choose this troubled young man for the project. None the other volunteers had such an extensive record as this guy. He has been caught multiple times for breaking and entering, theft, and drunk/disorderly. There was even one count of assault/battery. Everyone wonders how this young man could become so bad. His sister The Flirt is considered an angel compared to him. You could blame it on falling in with the wrong crowd or his addiction to the bottle, but it actually goes back to his parents. They unfortunately started giving more attention to their pristine daughter once he started to become a little too much for them to handle. It all went down from there really. The researchers partnered him up with The Jewel Thief and the two get along pretty well. At least he doesn’t completely hate her like he feels towards almost everyone else, even some of his fellow villains. The only other person he actually enjoys spending time with is The Hacker. She’s kind of the only friend he has or the only one who tolerates his attitude. They kind of share the same views on things, though hers may not be as extreme.
                                                Username

Introducing The Jewel Thief!
                                                User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                Played By: Deborah Ann Woll
                                                XXXX Lana Marianne Bennet
                                                XXXX Twenty-Four
                                                XXXX Proud | Playful | Bold
                                                XXXX Phasing
                                                XXXX #E06428 and #9E1C48
                                                Around the time she was asked to volunteer for the secret government experiment, this young woman was working her way through school at Centennial University. Though she worked and went to school, she still found the chance to have a rather crazy social life. College really wasn’t her main priority at the time unfortunately, and her grades somewhat reflected that. Her parents told her she either go to college or get a job for rent, so she took the academic road. A few of her friends actually set her up a few years back with The Loner who she previously had a few classes with. Their relationship ended after a few months prior to Project Alpha, so seeing him volunteering as well brought back a few old emotions. In fact, if it weren’t for the whole heroes and villains split, she would probably still be good friends with him. The scientist partnered her up with The Pessimist. What she calls his “depressing attitude” actually amuses her quite a bit. She likes to tease him about his outlook on the world whenever given the chance. She absolutely adores The Temptress and considers her a great friend. What they call having a good time can be considered by most as criminal behavior. Everyone beware when these two ladies team up together.
                                                bunnilover

Introducing The Assassin!
                                                Played By: Daisuke Ueda
                                                XXXX Hayato Takahashi
                                                XXXXTwenty-One
                                                XXXX Intelligent | Silent | Shy | Tactical
                                                XXXXShadow Manipulation
                                                XXXX Dim Gray and Black
                                                This guy is usually referred to as the ghost. Half the time people rarely even notice or remember he is there since he’s so stoic. Even his own teammates forget he’s with them sometimes. Its not like he doesn't talk amongst his colleagues, he's just usually too wrapped up in whatever is going on in his mind. The researchers for Project Alpha never questioned him on his reasons for volunteering, so there was no reason for him to tell anyone. If you don't ask, then he has no reason to tell. It does remain a mystery why he dragged his sister The Quiet One into it with him. In fact, his fellow villains don’t even know the heroine is related to him. She hasn’t told her teammates either so it remains a secret for now. He was partnered up with The Hacker which is a very good thing for everyone on his team. She basically acts as his voice, telling the team how he feels just be reading subtle hints in body language. They do talk with each other when the other team members aren’t around, so their bond is pretty tight. For whatever reason, The Hyperactive One has put it upon himself to specifically target him whenever the heroes and villains meet for the occasional city street brawl. Has his sister told him their secret?
                                                AWESOM-O 5000

Introducing The Hacker!
                                                Played By: Shannyn Sossamon
                                                XXXX Nevelyn Birdie Wilde
                                                XXXX Twenty-Two
                                                XXXX Strong-Willed | Sarcastic | Loyal | Cautious
                                                XXXX Super Learning
                                                XXXX Indian Red and Burlywood
                                                Let it be known that this spunky young woman was only allowed to volunteer because she found out about Project Alpha before the other volunteers were even called. Her only options were join or face criminal charges. Being the computer whizz she is, it only took a matter of minutes to crack the governments security and learn of the experimental project on her own. The government definitely did not appreciate that. Of course she had been monitoring their activity long before then. It did help that she also possessed the gene needed for the project to accept her. She was strangely partnered up with The Assassin, who she really didn’t know how to deal with at first. Slowly but surely she actually got to know how things worked with him. Now she’s basically his voice, and her fellow villains accuse them of being telepathic or something. Strangely, her best friend out of her group is The Pessimist. It’s just always nice to be able to have an intelligent conversation with someone every once in a while. It almost seems like she’s the only one who puts up with him. The awkwardness between her and The Hyperactive One is because they used to be good friends in grammar school, but eventually split ways by the end of high school. Seeing him on the other side is just a little weird since she remembers how similar they used to be.
                                                Pixie_Dot

☠ Introducing The Conniver!
                                                Played By: Bruno Santos
                                                XXXXFirst Middle Last
                                                XXXXAge (19 - 25)
                                                XXXXThree or more adjectives.
                                                XXXXPotential Powers = Duplication, Shape Shifting or Hypnotism.
                                                XXXXPosting Colors here.
                                                Survival comes easy to this young man because he is always looking out for himself. Some people might call him a manipulator or conniving, but he’s just learned that the only way to get ahead in this world is to lie, cheat, and steal. Of course you can’t get caught doing those three things. He convinced his uncle, the one and only Dr. James Lombardi, to let him participate in Project Alpha and the doctor reluctantly agreed to let him volunteer. Of course this young man had his own plans even from the start. He sided with the villains when the group of volunteers split apart simply because he knew they would get him closer to his personal goals. Though you’d think the more loud mouthed fools would get on his nerves, it’s actually The Loner who pisses him off the most. Just those dark glares the man always gives him make him angry. It’s like the guy knows something he could in no way possibly know. There is no way he could maybe switch sides later on because that guy would never trust him. Maybe it’s because he has been trying to get closer to The Heartbroken. She is currently in a vulnerable state that would be rather easy to take advantage of.
                                                Username

User Image

Alrighty then! Once you've taken the time to read through all the available roles, here is a short and simple reservation form for you to fill out. Send all forms to me, Snake_in_my_Boot. If you are highlighting this, then you did read the rules at least up to the last paragraph there. Or you're just paranoid and highlighted this for whatever reason. Anyways...titled the reservation form PM "Fall Divided" instead so I know you read the rules. Thanks!

[size=14][color=slategray]Hello there, my name is [color=POSTINGCOLOR1][gaia username here][/COLOR]. I would like to reserve the role of [color=POSTINGCOLOR2][super hero/villain name here] and name him/her [color=POSTINGCOLOR2][full name of character][/color]. He/She can be described with these following words ; [color=POSTINGCOLOR1][3 or more adjectives][/color] and if you haven't noticed, my posting colors are [color=POSTINGCOLOR1][name of first color][/color] and [color=POSTINGCOLOR2][name of second color][/color]. Don't let me forget, here's a few of my [samples] for you to see. Thank you and have a nice day![/color][/size]

User Image

After you have sent in your reservation, I have carefully looked over everything, and you have been given the ok, you may now work on filling out your character profile. I will be giving everyone only three days to fill out your profile completely after your reservation has been accepted. Please send all character profiles to me via PM with the title "Fall Divided".

What are you doing?! Are you highlighting this because you think I might be playing a joke on you or something? Gosh, why would I do that? Paranoid much?

[imgleft]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww212/whitesnake-kun/1.jpg[/imgleft]
                          [align=right][b][size=24][color=color1]First[/color] [color=color2]Middle[/color] [color=color1]Last[/color][/b][/size]
                          [color=gray][size=9]Experiment #000[random four digit number][/size][/color][/align]
                          [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14]
                          [color=color1]▇[/color][color=color2]▇[/color][color=color1]▇[/color] [color=color2]Everyone Likes to Call Me:[/color]
                          [list][list][list][size=11][color=gray][Super Hero or Villain Role Here][/color][/size]

[color=color1]▇[/color][color=color2]▇[/color][color=color1]▇[/color] [color=color2]However, The World Marked Me As A:[/color]
                          [list][list][list][size=11][color=gray][Hero or Villain][/color][/size]

[color=color1]▇[/color][color=color2]▇[/color][color=color1]▇[/color] [color=color2]Count the Candles On the Cake:[/color]
                          [list][list][list][size=11][color=gray][Age written out ex: Twenty-Two][/color][/size]

[color=color1]▇[/color][color=color2]▇[/color][color=color1]▇[/color] [color=color2]This Was My Story Before Becoming A Volunteer:[/color]
                          [list][list][list][size=11][color=gray][Biography goes here, minimum of two paragraphs][/color][/size]

[align=right][img]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww212/whitesnake-kun/100x100.jpg[/img][color=white]XXX[/color][img]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww212/whitesnake-kun/100x100.jpg[/img][color=white]XXX[/color][img]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww212/whitesnake-kun/100x100.jpg[/img]
                          [size=24][b][color=color1]username[/color][/b][/size][/align]

User Image

Sunday | Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday

Dawn | Morning | Noon | Afternoon | Evening | Night

January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Hot | Warm | Cold | Freezing | Windy | Slight Breeze | Sunny | Cloudy | Raining | Drizzling | Hailing | Foggy | Thunder | Lightning | Light Snowfall | Heavy Snowfall | Blizzard

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Location of Characters

Heroes

The Leader - The Flirt - The Dreamer - The Quiet One - All four are standing around the Hero Mansion kitchen making breakfast

The Loner - The Heartbroken - Both just finished a session in the Hero Mansion training simulator

The Hyperactive One - ???

Villains

The Madman - The Temptress - The Jewel Thief - All waiting to start the day at the loft owned by Kesara and Lana

The Hacker - Just arrived at a deli nearby her own apartment

The Assassin - The Conniver - The Pessimist - ???

Hero Team Mansion Layout

Ground Floor
                          - The ground floor of the mansion is disguised as just a regular mansion owned by a group of rich young adults.
                          - There are two ways to enter the ground floor, either through the front door where the guest (if they ever have any) would arrive or by the elevator from down in the car park.
                          - Occupying the dining room is a grand oak table and several chairs for the team to have dinner by themselves whenever they all have time to get together.
                          - The kitchen has been outfitted with the latest stainless steel appliances and features an island in the center.
                          - At the start of the hall is where you can find the mansion’s music room. The main staples are the magnificent grand piano and dance floor used when entertaining guests.
                          - The living room is furnished with one large sofa facing a state of the art entertainment center which includes a 80" flat screen TV, stereo surround sound system, and various gaming consoles.
                          - The game room is mainly filled with various movie memorabilia, two billiards tables, a Foosball table, and an air hockey table.
                          - The fitness room was added on due to complaints from some of the team members, and has various machines installed to work out every part of your body.
                          - Outside is the mansion's gigantic pool with the edge made of glass and looking out at the valley behind the property. A jacuzzi spa, outdoor bar, and a barbecue were also added.
                          - Go down just a few stairs to the side of the pool deck and you’ll find the full length basketball court that can be converted into a volleyball or tennis court when needed.
                          - The car park is technically a floor below, and it has enough space for up to ten cars and plenty of room for storage if needed.

Second Floor
                          - The second floor is owned by The Leader and The Flirt
                          - This floor is primarily occupied by both heroes’ bedrooms, including the huge bathrooms and walk-in closets.
                          - It also has The Leader’s personal library, holding several texts from various countries and serving as his sort of trophy room.
                          - The office room on this floor is mainly just a place for The Leader and The Flirt to keep their personal computers, but both use it for work sometimes.
                          - The last room noted on this floor is a small-scale bowling alley.

Third Floor
                          - This floor is owned by the Hyperactive One and the Quiet One, and is commonly referred to as the party floor.
                          - Like the floor below, most of the space is taken up by both heroes’ personal bedrooms
                          - The Hyperactive One requested he have a ginormous arcade filled with tons of arcade machines, a play place with adult-sized tubes, and a ball pit.
                          - One whole wall of the arcade was actually covered in paper for anyone to draw whatever they like on its space including simply splashing paint across it.
                          - The very corner of the floor is occupied by The Quiet One’s personal office, where she likes to go to quietly read or work on the computer.
                          - As if an arcade wasn’t enough, the Hyperactive One also installed his own skate park. Luckily the walls, floors, and ceiling are sound proof!

Fourth Floor
                          - The fourth floor is a floor seldom visited anymore by anyone other than The Heartbroken.
                          - Her bedroom occupies a large amount of space, with her huge bathroom and walk-in closet, but half of it is used by the untouched bedroom of her old partner.
                          - This floor features a state of the art personal movie theater where everyone used to go and watch films with each other.
                          - The Heartbroken was given a full-scale boxing room in her weight room because she felt she needed to train more often. It has now been given the nickname the “venting” room

Fifth Floor
                          - Though the Loner often protests and this is the smallest floor in the mansion, everyone likes to visit and gander at the glass ceiling.
                          - Both the Loner and The Dreamer have their own rooms here. The Dreamer has her own bathroom and walk-in closet while the Loner does not have a large closet.
                          - They both share their personal library filled with their favorite literary works, text books, and trophies.

Underground Level
                          - This level of the mansion is off limits to everyone other than those with proper access.
                          - The storage room is relatively unused, except for stockpiling on medical supplies or extra frozen food.
                          - The Team War Room is the where all the magic happens. The heroes of New Metropolis gather here to discuss their upcoming missions and whatever is going on in Centennial City.
                          - The team infirmary thankfully isn't used too often, but when it is the team can count on the best care here.
                          - Two bathrooms were built down here, for men and women to have their privacy.
                          - The Team Training Room is the best place for the heroes to train. It simulates just about any location and/or scenario the programing created supports.

Dapper Explorer

User ImageUser Image
Y-Y O U D x T H O U G H T x B Yx N O W
peYou'd have it figured out
PetitYou can't erase the way it pulls
petitehixxxx WHEN SEASONS CHANGE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIt hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIt hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes
xxxxxx
xx TO FIND WHERE YOU BEGIN
xxxxxxxxxx() You are PERFECT porcelain

The morning felt quiet, more than usual. That sort of silent that came from the cold, and it filled the air around even though the bustling of the city didn't stop. It pushed through your skin with the cold breeze causing you to dig your face into your scarf for protection. Sybil had to do just that. She didn't mind the cold, it was just the wind and the bone chilling frost of it all that bothered her. Not to mention the white flakes that fell from the sky? They weren't exactly something she was happy to see. She didn't care for snow and whenever she saw it, it made her want to find the first train out of here to somewhere clear of the stuff. Pulling her arms into her, she crossed her hands into her arms, keeping them from the cold. She was on a mission, and it was very important. It was nearly a matter of life or death, and she had to complete it within the right time or...Okay, well that wasn't true. She'd just managed to break some stuff this morning on accident and well, now she had to travel all the way into the city for some coffee! How brutal was that? Sure it was her fault that the coffee maker broke, but still! The bus ride into the city had to be at least twenty minutes, and then back? See, brutal! And all for a slight slip up of the mind? Rubbish.

She replayed the morning in her mind trying to figure out if she could have done anything different, it had been pretty usual. Since the house wasn't dead smack in the middle of the city she often did trivial things with her Telekinesis, like making coffee. There was no harm in it! It made her skills sharp and it allowed her to do a few things at once, like having four arms. So there she was in the kitchen, floating coffee grains, mugs and the usual makings of the morning and then something went amiss. Making a long story short it took her a while to clean up the crashed glass maker and all of the grounds. Which after that, would lead her where she is now. She wished she'd had the gift of teleporting like Jacob had. It would have made this trip a lot quicker. Pulling out her phone she clicked the side button and watched the main screen flash '7:32am'. It would be about wakeup time back home and with any luck she could get back quicker than she'd gotten here. The brunette continued on her morning quest a few more blocks until she reached the closest starbucks she knew of. Pulling the door open she inhaled the amazing smell of java as she strolled to the counter. The woman behind, with a nametag that read Sam gave a quick smile and greeted her, asking the usual how may I help you speech, and the small typical chatter. Sybil looked up at the menu, and taking her time she heard something that no one else would hear from the barista at the counter 'I wish she'd just make up her mind already. So much for texting Paige back. Now she's going to go super-b***h on me. Oh my goooood, hurry up.' Despite being used to this kind of thing, Sybil blinked slightly. She had gotten to the point where she could nearly block out everything that she didn't want to hear. But today? First the coffee maker and now this? She was sure having an off day. Shrugging it aside she ordered a rather extensive list of drinks, making sure to get some variety. She didn't wake anyone up before leaving so she was just guessing by who she'd seen drink coffee in the morning or who preferred tea, that kind of thing. After taking her order the barista was able to pass it back and rush back into the employee only second, eager to finish her text.

It didn't take all that long to get her order so it was easy for her to dash out the door. By the bus listing on her phone she should just make the next bus, that was if she could get there. With a bit of rush in her step she walked at an accelerated pace, well enough not to spill anything she'd just got of coarse. Balancing the cup holder, she was able to squeeze the other drink in her hand in between the two, and pull out her phone, checking the time again she grumbled at her speed. She might not make it with the way she was going on now, and if she-where is it? Scrolling down the page again she hunted for the next available bus back to where she needed to be apparently it would be-

BAM.

Jerking back she felt a rush of warm and cold spill over the front of her body as she bashed into a blonde haired figure. Muttering the usual 'damns' and 'fricks' that this kind of incident would bring about she looked up at the figure she'd battle rammed into.

"SON OF A- What the hell are you doing?!"

"Well, I was getting coffee but that didn't seem to go quite as planned..." She trailed off, examining the damage on her coat. This would for sure need dry cleaning.

"Ya ******** think? You need to watch where the ******** you're - ah ********, Sybil?"

Glancing up at him The male who was shaking the mess off him was a familiar face. He was actually sort of close to him by default, since she was best friend with his older sister and all it did make them connected. Not to mention they both had something different about them, and even more so he used it for bad. And now? He was scruffy, more than usual she might add, and you could literally smell the booze dripping out of his pores. In a moment of pretty much forgetting the fact of everything and her being herself she questioned

"Oh, Aj! I didn't realize it was you, you were stumbling around like a drunk-"

Oh, Have you met Mom Sybil? Because if you looked right now that would be your first glimpse of her today. She was just like that, and it wasn't always a bad thing! But right after she said what she did, she remembered who she was talking to. Aj wasn't exactly the most cheerful person in the world, not to mention she didn't want to actually upset him, he was never the less Aubreys little brother even if they weren't exactly on speaking terms a lot of the time. He shot Sybil a glare, AJ took off his jacket and threw it at the young woman.

"Hold this." he sneered, as he pulled his shirt over his head, and began to wring it out, seemingly unphased by the cold.
                              "What state have you gotten yourself into? Does Aubrey know you get this drunk?"

"I don't think how drunk I am is any of your ******** business, Precious, so why don't you go running back to your heroic house share and leave me the ******** alone?"

Mother Sybil wasn't always appreciated by everyone. Especially when she was giving criticism. Sybil yanked Aj's jacket from his hands and rolled her eyes.

"Well excuse me for asking. And its not like it was my fault! You should have been watching where you were going."

[******** you!" he grumbled putting his shirt back on, and snatched his jacket off her. "I wasn't the one getting breakfast for the ******** A-Team with my head in the ******** clouds"

Just then her phone buzzed, alerting her that the next bus would be leaving soon. Grumbling she looked back at AJ and dismissed his rude comments in a whole. You know that whole saying "if you don't have anything nice to say?" Well right now it was "I don't have time to argue about your dumb decisions". Shoving her phone in her pocket, she shivered at the feeling of cold coffee in her pocket. Pulling her phone out again she flipped it a bit, getting the java slushy off the side of her phone. With another grumble she decided that was enough already

"Well, I must be off. Have fun roaming the streets of the city with whatever you were doing. Just don't get into too much trouble or we'll probably see each other very soon" shooting the blonde a glare she started off towards the direction of the bus. There was no way she'd make it now. Damn it. She took a quick glance back at Aj just in time to see him give her the bird. Again with the rudeness. Shoving the urge to bend a lamp post and bash him across the head with it, she rushed onward trying to fight the clock to the next bus area. By the grace of greyskull or whatever you want to thank she managed to catch the bus the needed. In a rush she took the first seat she could find she tilted her head up to the ceiling and let out a sigh. The coffee on her coat was still wet to the touch but she couldn't feel it anymore. Hopefully she could get it out, it'd be in there for a while before she'd be able to rinse it off. Looking down at the grey woolen petticoat she pursed her lips. This was her favorite coat too. Her mind slipped back to Aj, Should she mention to Aubrey that she'd seen him today? The two weren't always seeing eye to eye, and even though Aubrey wanted to be there for him he was well.. Aj. Pulling out her phone she tapped it with her forefingers. The front display now flashed '7:52'am. Unlocking the main screen she went into her messages and began to type a new one
                                  To: Bree

xxAre you up?
                                  xxIts way to early to be this long of a day.

Locking her phone she stuck it back in her pocket, unlikely that Aubrey would answer right away, or even until she got home. A feint whisper crept into her mind as she heard the suited middle aged man next to her mentally freak out about how his wives birthday was today and he coudln't remember if he'd picked up her present, and if he had where was it? If he hadn't then how would he get the time to cram it in before they met later tonight. Sybil smirked to herself and took a glance at the next voice that came to her mind. When she let her guard down and tried to listen to what was around the voices swarmed like a sea of words in her brain. She couldn't help but laugh at the accuracy of the x-men movies. When she first watched them little did she know that one say her mind would act like Xaviers and Jeans. Maybe thats where the Doctors got their ideas from? The movies, creating these heroes that we'd recently glorified. Sybil turned her attention to a woman who sat across the walk way who was internally freaking out. Her mind was racing from one thought to another and Sybil could tell she was a stressed out student and she wasn't going to get much better. She decided that was enough psychic picking for now, and just in time, her stop was up on the right. Pulling on the stop cord the bus came to a gradual stop. It was just a short walk up the road again to the place she'd started to call home the last two years. Digging her hands in her pockets she tucked her chin into her scarf, and took a breath. If the rest of today was going to be this hectic, she'd need to prepare. And since coffee seemed out of the question, it looked like she was going to put her faith in the treadmill. Endorphins always help!

Instead of making a ruckus going through the front door Sybil walked around the side and entered that way. Once in the house she checked to see if anyone was up yet, it was still a bit early, just now after eight. Taking her drenched coat off she examined the stain from a different angle, grumbling at the damage. It was definitely oxy clean material. Into the laundry room she set the thing right and in the mean time she was going to get her run on! From the laundry room she went to her room. With a quick change into yoga pants, Tennis shoes, and a tank she grabbed her iPod and tucked it in her arm carrier. Yanking her hair into a pony tail she made her way through the opposite part of the house into the training area. It was odd to not hear or see anyone from point to point. Maybe Wyatt was working on something, since he was usually up at this time, he must have been locked away. Aubrey was probably still sleeping, the same with Jacob. Maybe she'd see Riley in the training room? that woman was always training. She didn't blame her of coarse, Sybil would probably lock herself away too if...well you get it. Setting the right speed on the treadmill she clicked play on her iPod and as the song 'Celebrity Status' began to blast in her ear she started to run. She always found it odd how much she loved the treadmill, since when she was on land it wasn't as graceful as it was on the black rolling surface. She'd always preferred to run on the treadmill with no major accidents thus far, it really did her well. Clicking up the speed button one last time she turned her attention forwards and focused on the space in front of her.

User Image

now this looks like a job for me e v e r y b o d y just follow me
                                            cause' we need a little CONTROVERSY
                                            xxxxxxcause' it feels so EMPTYxxxx↘↘↘
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwithout me

There was a reason that she slept on a mattress that simply sat on the floor. Every once in a while, it came in damn handy.

She had that dream again, that stupid dream that wasn’t quite a nightmare, but instead walked the fine line between the two. It had been dark, and she had been alone, and then she wasn’t. Everyone had been there, standing on the shadowy edge. Everyone. Her sisters, Cassidy, her teammates, her enemies, the doctors who were dead and gone. And they had been silent. Silent and observant, eyes cast in shadows. Before she could do anything, Lana felt a rush of air, and then the floor was gone. She was sent falling, spinning, twisting in mid-air. She wanted to scream, to cry out for anyone, but-

The pain of hitting the ground was drastically decreased when the mattress was on the floor. There’s a difference between falling a good 3 feet and just a few inches. And she had often taken that big fall before she had the sense to move her bed to the ground. Lana awoke, mouth dry, heart racing, body trapped inside of a pillow top mattress. She sat up quickly, half her body still trapped within the confines of the bed. Phasing can be a b***h. It was too early for this. Light was just beginning to stream through her curtains, turning the carpet a warm gold. She exhaled slowly, heart still pounding in her chest. Running a hand through her loose red hair, she stood slowly, her body gliding through the mattress. Sweat clung to her body, and she was shaking a bit. Lana didn’t do well with nightmares, and they had only become more common since the whole becoming a villain thing. Frankly, she was just happy that she had yet to phase through the floor to the apartment below. That was the last thing she needed; to wake up from a nightmare in a stranger’s room, probably with the police on their way to kill the genetically modified freak. Good times.

She made her way to the kitchen, not bothering to open her door. Yes, phasing could be annoying when you were falling through your bed, or leaning against a wall and then on the other side five seconds later, but it could be handy too. Doors were annoying, anyway, and now she had no need for them. No need for doors or windows or anything, really. Solid surfaces were nothing. As long as she was able to hold her breath the whole time, Lana could go through just about anything. She had tried to see how long she could go, once, sinking into the ground, wondering how deep down she could slip. But as soon as her lungs had emptied, she had clamored to the surface, desperate for air.

She shuddered, flicking the coffee maker on as she wandered aimlessly around the kitchen. From the sound of it, her roommate wasn’t up yet. Roommate, teammate, and best friend. It was great having all 3 of those rolled into one. Kesara kept her sane when the whole villain team was, well, not so sane. Between AJ’s drunken moodiness and Tyler’s insanity, it was a little difficult to stay calm, cool, and collected. Not that Lana was the type to be calm, cool, and collected. But she enjoyed being stable, at least. Not having nervous breakdowns, avoiding that sort of thing. Because as awesome as it looked on the outside, being a villain (or hero, she guessed) was draining. The expectations, the pressure, the threats. All that jazz got pretty consuming after a while. And it was difficult to put up with.

Kesara was her rock, though. A smirk spread on Lana’s face, and she headed towards her bestie’s room. Wakey, wakey, bestie. It’s time to get moving. She started moving a little faster, breaking out into a slow trot, launching herself through the door and landing on Kesara’s bed. “Good morning, sunshine! Time to get up!” she sang, laughing loudly. She shook her long red hair out of her face, flopping next to her roomie. It had been a near miss, really; Lana had almost landed smack on top of her friend. And that was not the way to start a day. “C’mon, get your butt in gear, missy. Just because we don’t live in a mansion like those hero p***k doesn’t mean that we can’t do things together. So get up. We should go shopping or something!” Of course, shopping for them meant Kesara distracting the employees while Lana went in and phased out with all the things they wanted. Less than legal? Sure. But they were villains. They didn’t need to be kidnapping people 24/7. Shoplifting and grand theft auto were fun enough.

Before her roommate could seriously injure her, Lana was up again, heading for the door. “Just get up, already! I’m putting the coffee on now. No excuses!” She stuck her tongue out as she phased back through the door.

Her morning routine was simple enough. Coffee, wake up roomie, breakfast, text AJ. He’s probably already drunk, she thought, sighing, as she poured herself a cup of coffee. Already drunk and wandering the streets. Lana shook her head. As much as she cared about her partner, it did get pretty annoying, watching him be drunk and depressed all the time. That was half the reason that she joked with him so much; to try and get a smile from him. Sure, it didn’t happen as often as she would like it too, but the occasional smile was worth it. Whether he liked it or not, he was her friend/partner/whatever, and she was going to stick by him. She slept with her phone tucked in the waistband of her shorts, and she whipped it out now.

To: AJ
                                    YOU. Where are you?
                                    Also if you’re already drunk this early in the morning,
                                    We’re going to have a problem.
                                    XOXOXO text me loser

Smirking, she flipped her pone shut. “I only taunt because I care,” she whispered, pouring herself her first cup of coffee. For a brief moment, she considered pulling an AJ and spiking it. It seemed like it might be one of those days. But she shook her head, opting for cream and a sugar instead. It didn’t need to be that day. She could change it. If only her lazy butt roommate would get out here.

User Image

User Image

████████████ ████████████████ ██████████████████████████

It was early morning in Centennial City. Dark clouds hung overhead, casting majority of the city in shadow. A light snowfall descended from above, and it clung to anything it managed to land on. Despite the gloominess of your typical January morning, people were still waking up to go about their usual business. Wrapped up tight in their winter coats and clutching umbrellas, the working class of the city headed to their long and arduous jobs all across the city. The streets were already filled with men and women going here and there. Cars honked at slow moving pedestrians crossing the street as bicyclists weaved in and out of traffic. In several alleys scattered about the city, criminals exchanged drugs and various other contraband while others mugged and raped helpless victims. Police vehicles raced to crime scenes from reported domestic disputes. An ambulance hurried through multiple intersections in hopes of getting to the innocent victims of a gang shooting in time. On the main interstate, rescue vehicles were busy cutting a family out of their mangled car after being caught within a three vehicle accident. It was honestly just another typical Thursday morning for Centennial City. A young man heading to another dull day at his desk job happened to stop at the corner of Smith and Wesson and peeked out from under his umbrella to look up at the overcast sky. His eyes widened when he noticed someone standing at the roof's edge of the three story building across the street. Before he could ask anyone else if they could see the figure standing there, the person was gone in the blink of an eye. The young man shook his head before continuing on his way. Could it have been one of those superheroes or supervillains said to be watching over the decaying city? Ever since those two scientists had been branded traitors and found dead in their illegal laboratory, sightings of super powered vigilantes had been reported all over Centennial. Heroes would arrive to deal with the toughest of situations while villains would torment the public in different ways every so often. The city had become rather accustomed to such events lately. Street battles between super-powered individuals and government raids were a reoccurring thing nowadays. It was highly likely that the mysterious figure perched atop the rooftops was one of the few supers roaming the streets. What everyone wondered was what exactly were these reclusive people up to next.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A commuter bus slowly backed into the wide alley behind the Bank of America on the corner of Smith and Wesson. It was a fairly large building for being a bank, having three full scale floors and a double-sized alley behind it. With a screech of the breaks, the bus came to a stop a few feet away from the back door usually used by the armed vehicles to transport money. The driver pulled the lever to open up the front doors, and eight men wearing dark clothing and ski masks quickly exited. They all frantically checked to make sure they were alone in the alleyway before heading to the back door. One man immediately checked to see if it was locked while another man hurried to get out his lock picking utensils. Everyone was extremely eager to get inside before they could get caught. The bank would be opening in an hour, so they knew they needed to get in and out way before then. Muttering a few words of excitement, the lock picker managed to unlock the door and slowly opened it. Nobody dared to go inside yet though. Another man pulled the cover of an electrical box off the wall in order to sabotage the wiring. To everyone else it looked as if he was just twisting random wires around, but he was actually finding the wires the went to the bank's security systems. Once he cut the wire and gave the all clear, the other seven men hurriedly dashed inside. None of the lights came on so they would be operating in the dark during their robbery. The man who must have been the self-proclaimed master mind of this plan started barking out orders to the rest of the group. He told four men to go up to the third floor to hit the safety deposit boxes while he and three others went for the vault. Then he reminded them that they only had fifty minutes left to get the job done. Everyone nodded in acknowledgment before heading in the directions they were told. Four men jogged up the two flights of stairs while the remaining four others grabbed their duffel bags and headed for the vault. That was where they'd be able to gather the largest amount of money. Luckily they had been preparing for this job for quite some time now, and believed they were completely ready to pull it off. Each bag was quickly zipped open. The gang of robbers had brought quite the arsenal with them. The semi-automatic rifles were passed out to each man before they got to work on the first step of their plan. Two men lifted a heavy device out of one bag and set it on the floor in front of the vault door. It was gonna take some heavy firepower to bust through the titanium door. That was why they invested in the device that could crack it. The same man who had cut the wires outside the building was in charge of running the machine. He knelt down next to it and got to work while the other three men kept themselves busy by surveying the rest of the first floor. The leader continuously peered out the windows to make sure nobody was coming to work early. If things were going as planned, then none of the alarms would go off and the cops would never know they were there.

With the rest of his group gone to make sure all things were clear, the man in charge of operating the device that should crack the vault could work in peace. The headphones around his ears blared his favorite music. He was completely oblivious to everything going on around him. Humming the tune to the song currently playing, he tapped away at the machine's keyboard. All that he knew mattered was that he had to crack the vault in less than forty-five minutes or everyone would be in a world of hurt. The young man let out an exclamation of excitement when his programming had worked. Now all he had to do was press enter and the machine would do what he had programmed it to do. Unfortunately for him, he never got the opportunity to. Over a hundred volts of electricity raced through his body and he immediately started convulsing on the floor in pain. He tried to look up to see what the hell had happened, but was knocked unconscious by a boot to his face. Meanwhile, one of the other thugs busy patrolling the first floor found himself searching through a collection of cubicles in one of the back rooms. So far he had managed to find what he believed to be a pretty expensive bottle of wine and someone had just happened to leave their gold watch in one of their desk drawers. All in all, he thought this job would be a fairly successful one. After pocketing the gold watch, he turned around with a stupid grin on his face only to be startled by someones computer booting up. He raised the semi-automatic weapon in his hands and slowly approached the computer. How could it have turned on by itself? Maybe one of his comrades was playing a trick on him. Or was someone else here with them? The cubicle's large office chair had its back to the man, so he was weary someone might be sitting in it. He shakily reached out his hand to touch the back of the chair before quickly spinning it around with his weapon at the ready. A heavy sigh of relief escaped his lips when nobody was there. Once again he turned around with that stupid grin plastered across his face, but then suddenly someone delivered a fierce job to his face. The man staggered back in utter surprise and pain before getting another punch to the stomach. He bent over just as the gun in his hand was pulled from his grasp. A look of complete terror flashed across the criminal's face seconds before he was smacked across the face with the butt of the rifle. He collapsed unconscious in the chair without ever defending himself. Now the two remaining criminals downstairs hurried back over to their more technologically-literate colleague and stopped in their tracks when they saw the man lying unconscious next to the inoperable machine they had brought. The leader told his lackey to run upstairs and tell the others what had happened. Once he was alone downstairs, the leader squatted down next to the downed thug and examined the burn mark on the back of his neck. Obviously a high powered taser had been used to knock the man out. He quickly got to his feet and aimed his rifle in almost every corner of the room. Someone had snuck in here with his crew, and it was probably one of those damn supers.

The men upstairs reached the third floor with ease. Most of the nervousness had faded since they knew none of the security cameras would be working. They all took one more look at the floor plans they had grabbed in order to know where exactly they needed to be. The man holding the map pointed out the directions where each safety deposit box room would be located. Two men went to the left and two men went to the right. The men who went to the right quickly worked to cut the lock off the metal barred door leading into the target room. Once the lock was cut, they quickly went to work locating the specific boxes they were instructed to break open. It would be no easy task for anyone not equipped with the right tools. One man took out a packet of orange sticky notes and hastily marked each safety deposit box they were supposed to hit. The other man took out a captive bolt pistol, a device usually used at slaughterhouses to put down the animals quickly, and went to work busting all the locks specified. The sound of each lock being blasted out echoed all across the third floor. They could hear the two other men at work across the way as well. Once a lock was busted, the man not operating the tool quickly dumped the contents of each box into a heavy duty sack. He looked at his watch and saw that time was steadily ticking away. The boss would be pretty pissed at them if they took too long to get their portion of the job done in time. Each pair of men was given their own objective during this bank robbery. For it to go smoothly, they all had to do their part quickly and efficiently. He stood up straight when he heard the sound of footsteps jogging up the stairs, and went to see who was coming. After the last safety deposit box was breached, the man turned around and was surprised to see his teammate was gone. Right before he was about to call out for the man, he turned the corner and came back into the room.

"Where'd the ******** did you go? You're supposed to be helping me grab all this s**t."

"Uuuhhh...I thought I heard the boss calling for us and went to check it out."

"Well, was he?"

"No..."

"Then hurry and help me ********. Are you part of this or not?"

As soon as the question was asked, the man talking down to his fellow bank robber grabbed him by the wrist and pushed his sleeve up. He was shocked to see nothing on the inside of the man's left forearm. What he was supposed to see was a black tattoo of two swords crossed, but it was not there. The man muttered a few choice words under his breath before looking up to make eye contact with his colleague. That was when the man without the tattoo grabbed onto the surprised man's arm and punched him in the throat to throw him off guard. The man being attacked tried to react, but only managed to swing his arms around stupidly. Not letting the man regain himself, the attacker moved in for another swift attack. This time the criminal had expected it and reacted accordingly. He brought the captive bolt pistol around in an attempt to strike down his attacker. The mystery man easily maneuvered out of the way before landing another staggering punch to the man's chest. He followed it up with a roundhouse kick to the jaw before wrenching the device from the criminal's clutches. Without warning, the bank robber was slammed up against the wall of safety deposit boxes and then had the captive bolt pistol pressed up against his shoulder. Blood dripping profusely from the criminal's nose and mouth as he begged his attacker not to use the device on him. A loud bang echoed across the floor as the mystery attacker fired a bolt through the man's shoulder, sticking him to the wall. The criminal let out a scream of agony for all to hear. Then he was knocked unconscious with an knuckle sandwich. Taking in a large breath, the mystery attacker pulled the ski mask off his face to reveal that he was in fact Wyatt Joseph Grant, one of the seven genetically created superheroes determined to save Centennial City from itself. He hurried to take off the bag pants and black hooded jacket that he had taken from one of the criminals quite some time ago. The young hero spun around and exited the barred room only to run into the last two remaining criminals on this floor. They had heard their friend scream out in pain and evidently came to his rescue. Both were unfortunately equipped with semi-automatic uzi pistols that would prove to be a small problem for the hero. They raised their weapons when they did not recognized him and threatened to open fire. Every cell in Wyatt's body tensed when the first bullet was fired. At that moment everything around him seemed to slow down.

His powers had kicked in exactly at the right time. Others had explained this slowed down state as going into "bullet time" and Wyatt could activate it when needed because of his superhuman reflexes. Each bullet erupted with a flash of bright light as they left the muzzle of firearms and careened past the lone hero. He avoided them by twisting and turning out of their paths. One managed to nick his left left shoulder just as he brought the bottom of his palm up to land a devastating blow to one criminal's chin. The man was sent flying backwards at the same time Wyatt delivered a snap kick to the other man's hip. Both robbers hit the floor hard. Kicking the gun out of one man's hand, the young super picked the man up by the throat before tossing him into the other criminal who was now getting back to his feet. Now that they both were disarmed there was no big worry. Wyatt launched himself at the closest criminal and immediately started landing quick punches. The man managed to block a few by putting his arms up in front of his head. Perhaps he had some boxing experience. Pausing for a moment, Wyatt wanted to see what the thug could do. Disappointment washed over the hero when the man proved he knew nothing at all. A few defensive punches were swung at Wyatt, but none of them landed as the super easily ducked and weaved out of the way. He frowned as he caught one of the man's punches and proceeded to break his arm by pushing hard on the elbow. Another scream echoed across the third floor as the bone cracked with ease under the pressure of being pushed the opposite way it usually bent. That criminal would do no more to try and stop him, so Wyatt simply tossed him aside. Only one criminal remained on this floor now. The hero spun around and discovered that the last bank robber to be put down had got to his feet already and was about to open fire again. Wyatt reached behind his back and grabbed three projectiles from their pouch around his waist. He hurled them all at the bank robber before he could pull the trigger. Each projectile struck the man in the arm holding the gun. The man looked at his arm in shock as each projectile protruded from his flesh. That brief moment was the exact opportunity Wyatt had been hoping for. By the time the robber even thought to look back at his attacker, the superhero had rushed forward and tackled the man. They wrestled on the floor for a moment until Wyatt gained the upper-hand and punched out his foe. He got back onto his feet without haste. There was still the groups leader downstairs to deal with. He hoped he could interrogate the man for some information before the police got to them. The sound of a footstep caught his attention and made him whirl around. At the top of the stairwell was just the man he had been thinking about. The gang's leader surprisingly held a rocket propelled grenade over his shoulder. Without hesitation, the trigger was pulled. Wyatt did not wait to hurl another of his projectiles at the rocket coming straight for him. It made contact in the gap between the two and exploded, sending everything in the room flying through flame. The young hero was sent soaring backwards, crashing through the large glass window and plummeting down three stories. He crash landed on top of a car parked outside the bank as debris rained down from the smoldering third floor. Everyone in the area reacted accordingly. People gasped and/or shouted in surprise, some ran in different directions, and a few stopped to point up at the fire engulfing the top story of the bank. Wyatt let out a loud groan as he pushed himself up off the hood of the car and rolled over onto the ground. He clambered back onto his feet while using the ruined car for support before limping away from the crime scene. The sound of sirens was steadily growing louder in the distance and he did not want to still be here when the authorities arrived.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Bastards just had to build the mansion miles away from the city..."

Wyatt came limping up the road leading to the intricate mansion built for the team of heroes with the money passed to them after the death of Doc Morgan. It had been built so far from the city, so that there was no easy access to it for complete strangers. Occasionally random hikers would stumble across it, but they'd usually just go on about their business. They had yet to install auto-defense turrets to take care of unwanted visitors. Someone protested because the cute little mountain animals could be harmed. Wyatt bit down on his lip in frustration as he made his way closer to the mansion. He went left at the fork in the road instead of heading right to get to the front door. It was be much easier to just go through the parking garage. Nobody would bug him that way. Imagine what everyone would to if he came stumbling through the front door looking the way he did! Most of them might probably still be asleep, so there wasn't too much worry. He'd go through the parking garage anyway. No, he did not completely hate his team. He just would rather spend most of his time on his own. People just got on his nerves sometimes...most of the time. Wyatt just had to be in the right mood to deal with his team at moments like this. Perhaps he'd go "socialize" like Sybil always wanted him to after he stitched himself back together. Right now he was just pissed that he had to walk so far to get home. Finally he made it up to the huge garage door and kicked over a garden gnome to find the right switch. Stepping down on the fake rock, a panel in the wall slide open to reveal the security key pad. Wyatt reluctantly typed in the code, which happened to be the word "spaghetti" and suggested by a certain teammate of his. He grumbled under his breath before pressing enter and opening the door. The large door opened to slowly for Wyatt's impatience and he limped inside before it was fully open. Not a single car was missing, so everyone must have still been home. Just great.

The elevator doors slid open with a hiss and Wyatt staggered inside. He slumped against the back wall as the doors closed behind him. Barely managing to press the button from where he was at, the injured hero directed the elevator to take him down to the mansion's underground level. There was no need for him to bleed anywhere else. The ride seemed to take longer than usual as he descended deep beneath the hills hiding the mansion from view. Once the doors opened up at his destination, Wyatt let out another groan to get himself up on his feet again. Then he limped out into the lobby. The only place he wanted to be right now was his lab. It was where he felt most at home. Surrounded by his own equipment and over twenty computer monitors, the loner felt relatively safe. He could watch almost every inch of the mansion as well as certain locations within Centennial City. Nobody would ever get the jump on him and his team as long as he was down here monitoring everything. His personal lab/security room was affixed to the team's training room which he also oversaw. Every one of his teammates had to pass through his lab to get to it, so he usually ended up seeing them more than he'd like sometimes. Wyatt stumbled to the doorway leading into his lab and leaned against the frame. Instead of going right for his chair like he would do on any other occasion, he went for the metal cabinet next to the other door. Inside was all the emergency medical supplies for those scary situations in the training room. He grabbed one of the kits and then took a seat at his usual place. Propping his leg up on desk, he rolled up his suit and then proceed to pull the glass shards and shrapnel still protruding from his injured leg. Each shard of glass or metal was deposited into the trash can under the desk. Once all his cuts were clear, Wyatt sprayed his entire leg with a antibiotic topical in order to prevent any infection and speed up the healing process. Then he wrapped it completely with heavy duty bandages and unrolled his pant leg. It still hurt of course, but now he wouldn't bleed all over the place. Now that his injuries were taken care of, the young hero could get to work on researching the gang members involved in the bank robbery he prevented this morning. The special tattoo all of them were supposed to have would make it easy to gather information on whoever they were. Wyatt leaned back in his chair and his attention was stolen by one of his computer monitors. It happened to be the one for the camera feed monitoring the training room. Riley was at it again. Almost every morning, she could be found down in the team training room practicing. Everyone knew why, though nobody dared to ask. Wyatt had overseen several training sessions for his heartbroken teammate and had participated in some with her as well. He could not deny he enjoyed training with Riley. It was a good thing to take their minds off more pressing matters. Wyatt watched her practice for a few minutes before noticing that she wasn't really putting all her effort into this morning's exercise. That was about to change. He raised the difficulty level of the current scenario. If she wanted to break a sweat, then she definitely would now.

██████████████████████████ ████████████████ ████████████

Aged Regular

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

s o r r y .
                      s o r r y
                      s o r r y
                            b u t ` y o u ` r e ` [ N E V E R ] ` g o n n a ` d a n c e ` a g a i n . . .

b u t . . m y ` f e e t ` j u s t ` k e e p s ` m e ` m o v i n g .

T r y i n g ` t o `
                                    b r e a k
                                              the
                                                  c~h~a~i~n

[ AND I FEEL LIKE RUNNNING, AND I FEEL NO PAIN ]ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZBCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
[ I FEEL LIKE RUNNING ]
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZBCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

The weight of the air seemed colossal. Impressive on the surface of the earth, almost - as though, should it have gotten any heavier, the earth would collapse inward on itself. Nothing could have ever seemed this important, this influential in anyone's lives for it to have such power, such command.

The crystals of frozen rainfall cascade from the gray sky above. They covered the ground, some sticking while others melted to make conditions uncomfortable. The sight of each snowflake did not inflict the perpetual figure in the window, staring out through a fairly large window. The city, Centennial City, in the distance held him by an anchor: there were more than simple things that kept him here. They... They were things that were not exactly easily distinguishable from beneficial or detrimental. In fact, the distinction of right and wrong in those circumstances, when faced with confronting the dilemmas in regards to the city, was never as easy as it looked. Sure, he had to know the difference between right and wrong, and he had to choose the right [ if not for him, then for his grandmother and the others ] but it was never just that simple.

He watched a snowflake ride the temporarily vicious gust of wind that livened the party up and slam itself into his window. It melted right before his very eyes, likening itself to his life, to his conscience. Kin to this snowflake that was now nothing but a spec of water, his life was dedicated to a pattern that would lead him into chaos and destruction and carnage and violence. Even if he hadn't volunteered himself into Project Alpha, even if his grandmother never had told anyone of her troubles and his mother hadn't've sent him off to become a man on his own, he would still find his way to this path. It seemed to be a pre-ordained thing, he noticed.

His brown eyes darkened as his brows pressed themselves against the top of his eyes. He felt like, with any more pressure, they were going to implode. They'd no longer be as rich and dark as his smooth and nearly flawless skin. Appropriately endowed was a smooth and comforting voice that could easily accumulate enough commanding urgency to befit an exasperated and demanding admiral. From his full lips, which were now pressed against one another, not trembling from such an exhaustion of muscles and which hid this row of fairly common dental hygiene, came a sigh. The sigh sounded distressed, though it did not visually relieve him of any of the apparent compression this room was inducing. His strong jawline, visibly flexed from his clenched jaw, followed a wide outlet to small, obtusely adorable ears, and then continued to a square-like resolution of his skull. His short hair, cropped as it would be in the army [ he had worn it like that his entire life, even pre-recruitment, albeit a bit more unkempt ], didn't seem to be altered by the differences of the weather. The cold season never did him much of any harm. His body was rigorously conditioned for a worse environment.

There, in his humble abode, with a myriad of adults in his midst, all capable of making conscientious and intelligent decisions for their own sake and for the entirety of their faction as a simple courtesy to himself, he felt as though his rough edges and corners were being rubbed dull. There, he felt as though he was slowly falling out of his element.

The truth of the matter was that, not only was he completely out of his element, but there was simply not an element for him: he would need to adjust accordingly and ensure that the rest of the individuals within this association remained safe and secured.

It was the only obligation he had left to uphold for his grandmother's sake. For her honor.

He cleared his throat.

The desk behind him was moderately neat. Before he had risen, it was a mess with documents and files and clippings from newspapers - as though the olden days weren't so far away - and all of the stress of his entire life seemed to accumulate with that deceivingly comfortable seat of his. He turned, broad shoulders swinging like massive doors on fragile and succumbing hinges to face the desk. He watched as the monitor on his personal computer displayed the information he had been running through. He had requested an electronic copy of whatever it was Wyatt had wished to speak with him of a few days before, though he had yet to see the man. Heavy lids slid over his vision, his contacts awash for a short moment. As he opened his eyes, readjusting to the natural and bleak light, he realized something - his door was wide open, yet no one had passed by all morning.

He could vouch that each individual, even Jacob and his dependencies, were capable of providing for their own... Still, it was a bit queer that no one would have stopped in to greet him yet. He checked his view over the city once more, squinting at the remnants of retrospect. With a sigh, he looking longingly at it, as he had once done approximately seven or so years prior. This time, the weight on his shoulder was not from the bags he had over his shoulders, leading him to a militant life, but from the burden of reality, something much heavier.

The jagged corners of his cherry-wood, mahogany desk glistened as they beckoned him, cajoled him to return to his work. As he had risen from his seat, the tails of his shirt caressed a corner, his stocky arm filled in folds with folders and a stainless steel canteen in his hand. He looked like a businessman, minus the fancy tie and suit jacket. In fact, he couldn't recall a day in his life when he chose to wear such an outfit on his own. His mother, at the very least, would brush the knots from his wiry head of hair [ or lack thereof ] and tuck his arms into a small, dual-toned blazer and shove shoes that were a bit too small for his growing feet when he was a squirt. They took their brandished glory to join a community of individuals who believed and performed upon their beliefs in a way he, himself, no longer could uphold.

He sighed as he pulled at the chain tether of his desk lamp, turning fully in the opposite direction to square off with a pathway that would weave him around a chair before his desk and out the door. The rich and beautiful mahogany door of the study remained open in his wake.

The canister found that it had reached his lips and was presently seeping of its contents, a bitter and dark liquid swimming through his lips. The coffee was strong, just as the individual who drank it. As his heavy, combat boots clomped against the hard surface floors beneath each steady step. Each step through the relatively narrow and modest corridor brought him closer to the means of getting through the other levels. He checked his wrist, wide and scarred from his experience of combat, reading the time of the face upon the underside of his wrist.

Approximately three hours, and not a soul had passed him by. Not even Aubrey had made any signs of showing her face, making it known - as per usual - that her very presence was to be acknowledged and very appreciated. The leader, confident and mature, would normally have chuckled at this, dismissing the girl and her antics and carried on, inadvertently marching his way to the main floor to greet the others. They didn't have a daily regiment, though he did.

The elevator was preoccupied. He was fond of physical activity though, and the stairs always proved to get his gears working. That with the strong, black coffee was a punch right in the system. It was all he needed.

His heels cracked at the loose tile at the bottom of the stairwell, the one he had witnessed being broken when Wyatt and Riley had one of their first quarrels. Maybe the duos they had been paired up with weren't the most efficient, but they were the most comfortable, the most experienced of their rotations. He, himself, didn't even think he would need to discuss with any one individual of their faction of any sort of battle tact. In fact, he believed that he had a basic routine that was simple enough to fit well in all of their pockets, though he had enough personal room to fabricate his theoretical maneuvers. Naturally, it was just like facing another enemy with his standard in arm and his battles all about him.

Another sigh barreled to escape his lips, though he heard the doors of the elevator open up behind him, having idly stepped to the vast space that was their main level, it was quickly trapped by the sensitive innards of his mouth. His instinctively-trained sights were set on a particular angle, as to gain a view of who was behind him before they had even managed to get within arm's length.

Interestingly enough, they didn't seem to be expecting to approach him in such a convenient manner, if at all. The male scratched a corner of his forehead, watching the woman scuttle by in apparent confusion and her permanent distrust and discontent. All he required of her, ever, was for her to retain and reign in her personal vendettas for the time being - he needed ruling this group of persons to be as simple and as least strenuous on him as possible. He quirked a brow and nodded at her, his round chin dipped slightly as he opened his mouth for a split-second, thinking of what to say to her.

The nod would suffice in a greeting.

"Have you seen Wyatt?" He looked past her discreetly to see if he was in the levee with her, which he was not. He then checked the door frames on either side of them, finding that those were vacant as well. The man's gaze returned to the rather grim and morbid woman before him, her graceful countenance maimed by the harsh cruelty that was their lives.

"Or anyone, for that matter?"

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZBCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. . . - WHEN I`M LOST WITHIN MY FRAME - . . .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff