Welcome to Gaia! ::

As many of you know, MacOS had been blocking Adobe Air from running since version 11 Big Sur.  Although there is still a way to run zOMG through a Windows emulator.  In this post I'll show you how to run zOMG through PlayOnMac, a Windows emulator.

1. First, download PlayOnMac, a free, opensource Windows emulator.  The new version seems to have problems so we suggest version 4.4.2 (Download 4.4.2)
  2. Install PlayOnMac and follow all default settings.
  3. Visit the zOMG landing page and download Adobe Air Installer for Windows (not Macintosh), as well as the zOMG Air application.
  4. The zOMG application is named GaiaZOMG_beta4.air, move this file from your downloads folder to your home folder (/Macintosh HD/Users/YourName)
  5. Return to your downloads folder, and run AdobeAirInstaller.exe.  It will launch the PlayOnMac emulator.
  6. Once installation is complete, an icon by the name of Adobe Air Installer will appear on your PlayOnMac main menu.
  7. Select the Adobe Air installer icon, and hit Run.  This will launch the Air application installer. 
  8. In the application installer, there is a folder listing on the left side.  Select the root folder (directly underneath the Trash icon), expand it, select Users, then select your username.User Image
  9. You should find the GaiaZOMG_beta4.air file in your home directory.  Proceed to install it.
  10. Once installation is complete, you will need to create a shortcut for zOMG.  Under PlayOnMac, select Adobe Air Application Installer again, and click on Configure.
  11. A configuration page will appear.  Under the General tab, select the "Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive" button.
  12. Select the choice to Browse
  13. Select the folder named "Program Files", then select "BattleAir", and this will reveal the BattleAir.exeUser Image
  14. Once you click on Next, you will be able to name this shortcut however you want.
  15. You can now run zOMG on your MacOS.  Have fun!

dooshbegz's Boss

Friend

dont know if its related to this particular problem, but when i tried to boot up zOMG! on my macbook air (M1 chip), i got the error message: "Adobe Air.framework is damaged and can't be opened"

the workaround was: open the terminal - CMD + Space > type 'terminal' > paste
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework

in the terminal > type mac user password to confirm > attempt to open zOMG! again > done

the above command removes the quarantine flag from the framework, which prevented the framework from being run on my mac

currently playin zOMG! on mac w/o an emulator but usin an emulator would have been my alternative !!

Feral Capitalist

dboobee
dont know if its related to this particular problem, but when i tried to boot up zOMG! on my macbook air (M1 chip), i got the error message: "Adobe Air.framework is damaged and can't be opened"

in the terminal > type mac user password to confirm > attempt to open zOMG! again > done

the above command removes the quarantine flag from the framework, which prevented the framework from being run on my mac

currently playin zOMG! on mac w/o an emulator but usin an emulator would have been my alternative !!
Hey, I'm also on Mac and I had a similar error, after googling around I think I ended up using the same workaround smile
For some reason though, whenever I try to type the letter "d" or "e," dictation or emojis pop up :/ Did this happen to you too? I've been trying to find a fix but it hasn't been pressing enough for me to put a ton of effort into it

dooshbegz's Boss

Friend

geriatricks
dboobee

Hey, I'm also on Mac and I had a similar error, after googling around I think I ended up using the same workaround smile
For some reason though, whenever I try to type the letter "d" or "e," dictation or emojis pop up :/ Did this happen to you too? I've been trying to find a fix but it hasn't been pressing enough for me to put a ton of effort into it
o yes that is the one woe i have yet to resolve !! i improvised by remapping the right movement key to 'F', but how to stop the window from auto-selecting the tabs via shortcuts when typing 'D' or 'E' is still beyond me

whenever i use the chat box in-game, I have to type it out somewhere else then paste it into the chatbox lol crying

Feral Capitalist

dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee

o yes that is the one woe i have yet to resolve !! i improvised by remapping the right movement key to 'F', but how to stop the window from auto-selecting the tabs via shortcuts when typing 'D' or 'E' is still beyond me

whenever i use the chat box in-game, I have to type it out somewhere else then paste it into the chatbox lol crying

katsby
geriatricks
dboobee

dboobee

I didn't have the dictation problem, but to solve the emojis popping up for e, I went to Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts > App Shortcuts

Then I clicked the + sign and added a keyboard shortcut for BattleAir:
Application BattleAir
Menu Title Emoji & Symbols
Keyboard Shortcut (I chose ctrl + opt + E)

So now I can type 'e' normally, and emojis won't pop up unless I do ctrl + opt + E

For dictation, did you check if 'Dictation' is toggled off in your Keyboard setting?

WOWOW The workaround for E worked!! Thank you :'D
For D, instead I just get a popup that asks if I want to turn on dictation ;__;
I just tried doing the same shortcut thing for D, and that also didn't work. My workaround so far has just been to type control + d to type a regular lowercase d. Shift + d also doesn't produce that popup

dooshbegz's Boss

Friend

katsby
geriatricks
dboobee

dboobee

I didn't have the dictation problem, but to solve the emojis popping up for e, I went to Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts > App Shortcuts

Application BattleAir

So now I can type 'e' normally, and emojis won't pop up unless I do ctrl + opt + E

For dictation, did you check if 'Dictation' is toggled off in your Keyboard setting?
o u are a life saver lol, both E and D keys work for me emotion_bigheart thanks again !!

dooshbegz's Boss

Friend

geriatricks
dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee

katsby
geriatricks
dboobee

dboobee

Application BattleAir

I just tried doing the same shortcut thing for D, and that also didn't work. My workaround so far has just been to type control + d to type a regular lowercase d. Shift + d also doesn't produce that popup
repeatin the same steps when creatin a new shortcut for E, did u use the menu title 'Start Dictation...' ? worked for me so the popup doesnt show up anymore when typin D !!!

Feral Capitalist

dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee

katsby
geriatricks
dboobee

dboobee

Application BattleAir

repeatin the same steps when creatin a new shortcut for E, did u use the menu title 'Start Dictation...' ? worked for me so the popup doesnt show up anymore when typin D !!!
Oh man, I tried "Dictation," "Start Dictation," "Enable Dictation" D': Same popup. At some point when I have the patience I'll troubleshoot again

dooshbegz's Boss

Friend

geriatricks
dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee
geriatricks

katsby
geriatricks

dboobee

Application BattleAir

Oh man, I tried "Dictation," "Start Dictation," "Enable Dictation" D': Same popup. At some point when I have the patience I'll troubleshoot again
it shoulda worked if u included the ellipsis - ... - after Start Dictation hmm

well the good news is there is a fix for it !! lmk if u get it by the end of the day i can post pics later when im at my comp just 2 confirm we do it the same way !!

Feral Capitalist

dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee
geriatricks
dboobee

katsby

Application BattleAir

it shoulda worked if u included the ellipsis - ... - after Start Dictation hmm

well the good news is there is a fix for it !! lmk if u get it by the end of the day i can post pics later when im at my comp just 2 confirm we do it the same way !!
oh my goodness all I needed were the ellipses hahaha
It works!! Thank you :'D
Works fine on Wine 8.0.2 as well

Milkshax's Sidekick

dboobee

katsby

A whole year of struggling with the e and d problem and it's finally fixed. Thank you both so much!!

dooshbegz's Boss

Friend

manasa95
dboobee

katsby

A whole year of struggling with the e and d problem and it's finally fixed. Thank you both so much!!
anytime lol !! was v relieved when i finally found the workaround !!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff