Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Welcome to the Final Fantasy VII Compilation thread. This sticky will be covering the following:

- Final Fantasy VII

- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

- Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
What Belongs

- Discussion about all the games and the movie. Yes, that even includes remake rumors!

- Character discussion, couple discussion, try to keep it tame though.

- Tips and tricks to beating any bosses or the ever popular Chocobo breeding.

The Rules

- No Trolling.

- No Spamming, Bumping or Page Stretching posts.

- Follow the ToS at all times. See something wrong, report it using the forum reporting system.

Redundancy

- All Final Fantasy VII and compilation game threads are redundant to the sticky and will be moved to the Recycle Bin.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Final Fantasy VII

Originally released for the Playstation 1 on September 7, 1997.

Remake was announced at Sony E3 2015 conference - release date TBD

A giant energy manufacturing company known as Shinra Inc. is harvesting the sheer life energy of the Planet as a simple fossil fuel. Processed and made into products known as Mako and Materia, these materials can work miracles, granting the wisdom of the Ancients to the user. However, this substance, like all other fuels, is finite in supply, and the Planet's lifeforce is being malevolently drained by the constant exploitation of Mako by Shinra. Though aware of the harmful effects, they function without remorse.

However, the real battle lies not with a corporation, but a force much more competent from the distant past. A long-thought dead warrior bent on becoming more and more powerful, coupled with the Planet's drained energy, threatens the very existence of everything sacred.

Now a small rebel group eminating from the slums must quell the various dangers toward the innocent, and one mercenary for hire must look amidst the lies and deception and find the man he is within.

Welcome to the world of Final Fantasy VII. Now meet the players...

Cloud Strife - Cloud is the main protagonist of the game. He is first seen fighting along side Tifa and Barret in AVALANCHE, an anti-Shinra organization, but shows little interest in their main goal of protecting the planet. But with the return of Sephiroth and the appearance of JENOVA, Cloud is trust into a battle that will eventually unravel the mystery of his past.

Tifa Lockhart - Tifa is reunited with Cloud in Midgar and fights and stands by his side throughout their journey. She is a strong fighter and demonstrates strong compassion toward her friends.

Aerith Gainsborough - The flower girl of the Slums, Aerith is the last surviving member of the legendary Cetra race. After Cloud drops into her church, she tags along with him. While praying for Holy in the Ancient City, her life is abruptly cut short.

Barret Wallace - A man with a fiery passion, Barret is the leader AVALANCHE. He seeks revenge against Shin-Ra for the lose of his village, family and friends. He fights alongside the rest in order to save the planet.

Cid Highwind - A famous pilot that almost made it into space before his dream was cut short. He joins with Cloud and is the pilot of the airship, Highwind. While assisting Cloud's group, he accomplishes his dream of flying in space.

Red XIII (Nanaki) - Named Nanaki, he was a test to Hojo when he was rescued by Cloud. Nanaki accompanies the group on their journey and discovers the truth about his father, one he once considered a coward who fled.

Reeve Tueseti (Cait Sith) - Reeve is an employee of Shin-Ra, working for the Urban Development Department. He joins the group by as Cait Sith, a robot he controls from Midgar.

Vincent Valentine - A man with a troubled past that once worked for the Turks. Vincent was used a test subject by Hojo and resided in a coffin for many years to atone for his sin. Awoken by Cloud, he follows in order to stop Sephiroth, Lucrecia's son.

Yuffie Kisaragi - Yuffie is a materia hunter who searches for Materia in order to restore her home, Wutai, back to glory. She follows Cloud's group in order to get at their Materia but stands beside them in order to save the planet.

Zack Fair - Zack was a key player in the Nibelhiem incident, risking his life to escape and protect Cloud, who suffered from Mako poisoning. Much of Cloud's initial persona is is heavily influenced by Zack's. He fights to protect his friend and tragically dies miles from Midgar.

Sephiroth - A legendary member of SOLDIER, Sephiroth goes missing under mysterious circumstances after a mission in Nibelhiem and is presumed dead. He returns years later in search of the Promised Land. He is the main antagonist of the game.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Advent Children

Two years after the events of Final Fantasy VII, the Planet is recovering from the devastating attack by Meteor. The survivors of Midgar have built from the wreckage a new city, Edge. But a sickness, Geostigma, is sweeping through the Planet and from the ashes three new enemies emerge, seeking out their. Cloud and the group must fight together to once again save the planet.

Advent Children was released on DVD on April 25 2006, nearly 9 years after the original release of Final Fantasy VII.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Dirge of Cerberus

Set one year after the events of Advent Children, a previous unknown group known as "Deepground" has been discovered under the ruins of Midgar. They wish to summon Omega to destroy the planet. Vincent Valentine is thrust into the battle to save the planet again, with the help of friends new and old. Vincent's backstory takes center stage in Dirge.

Dirge of Cerberus is a third person shooter that was released on August 15 2006 for the PS2.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Crisis Core

Crisis Core is set years before the events of the original game and is centered around Zack Fair's life with Shin-Ra. It tells the story of the end of the Wutai war and the events of Nibelhiem, an event that would shape Cloud into the person he is. It introduces new characters and sees the return of many known characters.

Crisis Core was released on March 25, 2008 for the PSP, a prologue to the original game.

Before Crisis

In Before Crisis, the Turks take center stage. An introduction to many new characters and the return of some well known Turks, released in the form of chapters. The game is so far only available in Japan on their cell phone carriers, no international release date has been announced.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Welcome to the brand new sticky! Please let me know if you notice anything strange. And enjoy! heart
This makes sense, the Advent Children sticky was becoming a little obsolete.

It's too bad that none of the Compilation is anywhere near as amazing as the original game...

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hypi
This makes sense, the Advent Children sticky was becoming a little obsolete

A lot of people used it as a general Final Fantasy VII sticky, so we figured this was a good idea.
Malee
Sephiroth - A legendary member of SOLDIER, Sephiroth goes missing under mysterious circumstances after a mission in Nibelhiem and is presumed dead. He returns years later in search of the Promised Land. He is the main protagonist of the game.

I'm sure a lot of fangirls would agree with you on that last point. xd

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
P 7
Malee
Sephiroth - A legendary member of SOLDIER, Sephiroth goes missing under mysterious circumstances after a mission in Nibelhiem and is presumed dead. He returns years later in search of the Promised Land. He is the main protagonist of the game.

*double checks* You made me paranoid there for a sec. XD I thought I had written protagonist, which was possible as my brain was dead while writing this. And it is obvious.
Malee
P 7
Malee

*double checks* You made me paranoid there for a sec. XD I thought I had written protagonist, which was possible as my brain was dead while writing this. And it is obvious.

Well, even with Sephiroth's good looks [sarcasm]and charm[/sarcasm], that did need to get fixed. ^_^

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
P 7
Malee
P 7
Malee

Well, even with Sephiroth's good looks [sarcasm]and charm[/sarcasm], that did need to get fixed. ^_^

Oh so charming with his giant sword and naughty habit of stabbing things.

What get fixed?
Malee
What get fixed?
Never mind, ya already fixed it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items