Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you buy this kind of item?

Yes! :D 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
No! :C 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
I will tell you at great lenght how stupid you/your idea is in the thread. 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

I don't know much about the States, but here in Sweden, October is the month of Pink Ribbons. Not only are actual pink ribbons sold in various stores to support breast cancer research, but a lot of companies take the opportunity to advertise "pink" products (that is, products with pink ribbon drawn on the package) where a certain (usually minuscule) percentage of the product price will go to breast cancer research.

People are very willing to buy these ribbons and products in order to feel like and visibly appear to be Good People.

This got me thinking. Maybe gaia could have some item in the cash shop* that, when sold, a small percentage of the price would go to some kind of research or charity - whatever would be accessible to an American company. Ideally, there would be two or more items of significantly different prices. One expensive for those who really feel generous and one really cheap (25-99 GCash and not a cent more) for those of us who are already living on the edge of poverty and get our GCash from watching videos but still want to donate something.

Of course, the cheap item(s) would, as per usual, be small, one-pose and only moderately versatile.

*Normally I would argue that the cash shop has more than enough updates as it is, seeing as it gets more action than all the gold shops combined, but since we are talking about sales that would lead to actual money transfers in the real world I feel that, regardless of the need for gold sinks, this kind of thing would be best kept cash to make the donation sums easier to calculate.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I always love the idea of Charity items, and when gaia has done this in the past I've really loved it.

However, they usually donate maybe 10% of the total amount, and people scream "greedy" because they don't donate 100% (but they did for the Japan tsunami). So... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff