GUIDE TO MAKING TONS OF GOLD ON GAIA

Chapter One - Getting Started
Chapter Two - Black Jack
Chapter Three - Fishing
Chapter Four - The Marketplace
Chapter Five - Investing
Chapter Six - Other Money Ventures
Chapter Seven - The Rich Get Richer
Chapter Eight - Botting (Why not to do it!)

Chapter One - Getting Started

You obviously need some more Gold before you can really get going on the road to being a Gaian millionaire. The following are what I believe to be the best options for you to start.

1) Poll Whore/Bumping/Posting/Profiles

This is the first thing you should do on Gaia. It gets you a little familiar with the site and nets you in some gold. It’s a great way to pass the time especially if you make some friends that you like posting and having conversations with. This also is a great way to push your quests out into the open(covered later).

All of Gaia’s basic gold gathering works off a decay system. This means your first post is going to be worth a lot, and the more you post the less gold you get. This means in order to get the most gold efficiency out of your time you need to do a variety of things. This is where profiles and poll whoring come in. Every time you go on you need to post comments in peoples’ profiles and vote in some polls along with everything else you do. The first comment I ever did got me 32 gold. The first poll I ever voted in got me 25 gold. Depending on how often you are on each time you log in your decay restores itself. Now I have never received these high numbers again but I will say that each time I log in I post comments until it drops back down to 1-2 gold again. Also voting in polls has no timer on it, so going into the chatterbox and mass voting can be a good way to get that last little but of money you may need for an item.

2)Arenas

The arenas are a great way to get gold. Not to mention the best part about the arena is that you get new ideas for your own avatar. Looking at various avatars may inspire you to create something or just mixing and matching other peoples ideas might make you happy.

2) Word Bump Game (Gold grant currently disabled)

The word bump game can be found in the games section of the site. Basically you form words to remove letters from the screen. With those letters removed the letters that are there shift upward. You do this until you can get the gold letters to the top and then you win that level. This is where the money comes in. At the end of each level you get a certain amount of gold. The most levels you beat the more gold you get. Every 30 levels you go you can get an item and the rows increase by one. Playing the world bump game is a great way to get gold if the other ways bore you.

3) Gaia Jigwsaw

This game is a waste of time on anything but easy. For the sake of the guide I went through and did the insane level. It took me about 4 hours and I got 455 gold. On easy it takes about 1 minute and you get 35 gold. As of right now I know of no decay.

4) Gaia Slots

Honestly there is so many other things you could be doing for money than this. I have heard some people can make a lot of money doing but mainly I play just for fun.

5) Black Jack/Fishing

Good for big and small money. However I decided they both deserve their own sections of the guide.

Chapter Two - Black Jack

After gaining your footing in Gaia the next step is to play Black Jack. Tickets won from this sell for 2.5 gold a piece in the marketplace. The big gain isn’t really from playing the hands though. Its from defeating each of the three dealers(guy, girl, bot). Doing this nets you some tickets from that dealer into your bank of tickets so that you “won’t tell anyone you beat them.” The better dealer you get to the more tickets it is when you win. In order to win you need to win hands until the life bar at the top right of the screen drops all the way down.

1) The Objective of Gaia Black Jack

Each player is going to get two cards. One of the dealer’s cards is going to be face down. The object of the game is get a card total greater than the dealer without exceeding a total card amount of 21. Its called blackjack because if you are dealt 21 with a jack you auto-win. I Gaia if your dealt any combination of 21 you win.

2) Card Values

Ace(1 or 11) King, Queen, Jack, Ten(10) 2-9(Their face value).

Don’t worry about this two much because the game will automatically count up your total for you. The only thing you have to look for is if you have an ace or not.

3) Actions

Hit - This will cause you to draw a card adding that card to your card total. If you hit and go over 21 you do what is called a bust.

Double Down - Just like hit except it will cause you to put down double whatever you have already bet for that hand.

Stand - End yours actions and starts the dealers actions. Dealer can only stand on 17 and up so dealer must hit on 16 and down.

4) Advanced Tips

Making the dealer bust is the best way to win. Its much easier than trying to actually get close to a 21 score. If you get 16 or higher for a score and don’t have an ace then stand. Because the dealer has to hit on 16 or lower it gives them a higher chance to bust. If you have 14 or lower then hit or double down. If you have 15 it can go either way. If you see an ace or 10pt card showing odds are you need to hit to win. If you see a low card like a 6 or 5 then go ahead and stand. Save your cheat ability for when you have 15 so that you can see what they have and better tell whether to hit or stand.

5) Using your ace correctly

A lot of people think that if you have an ace then you should just hit. Not always true. In fact I’ll sometimes stand even if I have ace/5(16). In this situation you are hoping for a low card so that you can hit twice because the only other card that can benefit you is an ace. Drawing a card worth 10 would keep you at 16 and use up a card that could bust the dealer. Conservative play is the best play. If you have ace/4(15) its usually a safe bet to hit though. This is because 15 is seemingly very easy for the dealer to beat, and hitting on ace/4(15) you have a better chance and getting a beneficial card for you.

Chapter Three - Fishing

On Gaia there is a huge amount of resources as to how to fish, what poles to use, and how to actually obtain the items that you can get from fishing. This guide however is how to obtain money in Gaia so I am going to just do a basic how to of fishing and then get into how to make money while fishing.

1) How To Fish

To fish you need three things. The first two are game items. You need your pole and you need your bait. These can be purchased from the fishing shop. I recommend just starting with the basic rod and the grade F bait. This way you can get used to fishing before you invest time and money into it. The last thing you need is the proper flash plug-ins. No worries though upon trying to start the game Gaia will prompt you to download them if you don’t have them already.

Once in the game its very simple. Cast out your line by clicking the mouse twice. Once to start and once when you get to the max distance. Always try to go as far as possible. The screen will prompt you when you hook a fish and from there all you have to do is move the rod back and forth with the mouse staying between the lines. It will auto reel it in for you. When it gets close enough you see what you got.

2)Making Money With fishing

Here is the tricky part. If you want to make money with fishing you are going to need to invest a lot of money into your ungraded rod and the best bait there is. Even then it’s a matter of luck to what fish you are going to catch. However once you have practiced enough to the point where you rarely lose fish you’ll be fine. Its just going to take a while until you start turning a profit.

There are two ways to make money with fishing. 1)Selling the fish you catch. 2)Selling the items you get from exchange. Both can make you money but there are a few things to remember. First of all the lower end items while they will get you a profit it won’t be a lot. Selling a guppy hat is going to cut it very close based on the luck you have had. So tip number one is to save up your fish. Selling fish in bulk in the marketplace is more effective than trying to sell the items.

If you get lucky and end up catching the fish you need for items without spending too much bait it still might cut it close. Check the market often for prices. A lot of times you may have to wait for a less busy time or day or even time of the month. For example: When a new feature hits everyone is going to be testing it out(including you =D), so not many will be fishing. Prices will go up for other game items and you can sell for more profit. Certain times of the month can be bad like after the sealed item is revealed. A lot of people are going to be spending their money on those items and not the fishing ones.

As far as selling fish goes, its actually what I recommend. Personally my skill in fishing is high enough where I am using the distance plus rod is Durem. It took me about 2 weeks of really playing to get that down. After you have gotten the point where you can catch everything in that area(or almost everything) just learn to filter. I have heard rumors of people that pull 15,000 gold a day from fishing alone in a relatively short period of time.

3)Filtering

Filtering is essential to a good fisher-person. Filtering means you learn the way the fish moves and purposely lose them in order to not waste bucket space. Regardless of what bait you use you only get so much bucket space. When its full you have to use another bait to continue. By filtering out the lower end fish you can save you bucket space for the higher price fish making your profit per bucket higher. If a fish is barely pulling at all its probably junk(can, boot, tire). So just throw your rod in one direction(using the mouse) and lose the fish

4)Bait

Bait can mean profit or loss in fishing. The easiest bait to make a huge profit with is F bait. In fact I suggest that most people use F bait. If you are really good at filtering and you have some luck you could use E bait. Basically you need those skills (and luck) to get the most costly bucket. It is possible to make more money with E bait but it is very hard. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, use A bait. =D. Its pointless. Some people believe it has a higher chance to catch rares. They’re wrong. E Bait has just as high a chance. The Only difference is that A bait has a higher chance to catch large fish. But you’ll never make any money that way. Only use A bait if your trying to make an item you plan on wearing.

Chapter Four - The Marketplace

There are many uses for the marketplace. It’s a great place to get a deal on items you would normally pay full price for in stores. Its also a great place to buy and sell merchandise for a profit. Also with the exception of player to player trades the marketplace is the only place you can get the monthly donation items for Gaia gold instead of cash.

1)Store Limit

The First thing you need to remember here is that you can only sell 4 items at a time. Therefore there is no point in having more than 4 items that you plan to sell soon in your inventory. This means the rest of the items are either to wear or for investing(covered later).

2) Buy Low Sell High

A big misconception with this method is that you should only buy items when they are super low and try to sell them at regular price. Depending on the item it could sell in a matter of minutes or it could take a while. Personally I have made 10,000 gold profit in about 10 minutes during peak time(5pm-10pm) just because item turnover is great and I sold a lot of items rather than trying to go for one big item pay out. The key is to get a good profit for the items cost. If you are buying an item for 10,000 and selling it for 10,050 its not worth your time. However if you are buying it for 10,000 and selling for 10,500 that is a fairly good profit depending on how fast it sells. The marketplace is all about quantity over quality. If you sold 10 of those items in an hour that’s 5000 gold. Lets use an example. Say you find an item that is selling fast during peak hours and you search for it using lowest buy out:

Lets say the buy out prices for this item are:

In this case what you do is buy out the bottom 3. Then instantly put them back in the marketplace for 5999, 5998, 5997. People were going to buy the lowest anyway. In a matter of minutes you could have made over 1000 gold.

3) What and When to Buy

This is quite possibly the most common question asked. The answer? Well the answer depends on how much money you have. To get the hang of the whole technique I suggest starting with Hockey Masks. Its what I started with. They take a lot longer to sell but you can almost always turn a small profit. After that just find a donation item that is in your price range. What’s your price range? Divide your money by 4 and that is about your price range. Once that number reaches about 50,000(meaning you have 200,000 gold) then you should probably start investing with all the money that you get over that amount. Personally I find that buying and selling OMFG hats at the right times can net 1000s in profit a day if not 10,000s (if done right) and are my favorite item to sell. As far as when to buy is concerned you check the price difference between the first and fourth item. If its significant enough to make a good profit buy out that first one and undercut the fourth place. I would like to say that about 90% of my experience has shown that the 3rd and 4th lowest buyouts usually make it to getting sold. So that price is a safe price. Of course selling an item costs you nothing so if you want to try to get a higher price feel free. The only limitation is the 4 spots in your store. That is why I say go for things that sell fast, however if your getting ready to log off and you want to try to sell something for a higher price until you log back on tomarrow go for it. The worst that happens is that it doesn’t sell and you have to throw it back in there.

4) Setting up your auction

The two big things to remember are: Buy out only, and no more than a 1 day auction duration. There is no point in setting up a bid, you’ll lose out on a lot of profit and sometimes may even lose money. As far as the duration goes the reason I do 1 day is because if it doesn’t sell in 24 hours there is something wrong. My auctions usually sell within minutes or hours not days. The big problem that you may have if an item doesn’t sell is that the price may drop drastically on an item. When the ORLY hats were revealed I waited for the price drop and when I thought it was safe I bought a bunch of them and started re-selling. After I sold about 4 of them the price hit another low that I didn’t anticipate. Selling now would net me about 500gold loss per hat. This is the beauty of using donation items though. Had it been a regular item you could be stuck cutting your loses. With donation items even if it takes a month or two the price will skyrocket back up. I turned those hats into investments. In fact I bought more because of the price drop.

UPDATE: Currently I am breaking even for those about half of the hats. I am holding out. ORLY hats turned out to be not one of my better investments. However the mythrill armor investment I made is paying out 10 fold. Happy shopping!

Chapter Five - Investing

Investing in Gaia items can be the most fun and rewarding experience or the worst and least fun experience. It’s a gamble in a sense but at the same time it’s a semi-safe gamble.

1) Sealed Letters

Sealed letters are the ultimate short term investment. There is a 99% chance that the items that get revealed are going to be popular so buying these letters and then selling them when the items are revealed is a great way to make a short term investment work for you. After the items for the month are revealed sell all you got. This is net you some big profit. Then wait for the price to drop back down again. After it drops reinvest that money in those letters. In a matter of weeks those letters will be back up again and you’ll be netting another short term investment profit.

2)Game Features

Game features can blow up a market in a matter of hours. At the launch of a new feature the price of items will begin to grow and grow and grow. This I consider to be the most risky of the Gaia investments. For example: Currently the Gaia developers are working on a battle system for Gaia. One of sep06's donation items is armor. Admins have already stated that they will never use donation items in the battle system. Now normally stock piling mythrill armor would be a great idea because it’s a very popular item that is appealing to the eyes. Not to mention many of the pieces go right on top of clothing so even those Gaians who don’t want to replace their items can make use of it. The problem is when the battle system does launch there is going to be a whole slew of armor items released with it so that you can take full advantage of that game. Armor will be in surplus and you have to believe that it will all look at least as appealing as the mythrill set. This means the price may hit rock bottom. So the choice is yours buy now and try to make some profit or wait it out and maybe get your hands on a huge investment at rock bottom prices.

3)Donation Items

As time passes its inevitable that the donation items will become more and more rare. This causes inflation in those items. Currently a panda hat(if someone actually sells one) will go for roughly 35,000,000 Gaia gold. Donation items are by far the safest of all Gaia investments. All you have to do to make sure you have a good investment is check out the forums a little. Ask around make sure people like the item.

Chapter Six - Other Money Ventures

If you have some extra time and want to do a little fun work there are three more ways to create an income on Gaia. This section will detail out those ways and how to promote them correctly.

1) Novelty Signature Store

There are many Gaians that are selling artwork for 500-1000 gold a pop for people’s signatures. If you have even the slightest are talent and would like some extra gold the first thing you can do is set up shop. Create a niche market and go with it. Chocobos were popular a little while back. Someone was making a killing off of Chocobos images they created for people signatures. Creating wish lists and such is very time consuming, so I wouldn’t recommend trying to create those..

If you are going to make your own signature store, I suggest making something that is easily reproduced and changed. Make a cute little devil or angel or some sort of fantasy animal. Then make 10 different color version it. All you have to do then is open up shop(create a thread) with samples of them. Make sure to plaster a translucent SAMPLE across all of the sample work so people won’t just steal your work. Then you just wait for people to buy. You’ll discuss with the buyer the best way to get them the image file.

2)Your Marketplace Store

Your store can be promoted just like one in real life. Place a link to it in your sig, every journal entry, and your profile. You can create a thread the not only promotes your marketplace store but can be a store in itself. The exchange forum is a great place to showcase a portion of your inventory for sale. Especially donation items that were investments. This of course works a lot better with the higher priced items. Posting a lot and making a lot of friends can get you some extra sales.

3)Guilds

Creating a guild and making a lot of friends can create of a pool of potential customers for you to draw from. Getting a strong guild together where people post often is key. Then simply start guild only avatar contests as well as guild only lottery. Its expected that anyone that runs these events is going to take a cut for organizing them. Most of the time guilds take the money that is gained from these contests to reinvest in the guild somehow but its not a rule. Also you can sticky anything you want so go ahead and sticky a post that links to your novelty store. Other guild members that have stores will probably want to have their links put in their too. You can title the post “Guild Shop Owners” or something similar.

The only thing you can’t do is scam people. If someone asks where the profit from the contests are going you have to let them know your keeping it. Also you can’t rig a contest to go a certain way, you have to play fair.

4) Banners

For either of these ideas make sure to have a creative banner that people can place in their signatures to promote your site for you. Non-hand drawn banners seem to have more success in getting people to help out and giving away minor prizes after you have made a certain profit quota is another great way to get people excited about your specific topic. Also banners are a great way to promote a guild you may have.

Chapter Seven - The Rich Get Richer

There is a technique out there that is loved by some Gaians and absolutely hated by others. Once you have made your millions in Gaiaonline there is no stopping you. The following steps will lead you to have infinite amount of money for whatever items you want to buy.

Step 1: Become Gaia Millionaire

Step 2: Pick ANY Monthly collectible item.

Step 3: Search for that item in the market place using the Lowest buyout category.

Step 4: Purchase every single one of that item for the first 5-10 pages

Step 5: Resell those items at the price listed on the page you left off on.

The key to this whole thing is that the price on page 5 or 10 or whatever page you stop on is going to be significantly higher than on page 1 or 2. This forces and instant inflation. This should only be attempted by the richest of gaians and should only be attempted by someone who has full experienced the marketplace system. Doing this the wrong way at the wrong time could net loses in the 100,000s. For example trying this on last month’s donation item the same day the new items come out. No one is going to by the inflated price for last month’s item if they can get the new one cheaper.

Chapter Eight - Botting

This is another way of making gold using a scripted software but it will get you permenantly banned.... so it is not recommended and I highly frown upon you for doing so. This method also takes the fun out of it and the feeling of accomplishment and you will be forever deemed as a noob.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's the guide! If anyone feels like they want to add to this please let me know and you will receive credit.
subbbbbbbbbusa
Teh_gai_pixie
subbbbbbbbbusa
huh?!
I thought they disabled gold granting in the word bump game -_-
I think that is only temporary though.
interesting
I know this is off topic but...

Would you happen to know where I can get a quest bar?

Like the ones they have on tektek, but better looking?
I know the reply is late but I don't know unfortunatly.
oh wow I loled at the questions and spam ppl put in this thread. Good guide by the way, too lazy to read though. >.<
Hello thanks for making this
Thanks for this guide!
Thank for this guide!
thanks for the guild

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items