Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the Journal for Edelsteine Phaedra, Ruthless Desire. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of Sosiqui.

User Image

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Post One: Ivy's Post
          Post Two: Table of Contents
          Post Three: Phaedra, Ruthless Desire
          Post Four: Nebula, the Host
          Post Five: The Pantheon; Friends and Enemies
          Post Six: Servants
          Post Seven: Followers
          Post Eight: Treasures
          Post Nine: Greed's Labyrinth
          Post Ten: History
          Post Eleven: Images
          Post Twelve: Artwork
          Post Thirteen: Quests
          Post Fourteen: Random/Empty Space
          Post Fifteen: End Notes

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Greed: The excessive, insatiable,
and uncontrolled desire
to acquire and possess more
than one needs or deserves.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Personality: Seductive desire, a throaty alto voice, and deep intrigue. Phaedra is not a nice goddess, though she is friendly enough and presents an elegant and seductive face to the world.

Phaedra is extremely manipulative, and utterly without morals when it comes to getting what she wants - she'll steal, blackmail and otherwise sin shamelessly and offer no apology for her actions. She's a classic femme fatale in the truest sense of the word - and what could be more fitting, for Avarice herself?

Phaedra hungers to acquire both precious things and people, and takes delight in manipulating those who are ensnared by greed. She is both mistress of her element and consumed by it, reveling in her own desire and avarice. She is quite predatory, taking joy in laying plots and snares for the unwary, in watching those luckless souls grow fat on her power and then plunge into the abyss.

To her followers, Phaedra promises the fulfillment of their most desperate desires - but not the selfless ones. Phaedra would not grant food to the hungry, but she will offer whores to the sex-starved and the potential for wealth by any means to the unscrupulous. She sees generosity and charity as weaknesses, completely useless, and is highly disdainful towards those that practice either. This is not to say that Phaedra doesn't give gifts; she does. However, they nearly always come with strings attached, strings meant to eventually pull the recipient into Phaedra's web. A gift from her given free and clear is incredibly rare, presented only to those she actually likes as an equal or to her Lord the Twin Crown.

Phaedra relies on her ability to dominate and take control of any situation. When placed in a situation when she cannot attain dominance, or if she is forced to act in a way contrary to her own nature, she becomes surprisingly fragile and unsure of herself - though she won't express that weakness outwardly except by being especially snappish and rude. She trusts very few people and will open up to only a handful of those she knows. For all others, the facade remains regardless of what Phaedra herself feels.

Likes: Treasures, rarities, and delights of all kinds. Mind games. Plotting and planning. Intrigue. Blackmail. Sex. Toying with people. Promoting her own superiority. Destruction. Jahara. Jin Huang. Malh'reth.

Dislikes: Being bored. Being prevented from getting what she wants. Being defied. Responsibility. Generosity. Charity. Goody-two-shoes gods. Tian Yue. Nergal. Glyph.

Image Song: 'A Million Ways', OK Go

Powers:
Bribe: Getting what you want illicitly usually involves bribing others. This power allows Phaedra to summon up something she wants to offer as that tempting first bite. This is the ‘first taste is free’ sort of bribe, to hook the unwise with larger bribes into often less and less favorable deals. It can be anything medium in size or quantity, but of good worth: multiple drug vials, a cask of excellent vintage, multiple bank-papered wads of bills, etc..

Of Course You Do: Phaedra can exude an aura that intensifies the desires of those within the field. While very enlightened individuals who have no wants may be able to avoid this, for everyone else it becomes exceedingly difficult not to try to pursue fulfilling that want in the most immediate way possible.

Simony: Those who pay this Lady of Destruction's domains appropriately gain her lips to whisper into the ear of Destruction, with a high likelihood of success that their prayer be granted against rivals and enemies. She risks much in using this power, but if paid well enough, why not prove you can get your way?

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

fingertips so gently on my skin
i'm underwater, i feel the flood begin
fingertips so gently on my skin
you're taking over and over again

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.History: Nebula was originally an Aoide in the house of Tien Lung. She was born a year ago from a mysterious plush toy, along with many others of her kind, and came into being with an overwhelming desire to serve, protect, and love her Lord - and to ingratiate herself into his presence and household however she could. However, her intense emotions and lack of social skills made things distant between herself and Shaiming/Crispin, and later on with Tian Yue as well.

Then, one day, she found herself chasing a rat... and everything changed.

Under Phaedra's not-so-loving care, Nebula's previous emotional intensity only increased and became far more unstable. Her mood swings were wild, and she carried a deep desperation in her for affirmation, acknowledgment, and love. Unfortunately, her highly awkward and demanding ways of expressing that need tended to turn people away from her; her lack of impulse control and over-emotionalism giving the impression of a highly unstable personality.

Phaedra fed her desperate desires and brought the Aoide closer to her, more deeply under her own influence. As the goddess' power increased, Nebula's personality began to shift into a shaky reflection of what she believed the goddess to be. Her psyche fractured under the strain, and Phaedra had to devote a great deal of power to keeping her host sane so that she wouldn't devolve into uncontrollable madness before the goddess was ready.

In the end, Phaedra devoured Nebula piece by piece, after a spectacular dive into insanity.

Liked: Affection, snuggles, and pets. Being made to feel included, needed, wanted. Phaedra. Ixa. Jahara. Tian Yue. Colin.

Disliked: Being alone. Morgan. Asherah. Lao Shu, the Rat. Toki. Tian Yue, sometimes.

Image Songs: 'Underwater', Delirium; 'Manic Star', Conjure One

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Deities of the Risen Pantheon:
    Lord Harmodius, the Twin Crown: Ah... welcome back, pretty rainbows and alabaster. You're not as fun as my Emperor, but I can't say I'm not happy to see you. Dying wouldn't have suited me at all.
    Lucius, Universe: He was a superior snit, but... well, he didn't really deserve that. Oh well.
    Gianfar, Knowledge: (...)
    Byrne, Rebirth: (...)
    Eamnonn, Hunt: (...)
    Beryl, Wind: (...)
    Melanctha, Shadow: (...)
    Morpheus, Dream: (...)
    Kaelin, Water: Such an audacious meeting, Water! I look forward to seeing you again now that I've no kitten to hamper me.
    Revei, Dream: (...)
    Illumin, Light: (...)
    Khiviance, Love: (...)
    Lisana, Laughter: (...)
    Evadne, Mountain: (...)
    Echo, Music: Only a glance, and yet you've already been useful to me.
    Panacea, Medicine: (...)
    Tilion, Lunar: (...)
    Kishara, Gaia: (...)
    Calico, Insanity: (...)
    Nergal, Underworld: How nice to see you again, Underworld. Does Kore know how you look at Music?
    Gelezis, Magnetism: A bit over-strict, but his hunger to be free of mortal shackles is easy to read. At least he had manners.
    Desiderio, Love: (...)
    Tera-Ilana, Archery: (...)
    Caolan, Suffocation: (...)
    Sh'khin, Plague: Ah, my brother. Such marvelous steps you have already made - I will surpass them soon enough, but the effort is quite admirable. We will meet again.
    Halhigil, Assassination: (...)
    Melanthos, War: (...)
    Itztlac, Night: (...)
    Karaskis, Fire: (...)
    Gadriel, Deception: (...)
    Endiovar, Silence: The god is as dull as ever. The boy... I had hopes for him at first, but then he had to go and be sickeningly sweet. Ugh. Still, there may be something there I can use.
    Lucidique, Suffering: (...)
    Tien, Trickery: I suppose I shall have to apologize for the kitten's folly. Such a bother.
    Jahara, Poison: Dearest sister. So good to see you well, and free of your own kitten - though she was quite amusing. Hurry and grow into Yourself in truth, and then...
    Chari, Charity: (...)
    Cosine, Number: (...)
    Neva, Winter: Ah, Neva. A delight to see you walk again as well. What a pity you've been saddled with such a burden, but you will repair that problem in time, even as I have.
    Dagny, Science: (...)
    Ankou, Spirit Guide: Did you enjoy your play with Rainbow, pretty one?
    Tista, Chance: (...)
    Eid, Oath: (...)
    Umbra, Shadow: (...)
    Tajnevaki, Mystery: (...)
    Glaucon, Judgment: (...)
    Glyph, Forest: He is mine, you presumptuous b*****d. You'll find out soon enough what happens to anyone who takes what is mine...
    Bazyli, Famine: (...)
    Alazne, Arcane: (...)
    Lacrymosa, Grief: (...)
    Sotiris, Guardian: (...)
    Akakios, Lament: (...)
    Una, River: (...)
    Nixie, Rain: (...)
    Adra, Forge: (...)
    Alecto, Anger: (...)

The Nine Dragon Kings:
    Jin Huang, Dragon King Futs Lung: Ah.. the game begins again, does it? I find that I have missed it, and you, more than I expected. You always were my favorite.
    Shenlei, Dragon King Shen Lung: (...)
    Xuan Yi, Dragon King Qian Lung: (...)
    Kawagiri, Dragon King Ti Lung: (...)
    Li Shing, Dragon King Chien Tang: (...)
    Zhijian, Dragon King Ying Long: (...)
    Tian Yue, Dragon King Tien Lung: Insufferable creature...
    Xia Lu Ling, Dragon King Yu Five Claws: (...)
    Zhang Li Kuang, Dragon King Mang: (...)

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

All who live. They'll learn who their Imperatrix is soon enough.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Golden Scarab Artifact:
A precious treasure of Phaedra's previous rule, relic of Greed and Animal. The scarab was stolen just before Phaedra's death by the traitorous rakshasa, Jatasura. He misused it to create hollowed-out slaves. Phaedra and Nebula stole it back during the Incident at Achai.

The scarab is alive, in a strange sense, and loyal to Phaedra now that it has found her again. Its bite holds many unusual properties.

Magpie Nest Pendant
((Thank you, Thabby!))

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

image coming... eventually

A miniature of Greed's Labyrinth of old, Phaedra's chambers in the Pantheon consist of two distinct areas. The first, the Labyrinth proper, is a series of very small rooms connected by twisted and winding hallways. Visitors who make it past the Labyrinth, or who are invited in directly by Phaedra, will find themselves in the inner sanctum - a room with soaringly high ceilings and the outer wall entirely of glass, overlooking one of the more spectacular lava pools in the gardens. The lava gives a rich red-orange light to the inner sanctum.

Every wall in the Labyrinth is dotted with deep niches to hold treasures; most of them are currently empty.

The door to the Labyrinth is made of lace-like golden rutilated quartz, studded with rubies and moonstones, with a brass knocker and an inside handle made of gold.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Note: This account is not intended to be an accurate measure of the IC length of time between events.

September 6th, 2007: Nebula finds Phaedra's gem in the vault of the South Metro Museum; the jewel sinks into her right eye socket, destroying the eye as it roots. In shock, Nebula staggers out of the Museum and meets Ixa on the way. The sphinx helps her back to the Pantheon and Tian Yue's quarters, where she learns that another Aoide had pretended to be her while she was chasing rats.

October 2007: Nebula finds Asherah, the 'Nebula imposter', and, enraged, attacks her. Tian Yue stops their fight, but Nebula's hatred for Asherah is cemented by their meeting.

October 2007: Phaedra and Nebula meet Destruction; He begins to change Nebula's mind about what it means to be host to Greed. Destruction gives Phaedra a quest, to recover two of her artifacts of old, and takes on His aspect of Greed, much to the goddess' delight.

November 17th, 2007: Nebula meets with Ixa again and learns that the sphinx has become the host of Jahara, goddess of Poison; this makes Phaedra overjoyed, as she calls Jahara 'sister' and seems quite close to the other deity. Their meeting is turbulent and highly unpleasant for both their hosts.

December 2007: Phaedra coaxes Nebula to manipulate Tian Yue's Aoide servant Toki; through this, they discover a nearby city, called Achai, and journey there. Phaedra decides to gain power, wealth, and influence in Achai, and use all those things as a springboard to recover her artifacts.

Under Phaedra's guidance (and orders), Nebula hires herself out to a brothel in Achai called Nirvana Six. There, she meets a pair of Olisikits named Epi (another exotic dancer) and Zoot (a bouncer). Their adventures in Achai are extremely long and complex, involving a rakshasa from Phaedra's own past who, as it turns out, has Phaedra's scarab artifact.

January 2008: Nebula and Phaedra finish their stay in Achai by virtually destroying the city's economy. Using the scarab, they destroy the mind of Jatasura, the treacherous rakshasa, and they bring scarab, rakshasa, and a good deal of treasure back home with them.

The incidents in Achai manage to shatter Nebula's already fragile mind, however. Phaedra has to devote a frustrating amount of her power to simply keeping her host sane; still, her power is growing.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

N-no! I didn't want this! I... I didn't...
Hello, sweet little kitten. Won't we have fun together, you and I?

Good-bye, little kitten. Such a shame... but we had fun, didn't we?

Power is born in me anew; oh, what games we shall play...

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

- Nebula and the Gem -

Poor Little Kitten by Syrie
Nom Nom Nom by Prolixity
Destruction's Gift by Syrie
So This is How It Feels... by Prolixity

- Morph -

The World Is Mine! by Anya! XD

- Youth -

Good Evening... by LividPeas

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

”One For Each Outstretched Hand”

Greed had symbols and devices of power, as many of the gods. Some of hers survived the ages.

-at least 1 solo trying to remember where they must lay. This will be hard, so early on in her existence. Where did she make her main dwelling? Would they remain there? Was she home when meeting her end, or did she carry them on her always and so they are somewhere else? Or did she leave them at other temples, with favoured mortals as blessings of keeping, with avatar Aoide, or some other such thing?
-at least 3 posts trying to get to the place where they lay. These may be joint or solo.
-at least 2 posts, joint or solo, trying to regain each artifact.
-at least one post for each artifact, solo, reactions to regaining her belongings.

-The Scarab – Complete!
A bed-gift of the powers mixed between Animal and Greed. Animal caught her eye, so strange, strong, fast and free with feather, fur and scale more glorious then any that could be procured by mortal hunter. So hunt she did with her wiles and caught for a night this other god. She was not able to pull any feathers or scales, for Animal was wise of the danger she might be, but they did make this together to commemorate their night.

The scarab now lies in the possession of a rakshasa. An ageless immortal of ill omen, the rakshasa was once a student of Phaedra’s, studying the magics and enchantments of making others *want*. The Rakshasa, however, was not dismayed when the goddess ceased to be. Here he saw his chance to take of her wealth and increase his own. He took the scarab, and has used it since to lure and trap mortals with its power and then to devour their want for his food. The mortals are left as willess, wantless shells: living bodies without desire at all. They make decent fodder for the slave trade, for menial, hard, repetitive labour where innovation isn’t necessary. While these poor creatures usually only live a few years after (they don’t remember to eat or bathe or anything without it being compulsory), the rakshasa has found that the obsolescence means he can sell more of them and make even more profit.

The rakshasa is old, cunning, and powerful with spells. He is not likely to desire to give up his prize or kneel again to a goddess that he knows is only just reborn. He would rather search for the power that managed to kill the gods in the first place, and send her back to it.

-The Fleece – Planning...
-feel free to be creative with where this one is now.

"Let come the golden scarab with its bite
A grinning skull, for danger, wears on back
Who’s bitten once has want of all in sight
But thirsts forever for what gold they lack"

"A shining fleece, who soft the eye reflects
That given freely to the love adorn
Shall find their hearts with sorrow soon be vexed
And kingdom left bereft and bed forlorn"

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Current RPs in progress, not posted:
Torrent
Kaelin

random crap, noting at work >_<

fleece plot; the tomb of the desert king, the last leader brought to ruin who had the fleece buried with him. nearby city; greed and hunger for water.

searching for info on the fleece: it's partially information gathering but MOSTLY feeling out the area and society around her, putting out feelers to figure out how things stand, and a way to keep busy while she gathers her power.

[color=#A77A19][/color]

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Rules: Mine. No touch. No post without prior permission. Thank you!

Credits: The Edelsteine are copyright to and exquisitely arted by Ivynian; Phaedra, Nebula and their NPCs are all mine.

Special Thanks: Thanks to Prolixity for listening to my nattering. And uber, SUPER MEGA thanks to Perri, who gifted me the RL funds that allowed me to get Phaedra. The fact that her acquisition was an act of generosity will haunt Phaedra to the end of her days. 8D

Requirements:

Quote:
Jewel to Morph
about at about 3 pages( after page 1)....aka:
normal=15-20 solo, 15-20 joint
I like writing with others=10-15 solo, 20-25 joint
I like my own writing=20-25 solo, 10-15 joint

Ghetto Tally sayeth: 4/14/08, 55 solo o_O;;; + 10 joint (+ additional 3 joint unfinished) = DING!

Ivy says: Hyveris: Joint ----- solo
Hyveris: 2 in progress joints posts 4 and 5 page 6
19______________________84

~_~ overachiever lol.

Requirements:

Quote:
Morph to Youth
about 10 pages...(after page 1)aka:
normal=60-75 solo, 60-75 joint
I like writing with others=40-50 solo, 90-100 joint
I like my own writing=95-100 solo, 40-50 joint

Requirements:

Quote:
Youth to Deity
about 20 pages...aka(after page 1):
normal=140-150 solo, 140-150 joint
I like writing with others=80-100 solo, 185-200 joint
I like my own writing=185-200 solo, 80-100 joint
Deity candidates must have gathered 40 followers or more to their banner via the plushie system. For every extra 2 plushies over 40, 1 point of either joint or solo post can be gained. There is a limit to 30 points (+60 plushies) to be gained in this manner.
Candidates must have at least three commissions from outside artists. These can be informal, from a friend, sketches or pictures.
Candidates must have created at least 5 works in glory of their edel. These many be pictorial, prose, poetry, or the like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff