Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jaded Archivist

I recently went and did some reorg on the subforums of my public facing guild

While I and those who are part of the guild can still access the moved threads those who are not part of the guild get a permission error. Only threads which moved between subforums are affected by this, whether you use a direct link to the thread or try and get to it from within the guild. It is only access to the threads that is cut off, you can still see inside of the modified subforums.

The Subforum here has all moved threads for testing purposes. New threads made in the modified subforums are unaffected so it appears to be related to moving them. It does not appear to matter if I was owner of the thread or not

Would it be possible for a dev to look into this? It's not impossible to just remake the moved threads but it would be exceptionally time consuming

Edit: I have verified via another guild I am crew in but do not own that this happens to any thread that gets moved.

Jaded Archivist

Legal bump

Attempting to post in the moved threads from an account also doesn't fix anything
ok these ideas wont fix it but im just wondering if you have thought to maybe ask in these places too

1- dev meat every Friday at 5 pm pacific time and ask if there aware of the problem, its a 50/50 shot but lanzer is there sometimes so it might help to ask him or mavdoc
2- post up in ask the staff. every Tuesday at 4 pm pacific time maybe ask if there aware of any guild problems
3- ask others in guild forum if they have same issue as you, if not then its specific to your guild. and if others are having the issue then its a site wide bug, you could call the thread a discussion and feedback thread on guilds or something like that

Jaded Archivist

KG PANCAKES-XIII_SSC-2
ok these ideas wont fix it but im just wondering if you have thought to maybe ask in these places too

1- dev meat every Friday at 5 pm pacific time and ask if there aware of the problem, its a 50/50 shot but lanzer is there sometimes so it might help to ask him or mavdoc
2- post up in ask the staff. every Tuesday at 4 pm pacific time maybe ask if there aware of any guild problems
3- ask others in guild forum if they have same issue as you, if not then its specific to your guild. and if others are having the issue then its a site wide bug, you could call the thread a discussion and feedback thread on guilds or something like that

Dev, meat? I think I've seen it mentioned but 5PM is a time I can't really make. I suppose I could see if someone I know could. Where is said dev meat if you don't mind my asking?
I posted in this last Tuesday's ATS but didn't get a response. Still have to post in the pre-ATS for next week
I hadn't though about the guild network forum! It probably would be good to know, though I'm not sure I'd wish this bug on another guild for them to try (nor for them to currently have). I suppose it's worth an ask

Thank you very much for the suggestions!
ladykayra
KG PANCAKES-XIII_SSC-2

Dev, meat? I think I've seen it mentioned but 5PM is a time I can't really make. I suppose I could see if someone I know could. Where is said dev meat if you don't mind my asking?
I posted in this last Tuesday's ATS but didn't get a response. Still have to post in the pre-ATS for next week
I hadn't though about the guild network forum! It probably would be good to know, though I'm not sure I'd wish this bug on another guild for them to try (nor for them to currently have). I suppose it's worth an ask

Thank you very much for the suggestions!

dev meat? has been in Barton the last few weeks however sometimes its in other random rooms but its always on the most popular server so whatever that turns out to be
always glad to try to help out, i guess if you wanted too you could try to create a new guild to see what happens just like you and a mule acct and then make subforums and what not and try it out that way that way you would know for sure where the problem is at

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
yoooo
i have this same issue.
After moving the thread to another subforum, it pushes the older threads to a new page except it doesn't give you the page buttons on the subforum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff