Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Sorry for missing last week's ATA thread, I had a spring break myself and went back home to visit my family. Next time I'll be sure to post a notice ahead of time. sweatdrop

We're busy at work preparing for the upcoming events. Easter should be fun, and the new guild page is about to be released, so keep your eyes open!
That big red bunion makes me want to re-join Gaia. Did it actually work for new members? And is it in good taste? It makes us look a little like “that was easy” to me.

Some on PMed me and told me she didn’t want to Role play on Gaia because some one told her there was a worm virus going around Gaia. I was wondering how do worm viruses work and how would Gaia deal with them?
I still want Lanzer to answer this one
What is the strangest gift you ever gotten from a fan?

I hear a lot of people in ATA talking about Gaia needs Ginny pigs or hamsters or some thing what do you think about making a game like fish tank only for small fury land animals? And if you did how involved would that be? And would you give us a break and NOT make the new pets all cash shop?

3,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Hi out there

*aims gun slowly at Lanzer* how you doin?
1: Why do you guys continuously churn out randomizers and put them in the cash shop, for people to blow their hard-earned gold on at a game of chance, when Gaia would bring in so much more money by selling all of the items contained in the randomizers in the cash shop, instead? I'm not the only one who thinks that Gaia's actually losing money with the way things are now, and with more and more people realizing that they have horrible luck, and aren't willing to buy the randomizers for the small percentage of getting a super rare item like the Mercury Moon or Lanzer/VO Dolls. Happy customers = more money for Gaia, so why are you dead set on pissing off so many of us by throwing the randomizers at us?
Quote:

Okay, lets take this 149 generator. Lets say that Gaia believes that this is the best and quickest way to make money, so there are terrible chances to get super awesome items.
and so, lets keep it simple, with 100,000 item generators are bought.

1.49 *100,000= 149,000
heck, lets bump it up to 120,000= 178,800

Now if we sold Apollo's warmth as an MC for 2.50 with less users.
2.50 *50,000=125,000
not alot, right?
But wait! the CS suddenly opens up the CS for the Demon Cats, which are also sold for 2.50...same amount of users buy them. for the same price.
So
3 demon Cats are being sold for 2.50
50,00 users for each cat. So you get
125,000*3=37500 +the 50,000 who bought the Apollo's Warmth, which brings you to a grand total of
(125,000*3)+125,000=500,000.

From 4 ******** wanted, highly desired items.
Half a million could have been made. More could have easily been made. with more items.

It's not that hard. I mean, I'm not an economist or anything, but it makes more sense to sell these items in the CS individually than put forth the effort of making all that coding to have a random item generator and artwork to go along with it. =/

2: How do any of you sleep at night, constantly haunted by the outraged and anguished screams, groans, and rants of both the regulars of GCD and SF?

3: Do any of the Gaia staff (admins, devs, artists) listen to J-Rock/Pop or any other Japanese genres? If so, what's your favorite band?

4: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

5: Do any of you sing in the shower? (be honest!) XD What's your favorite song to sing?
User ImageI have a question:

Where the f is simone?

She stole my cookies last week and i want them back mad

Extragalactic Officer

15,240 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Partygoer 500
Hey Gaia staff and crew it’s me crepu!

Anyway I have a few questions.

1. How would one apply to be a story writer for gaia?
2. When will the next gaia life changing event happen?
3. Any clues on what the new and final pet system will be like?
4. Will there be more races introduced on Gaia?
5. Will there ever be a giant water meat like the giant kiki?
6. Will we ever have a real deemon hat?
Thanks for answering my questions.
Hey every one! My thread

I finally got the NASA segment up and a few other things too!
I did tak a week off to work on other projects but I still posted things. I realy want to attract more people to the thread but I don’t want to bring evry one on Gaia to it so if you havnt looked yet, check it out.

Also if you want to use my ideas to inspire your ideas I’ll allow it.

So we welcomed Ethan last week, but who is he? Who does he like? Is he good or evil? What town does he live in? is he the trigger of a new prom event? Whys he only selling 3 items? Why wasn’t he here last year? what do we know about this pretty boy?

I was looking threw my saved files looking up some of the old fan arts and NPC parody images from the past. People on Gaia have all kinds of crazy speculations, Liam was an Orphan, Liam fathered an Orphan, Gino is secretly Evil, Sasha is Gay, Sasha’s Evil clone shot Ian and will come after Gino next, Liam’s biggest fan will tie him up and beat him with a whip..etc made me think …..

What is the strangest Gaia plot rumor that the community has ever spread? Or do you not follow NPC fan threads?

What NPCs will be next to have there back stories expanded on?
pirula
Hi out there

*aims gun at Lanzer*
User Image

Noooooo *punches pirula and saves lanzer*

Lanzer...you owe me one.

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Hi Lanzer and Staff!

So, I have 3 questions this week. Whoever knows can answer them. Here they are:

1) One of my guilds as about 200 people, and we need to send all of them a message. I thought I read someone that mass messaging for guilds would be coming soon. Is that part of the new Guild page?

2) What's going on with Timmy? Evil Timmy was separated but he wasn't destroyed...he's got to come back some time right? I love Timmy! Especially Evil Timmy, he made the X-mas event for me. I really hope we haven't seen the end of him!

3) I’m sure this has been asked a ton but oh well. Any idea when zOMG will be out of beta? And will new areas and higher levels be coming for people who have reached 10.0?

Thanks ahead of time! I wish I could stick around and talk (and maybe I will), but I have tons of homework due tomorrow that’s I’ve put off till the last minute. Procrastination is fun, but it’s stressful too. xD

<3 Roki

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Hey everyone! Hope things are going well!
I got a Hermit cat for my tank!
Right to the questions:
1. We gonna see any drag NPCs on April Fool's? It would be a good way to fool enemies...
2. Is Gino gonna throw himself a big birthday party in May? YOu know what they say- if you want something done right, ya gotta do it yourself!
3. How is "Aekea" pronounced?

Festive Genius

6,740 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Hi lanzer and staff.

This is my first ATA i'm posting in =D.

I know it's early, but what are you guys planning on doing for easter? (not for the gaia event)

Also when you made the narwhal plushie and the aquarium fish did you purposely design it after the actual narwhal or did you just kind of make it up?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
USEFUL LINKS

The home of past Ask The Admin topics: Ask the Staff subforum

AskED the admin: Answer Compilation (built and maintained by yours truly)
x_Graff_x
pirula
Hi out there

*aims gun at Lanzer*
User Image

Noooooo *punches pirula and saves lanzer*

Lanzer...you owe me one.
Until your distress sleeps.....

You just punched a dev! that could've been a water gun! D;
.....Fill me up with your grief
Evening everyone at the AtA! Hope you are all doing fine ^_^
I have a few questions
1) Why does Logan tell me that I must have the un upgraded rod on my Inventory when I try to upgrade my rods? (Obviously I have the un upgraded rod or I wouldn't be trying)
2) Last week my avi disappeared. Couldn't log in, so I logged into my mule, and when I looked up my main it had no picture, no name, nothing. What was that all about?
3) The overseer keeps granting me Leviathan Anklets, Lidless Demon Armor, etc. The Daily Chance grants me Aquarium Backgrounds. These items are piling up on our inventorys and we can't get rid of them that easily. Is there a way you could let us sell them back to NPC's or just dump them somewhere?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
You've described Gaia as "a parallel existence where fantasy meets reality. It's a place where talking about magic is just as okay as talking about your iPhone." And yet, despite plenty of places in the past plots where a magic-user would have fit nicely, so far the only wizards we've heard about are in item descriptions like the ones who made the Elemental Hair or the Bone Dragon Helm. We've had plenty of fantasy creatures, but unless Edmund is secretly a techno-mage (which might actually explain how a serum based on herbs can cure undeath), why don't we have any NPCs who cast spells yet?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff