Welcome to Gaia! ::

UPDATE 1/12/2011

There were several new campaigns a couple weeks ago but we are currently waiting for more inventory from our advertising partner.

Also, there is now an option to opt-out of the Cash Tree completely in My Gaia>Account>Preferences.

-------------------------------------
UPDATE 11/29/2010

The first Cash Tree experiment is over. We'll be running another one soon smile Thanks for all the feedback!

-------------------------------------
Hi Gaians,

We are close to releasing an experimental feature that we're calling the Cash Tree. The Cash Tree will appear in the site header near Video Treat and Daily Chance and functions in a similar manner. Basically, you click the tree, do some stuff, and then get free Gaia Cash - sort of like an offer.

Usually, this will involve watching a video and participating in something interactive like playing a mini-game or taking a poll. Once you complete the engagement, you can close the window, return to Gaia, and refresh the page to see the cash you've earned. As with other means of earning cash, you'll get a PM confirming that you've completed the engagement. Some of the details will vary from one advertisement to the next.

This thread will become the official feedback thread once the feature launches but feel free to pose questions a priori and I'll try to respond.

3,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Is it going to be high amounts or low amounts?
Because this doesn't exactly seem fair to the ones that pay for it, pyon~

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
So basically, we wouldn't need to give out info like email addresses or phone numbers?

I like this idea. If all I have to do is watch videos, play mini-games, or participate in a poll to get G-cash, I'm all for it. :3 However, I hope you don't make it higher than say, 5 GC. A lot of the video ads from the offers are only 5 GC, and I think that's reasonable.
Hoshi Of The Arcana

Relatively low amounts of Gaia Cash... like 5GC per completion.

3,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
indy_cole
Hoshi Of The Arcana

Relatively low amounts of Gaia Cash... like 5GC per completion.

Ah, that's good. :3
Thanks for clearing that up, pyon~
Soprano Mochi Kitty
So basically, we wouldn't need to give out info like email addresses or phone numbers?

I like this idea. If all I have to do is watch videos, play mini-games, or participate in a poll to get G-cash, I'm all for it. :3 However, I hope you don't make it higher than say, 5 GC. A lot of the video ads from the offers are only 5 GC, and I think that's reasonable.

Right now we're only working with advertisers that do not require personal information or payment information.

5,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Gaia Cash for watching movies and playing quick mini-games? Count me in!!!

Shy Friend

6,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Not even gold and silver can

Thank you very much for letting us know before this was implemented.
By playing sort mini-games could you give an example of how long the game would take? like a minute or two?
Also, how many times a day would this be allowed per account? I know with the old TV ad thingy that males get now (slim jims?) you were allowed three goes a day. Would something like this apply here as well?

break the two of us...

Lonely Phantom

Very good idea. But say, put the reward to like 7GC-11 GC?
Miss Molly Mule
Not even gold and silver can

Thank you very much for letting us know before this was implemented.
By playing sort mini-games could you give an example of how long the game would take? like a minute or two?
Also, how many times a day would this be allowed per account? I know with the old TV ad thingy that males get now (slim jims?) you were allowed three goes a day. Would something like this apply here as well?

break the two of us...

The games will be very short... from 10 seconds to one minute.

Most of the time you'll be able to complete the Cash Tree once per day per active campaign that we're running. If we're running two campaigns then you will be able to do it twice.
Will users under 18 be able to take part? I'm 18 but I've seen a number of threads asking for participation in the younger crowd; considering they may or may not have jobs or even an allowance >w<

Watsonia
Will users under 18 be able to take part? I'm 18 but I've seen a number of threads asking for participation in the younger crowd; considering they may or may not have jobs or even an allowance >w<

Yes.
indy_cole
Watsonia

Yes.

Eeek this is wonderful <3 Thank you very much c:
Hat Bat Thwack
Very good idea. But say, put the reward to like 7GC-11 GC?

Yeah 11gc. Specially since it's probably going to be allowed only once or twice a day and that kind of sucks because basically everything in the Cash store is 100gc and up. So it would take a REALLY long time to even add up to 50gc.
It'd be very nice if you could make this feature disableable. Not all of us enjoy a cluttered header and for those of us who are on slow computers or slow internet, every little bit accounts.

If not, I may just end up adblocking it when I'm at home.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff