Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

YDA has nothing snazzy to say.

She's sleepy. 0.67889908256881 67.9% [ 74 ]
Pollwhore will still get their spot though. 0.32110091743119 32.1% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]

Cluttered Cat

intelligent one
Ahh Sailor Moon. And pregnancy! Haha, I've been working on making a quest thread, and this is the conversation I come back to.

I love Sailor Moon. But to be honest, the thought of pregnancy terrifies me. How are you handling it so far?
Okay. I was sick all last week with a cold on top of the morning sickness, so the mucus was making things so much worse. I felt terrible. Other than that, I'm playing the waiting game to see if I qualify for assistance of some sort so that I can finally see a doctor.

High-functioning Shoujo

OtherWorldShukumei

Do you have any sort of family/friend support system? This is some really heavy stuff, imo, haha. You have my respect, for sure. I still don't even know if I want to have kids. D':

Cluttered Cat

intelligent one
Do you have any sort of family/friend support system? This is some really heavy stuff, imo, haha. You have my respect, for sure. I still don't even know if I want to have kids. D':
Oh, yeah. I'm good on that front. Most of the people I've told are excited for me. Not that any reactions were negative, but some have reservations about it since we're not married. My head boss is being extra protective - won't let me up the ladder or pick up heavy boxes. xd

High-functioning Shoujo

OtherWorldShukumei
That's good! Although it is a little unfortunate about the reservations thing. Do you think you two will end up getting married, though?

Cluttered Cat

intelligent one
That's good! Although it is a little unfortunate about the reservations thing. Do you think you two will end up getting married, though?
We've been together for over 7 years now, so we're practically married already. XD One day, maybe. He doesn't believe in a piece of paper to prove who he wants to be with for the rest of his life, but I grew up with the notion that marriage was the next step in a relationship. We go back and forth about it.

High-functioning Shoujo

OtherWorldShukumei
Oh wow! I've only been with my boyfriend for 3 years and some odd months. But we have somewhat similar stances on marriage. xD My boyfriend is like "I shouldn't have a ring or piece of paper dictate who I love." And while I don't particularly mind either way, I really want to design my wedding dress.

I also understand that it's going to be several years before we can even afford to have a wedding. But I also think I'd rather buy a house first. xD;;

Cluttered Cat

intelligent one
Oh wow! I've only been with my boyfriend for 3 years and some odd months. But we have somewhat similar stances on marriage. xD My boyfriend is like "I shouldn't have a ring or piece of paper dictate who I love." And while I don't particularly mind either way, I really want to design my wedding dress.

I also understand that it's going to be several years before we can even afford to have a wedding. But I also think I'd rather buy a house first. xD;;
*nods* We've lived together most of that time (probably only few months that we didn't. XD ), so we know what makes the other tick. Neither of us are super social or like "parties", so it's not like I want this big thing. But then I start to feel bad about some of the people that I wouldn't invite just to keep it small... confused I'm thinking I'll bother my partner about marriage once we're at 10 years. It's only a few years away, and the baby will be a little older. Not sure what our house status will be like - we've at least upgraded from the tiny apartment we used to have. We'll probably bump up to a 2 bedroom apartment here for the baby - I'm a packrat, and need the room. haha.
OtherWorldShukumei
We've been together for over 7 years now, so we're practically married already. XD One day, maybe. He doesn't believe in a piece of paper to prove who he wants to be with for the rest of his life, but I grew up with the notion that marriage was the next step in a relationship. We go back and forth about it.
User Image

I've been with my husband for 7 years too. Married for 6. I love sharing a name, but I have several conflicting opinions on marriage when dealing with the legal system now....
User Image

Cluttered Cat

Kakkara18

I've been with my husband for 7 years too. Married for 6. I love sharing a name, but I have several conflicting opinions on marriage when dealing with the legal system now....
Ah. I've trying to let him know about the "benefits", but even I'm not sure of what they are. Other than the fact that we can buy things together, and I can hop onto his insurance.

High-functioning Shoujo

OtherWorldShukumei
We're trying to keep our guest list pretty small, too. It's just a little difficult because he has a very large family, that all expect an invitation. xD; (Like, they're all asking when the wedding is going to be, even)

I think I was hoping to get married around 6 year mark, because our current anniversary would fall on a Saturday that year. Which would make the wedding more expensive, but more do-able for family members (especially considering we plan on living literally across the continent from them).

I am also conflicted on taking his last name. :s

Cluttered Cat

intelligent one
We're trying to keep our guest list pretty small, too. It's just a little difficult because he has a very large family, that all expect an invitation. xD; (Like, they're all asking when the wedding is going to be, even)

I think I was hoping to get married around 6 year mark, because our current anniversary would fall on a Saturday that year. Which would make the wedding more expensive, but more do-able for family members (especially considering we plan on living literally across the continent from them).

I am also conflicted on taking his last name. :s
My parents are divorced, as are his. I get to deal with step-family in addition, so that makes my family quite large. Both of our families ask about marriage and kids when we have holiday get-togethers, and we can finally say we've jumped on the kid boat.

High-functioning Shoujo

OtherWorldShukumei

Yeh, his parents are divorced. On his dad's side alone, we're expecting at least 10 people (his dad, his brother, and all his aunts/uncles). I also have half-siblings from my dad's first marriage, but I don't think I'm going to invite them. xD;;

My family just keeps telling me that I'm not allowed to get married until I'm out of college, and I'm not allowed to have kids until I'm 24. But his asks everytime we see them, lol.

I mean, I want to keep the list under 50, which sounds like a lot of people still. I would probably prefer it if we kept it under like, 25...but that's basically his family. x'D

Unrelated: Gaia's Captcha thing is really funny sometimes. I just got "leave britney alone," and I've gotten "save our bluths" in the past.
OtherWorldShukumei
Ah. I've trying to let him know about the "benefits", but even I'm not sure of what they are. Other than the fact that we can buy things together, and I can hop onto his insurance.
User Image

Yeah, I think they're different from state to state even, so somethings that are true here, are not true in cali.
One of the federal benefits is financial. Taxes change when married. I think there is also that right to see your spouse in emergency situations should they ever come up, and like you said, marriage means the right to join/merge insurance and other things laws and policies like to keep in the family.
I have mixed feelings on the social benefits. But they exist too.
User Image

MeMyselfandI-1's Partner

Friendly Giver

12,665 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Big Risk-Taker

Username: Lady Sindara
What are you questing for?: Copper Belle (He's a cute black and white kitty).
Approx. marketplace value: Lowest Market Price: 2,195,000 Gold (as of May 11th, 2013).
Gold you have now: 118K
Link to quest thread (if you have one): My Quest thread
When did you join Gaia?: 2007, but I was on a hiatus from 2009 till March of 2013.
Your favorite animal: Cats! And foxes. But mostly any kind of animal that's of the cat family.
Where did you find this charity?: I was sorting through charities to help me get my last quest item and then you guys popped up. biggrin
Anything else you want to tell me?: The only thing I can really say is, "I know it's a lot of gold for an item, but this is an avie that I know that I'm going to be keeping for QUITE some time. I really love this item and since my computer broke a month ago, I haven't been able to make any gold really besides buying MC's and selling them off (can't do that since I just bought tickets to America to visit my family in June. 2K euros for them o.o). I started a charity myself as soon as I got back from my hiatus, but of course, I can't apply as owner lol..(Link to my charity: My Charity. Anyways I would really appreciate any help towards this quest of mine. Thank you for taking the time to read it."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff