Welcome to Gaia! ::

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
Gaia Online Platinum Currency FAQ
User Image
I decided to make a chart for those who may be having trouble converting.
Feel free to use it and share with your friends.

What exactly happens when I switch to platinum?

Basically, this happens:
User Image

All your gold that you have is smashed into a smaller format. The worth is still the same, but you have fewer coins, which is easier to handle.

How do I get platinum?

To change your currency preference to platinum, you can go to your account settings and you will see a section for Currency Type. Simply select "Platinum", and save your changes.

__ // __ || __ // __

Want a bigger version of the chart? click here.

Want to put a chart in your signature? No problem!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/detail/102920981/][img]http://i.imgur.com/cYBAArq.jpg[/img][/url]

Img info: 300x200 pixels @ 25kb

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
For those who need it.

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
Thank you yum_cupcake

Springtime Strawberry

you are an angel~

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Biggest Lunatic

Thank you person with raspberry flavored username! I just saved the image, though I should probably go rename the file.

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
Robert Small
Ah okay

👌

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
Randy Jenkins
Thank you person with raspberry flavored username! I just saved the image, though I should probably go rename the file.

Unfortunately imgur doesn't keep the original name of the file. Otherwise it would be "Smolchart.png". lol

IRL Otaku

19,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
I never realized people were so bad at math that they can't remove 7 numbers from the equation. I'm glad you posted this to help all those poor uneducated people but at the same time, I'm sad that people are so uneducated that this needed to be posted in the first place. My faith in humanity continues to dwindle.

Biggest Lunatic

PkRs
Randy Jenkins

Unfortunately imgur doesn't keep the original name of the file. Otherwise it would be "Smolchart.png". lol

I named it goldtoplatinumconversionchartasofaugust2017 or something. emotion_brofist

Protective Gaian

18,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
phoenix of the damned

Simple mistakes can happen with converting in the mind. While some may recheck their steps, others can get confused and make a single digit error which can cause them to massively misprice an item or overestimate the price of something.

A chart is just a helpful reminder of how much something is at a certain level. While a limited level of mathematical skill is still required to "calculate" the actual price a user is looking for, by using this chart they can notice if it's a digit off.

By using a chart you are just playing it safe instead of dangerous. So one can say using a chart is the smart thing to do.

Streaker

phoenix of the damned
I never realized people were so bad at math that they can't remove 7 numbers from the equation. I'm glad you posted this to help all those poor uneducated people but at the same time, I'm sad that people are so uneducated that this needed to be posted in the first place. My faith in humanity continues to dwindle.
Ugh..I know right?
My "friend" totally didn't get it. So I had to show this to my "friend"...
Thank goodness there's still smart people like us out there amiright?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff