Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello there o: Welcome to this lovely recycled thread in which you can complain about lag all you want. That's what it's here for after all. Scroll down for memorable quotes and a rather accurate graph courtesy of Lan Sukasa. I kindly ask that you do NOT quote this entire post as this leads to page stretching and is just unpleasant.
Feel free to subscribe, <3, or bump this thread when there's lag afoot and you feel like complaining about it.

Being a recycled topic you can assume it was bumped for one or more of the following reasons:
1. Epic lag
2. Lag spikes
3. Rubberbanding
4. To complain about lag in a controlled environment.
5. Something equally as bad that I didn't mention.

and assume that I say thanks after every cycle. ;D

Lag spike FAQXXXXXXXX

What is a lag spike?xxx
A lag spike is a brief to extended period of time in which the server seems to freeze up or become unresponsive. They can last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. They might happen far and few between or happen every couple of seconds.

How can I recognize a lag spike?xxx
Your attacks/buffs will seem to have no effect and everyone on screen will appear to stop in place. Though you will be able to move still, after the spike ends you'll revert back to your original position before the spike began. Rings will take effect only AFTER the spike has ended. Your chat will be completely frozen during a lag spike. You can attempt to send messages, but none will show up until after the spike ends. It is best not to spam as it could cause a slight lag if too many messages appear at once. It's also likely you'll have a glowing red dot near the top of your zOMG window to signal that it is indeed a lag spike.

So wait, what causes a lag spike?xxx
Lag spikes happen when a server gets too old and stressed out. This just means the poor server has reached its limit and can't take much more. Lag spikes are more common late in the week when the servers have been up for a long time.

How do you fix/get rid of lag spikes then?xxx
There's nothing you personally can do to fix it unless you belong to the zOMG team. You'll just have to hold out for a server rotation. Until a dev comes along to cycle the servers out of their misery then the lag spikes will continue to happen and may even get worse.

I should make a bunch of threads so the devs will notice and fix it faster!xxx
This is a bad idea. Making 500 hundred threads to complain in, contrary to popular belief, does NOT help fix the lag. The best you can do is bump a previously existing thread about the issue and sit tight. The devs will get word of it soon and fix it when they can.

User Image

Also from a few many cycles ago:
Don Nando
cry sniff they don't care about us, they are probably sitting back drinking beers and counting the money they make off us emo

Quote:
[System]: Servers will be cycled in 5 minutes. Soon as I finish my beer.
[System]: Few more minutes till server cycle. Still counting this pile of money.
[System]: New servers NAO! And remember to recycle bottles!

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Can't go back for it's too late...

Yoru would like to see a third server. That would spread the population over a wider area, and would actually help get rid of some of the lag.

To the dream world I escape...

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Aloy is tired of hearing the servers have gone to s**t again every time she's thinking about going in to play. :/

I mean, really, it's the weekend. We need more than two servers. As a matter of fact, we should never be below three servers, as if one goes down, then everyone piles onto the other one, then it goes down, and Gaia goes up in flames.

9,025 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
It's the weekend, are the devs even online?

Wheezing Elder

67,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Partygoer 500
Goofball seems better than Gramster.

Loyal Loiterer

Bloodychess
It's the weekend, are the devs even online?

Oh jeez. You mean we're gonna be stuck with these servers ALL WEEKEND?

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The thing about cycling the servers is that people get butthurt that it happens in the middle of their ss run or something.
Kinxed
The thing about cycling the servers is that people get butthurt that it happens in the middle of their ss run or something.

Then they should send out a "servers cycle soon" warning like they did that one time. That way nobody has an excuse for whining.

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed

Then they should send out a "servers cycle soon" warning like they did that one time. That way nobody has an excuse for whining.
They send out a message every time... people still baw. There is no way around it.
Kinxed
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed

They send out a message every time... people still baw. There is no way around it.

Then those people don't deserve to be payed attention to then, they'll obviously baw either way.
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed

Then those people don't deserve to be payed attention to then, they'll obviously baw either way.

3nodding

The best thing to do would be to give out a warning an hour in advance, that ought to give them enough time.

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
AXL Pendergast
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed

3nodding

The best thing to do would be to give out a warning an hour in advance, that ought to give them enough time.
Yeah but then the people not on at the time of the warning will cry when they get cycled. XD

Don't get me wrong, I would like the servers cycled too but ..... ya know.
Kinxed
AXL Pendergast
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed
Rehearsal for Murder
Kinxed

3nodding

Yeah but then the people not on at the time of the warning will cry when they get cycled. XD

Don't get me wrong, I would like the servers cycled too but ..... ya know.

True, but maybe they could announce it in that little scrolling thing above the servers list?
That way whether you were or were not online at the time, there would still be a notice.
Rehearsal for Murder
True, but maybe they could announce it in that little scrolling thing above the servers list?
That way whether you were or were not online at the time, there would still be a notice.
Erm, I kind of doubt that anyone looks at those, since normally, it has the same message for quite a long period of time. gonk
Malignant Virus
Rehearsal for Murder
Erm, I kind of doubt that anyone looks at those, since normally, it has the same message for quite a long period of time. gonk

Ah, but the point is, it would be there.c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces