Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

This is Cindy Donovinh reporting from the Shabby Meadows Orphanage. It's been over a year now since Santa was mind-swapped with a cow, and Gaians still haven't fully adjusted. With Cow-Santa nowhere to be found, many Gaians don't know where their Xmas gifts will come from.

None have been hit harder by Santa's absence than the residents of Shabby Meadows, Gaia's filthiest orphanage. Without the jolly Xmas mascot to provide holiday cheer this season, where will these miserable orphans turn? Let's ask this young lady:

User ImageCINDY
And what's your name, little girl?

ORPHAN
M'name's Monia, ma'am.

CINDY
Oh my, what a lovely name!

ORPHAN
It's short fer pneumonia. *cough*

CINDY
So, what's life like at Shabby Meadows?

ORPHAN
Awright, I s'pose. We eat sometimes, and we got some ol' bits of rocks to play with. Sometimes we find a whole rock, but we use 'em up pretty quick. Sometimes we play with Mr. Raccoon, but he's kinda surly. That's whyfor Billy only got one thumb. An' sometimes we eat. Did I say that already? Food's purdy scarce, ma'am. Say, you got any gruel in that fancy truck a' yours?

CINDY
Why no, I don't have any gruel... would you like a cucumber sandwich, perhaps? I believe we have a snack tray in the news van...

ORPHAN
Naw, thanks just the same, ma'am, but our stomachs are too weak for proper food. We gotta eat orphan food. You know, like gruel an' ratmeal an' industrial hardtack, an' stuff like that.

CINDY
If times are so tough around here, why not go next door to the adoption agency? I'm sure there are many wonderful families who'd love to have a beautiful girl like you as their daughter!

ORPHAN
Oh, I dunno. Maybe if we were a little more presen'able. I got these old clothes, lookin' all shabby… kinda shameful! Them nice families won't got much use fer a critter like me, cept'n maybe to use fer a dish-rag.

CINDY
I see. Without Santa around, how will the children at Shabby Meadows celebrate?

ORPHAN
Welp, I guess we gotta make our own presents, ma'am. I made this'a here doll outta teeth and hair.

CINDY
It's lovely, dear! Where did you find such shiny teeth to use for eyes? Show it to the camera, so the nice people at home can see.

User Image

To find out how you can help Gaia's orphans, scroll down and read the Xmas event info below!
Gaia Xmas: Help the Orphans!

Even with Santa hiding in a pasture somewhere, we can still help the orphans of Shabby Meadows! If Gaia's citizens band together to help out, I'm sure we can find good homes for all of these wonderful kids.

Here's what you can do to help make this Xmas a special one for the children of Shabby Acres:

• Visit the Xmas Event Page to take on an orphan of your own.

• Your orphan will appear in the site header, beside your own avatar, and will occasionally request help from you; they may be hungry, bored or sick.

• Visit Gaia's shops to buy food, medicine or toys for your orphan. Remember: Shabby Meadows kids have weak stomachs and peculiar tastes, so only special orphan food, orphan toys and orphan medicines will satisfy them!

• As you continue to help your orphan, he or she will eventually become presentable enough to deliver to the adoption house! Return to the event page to find your orphan a nice home.

• After your orphan has been adopted, you can visit the event page again to help out another orphan. As you help more orphans find homes, you'll get more Xmas items!

What are you waiting for, Gaians? Let's go help some kids!

Caroling in Gaia Shops!

Unfortunately, Gaia's shopkeepers are all stuck at work during the event. It's up to you to cheer them up! If you visit their shops and sing them some festive carols, you'll be rewarded with special Xmas event items. Here's how to do it:

• Visit Gaia's shops

• Whenever you visit a shop, you'll automatically sing a carol!

• You must wait 1 minute before caroling at another shop. You've got to catch your breath!

• When you've caroled 15 times, you'll be rewarded with a special event item.

• There are 8 Xmas items in all, so keep coming back!

Xmas in Gaia Towns!

For even more holiday fun, be sure to visit the winter wonderland in Gaia Towns!

• Visit the center of each neighborhood map to go ice skating!

• Click on the kiosk above the skating rink to get some snowballs to throw!

• Click on the music scrolls outside houses to go caroling! Each time you carol at a house, your cheer meter will fill up a little more. When it's full, you'll earn one of the Xmas event items!

This has been a special report from Cindy Donovinh and Gaia 9 Action News. We now return to our regularly scheduled broadcast of The Ron Bruise Xmas Special. Happy holidays, Gaians!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces