Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does our GNS One-Up Service seem interesting to you?

Yes, and I will be applying to Tutor! 0.21875 21.9% [ 7 ]
Yes, and I will be applying to be a student! 0.09375 9.4% [ 3 ]
Maybe, I need to know more. I'll ask in a PM or post. 0.125 12.5% [ 4 ]
No. It won't work. 0.03125 3.1% [ 1 ]
Ooh! Gold! :ninja: 0.53125 53.1% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37 38 39 > >>

User Image
Welcome!
We are open.
We are closed for the evening. Good night!
Please feel free to post & PM. I'll reply when I return!

It's been 3 years since Gaia National's been open, but we're back!
New ideas, same great service!

Our Services Include:

GNS Values
A Coupon Service for Shops

GNS One-Up
( Partially Open )
A Tutoring Service for Gaians

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grand Re-Opening Bonuses!
The first ten shops to register with GNS Values
may use a graphic logo in their coupons free of charge!

1. CoSF {Comfort of Sacred Fire} Divination Shop
2. Polka Dot Bumping Service
3. Angels Gone Rogue
4. BB's Bumps and Games

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why "Gaia National Services"?
We started as Gaia National Bank in 2006 and ran until banks were disallowed in mid 2007.
Our brand was known for efficiency, security, and quality, and I wanted to continue that.
When we reopened in 2008, I dropped the "Bank" and replaced it with "Services" to show
we were a multi-service agency. I reopened GNS after a 3 year hiatus due to school.

Table of Contents
Post 1 -
You Are Here.
Post 2 - Rules & Blacklist
Post 3 - GNS
Values - Information for Shop Owners
Post 4 - GNS
Values - Information for New Members
Post 5 - GNS
Values- Registered Shops and Valued Members
Post 6 - GNS
One-Up
Post 7 - Ratings & Reviews
Post 8 - Staff, Sponsors, and Affiliates
Posts 9 - 11 - Reserved

Have suggestions for how to improve our current services or for future ones?
→ Suggestion Box ←
Click above and tell us!
User Image

Rules

1. Follow Gaia's TOS and General Rules.
2. We expect all forms of communication to Gaia National Services to be posted with literate speech. Posting "lyk th1s" is not funny and will not receive a response from Gaia National Services.
3. Please be polite and courteous in your responses.
4. Please don't stretch the page.
5. Advertising will not be tolerated in our thread.
6. Bumps are loved! heart
7. Misuse or forgery of GNS Values coupons, posing as a GNS Values Member or Registered shop, or acting in a way that misrepresents our brand will not be tolerated.
8. Failure to follow these rules will result in an immediate Blacklisting at Gaia National Services.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blacklist
~None~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
↬ Main ↭
Rules and Blacklist ↭ GNS Values for Shop Owners ↭ GNS Values for New Members ↭ GNS Values Registered Shops and Valued Members ↫
↬ GNS One-Up ↭ Reviews & Ratings ↭ Staff, Sponsors, & Affiliates ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↫
User Image

What is GNS Values?
GNS Values is a bulk coupon service offered by Gaia National.

Why should my shop accept GNS Values?
With GNS Values, you are getting the opportunity to advertise to our members and gain repeat customers, using only discounts that you allow us to provide.

How do GNS Values work?
When you register your shop with GNS Values, you will be given the ability to select from a number of discounts you want us to offer . Members will be given a random selection of coupons every 2 weeks to use in registered shops. Your shop rules and ordering process must be updated to include how members may make purchases with their coupons.

What do the coupons look like?
User Image

Each coupon has the following:
1. The category/type of shop. In this case the sample is a Bumping service.
2. The serial. Every 2 weeks, the serial for each batch of coupons will be sent to shop owners. In this case, the sample serial is ABC12345.
3. The Good Thru date. Coupons are only valid for a limited time (Generally up to 1 month.)
4. Your shop's logo. Plain-text logos (in the style above) are free. To add a graphic logo, a fee of 500 gold will be imposed.
5. The offer and conditions follow.
6. Please note that only GNS Valued Members may use our coupons, the list of members is available here in our shop.
*We no longer tag usernames in our coupons, as I do not have the storage space for that many...

What requirements are there to be a registered shop of GNS Values?
Any shop that wishes to become registered with GNS Values must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
1. The shop must have been open and active for more than 90 days.
2. The shop must pass a GNS inspection to ensure shop quality.
3. The person registering the shop must be the shop owner.

When accepted, the shop must:
1. Include in the rules how members may order with a GNS Values coupon.
2. Include a "We Accept GNS Values" logo. (See below.) This will be provided to you when your shop's registration is approved.

User Image

How do I register?
Please PM the following application to me:

[b]Shop Owner:[/b]
[b]Shop Name:[/b]
[b]Shop Location/Link:[/b]
---------------------------
I want a Free Text-Only Logo (Yes/No):
I want to pay to use my shop's Graphic Logo (Yes/No):
[img][/img]
*Please note, a graphic logo is a one-time 500 gold fee.
---------------------------
Discounts
1. [#] Gold off your next purchase.
2. [#] Gold off your next purchase of [#] gold or less.
3. [#] Gold off your next purchase of [#] gold or more.
4. [#]% off your next purchase.
5. [#]% off your next purchase of [#] gold or less.
6. [#]% off your next purchase of [#] gold or more.
7. Buy [#], get [#] free.
8. [I want to make my own coupon.] <- Custom coupons have a fee of 500 gold.

Please pick at least 2 options from the list above for GNS Values to offer.
Be sure to fill in the [#]'s!
....Examples:
....200 Gold off your next purchase of 2500 gold or more
....Buy 1000 Bumps, get 100 free.

↬ Main ↭ Rules & Blacklist ↭
GNS Values for Shop Owners ↭ GNS Values for New Members ↭ GNS Values Registered Shops and Valued Members ↫
↬ GNS One-Up ↭ Reviews & Ratings ↭ Staff, Sponsors, & Affiliates ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↫
User Image

What is GNS Values?
GNS Values is a bulk coupon service offered by Gaia National.

Why should I become a GNS Values member?
With GNS Values, you are getting special discounts to Gaia shops and services that are only offered to GNS Values members!

How much does it cost to gain a GNS Values Membership?
To become a GNS Values Member, you must submit an application below. If accepted, there is a monthly membership fee of 250 gold.

How do GNS Values work?
You will be given a random selection of coupons via PM every 2 weeks to use in registered shops. You must check the shop's rules and ordering process for how to use your coupon in their shop.

What do the coupons look like?
User Image

Each coupon has the following:
1. The category/type of shop. In this case the sample is a Bumping service.
2. The serial. This is only important to shop owners. In this case, the sample serial is ABC12345.
3. The Good Thru date. Coupons are only valid for a limited time (Generally up to 1 month.)
4. The shop logo.
5. The offer and conditions follow.
6. Please note that only GNS Valued Members may use our coupons, the list of members is available here in our shop.
*We no longer tag usernames in our coupons, as I do not have the storage space for that many...

What shops accept these coupons?
The shop will include a "We Accept GNS Values" logo. (See below.) Additionally all such shops will be listed in a post in this thread.

User Image

How do I register?
Please reply to this post with the following application:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Gaia Member Since:[/b]

[b]Do you have any shops that will be participating in the GNS Values service?[/b]

[b]Have you ever participated in any past Gaia National Service?[/b]

[b]About how much would you say you spend in Mini-Shops per month? (Optional)[/b]

↬ Main ↭ Rules & Blacklist ↭ GNS Values for Shop Owners ↭
GNS Values for New Members ↭ GNS Values Registered Shops and Valued Members ↫
GNS Values Registered Shops
means the shop has a current coupon in circulation.
means the shop had a coupon, but it is now expired.

CoSF {Comfort of Sacred Fire} Divination Shop
Polka Dot Bumping Service
Angels Gone Rogue
BB's Bumps and Games

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coupons Last Sent Out: 4/20/2011
Next Batch: 5/4/2011

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valued Members
1. BlissfulChance
2. Lady Stapler
3. blue boy 015
4. Grammar Hammer
5. II--BabyRockstar--II
6. venus_starshine
7. AlexisYosei

↬ Main ↭ Rules & Blacklist ↭ GNS Values for Shop Owners ↭ GNS Values for New Members ↭
GNS Values Registered Shops and Valued Members
User Image
Partially Open.

Why "One-Up"?
We feel that our Tutors will give our Students a "One-Up"-edge in the classroom.

How Does It Work?
GNS One-Up is located in a Guild on GaiaOnline. The Main Forum is for Homework Help and GNS One-Up related questions. Each Sub-Forum is dedicated to a Subject that GNS One-Up tutors and is for more intensive tutoring.

What subjects are being tutored through GNS One-Up?
We are currently in the process of hiring tutors and do not have any subjects being tutored at this time.

What is a GNS-Qualified Tutor?
Gaians who feel they have a good enough handle on a subject such as Math or English, are invited to apply to become a GNS-Qualified Tutor. Only those who pass our rigorous standards will be hired.

For Tutors
What will be my responsibilites as a GNS-Qualified Tutor?
The most important aspect of your job will be tutoring in the Subject Sub-Forums. These Sub-Forums are for Gaians who are having particular trouble in the subjects you are qualified to tutor in, so you will be required to spend most of your time there. You will also be required to answer a minimum number of questions in the Main Forum, including Homework Help and other miscellaneous questions.

You must do these things at a GNS-Quality Level. This means your grammar and spelling must be correct, your tone must be polite and helpful, your answers and assistance must be accurate, and you must be online enough to assist other Gaians. Remember, these are real-world issues that these Gaians are having in school.

How much and when will I get paid?
GNS One-Up Tutors have a base pay of 7000 Gold. This is paid out on the 15th and 30th of every month.
You will receive bonus pay up to 3000 Gold for quality service and for going above-and-beyond the job's minimum requirements.
You will receive fines up to 3000 Gold for errors and inaccuracies in your work, spelling and grammar errors, and other actions unbecoming of a GNS-Qualified Tutor.

The bonuses and fines will be detailed in your GNS Tutor Rules, Requirements, and Code of Conduct PM.
Please do not ask about these. The purpose of this service is to help Gaians, the pay is an added bonus.

What happens if I make many errors?
You are given only 2 Strikes for major errors and inaccuracies in your tutoring and homework help. If you manage to correct yourself before the error is reported or caught, you will only receive a 1/4-point strike. We expect our GNS-Qualified Tutors to have a strong grasp of the material they are tutoring. If you meet or exceed 2 strikes, you will no longer be a GNS-Qualified Tutor.

Note that these are major errors we are talking about here, not things like spelling and grammar errors.

What is the process for becoming a GNS-Qualified Tutor?
After submitting your Application (below), you will be given an exam* for each subject you want to Tutor. Side note, when answering whether you read everything in this post in the application below, put Q in the brackets. If you meet our Qualifying Score, we will send you the GNS Tutor Rules, Requirements, and Code of Conduct. You must reply that you have read and accept the responsibilities of being a GNS Tutor.

You will then be sent an invite to the GNS One-Up Guild and be promoted to Crew.

*Please note that there are still exams that I do not yet have prepared. Please be patient when waiting for your exam to come in.

I would like to apply to become a GNS Tutor.
Please PM this application to GNational.

Username:
Country of Origin:
State (if located in US):
Education Level (Put an X all brackets that apply):
[] I am currently a K-12 Student (or the equivalent in my country).
[] I have my GED (or the equivalent in my country).
[] I have graduated High School (or the equivalent in my country).
[] I am currently at College or University for [ ].
[] I have an Associate's Degree in [ ].
[] I have a Bachelor's Degree in [ ].
[] I have a Master's Degree or higher in [ ].

Subjects I feel confident enough to Tutor:
Classes/courses I have taken in these subjects:
My average grade in these subjects:

[b]True or False[/b]
Put T in the brackets if the statment is true. Put F if it is false.
I can be online enough to be helpful to our students. []
Everyone learns the same way, so I can copy/paste my answers. []
I feel confident in my ability to help others. []
I have successfully tutored others in the real-world. []
I have read everything in this post. []

[b]Short Answer[/b] (3-5 sentence minimum, 5 paragraphs maximum)
I would like to become a GNS Tutor because...

For Students
Note that this section is limited as we are not tutoring at this time.
What will it cost to use the GNS One-Up service?
GNS One-Up's cost varies on the help you are seeking:

Basic Homework Help
For simple Homework Help, the cost is 750 Gold per question asked in the Homework Help forum. You may pay 5000 Gold for 20 Homework Help questions.

Please note that our tutors will not do assignments for you, give you the answer, or write papers. In Homework Help, our tutors are limited to things such as guiding you through a problem or checking a paper for spelling and grammar errors. If our tutors suspect that you need tutoring rather than basic Homework Help, you will be referred to our tutoring service.

Tutoring
For tutoring in a specific topic area of a subject (such as Graphing in Algebra, not Algebra in general), the cost is 3,500 Gold per topic. If you are receiving Topical Tutoring, you are allotted 10 free Homework Help questions in the main forum for any subject.

For general tutoring in a specific subject, the cost is 15,000 Gold per month of tutoring. If you are receiving General Tutoring, you are allotted 20 free Homework Help questions in the main forum for any subject.

That seems expensive. I don't think I can afford it.
That's okay! Our service isn't aimed only at the most wealthy Gaians. We will be offering scholarships, payment plans, and need-based aid for Gaians who can't afford the 15,000 Gold per month.

↬ Main ↭ Rules & Blacklist ↭ GNS Values for Shop Owners ↭ GNS Values for New Members ↭ GNS Values Registered Shops & Valued Members ↫
GNS One-Up ↭ Reviews & Ratings ↭ Staff, Sponsors, & Affiliates ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↫
User Image

Should we get any reviews for Gaia National Services, we will post them here. heart

heart Historical Ratings heart
(This took a bit of digging...)

Better Business Center
S.F.M. GrandCrusader
I like this shop!
Shop Title: Gaia National Bank
Link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17510727&page=1
Your name: S.F.M. Grandcrusader
What the shop does: Banking, credit, loans, rent-a-guild, stocks, etc.
Shop’s Owner: GNationalBank
Description of Satisfaction: Great service!Very fast answer when applied.Great site design.
Lord Thundernoob
I like this shop!
Shop Title: Gaia National Bank
Link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17510727
Your name: Lord Thundernoob
Report Number: 6365645
Shop’s Owner: GNationalBank
Description of Satisfaction: Great Service and an awesome sense of responsibility
Minishops Rating Center
Ebony the Peacian
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I LIKE THIS SHOP!
SHOP TITLE: Gaia National Services
LINK: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=17510727
MRC NUMBER: 13.6
WHY I LIKE THIS SHOP: When I first came across Gaia National, I was immediately amazed at how much work and calculations and effort had been put into the shop itself. I really like the question-answer layout of it, and how informative the first page is, overall. The owner of Gaia National is very kind and patient and is willing to answer any questions that you may have. My shop now accepts Gaia National, because I think that it's an excellent service of very high quality that everyone should look at and accept in their own shops.

↬ Main ↭ Rules & Blacklist ↭ GNS Values for Shop Owners ↭ GNS Values for New Members ↭ GNS Values Registered Shops & Valued Members ↫
↬ GNS One-Up ↭
Reviews & Ratings ↭ Staff, Sponsors, & Affiliates ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↫
User Image

Staff
Kousen_Katana - Owner
GNational - Company Mule

Sponsors

Sponsors help keep our prices low.
heart The following people have made this possible. Give them much love! heart

✲ Pʟᴀᴛɪɴᴜᴍ-ʟᴇvᴇʟ Sᴘoɴsoʀs ✲
Donated a total of 100,000 Gold or more.
heart Lady Stapler - 100,000 Gold heart

✩ Goʟᴅ-ʟᴇvᴇʟ Sᴘoɴsoʀs ✩
Donated between 55,000 and 99,999 Gold
heart venus_starshine - 60,000 Gold heart

✧ Bʀoɴzᴇ-ʟᴇvᴇʟ Sᴘoɴsoʀs ✧
Donated between 5,000 and 54,999 Gold.
~None~

Affiliates
Please PM us if you would like to become an Affiliate.
~None~

↬ GNS One-Up ↭ Reviews & Ratings ↭
Staff, Sponsors, & Affiliates ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↭ Reserved ↫
Re-reopened! razz

Invisible Friend

This seems like a great idea but I do have one or two questions.
    The first is: What is exactly is a 'GNS inspection' and how does it 'ensure shop quality'?
BlissfulChance
    This seems like a great but I have one or two questions.
    The first is: What is exactly is a 'GNS inspection' and how does it 'ensure shop quality'?

A GNS inspection is quite simple, really. We will check your shop's page to be sure it has been open for 90 days or more and uses literate text. We will also check customer replies for reviews and, if the shop is listed at the Minishops & Resources Center, any reviews from there. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff