Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swap me...!

Gaian name:Kazoo_Kazoo
Title of work:Arcana (Working title)
Genre:Fantasy
Approximate submitted length:8000 words
Brief description: Long ago the Proak used their magic to solve a catastrophe. The magic required more sacrifice then they could give and a gateway was opened, unleashing the demon they gained their magic from. The demons were sealed away, and the story has past into myth.

Now a miner has uncovered a strange symbol, the seal of the king who first trapped the demons, and unwittingly destroys the seal setting them free. Odd thing is, it appears that it wasn't an accident that the seal was destroyed. (If you would like a full plot overview, spoilers and all, just let me know.)
Current status of work:Chapter four finished and editted.
Please pick apart my...: Wording, plot, are the characters realistic?, interesting?, pace (it may be too much too soon). Names, but don't worry so much about that. I am terrible at naming things. ><
Additional notes: Each chapter is about 2000 words. Also, there is an old and a new chapter one posted. I recommend reading the new chapter one, but you are welcome to read the old one to compare.
This looks good. Let me know if I can help.

Drop me a line...

Gaian name: EstoPerpetua
Prefered Genre: Short Stories or Poetry, but I will read and critique absolutely anything.
My perspective is usually...: I prefer First person, but anything works.
How much you can handle:/ I'm better with smaller works, but I will try to get back to you on longer ones too.
I'm good at picking apart your...: Emotions in the story/poem, characters, and phrasing.
I want to be contacted through...: PM me to start out, I can work off email too if it becomes involving.
Additional notes: Forgive me if I don't reply to you quickly, my brother is a computer hog, and even if it's summer I am forced to write research papers every week.
Swap me...!

Gaian name:SatuAI
Title of work:No Title yet.
Genre: Fantasy
Approximate submitted length: About 5,600
Brief description:A kingdom is in civil war with its queen as she has been driving the kingdom into the ground. A girl, Charlie, bent on revenge, is after the queen to make her pay for the death of a loved one. Her and her friends try to surprise attack the queen during a kingdom wide rebellion but the queen knows more about them then Charlie and her friends know. Upon finally meeting the queen, they are tricked into a trap and sent to a new world.

Current status of work: It is technically going through revision. Subject to many changes.

Please pick apart my...: I have issues with tense, POV changing, and using pronouns too often. sweatdrop

Additional notes: You can PM me or if you have a deviantart (which is its location) you can critique there or note me.

If you would like me to read yours I am better with prose than poetry.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
SatuAi
The title and genre of your work. -- No Title yet. xp It is fantasy.

- A short description and approximate word length
Word length about 5,600.
A kingdom is in civil war with its queen as she has been driving the kingdom into the ground. A girl, Charlie, bent on revenge, is after the queen to make her pay for the death of a loved one. Her and her friends try to surprise attack the queen during a kingdom wide rebellion but the queen knows more about them then Charlie and her friends know. Upon finally meeting the queen, they are tricked into a trap and sent to a new world.

- The current status of your work (Finished, unfinished, rough draft, revising, etc...). You may also specify areas you are looking for particular feedback on.
It is technically going through revision. Subject to many changes.
I have issues with tense, POV changing, and using pronouns too often. sweatdrop

- Any additional notes (EG; Do you have a thread for your work, or do you want your feedback over PM's?)

You can PM me or if you have a deviantart (which is the its location) you can critique there or note me.

Can you resubmit this using the actual form on the first page? Thanks.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kapow and Kazoo, thanks for adding yourselves to the lists!
Tommy Dionysus
SatuAi
The title and genre of your work. -- No Title yet. xp It is fantasy.

- A short description and approximate word length
Word length about 5,600.
A kingdom is in civil war with its queen as she has been driving the kingdom into the ground. A girl, Charlie, bent on revenge, is after the queen to make her pay for the death of a loved one. Her and her friends try to surprise attack the queen during a kingdom wide rebellion but the queen knows more about them then Charlie and her friends know. Upon finally meeting the queen, they are tricked into a trap and sent to a new world.

- The current status of your work (Finished, unfinished, rough draft, revising, etc...). You may also specify areas you are looking for particular feedback on.
It is technically going through revision. Subject to many changes.
I have issues with tense, POV changing, and using pronouns too often. sweatdrop

- Any additional notes (EG; Do you have a thread for your work, or do you want your feedback over PM's?)

You can PM me or if you have a deviantart (which is the its location) you can critique there or note me.

Can you resubmit this using the actual form on the first page? Thanks.

Thank you and done

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Thanks, added.
I have something I want reviewed but its in my blog on myspace... Would anyone still be willing???

I'm not really sure how to get it in here... confused
Hm. Sounds interesting.

Drop me a line...

Gaian name: Nano_Quill
Prefered Genre: Steampunk, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Fantasy - generally stories/poems that require a little thinking. Anything's good, though.
My perspective is usually...: From any point of view is fine.
How much you can handle: Any length.
I'm good at picking apart your...: Entire work - grammar, pacing, and all.
I want to be contacted through...: PMs, e-mail (starflare145@yahoo.com) preferred. IM only after request and scheduling.
Additional notes: I will NOT read anything you don't feel at least a little pride for. Period. I will also get grumpy with the lack of proper spacing between paragraphs. And don't request that I "go easy"; I don't flame/troll but I will not show any mercy. You don't need it to get better in writing anyway.

Neophyte Raider

Swap me...!

Gaian name: xFallenMisery
Title of work: Fading Light
Genre: No idea. Friendship/Adventure?? ... Suspense?
Approximate submitted length: 4k
Brief description: Well, Fading Light is a story that I'd really like to continue but can't find the motivation because I never get any really in-depth crits. Anyway it's about Xauc and Cyrii and... Yeah I'm making it up as I go along and I really hate having to summarize my works so. *shot*
Current status of work: In-Progress.
Please pick apart my...: Grammar, pacing, characterization, just everything all-around...
Additional notes: Mmmm getting critique usually helps me get motivated, sooo. It can be read here.

Drop me a line...

Gaian name: xFallenMisery
Prefered Genre: Action and adventure, but I'll read modern fantasy (like, you know, fantasies that take place in made-up modern cities... or futuristic cities... You get the idea.), and really anything that's not lovey-dovey romance or mystery. Or any sub-genres thereof. I only read stories, by the way.
My perspective is usually...: First person and Third person.
How much you can handle:/ I'll read anything as long as it's under 50k. Feel free to contact me again if you have an update you want me to crit/read.
I'm good at picking apart your...: Grammar, word usage, spelling, that kind of thing. Also how characters are handled and... yeah.
I want to be contacted through...: PM or email (tsgshadowstar@gmail.com), please.
Additional notes: All I do all day is surf the web and check my email. Obsessively. So yeah, I'm pretty free. X3 I will not read anything that doesn't have proper paragraphing. K?

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Is it possible to exchange query letter reviews here?
Ezia Tiger
I have something I want reviewed but its in my blog on myspace... Would anyone still be willing???

I'm not really sure how to get it in here... confused

Swap me...!

Gaian Name: Ezia Tiger
Title of Work:I Cry Butterflies
Genre:Poetry
Approximate submitted length:About 100, maybe more...
Brief discription:A Sonnet, about crying really. I'm not really sure how to describe it.
Current status of work:Completed
Please pick apart my...:Emotion
Additional notes:Please feel free to comment any thing else you happen to notice!

Heres the link! The poem is I Cry Butterflies!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&bID=537238324#ixzz0uXOVChho

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Swap me...!

Gaian name:Kikiura
Title of work:It'll Be Over Soon (in the Arena, but it may be difficult to find)
Genre: Horror
Approximate submitted length:505 words
Brief description:"Valentine's Day. The day to show your love for someone. I have something planned for you, dear, to show you my love..."
Current status of work:Complete, but always open for criticism
Please pick apart my...:Everything, but specifically flow, consistency. And notes on the story in general would be greatly appreciated.
Additional notes: Vague descriptions of blood, disturbed thought process and general horror-ish stuff.

Drop me a line...

Gaian name: Kikiura
Prefered Genre:Anything! Except for Harlequin-esque romances. Gag me with a spoon, I'd much prefer that. I can do limited fanfiction, but everything else I'm good with. Poems, short stories, lyrics, fantasy, horror, you name it, I can edit it. It just might take some time.
My perspective is usually...: Consistent first person (no switching perspective unless there is a defined flip for a good reason) and third person. Present and past tense both fully accepted here, too!
How much you can handle: Any length.
I'm good at picking apart your...:Grammar, spelling, sentence structure, word usage (ie. bolt instead of run, etc. Generally for overused words or words that better suit the scenario) flow, consistency (characters staying similar throughout [no major mood swings], tenses used, etc.)
I want to be contacted through...: PMs preferably, but email works too. deamon_fire_angel@hotmail.com is where you can find me at, but please only send me e-mail if I don't respond to your PM within three days. I'm nomally pretty consistent in checking both, but email will almost always be my fallback.
Additional notes: I'm on my computer very often, but I use my iPod touch for a lot of internetty stuff, making Gaia difficult to visit on a regular basis (no mobile edition yet).

Super Bear

Drop me a line...

Gaian name: Lizzyru3
Prefered Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Title of work: Not yet titled
Length: About a page but its not all is on the internet yet
Brief Description: "A young girl has always grown up knowing a different life. A life to where a vampire coven has protected her family for generations. On her 18 birthday her life is about to change. A betrothal to the prince of the vampire coven, leaving her life long friend and guardian. Along with meeting a strange new vampire that has strolled into town. Wat will she chose? Devotion to her family and the contract that was made so long ago? Or following her heart and going with the new stranger?"
Story Status: Rough Draft, Please leave me any feed back that can help me improve. Even if you dont like it, please tell me

Story link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/original-stories-prose/not-titled-yet/t.61176693_1/#1

Familiar Businesswoman

Swap me...!

Gaian name:Yume The Loving creature
Title of work:Twilight Rain
Genre:Fiction
Approximate submitted length:2,246
Brief description:Nashi is arriving to America, with her mother and father. Dated back in the early 1900's, this family can't help but ridicule the fine ground of America, and love their home country:China. But, a chain of events leads to a rather sticky situation. With a pinch of magic and lots of gore, maybe Nashi will see past politics.
Current status of work: Working on Chapter three while editing chapter two. Chapter one is up though!
Please pick apart my biggrin etails, Grammar, transitions
Additional notes:<3 Thanks
Drop me a line...

Gaian name:Yume The Loving creature
Prefered Genre:Everything but Non-fiction
My perspective is usually:I enjoy all, but I LOVE 1st person <3
How much you can handle:I'd like stuff that isnt too deadly long.
I'm good at picking apart your razz lot, plot holes, point of view changes, how smooth your transitions are, overall plot worth(well, basically how appealing your main story is)
I want to be contacted through:My msn:elementalgirl212@hotmail.com
Additional notes biggrin on't be scared to ask me a couple of question on my critique. All of it always has a reason behind it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff