Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

When playing any MMO it is important to remember that you are not the only one in the game. I know this seems like a stupid addition for a guide, but it's actually rather important.
zOMG! is a fun way to spend your time, but it sucks to have people who act like n00bs destroy your hard won victories.

This guide is for newbies who don't quite have it all figured out yet, but would like a headstart on the competition (aka--everyone else in zOMG who doesn't quite get it yet).

In any game, with any other people being involved in, you have to learn to be polite, or at the very least, tolerant. When you have a group full of rude people, the games ceases to be fun.
And games should be fun. Period.

So please read it all guys, if it's important enough for me to spend typing, I think it's important enough for you to be reading.

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

► As stated in the introduction. Do be aware of everyone around you. Some people know what they're doing, but some others don't. Just be prepared to deal with everyone, and have an attitude of tolerance.

► Do not speak in chatspeak if you can avoid it. Chatspeak is fine for tight situations where characters are harder to type. Such as when in crews or battling. But for running around, in talk or shout, do not use chat speak. No one will take you seriously.

► Do not run up and ask if you can be someone's friend. ...this type of randomness isn't really a good thing in zOMG. This is not the 'Welcome to Gaia' forum or Towns. This is a MMO, and in a MMO, you come to play. Just because it's free, doesn't make it any less of a dedication.

► Do go for the freebies. Freebies are amounts of gold (100gg) that are given by one npc in an area. These npc are located on your map as dice, find them, get some change, and play the game.

► Please do use the guides and other resources that are located in the zOMG forum. Now that I have actually made one, I know how much hard work is put into these suckers, no one who has it out for you would post a bad guide. The zOMG regulars stomp those out pretty quick. Use these guides, they're here for you.

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

► Always, always, always whisper or talk to someone before inviting them into a group. I get random requests all the time inviting me to groups. It's rude. Random requests make me feel like a piece of meat. Just don't do it people, and you'll end up getting that Doll Shrine and Papa Group twice as quickly!~

► Never leave a crew member behind. Ever ever. If you are relying on them enough to add them into your crew, then you should want their company. If you run off without them into the instance, they have no reason to follow. Include your members. Don't let them get gangbanged, and that will save you the stamina that's required for a defib.

► Don't be a crappy crew leader. If you have absolutely no idea what you're doing, don't go starting a crew. Unless it's a kamikaze crew...and then that's up at the higher levels, and you should know near everything by then. But don't just walk into Papa Saw without someone who knows what they're doing. And I don't care about pride--that person needs to be group leader. Be organized, be fit, know what you're doing.

► Share the chests. For real guys. You all worked hard to kill off those enemies. A nice, quick, and clear 'chest!' when you enter that map square should give your group a chance to get there, kick some butt, and be included in the chest booty. Be nice, split the loot.

► Keep a constant stream of communication. Unless you've completed this quest, or that instance a billion times before, you need to tell your crew where to go, and what to kill. A mutually agreed upon order of operations is a requirement for any crew. Keep it tight, keep it smooth, and the game progresses beautifully.

► Don't just kick people because of lag. This one is really hard, even for me. But if you do, (just don't) be nice about it. None of this: 'lyk, omg, betch u r kiked!' Lag is difficult, and while it becomes a problem, maybe they just need to know to turn off crew ring animations to fight lag. Share a little bit of the knowledge, because some other people might not know it.

► If you invite someone to your crew for farming/instancing and want them to lower their level, give them a few moments. If their computer is laggy, if they're in an area surrounded by animated, or have buffs on them at the highest Rage Level: that they need to keep them alive...it's not quite opportune to be switchin' CL down so you can get into the instance faster.
Please refer back to bullet number two in this section as well.

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

► When soloing, be aware of others. (See? Awareness is key.) Everyone, no matter the area, is doing the same type of farming and quests you are. Be sure that while you are doing your own thing, you're not causing problems for them.

►Don't beg for a defib. over shout. Ever. The maps are small enough that you can walk your happy little butt right back to whatever spot you came from. The Null Chamber is usually located in the middle of the map, you can walk. But if you're in Otami--okay, give it a yell. If no one replies, then Awaken. It's not that hard of a walk.

► Don't touch a chest you haven't earned. It's simple guys, if you did not kill the blunt of the people around those chests. Don't touch them. Those people are working their butts off to be able to take a crack at that chest. Leave them be, there are other chests, baskets, and crates in the game. And I guarantee there will be another opportunity for you to open one.

► Don't drag enemies. Ever. Don't do it. If you can't beat who you aggro'd. Don't run like Hell into another group of people hoping they will deal with it. Either face it like a man, and be dazed, or run away. But not into people. While soloing, I have had other people run past with animated in pursuit. Well, once you get out of their zones, they'll return to their map square. To get there, they have to run by me again. If I'm focusing on beating one enemy, and only have so much health left, I'm doomed! Try very hard not to run!

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

► Once in awhile everyone needs a little help. But, do not help people kill enemies unless they're struggling. No items or loot is jipped from this action, but there is just something about getting your own kill that's satisfying. Try not to destroy this mood for other players.

► Do use defib. If you are one of those fortunate few who carry them, do use them. I have been saved a walk countless times by you folks, so thank you. Defibs are amazing, and those of you who have that ring equipped are truely appreciated.
However, do not walk all the way over to an obscure part of the map to heal someone. Seriously, they can totally walk. Their legs are not broken after awakening. The about a minute wait to use all their rings again will not kill them.

► Do not use chat speak. No one will take you seriously. Once again, just saying.

► Do talk to people, if you are trying to complete a quest in one map square, and they are trying to complete badges in that map square, see if you can group together instead of battle each other over the spot. It's called sharing, and I know your parents taught you about it when you were little.

►Please, please, please be nice to people. Even to people you don't know, don't group with, or never play with. Sometimes what you say will affect their interest and play in the game from that moment on. Don't ruin the mood. Games are fun, let's keep it that way.

Wheezing Browser

User Image

User Image

►Farming is a great way to earn gold and orbs to charge up those spare rings in your inventory. Do, however, be careful while farming. People in those areas are also trying to do quests, and your farming may hinder those efforts.

► Do not take kills. This has been stated, but it's important enough to state again. Do not take a kill if you did not aggro it first. Leave the other player and their kill be. There are plenty of enemies in the game, and it says nowhere that you have to have that specific one.
Even if they're bosses...come on guys, they spawn again.

►When going for the badges (I love badge farming) be sure you're aware of the consequences of your actions. For example, in Bass'ken Lake, when you kill the trashcans, fluffs pop out of the trees to laugh at you. Some of these fluffs (Carrion fluffs) are not passive enemies, and will attack you on sight. Do not kill the trash can and leave all those fluffs for others to have to deal with. That's just bad manners. Give a hoot, don't pollute!

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

► I see this all the time. You can wear eight rings. Your ring set is what sets you apart from other zOMG'rs, it's the reason why you can group with random people and have a good group for farming or quests. But here's a tip, do not have a entire ring tray of one set. Do not have all close combat rings, do not have all buff rings, do not have all ranged combat rings. Have a care and have a set that is equal.

► Do watch what rings you are using and when. Running out of stamina is never good, but remember your target. If you are being gangbanged, use your crowd control rings. If you are focusing on one target, use your melee rings. It takes practice, but try very hard not to mix them up! Using the crowd control rings at the wrong time can get you in quite a muddle.

► Do make sure that your crew knows what rings you're using so you don't double up. Up at the higher levels, people swap out their rings all the time so that every buff can be used. But at lower levels, make sure you have a ring set that has it's ups, so that when you crew up, you have a unique set that works for both soloing and crewing.

► Be nice about other people's rings selections. Unless you're cl 12, and have advanced knowledge about all of the rings, don't harass people about their lineup. Just because it's not yours, does not make it wrong. Be kind. But if they do have a useless ring that doesn't quite work in their personal line-up, don't just shut them down. Tell them (nicely) that while that ring might be good, for them, maybe this ring would be better.

Wheezing Browser

User Image
User Image

► There are five different ways to chat: talk, crew, shout, whisper and clan. Talk: this projects your message to anyone who is in the same map square as you. Crew: this option sends your message to anyone who is in your crew, no matter where they may be. Even if you're on Bill's Ranch, and they're in Barton Town, they will still get your message. Shout: this sends your message to every person in your region (region = Otami Ruins, Zen Gardens, Gold Beach) ...one more time--every person. Whisper: this requires a username, but once you insert the username in the first box, and write your message in the second box, it goes straight to that one person, and them alone. Clan, same deal, the message goes to all clan members, regardless of map placement or server.

► Do not spam the GIM. This is a basic rule for any zOMG'r. Here's the thing; if it's not game related, you should not be shouting it. Seriously guys, this happens way too often. I don't care if your friend can't group with you, and whispering can't include the third person, I don't want to hear your inside jokes and one liners. I don't want to have to scroll up in order to read, 'SS run, 3 spots.' I don't want to turn off shout just because you can't control yourself. Do not shout conversations, it's rude to other zOMG'rs.

► Do not whisper random people in chat speak just because you can. It's not like random comments, that usually compliments avi's, profiles, or artwork. It's kinda' scary, and has a stalker feel to it. Do, however, whisper people and ask if they would like a Dead Man's Pass spot. That's good etiquette.

►Do understand the lingo. If you don't know what 'buff check' or 'ps' or 'gb' is, ask. That's the only way you'll learn, don't put off a good question. Some people thing it's stupid, but hey, all you'll have to be told is once, and then remember for next time.

► If you you screw up: do apologize. If you get some impromptu help say thanks. Really. A 'sorry' or 'thanks' is not that difficult. This goes for all the sections of this guide, but since it's posted into your GIM--there you go.

Wheezing Browser

User Image

All images were located here.
Thank you all artists for all your amazing slash screens,
I really enjoy my the wait between maps now.
Your hard fought arts are gorgeous!~

► Thanks so much for reading all that.
Now, go forth, and use what you've learned and stuff.
And keep it fun, because zOMG is a game guys.
Jeesh.
Oh. And post if you liked this guide. Let's try to keep it on the first page so that newbies can see it.

And just because I like to put links to important things places,
I have one here for you.
You can add it to your 'guides to view' posts.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3886qfw][img]http://tinyurl.com/376q4d7[/img][/url]

Here's a list of guides and resources that I have used.
And if you get stuck at all, be sure to read up!

Bria's guide for your zOMG Adventures.

Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items and more!

The Lone Wolf, a Solo Player's Guide

The Newbie's Guide to zOMG

Clan FAQ

Tombstone Songs: Deadman's Pass Graveyard

Faith's Guide to zOMG! Badges
YAY!
Finally!

EDIT: First post?

EDITx2: YAY! First post!

Wheezing Browser

Yes finally!
I've been wanting to write this sucker for months!~
And yes. First post.
4laugh
Niomo
Yes finally!
I've been wanting to write this sucker for months!~
And yes. First post.
4laugh

YAY!
I'm writing a guide too!
And I wanted a guide on etiquette to link to!!

YAY!

Wheezing Browser

Oh goodie then. That entirely works out.
You'll have to send me the link on yours so I can read up and add!~
Yippee zOMG!
4laugh

Perfect Saint

Let's see how this goes. Might add this to the list of recommended threads I force-feed people.
First page! XD I'm so glad there's a thread on this. People tend to overlook these kinds of things a LOT, so it's good that you took the time to point it out. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff