Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Gold?

Yes Free Gold. 1 100.0% [ 1268 ]
Total Votes:[ 1268 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 87 88 89 > >>

Backwoods Phantom

User Image

Hello! This is the Runway Community Questions thread! A place to consolidate your most frequently asked questions about Runway; asked by the people, answered by the people and for the people! Feel free to ask questions on Runway related problems and inquiries. BEFORE asking any question, please read the Pinned Forum Stickies (located at the very tippy top of the Runway Forums) or see if your question is answered below in the FAQs:
yum_whitestrawberry

This thread is not for chatting or arguing. This is a low sodium thread! Please either be asking a question, or answering a question in a friendly manner! Also, as always please follow ToS and Forum rules/guidelines.

updated: 11 Nov 2022

Links on potential new updates coming soon:
yum_whitestrawberry New Feature Survey (Closed)
yum_whitestrawberry Runway Update: What do You Wanna See?

Some FAQs:

yum_whitestrawberry "Why is the wrong avatar showing up on the enter page?"
Fret not, this is not as scary as it seems. It is most likely a cookie/cache issue, which can be solved either by deleting your cookies, changing browsers, or even just pressing submit will still enter the avatar seen near the Gaia Online Banner. Just double check that the avatar you saved is correct.

yum_whitestrawberry "What's the banner beneath my avatar that says "Model"? Can I get rid of it?"
The 'Model' Banner is automatically attached to your forum avatar once you have entered a Runway theme, you can not get rid of it. It will automatically disappear once you are no longer entered in a Runway theme. So if you don't like it, the only solution thus far is to not enter.

yum_whitestrawberry "How do I suggest a theme?"
You can suggest themes by going to the Gaia Runway: Theme Suggestions! thread and posting your theme suggestions using the format provided in the thread.

yum_whitestrawberry "Can I change my avatar to another avatar after I enter?"
Yes, you can change your avatar once you finish entering and it won't change what you've entered.

yum_whitestrawberry "Can I change the entry that I entered?"
No, as of right now, you can't change what you've entered into runway. Once you've entered, it's too late, so always be careful and double check your avatars for any mistakes before you enter!

yum_whitestrawberry "What is Catwalk vs. Runway Vs. Arena?"
Runway is NOT Catwalk OR Arena.
Catwalk is runway (kind of!) and arena (kind of!) combined into one convenient feature. It has competitions in several different categories the run for the entire week (like arena) and themes that run daily (like runway). Currently only the "free" tier of catwalk may be entered.
Catwalk is otherwise not affiliated with Runway in any way, or with Arena in any way either.
Further questions about Catwalk or Arena should not be asked in Runway Forums.

yum_whitestrawberry "What does this theme want? What does this theme mean?"
Of course you can ask that here, but before you do, please check out User-Created Theme Descriptions Explained by Creators to see if the Theme creator has already answered!

yum_whitestrawberry "It says: 'I don't have the required item?!'"
Some themes have Item Requirements. It means you must equip an item with the appropriate tag in order to enter. You can see an updated list of item reqs per theme here: Item Requirement Troubleshooting

yum_whitestrawberry "How is a tie decided?"
If two people receive the same number of votes, whoever entered earliest will be awarded the higher position. eg. two people both receive 50 votes but one person entered at noon and the other person entered at 5:00 pm, then the person who entered at noon with have a higher position.

yum_whitestrawberry "What is a tag?"
Tags are words used to search items in the marketplace or in your inventory. They show up in the marketplace under the item as blue links. You can click on the links to pull up other items with that tag. If a theme has a tag requirement, you can type that tag into Avatar Builder, Dressup search, or the Marketplace to find the item. Sometimes Themes are based on specific tags related to items.

yum_whitestrawberry "I don't own the required item/there are no listings of the req item!?"
Never fear! There is an entire thread dedicated to item loans : Community Closet: A temporary item loan service. If nobody has the item, then it's always okay to sit the theme out for the day. There is a chance the theme might re-run or you can always ask for the theme to re-run here: Which Theme's Would you like to See Repeated?

yum_whitestrawberry "How do I know how many times I've been voted for?"
Once voting begins for the day, at 12:00 am PST, you will see white numbers underneath your entry on the voting page, this is how many times you have been voted for so far. You can check this number on the voting page throughout the voting day until 11:59 pm PST. After a theme has run, you can still see how many times you were voted for in the museum, where the number will still show up underneath your entry at the top of the page.

yum_whitestrawberry "Why was my entry moved to the back?"
Your entry might have been moved to the last page of the theme results by the moderators because your entry was either found to be not on theme or there was suspicious activity with how it was voted for or entered. Please review the Submission Rules and Guidelines

yum_whitestrawberry "I placed, when do I receive my prize?"
Prizes are not sent out right away at rollover, this leaves moderators time to check the results. Prizes are sent out at 2:10 am PST.

yum_whitestrawberry "What is a scenic/halfatar/cluttertar.. ect?"
These are specific kinds of avatar builds, many of which are described here: Brief Glossary of Terms Applicable in Runway Contests and/or past examples can be found in The Runway Museum

yum_whitestrawberry "Is Asking for Votes Allowed?"
As of May 4th 2021, Vote soliciting is banned site wide for Runway.

yum_whitestrawberry "Can I Vote for Myself or my Mules?"
No. Regardless of 1 vote or 100 votes, or any results, Voting for yourself is considered cheating. Please review the Submission Rules and Guidelines

Other Helpful Threads / Stickies:

I'm so Happy! - The Little Happy Thread
I'm so Salty! - The New Salty complaint Thread
HMs! - Gaia Honorable Mentions 3.0
I Need a Guide! - Misc. Item Guide Compilation
Item Reqs?? - Item Requirement Troubleshooting
Cosplay Theme?? - What's that cosplay!? - A cosplay reveal/discussion thread
I Want to Show off something I didn't Enter!! - Runway Cutting Room Floor
What that Item? Item Finding Thread - What's That Item? [A community item-finding thread]
Past Runways - Runway Museum
Day Light Savings Time SNAFU: Daylight Savings Time & You
Question still not answered? - Google

I need more Runway in my life! - ꕥ The Official UNofficial Gaia Runway Discord server! ꕥ

~thank you The Dread Wolf, sometimesalways, Nanzzy-chan, Unkindled, GentleRalts, Orchid Dreams, Pianette, egggoat, sylderune, Mercurio DeRosa, and all the Runway regulars and mods for help with this and for resources you have made available~

Backwoods Phantom

yum_whitestrawberry RUNWAY PRIZE GRANTS yum_whitestrawberry

Prizes are now rewarded as of (4/14/21) for receiving a certain number of votes in Cash and Gold tier. You will receive an automated PM awarding you the prize and they can be opened from your gift tab in your inventory.

yum_whitestrawberry CASH TIER PRIZES
60 Votes - User Image
Nightmare Fishing Hole RIG List

80 Votes - User Image
Lucky Rabbit's Foot RIG List

100 Votes - User Image
Midnight Circus RIG List

120 Votes - User Image
Stirring Spooks RIG List

yum_whitestrawberry GOLD TIER PRIZES
Gold Tier offers the same prizes, however the Prize grant begins at 80 votes rather then 60, and similarly grants a prize every 20 votes

Original Discussion: Voting Prize Grants

Open For Questions!
yum_whitestrawberry

Hilarious Noob

8,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
You've already answered my question!

Backwoods Phantom

I feel like nobody is asking because maybe they are embarrassed or nervous or dont care, or dont know what to ask?
One of those - Anyways here go
Re: Using Chocolate skin (or any other color skin) instead of Skin E or Skin E replacements is technically off theme in themes where the req is Skin E.
Using the "Human E" potion from Skin Tyte wont affect your avatar's hair or eyes ect. like the gender swapones do. You just 'drink' it, enter your avi, and if its not your regular base, or you want to switch, drink another Skin Tyte Human potion and you will go right back to your base!
The Skin Tyte potions cost 1 plat.
Here is the MP listing:
User Image
(all Human Potions are in Skin Tyte)

Okay, so you think thats a pain? Well, There are other options too, that don't require potion/base swapping. Here is a few equipable skins:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

If you only need a face, and your whole body is covered anyways:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Most items have options for arm and leg mods in all the human skin tones.
I hope this helps anyone who was using non-skin who was wondering what that even meant? or? Anyways, happy building.

Super Star

30,925 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
-Prince Dybbuk-

Here is the MP listing:
User Image

Technically, the potion costs less than 1 plat when you're using the shopping cart feature instead of buying them regularly. You could queue up the max quantity of 999 of the potion at once to the cart and it will round up to 1 plat. Hell, you could put in 999 each of the six default human potions, the original zurg, grombie, vampire and zombie potions, the three original dark elf potions, and the three orc potions; and that will all still be inexpensive enough to round out to 1 plat. Skin Tyte potions are absurdly cheap nowadays, and you could just stick a bunch of potions bought in bulk into your closet and take them out whenever you need them.

Sugary Shapeshifter

15,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
-Prince Dybbuk-
I feel like nobody is asking because maybe they are embarrassed or nervous or dont care, or dont know what to ask?
Re: Using Chocolate skin (or any other color skin) instead of Skin E or Skin E replacements is technically off theme in themes where the req is Skin E.
Using the "Human E" potion from Skin Tyte wont affect your avatar's hair or eyes ect. like the gender swapones do. You just 'drink' it, enter your avi, and if its not your regular base, or you want to switch, drink another Skin Tyte Human potion and you will go right back to your base!
Here is the MP listing:
User Image

Okay, so you think thats a pain? Well, There are other options too, that don't require potion/base swapping. Here is a few equipable skins:

I hope this helps anyone who was using non-skin who was wondering what that even meant? or? Anyways, happy building.
this is pretty useful (I already have skintone E but there must be other natural skintone items too.)

Dapper Puppy

Elizabeth Cereza
-Prince Dybbuk-
Here is the MP listing:
User Image

this is pretty useful (I already have skintone E but there must be other natural skintone items too.)

The New Skins List has all of them up in one guide. Look in the SDplus section for a lot of usermades or regular skintones.

If you need to find arms, skin mods dump is a good place to look up as well.

Backwoods Phantom

Elizabeth Cereza
-Prince Dybbuk-
Here is the MP listing:
User Image

A great resource too to add to Albern's suggestions is The Naked Avi Guide
The specific post linked has skin replacment items! its not even all of them, but a good place to start!

Some of the Skin tone E ones I linked also have the other tones in them as well too!

Backwoods Phantom

Thought I would post an 'answer' on Runway's use of Required Items.
Runway, as you know if you are here, is not Arena, it is a contest that runs on user suggested themes. These themes sometimes have a "requirement" attached to them outside of just the genre or theme itself, this is to highlight the item of choice, or make it fun and challenging to use an item or kind of item you havent or dont normally use!

These requirements can be a specific item, a kind of item, or a color scheme.
For example:

Specific Item Requirement: when the theme specifically asks for a certain item.
User Image
this theme was highlighting surgical masks from Ruby's Rack Gold shop.
There is even a thread just for help with specific item requirements!
Find it here: Item Req Troubleshooting

A 'Kind' of Item Requirement: when a theme asks for a more broad item to be used.
User Image
This is a more generalized ask, you could equip any mask as long as it was visible.

Color Scheme Requirement : when a theme asks for specific colors or color schemes to be used.
User Image
This theme was meant to highlight the color scheme Kirin.

If you don't have an item that falls under one of the requirements you can borrow an item here: Community Closet
If you don't like the theme or the requirement, you can always skip that day and/or enter another theme or suggest your own themes that may or may not have reqs. You can even ask for a theme to run again if you really wanted to enter, but didnt have the req until now!

Hope this was illuminating! Item reqs are such a fun part of runway, they can help us find items we wouldnt normally use, or use items in a way you wouldnt normally use them! Sometimes it is challenging, but that is half the fun~

Backwoods Phantom

So, lets talk about OCs.

OC stand for "Original Character" and can mean several different things in the context of Runway!
When a theme has an OC stipulation, like (OCs Only!) it means very simply absolutely no Cosplay. It is put there to encourage you to take a theme and pull from your own imagination instead of lets say, a popular band, character from a show ect.
An OC can be a one time character made just for that theme, or it can mean a Character you have developed with a backstory and use quite often and is recurring. Either way works!

The OC stipulation is not meant to disallow folks from entering who maybe dont have a flushed out character, but instead just inspire you to think outside the norm.

For example, Today's theme Oshare Kei has a (OCs Only!) stip, this is most likely to discourage folks from entering popular band members or famous style icons that dress in this fashion, not to demand you must make your existing OC Oshare Kei necessarily (if it doesnt sit right with their character) or even that you have to have an OC.

Anyways, hope to see lots of cutie babs in this theme and more themes to come hat have OC stips.

Also - like - people can ask questions here, it doesnt have to just be me playing "know it all", because I def dont, and I like everyone is still learning and improving in Runway! Reminder, this thread is low sodium, and meant to be a place to just focus questions so they dont get lost in other threads or so you dont have to make a whole new thread for one question.

Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I do my little turn on the catwalk... low key tho ninja

Backwoods Phantom

seems there are a lot of questions today so bumping this up as a reminder you can ask them here.

I'll venture an answer at a general one I saw,
No arm mods stip is so you can see which base you are using, i.e. for dragon theme male/female base. The arms are a tell tale sign of which base you are using, as the arms on the two look very different. Arm mods equipped makes it harder to differentiate.

Super Star

30,925 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
hope you don't mind me bumping so this doesn't fall off the first page ninja

Bloblike Loiterer

Oh knowledgeable ones, can one of you link me to a guide that includes pink skins? It's a beast trying to find them when I'm not familiar with the names at all.

Please and thank you. emotion_kirakira

Heavenly Giftgiver

Post Coital Cookie
Oh knowledgeable ones, can one of you link me to a guide that includes pink skins? It's a beast trying to find them when I'm not familiar with the names at all.

Please and thank you. emotion_kirakira

https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/new-skins-list/t.101018335_1/
https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/the-ultimate-skins-guide-pardon-the-dust/t.106573296_46/
https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25190179

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces