Welcome to Gaia! ::

If there was a nickname feature, what way would you want it implemented?

Choose your own freely 0.038461538461538 3.8% [ 1 ]
Choose your own (but have words such as admin, dev, etc banned) 0.34615384615385 34.6% [ 9 ]
Have a list of nicknames to choose from 0.19230769230769 19.2% [ 5 ]
Earn nicknames through 'rankings' (such as posting # times) 0.30769230769231 30.8% [ 8 ]
Other (Please post!) 0.11538461538462 11.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Assimilated Wolf

CleoSombra
Gundamu
CleoSombra
Gundamu
CleoSombra
Gundamu
Maybe they could have preselected names like "SF Regular", "Lurker", etc instead of allowing people to make their own.

Oh, please, no.

This isn't neopets. neutral

rolleyes
It's better than what's being suggested.

Yes, because freedom is a bad thing. rolleyes

When it means more crap for the already overworked mods to police then, yes. Besides, it's not like the users wouldn't have the freedom to choose their nickname. It'd just be from a predetermined list.

Then maybe statuses should be predetermined, too.

And, and, comments on users' profiles. You know. To save the moderators' a headache.

Yeah, cause that's totally what I meant. Way to twist my words when you have no argument left.
Statuses aren't freely seen by everyone and are usually made for friends to see. They wouldn't need much policing. Honestly, I could care less if statuses were predetermined. The nicknames, on the other hand would be right below the username and seen by everyone. Much more room for abuse. So sorry for trying to make this suggestion as hassle free as possible for the site.
Gundamu
CleoSombra
Gundamu
CleoSombra
Gundamu

rolleyes

When it means more crap for the already overworked mods to police then, yes. Besides, it's not like the users wouldn't have the freedom to choose their nickname. It'd just be from a predetermined list.

And, and, comments on users' profiles. You know. To save the moderators' a headache.

Yeah, cause that's totally what I meant. Way to twist my words when you have no argument left.
Statuses aren't freely seen by everyone and are usually made for friends to see. They wouldn't need much policing. Honestly, I could care less if statuses were predetermined. The nicknames, on the other hand would be right below the username and seen by everyone. Much more room for abuse. So sorry for trying to make this suggestion as hassle free as possible for the site.

I wasn't trying to twist your words. Way to twist MY words when you have no argument left.

The point I was trying to say is that if the issue is about moderation, Gaia has proven in the past that they don't really care about that. We have so many ways in which we can convey things about ourselves - statuses, signatures, posts, profiles, journals, in game, etc, that one little thing that it seen just as frequently as posts and signatures is not anymore of a burden than anything else, and that if it IS so problematic, then there's no reason we shouldn't apply the same thing to statuses of comments in an effort to ease mods' burdens.

Assimilated Wolf

CleoSombra
Gundamu
CleoSombra
Gundamu
CleoSombra
Gundamu

rolleyes

I wasn't trying to twist your words. Way to twist MY words when you have no argument left.

The point I was trying to say is that if the issue is about moderation, Gaia has proven in the past that they don't really care about that. We have so many ways in which we can convey things about ourselves - statuses, signatures, posts, profiles, journals, in game, etc, that one little thing that it seen just as frequently as posts and signatures is not anymore of a burden than anything else, and that if it IS so problematic, then there's no reason we shouldn't apply the same thing to statuses of comments in an effort to ease mods' burdens.

Riiiiight.
Gaia itself my not care but what about the people that actually have to look at it and clean it up? Yes, those features you mentioned are already in place and some have even been changed so that there's less muck to clean up(the games you mentioned). Why purposely add to the workload? There's just no good reason to. If they did make this feature, having predetermined titles would be better in the long run. If you can't get that then I guess there's really no point in carrying on with you.

Leaf

Agent Crab
You're a Kamikaze, eh? User Image
Can be abused aswell.

People can put "Admin" under their names and try to scam users.

User ImageSure am!

Chis D'Amico

Red-Mist
"As a great man once said.. Wait till they get a load oUser Image

gaia can always restrict words like that to

[********]
Chris Damico
Agent Crab
You're a Kamikaze, eh? User Image
Can be abused aswell.

People can put "Admin" under their names and try to scam users.

User ImageSure am!

Chis D'Amico

Red-Mist

gaia can always restrict words like that to

[********]

Lets hope something like "Pantless" would not ne restricted.
If this is so, I would immediately lay claim to "Your Benevolent Ruler."

Assimilated Wolf

[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

Then I'd have to claim "Ruler Killer".
Gundamu
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

You cannot kill that which is already dead, peasant.

Assimilated Wolf

[NPC] Queen Riverwisp
Gundamu
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

Simple. I revive you then kill you again. 4laugh

Feline Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp
Gundamu
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

She's got ya there. : P

Assimilated Wolf

Arroyo Milori
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp
Gundamu
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

She's got ya there. : P

Missed my reply did ye?

Astounding Mage

[NPC] Queen Riverwisp
Gundamu
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

with strange aeons, even death may die.

Leaf

[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

Chis D'Amico

Red-Mist

-pulls out vacume-

[********]
[NPC] Queen Riverwisp

There may be many flowers in a man's life,

Of course your Majesty, though may l suggest you lay claim to "Your beloved and benevolent ruler"

but there is only one rose

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces