Welcome to Gaia! ::

If Angel and jzmajor were to get in a two on one fight with Landshark, who would win?

Angel and jzmajor 0.20967741935484 21.0% [ 26 ]
The Above Option 0.096774193548387 9.7% [ 12 ]
This Poll is Bias 0.40322580645161 40.3% [ 50 ]
Poll Whore! 0.29032258064516 29.0% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 124 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 > >>

User Image

Roll up, roll up. Calling all Gaians, mighty or not; fit or jovially under-developed; or just plain excited!
We want you! Applications are now opening for 2010's greatest ever yet, GAME SHOW FANTASTICO!

This is, if you haven't figured by now, a game show. The original creators, may I add, are the wonderful jzmajor and the jubilant Angel of True Lies. These two lovely people are the ones funding this project, but if you would like to see the prize values go up or contribute for the next contest, a little donation wouldn't go astray!

Contestants must reach deep into their souls and fight it out to be crowned:
Gaia Champion of Z-Oh-My-Gameshow 2010.

CURRENT ANNOUNCEMENT

Hooray! Today we have the first round of Season One!!

Good luck to all the competitors!

UPDATE YOUR SIG!!!
We have shortened the links down so that you can fit them easier!

User Image

RULES
I shouldn't have to mention them, but for fear that this could get out of hand really quickly, I shall cite them. But only once, never again. Well, I might... Depends really. As per-usual the forum moderators will be scanning and searching for anyone who breaks these rules. There will also be thread moderators that will be doing the same job, so you'll have to listen to them too. Oh, and it'll be the usual three strikes and you're banned! Please don't make us have to do that.

Rule 1: First and foremost, please obey the Terms of Service. If you have a short memory, or just generally have forgotten, please check them here before posting.
Rule 2: No flaming, trolling or offensive material. I know it may seem fun, but please, leave it to the politicians.
Rule 3: This is not a chat thread. If you want to discuss your wonderful and exuberant life, please have a look at this forum here! It'll be great for someone like you! I hear, from a little birdie, that it really wants some new content!
Rule 3: Try to read all of the content on the first page before commenting. It might save some embarrassment later!
Rule 4: Don't use that funny chat/text/leet speak. This is a forum used by a diverse society, it's hard enough understanding written language as it is let alone you talking like you are from Mars!
Rule 5: Have fun! (Cliché eh? Get over it!)

User Image

CHANGE LOG
Game history, changes and maintenance:
Times and dates are all in NZST (New Zealand Standard Time), this means for most of you the dates will be a day in front of you. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY
//2010: .
Current Local Time in New Zealand can be found here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=264

15/04/2010: Currently under-construction.
29/05/2010: Thread moved to zOMG forum!.
31/05/2010: Added new posts and changed content. General overhaul of structure of the Gameshow.
26/06/2010: Added a new poll.
04/06/2010: Round one of Season One starts!

VISITS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

A Race.

From the lowest point in zOMG to the highest! A race referee will count down from "3...2...1!" and give both contestants a boost of full-rage fleet feet to start them off.

There will be a person waiting with another full-rage fleet feet designated points along the route. The racers must stop and say "QUIZ ME!" to identify themselves to the person waiting for them. To make sure the other person doesn't get a boost that they didn't earn, one of the contestants will have a person waiting for them one screen to the left of the designated locations (so we'll need 8 people to be quizzers)

The racers have to answer their questions before moving on. If they answer the question correctly, the person will give them a full rage fleet feet boost. If not, they continue without. Racers have 15 seconds to reply, so you better know how to type fast!

The rules are:

• No using the null chamber to map-hop allowed. Using your own speed buffs or ring-sets will only be allowed if BOTH contestants have them equipped.

• The only PDA map allowed will be the global one that shows all the maps.

• The first person that reaches the end wins.

User Image

User Image

Scavenger Hunt.

A list of differently dressed avatars will be given to each scavenger. The scavengers are allowed to travel to any and all maps in their search.

The scavengers must use crew chat to announce when they've found an avatar on their list and ask that person to wait while a mod comes to verify and take down the person's name so they don't get used more than once. If the person leaves before they're verified, then that scavenger's score won't be tallied until their screen-recording is viewed.

The person or people found cannot be NPCs. Yes, that means even Leon!

To keep it from dragging on too long, there will be a half-hour time-limit and whoever finds the most on the list wins.
User Image

User Image

Map-Clearing Event.

Contestants will take turns going in and clearing a designated map of all monsters! They can equip whatever rings they want, but they can't buff themselves up beforehand. The referee will start a timer and when the contestant is done, they'd have to shout "VICTORY!" and sit there recovering while the referee goes in and checks to make sure the entire area is free of monsters (except for the ones that re-spawn, those don't count). Person with the shortest clear time wins.
User Image

User Image

Hide and Seek.

There will be on designated person hidden-in-plain-sight(they'll be walking around, fighting and whatever) in each map. The seeker must look for this person by walking around and talking to different people. The person the seeker is looking for will only respond to certain conversation. For example, the person in VG might be described as an avatar wearing pink that only responds to insults. So the seeker would go around giving different insults to every person they see that's wearing pink, and if they insult the correct person then the person will give a thumbs-up and respond with a description of the next person in the next map. This continues until the seeker reaches the last map and finds the last person. The seeker that finds all their people first wins!
User Image

User Image

Attack of the Clones.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Contestants will be given 30 minutes to go around soliciting people in their friend's list, in chatterbox threads, in Barton Towns, etc to log into zOMG dressed exactly like them (the contestant).

The contestant can be dressed however they like: elaborately with many layers of clothing and accessories, newbish or simply in an "I am" disguise. Imitators need not change their natural hair/eyes/skin tone to imitate the contestants, just their equip-able items. These people will temporarily be added to your friend's list so they can show up as blue dots on the PDA map.

The contestant must then lead their look-alike army in a charge across every screen in the map of their choice, destroying or buffing everything in their path. Cohesion is key, and points are deducted for imitators that wander away or get left behind more than one screen. When contestants reach the end of their map, the one that has the most imitators and the least stragglers wins (one point for every imitator). However, the contestant who chooses a more expensive outfit for their followers to imitate gets an extra point for every 1k it goes above their competitor's.
User Image
User Image

CONTESTANT REQUIREMENTS:
1. Some kind of screen recording software that you can later post up for everyone to see. Free software can be downloaded here: http://camstudio.org Make sure you select the "FULL SCREEN" option in the "Region" tab before you begin recording. Also try saving the recordings to your desktop to make them easier to find when you upload them to a place we can watch them.

EXCEPTION CLAUSE: You can still participate in the contests if you don't want to use the screen-recording software. The trade-off is you get 20% deducted from your prize winnings.

2. Must be at least CL8.0 to maximize your chances of survival running through the monsters in all the maps.
3. Must be punctual. If you're picked to compete and you're 5 minutes late, your name will be knocked down to the bottom of the list and the next available person will take your place.

Contests will be scheduled according to Gaia Standard Time (GST).

User Image

CONTEST HELPER REQUIREMENTS:
1. For the race event, must have a Fleet Feet ring.
2. Must be punctual. If you're picked to help out and you're 5 minutes late, your name will be knocked down to the bottom of the list and the next available person will take your place.
3. CL must be high enough to survive your designated map (see table below).

Contests will be scheduled according to Gaia Standard Time (GST).

User Image

YOU MUST BE AT LEAST THIS CL TO PATROL THIS MAP:

Barton (BT): Doesn't matter, no animated
Village Greens (VG): CL 1.0
Bill's Ranch (BR): CL 1.8
Zen Gardens (ZG): CL 2.8
Basken Lake (BK/BL): CL 4.2
Gold Beach/Old Aqueduct (GB/OA): CL 5.0
Otami Ruins (OR/OC): CL 8.0

NOTE: You can be both a mod and a contestant. Obviously we just won't schedule you to be both simultaneously XD
User Image

30/05/2010: Thanks to Mighty cow huger 619, for being our first contestant to sign up! He even got 5k!
Also a thanks to gaza hype, for wanting to be a contest helper!

31/05/2010: We are almost underway with our first contest! This is so exciting!

Also, we are currently deliberating our current time zone situation. Please stand by for more news.

PAST POLLS

User Image
26/06/10 Ended.
User Image

CREATORS

The special people behind this amazing gameshow! Three cheers! NO NOT CHAIRS! DOWN BOY!

User Image
Angel of True Lies

Hi, everybody! A lot of you might've seen me around Zomg and know me simply as "That naked guy" XD My buddy JZ and I are both CL 10s, completed every task and beaten the End Boss several times. It seemed like the only thing left to do was get kill badges (OMG, the 5k ones are grueling! @_@; ) and wanted something more fun to do. I came up with this crazy idea and he was crazy enough to listen to me XD Gotta give him props, he's responsible for putting this all together. Hope you enjoy! Good luck!

User Image

User Image
jzmajor

Well, well, well. You wanted to look at me, huh. You must be crazy. Well it's time to move along, there isn't really that much to see or talk about. Except for the fact that, in similar fashion to above, I love zOMG (despite that we have done all the missions, including EB), I am helping Angel get all of his 5k badges at the moment, and I am having a really hard time understanding my Normal Distribution homework (I mean come on, how am I supposed to remember x value minus the mean over the standard deviation?!!)!

User Image

SPECIAL THANKS TO

User Image
Mighty cow huger 619

Not only has this guy donated over 100k to the gameshow, he was the first to sign up for a contest! He's also a CL 10.0 and a proud mod of this forum, so if there is anything you need to know (unless it's a secret) just ask him!

User Image

THREAD MODERATOR
This lovely person helps run this great place!!! If you have a question, ask her or the Creators!

User Image
animeprincess411

User Image

DONATIONS!

We thank these lovely people for their generosity and doth pimp them here cool

Mighty cow huger 619 - 120k
animeprincess411 - 55k

User Image

Some other people may be added soon...
*suggestive wink*
User Image

PRIZES TO BE WON

If you take part in just one contest, the prizes will start at 10k
1st place: 10k
2nd place 7k
3rd place 5k

User Image

Attention: the winner of season one's Hide and Seek will win an extra 10k. This was made possible only by the lovely help of Mighty cow huger 619; who not only donated this prize, another 20k but also is giving up their time to be a mod in this Gameshow!
--

The winner of season one's Race will also win an extra 10k, courtesy of our very own animeprincess411, who was not only our first mod, but also gave 5k to our gameshow's first official contestant!
--

You will also get an extra 15k for winning the Map Clearing event! Thanks to animeprincess411!
--

You'll also get an extra 20k for the Attack of the Clones event, also from animeprincess411!

User Image

Take part in all 5 contests and you could win up to 100k!
1st place 100k
2nd place 75k
3rd place 50k

There will also be small forum prizes too.
Like the first person to post on the 20th page gets 500g!
And on the 50th page; they'll get 1k!
AND!!! 100th page; 3k!

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
The first person to sign up as a contestant, when we start, will get 5k, personally from animeprincess411!!!

User Image

PRIZE WINNERS

Sorry guys, none so far.
But just you wait!
There will be some!
User Image

These people are confirmed and going to participate!

SEASON 1

RACE: Arikame vs. TheFemalePhantomhive

SCAVENGER HUNT: Arikame vs. TheFemalePhantomhive

MAP CLEARING: Arikame vs. TheFemalePhantomhive vs. Dancing Mia

HIDE AND SEEK: Arikame vs. TheFemalePhantomhive

ATTACK OF THE CLONES: __________ vs. __________

ALL 5 EVENTS: wolves814 vs. iiAkio
Coming soon...

Not in any particular order either.

• Contest 1,
  • Association's Post,
  • A Proper Coming Soon Section,
  • Prizes Post,
  • Art for Above Sections.
  • A Guild for organizational purposes. (Currently under construction)

There is nothing else to say. But in the mean time...

Try one of these on for size!

[align=center][url=http://bit.ly/99sZNS[/IMG][/url][/align]

User Image

[align=center][url=http://bit.ly/bsaHoM[/IMG][/url][/align]
What a pity. There's nothing here.
I wonder if this post is reserved?
This is, without a doubt, reserved.
What did your face say to the hedgehog?

Back off!!
User Image

Goat Pirates

User Image
Join us. We're like Goats, just Piratey!

User Image

zOMG CHATTERBOX
User Image
Chat, chat away!

User Image

zOMG AWARENESS WEEK

User Image

Z!Spot

User Image

GUIDES

Faith's Guide to zOMG Badges by Mizz Faith.

Bria's Guide to your zOMG Adventures by Bria_Teragram.

Shallow Seas & Beyond - A Guide of Tips & Tricks by CleoSombra.

Kat's Guide to Defeating the Bosses by Kats Kokeshi Doll.

z!F's Guide to Rings and Ghi by Valheita.

User Image

OTHER FUN STUFF

POST YOUR "OMG" ZOMG PICS HERE! by AKlawyerboy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff