Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are any of the tutorials or links helpful?

Yes, I learned a bunch! I'll go share this with all my friends! 0.58928571428571 58.9% [ 33 ]
Yeah, but you're missing something (post with details). 0.035714285714286 3.6% [ 2 ]
Eh, it's mediocre (post with details/suggestions). 0.035714285714286 3.6% [ 2 ]
No, I learned nothing for I knew it all already! 0.16071428571429 16.1% [ 9 ]
You and your poll can go jump off a cliff, I only came for poll gold! 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Caramel's Summer Springs Tutorials
*How to Make the Most of Your Summer Springs Game: Rewards, Flowers, Marketplace, and more!*

This is a comprehensive tutorial on how to share rewards and market links by posting these links on Gaia. It includes FAQs about flowers, the marketplace, as well as links to other tutorials and share threads. This is my first tutorial, so constructive criticism is appreciated!

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Finding Reward Links, Sharing Reward Links, and Gifting Back the Rewards

How to Get Links from Facebook:

User Image
This is what the popup should look like when you post an item in the market, share a reward from a quest or bonus crops, or catch a thief or rat.

User Image
Instead of immediately hitting the share button, right click the link in the post and choose to copy the link.
In Google Chrome (which I am using here), it says "Copy link address".
In Internet Explorer, it says "Copy shortcut".
In Mozilla Firefox, it says "Copy link location".

User Image
This is the important step! If you do not want to post to your wall, you don't have to! The link will work even without the post, so go ahead and click cancel here.
OR
You can post to only your friends that play Summer Springs.
(pic of lists, pic of posting to 1 list)

How to Post and Name a URL on Gaia:

User Image
In the options to post on Gaia, there is a URL button. Click this and a window will pop up.

User Image
Paste your link into the popup window. Then hit OK. Type the name you would like in the next box. And once you press OK, it will be embedded in the post with the name you specified.

User Image
Done! Looks much better than a whole giant URL link. smile

If you prefer typing the code, the code for urls looks like the following:
[url=web address here]name of link here[/url]

How to Send a Thank You Gift From a Reward Link:
When you click on someone's link (a link you haven't clicked before) it should look like the following:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Image courtesy of bluekatz1012000)
Click the button on the right hand side "Send a Thank You Gift" and it will automatically gift the person back and load the game. Once the game begins loading, the gift has already been sent, so you can close the page without waiting for it to load all the way. It is essentially effortless to thank the other person with a gift-back, so please make it a habit to always do so!

Quick List
*Introduction*
*Tutorial: Finding, Sharing, and Gifting Back Rewards*
*Flowers FAQ*
*Marketplace Guide*
*Helpful Links*

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
FAQ about Flowers

I've seen this question quite a bit, so I wanted to give as thorough an answer as I could. Let me know if I've missed anything important smile

What are the flowers?
When players are talking about flowers, they usually mean Pink Tulips, Yellow Cosmos, Violet Tulips and Red Rose Flowerbeds. They are share rewards, so you can get them by clicking others' share links, or by as thank you gifts from those who click your link.

What quests give these flowers as prizes?
Pink Tulip: This place looks great, but not great enough/Village is More Beautiful than Ever (lvl 9): Buy 3 Happiness Items
Yellow Cosmos: Hot dang what a looker!/Blooming with Beauty (lvl 17): Buy a Tulip Flowerbed, Red Rose Flowerbed, and a Morning Glory Arbor.
Violet Tulip: Stone Cottage Quest (lvl 31): Not sure about this, let me know if you have more information
Red Rose Flowerbed: Fancy Steakhouse Quest (lvl 37)

Why do players want them?
The first three flowers are pretty awesome items. Each one can be sold for 2,600 gold - which is one of the best prizes if you're looking for money. But another great use is their happiness! Each flower takes up only a 1x1 space, and is worth 275 happiness! By comparison, roads and the wooden 1A fences given by other links are only 100 happiness per square. The Morning Glory Arbor required for the quest to get the Yellow Cosmos only gives 145/square, and the Tulip and Red Rose Flowerbeds give 245/square. If your town is small, or you want more factories or trees, these flowers allow for much greater overall happiness levels in less space.

The Red Rose Flowerbed gift is a bit different - it is 1 less happiness than the Red Rose Flowerbed in the shop (244.83 happiness/square), but still sells for 7,725.

So what should I do?
First of all, look out for these quests and don't skip them - they are very much worth it! Some of these quests require either friends and a lot of gold, or spending cash. The prize is definitely worth the effort, because some people are getting hundreds of flowers as thank you gifts, which can either pay back the cost, or enable you to make more money in the future by being space-efficient with happiness.

Secondly, click on any of these links you find, and remember to send a thank you gift to the person who posted it!

For those unfortunate like me, who have already completed the quests before finding out this information, if you are diligent enough about raking the forums for flowers, you can get quite a few. For those who have yet to complete the quest, it is much more helpful if you post your link in a specific flower thread or create your own thread and name it with the prize. Flower links get quickly buried in the larger post-everything threads, and oftentimes personal reward pages are ignored unless the title includes something about flowers. Make your prize stand out from all those people posting only bonus crops and fences so the rest of us can find it!!

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Marketplace Tutorial

What is the marketplace?
The marketplace is an in-game place where you can sell items to your friends and buy their items. Items are always grouped by 20s, and you can have only one set of each item for sale at a time.

How do I put items in the marketplace?
Click the market link on the bottom toolbar. Choose the sale tab, and every item you have 20 or more will be available. Click "List for Sale" for the items you want for sale. You can post the notice to your wall for your friends to see, or share the link here on Gaia in one of the marketplace threads.

How do I buy items from the marketplace?
There are two ways to buy from the marketplace. The first is the Buy tab in the market link in game: here you can buy any items your friends have for sale. The other way to buy items is by clicking links, whether put on Facebook by your friends, or listed here in the Gaian forums. NOTE: Clicking a link automatically buys the item; there is no verification screen where you can cancel!

Why should I use the marketplace?
The benefit of the marketplace is that you can get items in bulk quickly, and make a greater profit than selling them from your storage.
User Image
The cost to someone buying the items is 130% of the price, but 10% disappears from the game as commission, so you make only 20% more than selling the items from storage. In this cabbage example, that isn't much, but later items make a much greater profit. For example, Sunflower makes a profit of 780 gold!

What should I sell in the marketplace?
Sell items that others need! Many people post early-game items such as Bread and Butter, but this is not a good idea!
-Bread is a dead-end item, it is not used in another factory later in the game, so it's only purpose is to sell.
-Butter is an item you can make early in the game, but you can't use until the Potato Chip Factory at level 32! Not many people are this high level right now, so chances are it might not sell.
For a list of dead-end items, and what things/levels items are used for, see this spreadsheet.

Dead-end Items A to Z:
Almond Cookie, Apple-Pear, Apple Sauce
Beef Jerky, Bread
Cheese Cracker, Cherry Candy, Cherry Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie
Fettuccine Alfredo, Fried Chicken, Fried Rice, Fur Gloves
Herbal Medicine
Ketchup, Kimchi
Mayonnaise
Onion Rings, Orange Juice
Peanut Butter, Peanut Cookie, Perfume, Pickles, Popcorn, Potato Chips
Risotto
Sausage Pizza, Soap, Spaghetti, Strawberry Jam, Strawberry Milk, Steak, Sweater
Tofu
Vanilla Ice Cream, Vegetable Juice
Wine

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Links:

If you would like me to link to your guide or share thread, please let me know!

Guides:
The Quest Guide - ChuVonya
-A great guide that includes information about quests, crops, factories, animals, level unlocks, and more! WIP
List of Quests and their rewards - TA-Regret
-A WIP list of quests, their rewards and share rewards. Also features a list of the best links (flowers and 400+ gold links).
Guide to becoming a Summer Springs Master - Naxx is srs bizness
-A guide with good advice and a helpful FAQ. WIP
Mini Tips & Tricks Guide
-Helpful tips for playing Summer Springs, great for new players and experienced.
Gold per hour guide - BiaA
-A quick guide to help you make the most profit out of your town! Includes gold/hour as well as how long it takes to make a profit on your factories and animals.
Profit and Experience Calculations - Chocolate Ex-lax
-A list of calculations of gold/minute and experience/minute that can help you make the most of your time!!
Farming by Numbers - A Guide to Efficiency - Captain Kickass
-Includes tables of gold efficiency, experience efficiency, and happiness efficiency.
Wither Times - Caramel-Fishy
-The withering/spoil times (at 0.0% Wither Time Bonus) of a few crops/animals/factories. WIP
Production Tables - JoyRose
-Great little tables of crops, animals, and factories with profit ratio and spoil time.
Spring-like Questions and Summery Answers - DarkRybrin
-A great WIP FAQ/Q&A page, as questions are answered, the first post gets updated.

Marketplace Threads:
Summer Springs Marketplace - TourettesAwareness
*Summer Springs Marketplace* - M A L E F I C K
Summer Springs Marketplace - x0XookamiX0x

Share Rewards Threads: Post your reward links and click those of others here.
Quest Rewards Thread 2.0 - Mitsumi-chan
-Includes a list of quests/activities and their rewards, as well as a helpful FAQ.
Share quest REWARDS - Rei Yosadamoto
-Includes a list of quests/activities and their rewards.
Full Circle - A Rewards Sharing Thread - Manami Luna
-New thread for posting and grabbing rewards.

Specific Rewards Threads:
Flower Thread - Kaja_Camorra
-Link for any flower rewards.
the flowerary - fuxnix
-Link for flower rewards and 300+ gold.
Add Flowers Here - bluekatz1012000
-A well-updated flower rewards thread with links gathered in second post.

Personal Rewards Threads:
-Let me know if you want me to link to your thread!-
My Rewards Thread
David2074's Rewards Thread

400 sunflower smile

You forgot something? Please gift back biggrin

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
oJEo
400 sunflower smile

You forgot something? Please gift back biggrin

Thanks, I sent it back wink

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
heart heart heart heart heart thank you!!!

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
You're welcome.

Updated.

Devils_Child89's Partner

Generous Giver

17,000 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Generous 100
Caramel-Fishy
Items for Sale at the Marketplace:

20 Cabbage
20 Wheat
20 Tomato
20 Sunflower
20 Onion

I have time to grow some of everything (up to corn), so quote or pm me with requests if I'm not selling what you need.

cabbage wheat tomato bought/ thank you so much

Dapper Humorist

9,150 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
LVL 15 This is my first time sharing rewards. Did i do it right?

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
flesh-ofthe-city
LVL 15 This is my first time sharing rewards. Did i do it right?

Yup. I gifted it back and will put it in the first post now! smile

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
Everything's updated again!

Swashbuckling Feeder

8,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100