Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Furry

~Scroll to the bottom for a special treat!~

This is why you don't stop making anti-Flynn's threads even if Flynn's Booty isn't active.

If you want to speak out against Flynn's booty, make your own topic. Absolutely flood the SF with anti-Flynn's topics until nobody can see any feedback other than how despicable this is. For every one person that hates Flynn's Booty, there should be an individual topic. Let the staff know how badly "some users" hate it.

If you make a topic;
Do:

arrow Make a clear statement about your stance against Flynn's Booty. Explain why Flynn's Booty is harmful. (Because of the inflationary effects and the inability of non-cash users to keep up, making Gaia less attractive to newer, lower income, and younger users;; because other features of gaia become unattractive for use because using them won't make users enough gold to keep up with inflation, causing the many features of gaia to stagnate;; etc.)
arrow Encourage others to make their own topics.
arrow Only make one topic, to avoid violating the SF rules against repeat topics.
arrow Keep your topic bumped! Only bump it when it falls off the first page.

Do Not:
arrow Insult anyone, the staff included.
arrow Suggest anyone should be fired.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/let-s-take-a-simple-poll-flynn-s-booty/t.88466971_11

October 14, 2013 --

From the ATA FAQ:
Quote:
Are you going to re-release Flynn's Booty/Chest again?
Yes we will be. We know that there are some users that do not like this item, but there are actually a lot of users who do like this item.

You know, a lot of people like smoking, too. Funny thing is that a smoker's harmful desire will only affect their own health (second hand smoke notwithstanding), whereas this appeasement of Gaians harmful desires will harm EVERYONE in the long run.
Except for the people who spend cash, of course. They'll keep up just fine.

October 11, 2013 --
As I've become aware upon reviewing some rules today that personal attacks are not allowed and that suggestions that an employee should be fired fall under this rule, I've taken the hyperbolic suggestion out of my thread title and replaced it with "retrained."'

Also, just so we're all clear on the feedback points of this thread:

- Flynn's booty is wrecking the economy and is continuously re-released despite user protest. It's offensive to most of us that the state of our gold economy is being largely disregarded in favor of making money off of FB.

- The constant advertisements, especially the pop-ups, are annoying and intrusive, and are a rather terrible way to try to squeeze money out of us when surely there are better ways to earn revenue.

October 4, 2013 -- Oh, isn't this lovely? emotion_donotwant

Confused as to why I'm calling out Narumi and not the CEO?
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.87707695_196/#196 <- Because as the one who's ultimately in charge of deciding that Flynn's Booty, pop-ups, flash sales, etc are the way to go when it comes to raising revenue, Narumi is directly responsible. the CEO and the COO do nothing but say "Narumi, we need to raise $X in capital this month", and Narumi is the one turning this website into a gigantic obnoxious advertisement of itself, and ruining the lifeblood of the site just to make some quick bucks.

October 7 edit -- Also, alright. Alright. I see the "Gamification" pictures with the COO, and okay. Alright. He's a sleazy operator, too. I can only go by what I see, and what I saw in that post disgusted me. I still have nothing more to say about the CEO, but I can't defend the mindset of our COO, as well as the notion that he's probably also pushing FB.

September 26 - I was going to write a rant here, but really I just want to know what half-assed and not-at-all thought-out bullshit excuse you all have for doing it this time.

You know, because the excuses we got for Flynn's Booty the first three times it got released to major backlash were so insultingly stupid, that this time around I'm sure it's just going to be funny to see the justification for it.

How about it, Uncle Kenny? Narumi? Anybody else on staff? Any word on if you guys carefully measured the payout in a way that would ensure that there would be no major impact on the economy, just like the first two times ya'll screwed everything royally? emotion_awesome

Note: I know Uncle Kenny is not personally responsible for Flynn's Booty. He's just the guy who usually comes out and delivers the excuses for these things.

User Image
Pictured: "We are ... watching this closely ... not expecting a dramatic impact..."

I had a small discussion with Uncle Kenny earlier, and he does not believe that graph is indicative of the rising prices of items overall.

Well, how about MOAR:

`Smarties
I don't know how anyone could deny the inflation cause by Flynn's Booty.

OMG Graph:
User Image

Ninja Headband Graph:

User Image

Golden Laurels Graph:
User Image

xenpai
Steady Ride
So, I want to collect graphs on individual items, which show the prices of them going up since FB started in late august.

Things on your wishlists, things on your dream avvies, things in your current inventory, hot RIG prizes and EIs that haven't been deflated by resale recently... anything helps, as long as it's valid proof that the price started rising dramatically since the original FB release in August!

(I am searching LMP of all gens with listings)

Keiko's Cake 2nd gen
User Image

Zodiacal
User Image

Compass of Seidh
User Image

Antipathy
User Image

Horns of the Demon
User Image

Custom Cut 3rd Gen
User Image

(If anything is inputted incorrectly please let me know)
Edit: removed spoilers

Madame Blaze

I just bought Butterfly's Lament yesterday, it doubled in price today.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xenpai

Fall of the Morning Star
User Image
Princess of the Universe (inflated even with a sale)
User Image
Alruna's Rose
User Image
Antique Shop
User Image
Rosamund's Revenge
User Image
Reve Rouille
User Image

Spottedteddybears

Mind if I join in?

Princess Discord
        User Image

Gogh Reed
        User Image

Lovely Lovely Lady
        User Image

The Sandman
        User Image

This whole thing is kinda crazy. At first I was scratching my head wondering what the inflation came from, but that was like the day of FB. Now it's completely obvious, and needs to be stopped.

Sari1995
Inari's Beads
User Image

Elemental Wings
User Image

Devoted Spica
User Image

Little Lucie
User Image

Seracila Pendant
User Image

Sari1995
Petit Cherie
User Image

Stray Dogs
User Image

Fading Ember
User Image

Winter Rose
User Image

Antique Pierrot
User Image

Deadly Ansha
User Image
(Gaia also had a special offer earlier where if you bought $5 or more of Gaia cash, you'd get Deadly Ansha with your purchase)

Darkend Light

xenpai

Shadowlegend
User Image

Hidden Ace
User Image

Checkmate Void
User Image

Noel's Gift
User Image

Deinocti's Oath
User Image

Imaginary Friend
User Image

Secret Retreat
User Image

Prince of the Sea
User Image

Death Whisper
User Image

Infernal Spirit
User Image

bluecherry

x3rubiachica3x

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

I have been watching the MP very closely this month, nearly everything I have seen, has tripled in price. We were just on our way back down, Deflation just began to kick in. And now, we can watch these inflated prices triple again. I don't even want to know what our new normal is going to be. emotion_8c

Breath of Terror
Here's a couple others:

Embarrassed Dream
User Image

The Lusty Scoundrel
User Image

Friday XIII
User Image

Wolf of Southtown
User Image

Midnight Rainbow
User Image

piyuu-chan
If Gaia really wanted to know the level of price rise, they would easily be able to work it out for themselves.

Trend below one means the price from the 12 months before Flynn's introduction was falling.
Trend equal to one means there was a steady price which did not move either up or down in the 12 months before Flynn's introduction.
Trend above one means price was growing at some rate or another.

I have tried to include some old items, as well as some new ones, and I have tried not to include EI's as Kenny said there are too many factors affecting those prices.

As I don't have the data, trend has been eyeballed.

panoptes

i dont know if you have the graphs for the Doufu Hua yet, but

i was questing it a couple months ago. around that time it hovered between 2-4m
someone graciously donated it to me, and im so glad for this because

User Image
User Image

lowest listing is sitting at 18m
it went up from 5m to 18m in a WEEK

anyone who doesnt see the inflation happening has to be out to lunch :/

UPDATE:
Here is the immediate impact of Flynn's Booty this time around:
User Image

User Image

Thank you to all the lovely people who collected this data <3
I hope this makes a clear statement about the inflation that is being carelessly catalyzed without any checks and balances.

*And now for the treat!
Are you an Adblock Plus user? Tired of banner ads and pop-ups shoving sales in your face? Feel insulted when you get to see reminders of Flynn every time you load a page?
Add the following filters and ditch the noise!
##div#offer_banner

##DIV[id="yui_3_9_0_7_1380828871208_15"][class="yui3-widget yui3-overlay yui3-widget-positioned yui3-widget-stacked yui3-overlay-modal gaia-modal-modul gmodal-theme-offer yui3-overlay-focused"] DIV[id="yui_3_9_0_7_1380829441982_15"][class="yui3-widget yui3-overlay yui3-widget-positioned yui3-widget-stacked yui3-overlay-modal gaia-modal-modul gmodal-theme-offer yui3-overlay-focused"]

##DIV[id="yui_3_9_0_7_1380772469401_17"][class="yui3-overlay-content yui3-widget-stdmod"]

##DIV[id="yui_3_9_0_7_1380761875808_15"][class="yui3-widget yui3-overlay yui3-widget-positioned yui3-widget-stacked yui3-overlay-modal gaia-modal-modul gmodal-theme-offer yui3-overlay-focused"]

Fluff Bunny

21,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
I think there doing it because, gaia needs even more money than what they already have...

Cute Furry

Zanethemayor
I think there doing it because, gaia needs even more money than what they already have...

I think they're doing it because the people in charge of coming up with ways to raise revenue are a bunch of sleazy, uncreative hacks that couldn't care less about the gold economy on this site.

Fluff Bunny

21,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Steady Ride
Zanethemayor

I think they're doing it because the people in charge of coming up with ways to raise revenue are a bunch of sleazy, uncreative hacks that couldn't care less about the gold economy on this site.

That could be it also...

Invisible Phantom

I'm debating trying to start a revolt where we all change into peasant clothes or underwear and stay that way (which includes not buying a drop of cash) until they apologize and/or promise never to realize it again. Mostly the apology. I want them to admit they've made a stupid mistake FOUR TIMES.

Dangerous Man-Lover

Beauty of Grace
I'm debating trying to start a revolt where we all change into peasant clothes or underwear and stay that way (which includes not buying a drop of cash) until they apologize and/or promise never to realize it again. Mostly the apology. I want them to admit they've made a stupid mistake FOUR TIMES.

I would join this revolt and wear peasant clothes too!

Invisible Phantom

`Smarties
Beauty of Grace

Hmm, maybe I will. If I do I'll quote you to it c: I wonder what would be the best forum to make it in?

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Beauty of Grace
`Smarties
Beauty of Grace

Hmm, maybe I will. If I do I'll quote you to it c: I wonder what would be the best forum to make it in?

The GCD. XD

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Why are you targeting Uncle Kenny? He's a developer, he's not the one who decides on these things. :/

These things are decided on by the higher-ups, you know.

Cute Furry

Light Soprano
Why are you targeting Uncle Kenny? He's a developer, he's not the one who decides on these things. :/

That's why I asked him if there's any word, instead of asking him why he did it. Believe me, I know Uncle Kenny is generally just an unofficial spokesperson in these situations. He's like Fleep was way back when, I understand that. It's just that, good ******** luck getting an answer out of the person who WAS responsible.
Beauty of Grace
`Smarties
Beauty of Grace

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/revolution-gaia/g.409847/

Cute Furry

Beauty of Grace

I like my avatar though D: And it stands in defiance, having been bought by earned gold.

Lucky Cat

15,975 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • 1 Win 50
Light Soprano

He defends them and makes excuses for them. He posted this on August 22nd. It's obvious to me they aren't watching ANYTHING "closely," and even if they are, they aren't doing a thing about it.
Uncle Kenny
We do watch the effect that every action has on the economy and are watching this closely as well. We are not expecting a dramatic impact after the initial burst wears off and hope to see inflation levels minimized. We do have gold sinks on the way though.
I seriously thought it was a joke when I saw it.
Wow.

Cute Furry

xenpai
I seriously thought it was a joke when I saw it.
Wow.

Not only do I like your sig, but I'm putting it in my OP, if that's alright with you 8u

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff