Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hundreds of years ago, Lis was nothing more than trees and tiny settlements along the coast, nothing more than a few dozen people near nothing that could be even closely compared to civilization. Three men had fled from their home countries, leaving their loved ones behind in a temporary camp in order to discover a new home for themselves. One that was safer, that was free of the persecution that they dealt with everyday. They sought a place with fertile soil, clean rivers, and enough resources to build a new town for themselves.

However, during their travel, the men found themselves trapped in a sudden blizzard. They desperately attempted to look for shelter within the storm, but it was too difficult to see past their own faces. All three men knew they would surely perish if they could not navigate through the storm. As the minutes turned into hours, and each man began to collapse into the snow in exhaustion, a heavenly light appeared before them. From within that light stood a strikingly beautiful woman with long hair light as the snow storm surrounding them, emerald green eyes, and an elegant rosy gown. With her assistance, she led the three men to safety until the storm had passed.

The next morning, the three men emerged from the shelter... and there was not a snowflake on the ground. Instead, in front of them lay miles and miles of rich, fertile land perfect for cultivating, plentiful seas full of fish, and miles of forests for woodworking: the perfect site for their new home. It was then that the men asked the beautiful woman for her name. In her honour, the men named the settlement after this divine beauty.

And so, the city of Calithea was born.

Over the many years, Calithea has bloomed into the largest city within the country of Lis, effectively becoming the country's capital. Smaller towns blossomed up around the capital, and trade became plentiful as the once quarreling races sought refuge from their homelands and settled in Calithea. It became a melting pot of races and people of all ages, genders, and sizes, and it was certain that Calithea would remain a peaceful nation for many years. In honour of the founders, three guilds were created with the founder’s family names- Heraldin, Sylfaen, and Akanthos. Each founding family would lead their factions over the coming years.

It would be shortly after the founding of these guilds that the woman named Calithea disappeared. The woman that many citizens claimed was not mortal but a Goddess. All that was left at her shrine was a newborn baby, a little girl with striking white hair and clear emerald eyes. She had vanished without a trace, leaving this child in her place. Unsure of the child's paternity, and believing that the child surely was a daughter of Calithea, the little girl was raised within the security of the Cathedral. The founders as well as the church feared what could happen if other nations discovered the child amongst them. There were also rumors about the child's paternity, rumors that one of the founding men had fathered the child, but no one at the cathedral could be certain. However, the founders could not cast her out for many believed Calithea had left the child behind for a reason.

In her honour, the child was raised within the Cathedral by the clergy. She was named Elisheva, and she would remain with them, never told she was a demigod.

This plan would work for many, many years, as Calithea continued to prosper. As time went on, Calithea’s population soon began to draw attention of the neighbouring countries of Norad, a plentiful magic kingdom to the southeast, as well as the militant floating state of the Sechs Empire. Both countries had been warring with one another for centuries, but the appearance of a possible rival had caused both to agree on a temporary ceasefire.

Over the years, even citizens from the Empire began disembarking their life from upon the floating isle and traveling to Calithea. Now, this very country began to focus their sight solely on the young city of Calithea because of its prosperity, wealth, and success despite being less than two centuries old. And while the city has largely been peaceful, differing opinions on how to govern the city have caused the three guilds to begin bickering with one another more and more. Many of those arguments have even revolved around the young demi-goddess and the fear of what could happen if the feuding nations were to find out about her lineage.

What will become of Calithea as pressure from the outside nations draws closer and internal stresses grow more immense with the three opposing guilds? Will the Empire seek to destroy this prospering city, or will the factions dismantle it themselves?
BASICS
Follow the TOS and all that other bs. If I gotta tell you about the basic gaia rules, then you shouldn't be here. Romance is encouraged as well as some kick butt action scenes, but be realistic, too. Black outs for anything going past clothes coming off. I don't want to see instant love all over the place either. I also don't give a ******** if you curse, but it better not be every other word outta your posts or in the OOC. Do not ignore people in the OOC or IC. Characters can be dicks to each other, but roleplayers better not be. Only 12 roleplayers max are going to be accepted. Yes I know there are 58 possible roles, but 12 players is my max.

LITERACY
I ask for proper grammar and spelling. Spell checks exist everywhere, so this should not be an issue. I don't care how little or much you write, but I would like for generally everyone to post roughly the same amount. This means if most people are writing 800 words per post, that should be about your goal. Quality > Quantity, any day. Call this Literate, not Adv., Elite, or any of the other BS titles people have come up with.

APPLYING
All applications go in the apps thread. DO NOT pm this account or my main with apps or profiles, but feel free to pm my main, Aeolith, or Corinne Ellyn with any questions you might have. Don't pm this account because it might be a while before it's seen. Post all profiles in their own threads as well. If you have multiple characters, a separate page can be used for each character. I'm giving everyone two weeks to finish profiles once you've been given the okay to start one, and that should be plenty of time. If you need an extension, I will only be giving two extra days after your initial due date. Anime and/or drawn images for characters only. Lately, - - caffe espresso has been making both the profile pics and main thread pics because I've been a bit too busy to be doing them (thanks caffe!). I have capped the age that can be applied for at 150, so any character that is above that age will not be accepted, and/or the age must be lowered. Corinne and I reserve the right to deny your profile or background check if we feel the story is far-fetched, unrealistic, or plain weird, or if we feel you're not fit for the role play. Profile thread and reserve form are both found in the app thread.

POSTING
Absolutely no GIFS are allowed in character post layouts. It gunks up the thread and makes it slow for lots of people. Post layouts should include: pictures, location, company, mentioned character's, occupation, and character name. They can also include links to your profile, music themes, character's clothing, or references if needed. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE POST OOC IN THE IC THREAD EVER, NOT EVEN WITHIN A CHARACTER'S POST. There's a reason there is an OOC, so use it. If I see this, I'm going to call you out on it. When posting in the ic, please don't have chunky paragraphs. Break them up with either tabs or using that nifty "enter" key on your keyboard. Use only size 10-11 size fonts in main text. 9 is too small and 12 looks meh. Avoid using bright colors or invisible colors in the main text, and please no page-stretching images. If you elect to have more than two characters, you can chose which two you want active per skip. This means if you have 4 characters, two can be active while the other can sit on the back burner for that time-skip. The rule only applies to those who have 3 or more characters. If you only have 2, both must always be active. Let me or Corinne know which character's you are choosing to have active during a particular time skip, or just simply post it in the OOC as you plot with someone for interactions. Everyone is allowed to have 4 characters max unless you feel you can handle more and have requested to do so from either Aeolith or Corinne Ellyn.

COMMITMENT
Post in the OOC at least twice a week so I know you're around. You have TWO weeks to post in the IC upon the day your character's are open. This means if you're interacting with someone and they post on a Monday, you have two Monday's to get to your post. Never make an OOC post in the IC, not even within your character's post. That's why the OOC exists. I say this again because I mean it. New rules are always possible at any time, but an announcement will usually be made when there is. Give notice of prolonged absences that will prevent you from being around to post. Tell me when you wish to leave the roleplay for whatever reason. If you are accepted but you go MIA without notice and I boot you, I will not allow you to join future productions of mine. I understand life is busy and most of us have real jobs and commitments. A notice is better than just disappearing. If after 3 weeks and no post has been made for an active character, they will be removed from the rp, even if no warning is given.

EXTRA STUFF
Most themes are allowed in this rp (within TOS standards). Any character type is welcomed here. Be it homosexual, heterosexual, transexual, transgender, etc. I would like to see a variety. The minimum age limit for playable character's is 14, so anyone younger than that is just an NPC for any adults you play that may have children. The age of 16 is the age of consent in this time period. If you decide on making a young character, their occupation has to make sense. For instance, only the apprentice roles should belong to those 14-18. Other roles available for 14-18 year old character's are guard (if 18 years old), librarian assistant, waitress/waiter, Primrose assistant, Oriel Bakery server, farm hands, and of course any of the open student roles. I also hope to see everyone plotting with one another. I want everyone to at least have 10 minimum journal blurbs completed, which will be checked on every couple of weeks and posted in the OOC who needs to have some done. Aside from that, I hope everyone has fun!
Welcome to Calithea Capital, a large city where dozens of different races live together that span from different areas of the country of Lis. There are several areas in the capital where either business or pleasure can be had, including the ever-bustling downtown, the chaotic seaside docks, the quaint farmlands, and the serene lake-side located farther east. Calithea is located just off the ocean of Elyon that spans out to the west of the city. Traveling across that expansive ocean to reach the country of Norad would take several weeks even in the fasted of ships. Surrounding Calithea city are different landmarks ranging from the Hydra Mountains, Eoline Forest, Aaris Lake, and the rivers of Daeves and Eldes. Just off the coast approximately 50 kilometers southwest is where the Island of Giada is found, but beware the little island as many dangers lurk in its mystical but beautiful forests. Other than the many places that can be visited in this large city, Calithea Capital is well-known for its lucrative trading business. Built in an area of Lis that once used to house the largest mining business in the country, it is still known for containing many rare gems and stones. It is also surrounded by various natural landmarks that provide Calithea with a wide variety of items that are traded with different villages, such as the fishing villages of Yuzna and Merida. So come and visit and enjoy what the city has to offer, or settle in and build a life that is yours to embark upon.

The area of Downtown Calithea has many avenues for entertainment, food, shopping, and culture. It is in this area of Calithea where the famous five-star Sarea restaurant is found. Serving up a wide variety of food, such as platters with fresh seafood along with pastas, salads, fillets, and even vegetarian dishes, many palettes are enticed. Along the same strip, several clothing stores are found, including Dentelle Fashions. Farther northeast from Sarea restaurant is the large and often sold-out Viziune theater. It is here where the legendary actress, Ladelle De LaFont, made her debut nearly 50 years ago. Along the same block, there are various museums ranging from art, history, and natural history. The large and spacious but affordable Vesta Inn is found here, and close by is a more permanent residence, the Joliee Townhomes. Another common hot spot is Oriel Bakery, serving primarily breakfast and lunch. Farther downtown as the city nears closer to Eoline Forest is where Atelier Aeiron is located. It is an alchemy shop for those looking to find potions, ingredients, and other magic and chemistry-based items. On the same block, the flower shop, Primrose can be found. Lastly, for adventure seekers, one of the more famous dungeons located far north of Downtown Calithea close to Eldes River is the dreary Oblitus Dungeon, site of an ancient civilization that used to prosper in the area.

Father West of the city is where the ocean of Elyon is found. It is here where Falael Docks are located, which is home to the very large Falael Shipyard. The shipyard is constantly busy with both professional and amateur fishermen, seamen, laborers, merchants, as well as the naval military. Boats and small ships often make their way to Ukuna Docks located on Giada Island. This island is where many rare gems, stones, and metals can be found, as well as uncommon game and fish. It is also where the mystical Yunales dungeon is found for those looking for danger and adventure. Also in this area is the Lorelei Tavern, which is just a bit farther north from Falael docks. Many of the fisherman and other workers from the docks come here to enjoy a pint or two… or six. Careful, however, as sometimes, some shady characters wander around at this particular tavern. The prestigious Lafelle Academy is also found almost bordering the beaches. It is this academy that enforces reading, writing, mathematics, sciences, history, and assists students in choosing a guild for when they are nearing their 16th birthday. For those who enjoy fishing, the docks as well as the beaches of White Boulder Bay are good fishing spots. The Druidae Bath House is also found in this area closer to the beach. Close to the beaches is another dungeon known as Terrafel hidden away in oceanic caves. Beware high tides, however. The residential homes found here are the Mirrored Beachside Houses.

The area close to Aaris Lake is where the colossal Geneva Castle is found. Containing lots of history, mystery, and wonder, it is where the royal family of Calithea once used to live. Now, it is the headquarters for the Calithea military and for the members of the three guilds to come together to train, study, and meet. Other than Geneva Castle, the Cathedral is also found in this area close to Eoline Forest. The cathedral is often where many spiritual holidays are celebrated, such as autumnal equinoxes and winter festivities. Not far off is the Calista Library housing two floors of nearly 10,000 books. Smaller family businesses also exist in this area of the city, such as Argaron Smithery which has been in the Dyer family for decades. Balken Carpentry is no longer family owned, but has becoming a booming industry in lumbering as well as woodworking. Another fishing spot can be found here, which is of course in Aaris Lake. Docks for small fishing boats are found around the lake. It is around the lake where the Lakeside Cabins are located. Heading deeper into Eoline forest will get adventurers and risk-takers to the sinister Godumas Dungeon.

The farthest area away from the bustling Calithea City is the farmlands, formerly known as Zidania Farmlands. By horseback or carriage, it would take at least 30 minutes to reach the city in good weather. Many individuals like to come to Zidania for the organic and fresh produce found at Berria Farmer’s Market. It is also where the large Vallen Ranch is found which grows many of the crops and raises the animals that are sold at the market. Rosado Winery can also be found down here not far from Vallen Ranch. Orchards span the space between the two places. A few miles past the orchards is Friedhof Cemetery, the final resting stop for many Calitheans. Brise Airship Docks are also located here in the outskirts of the city. The airships fly in goods and transport between villages and other cities like the ships do across the seas. Down here, the Desini Clinic can also be found where a few great family doctors make their business. Not far from this clinic are the beautifully decorated cottages of Zidania, which are located just northeast of Daeves River, another local fishing spot. If you travel along the Daeves River, it’ll take you to Mt. Hydra. Keep traveling south, and soon the blistering Fiersol dungeon will be uncovered. Head east instead, and follow the winding path up the mountain to reach the snowy tops. There, one last dungeon known as Denitrus can be found. If the climate up there doesn’t kill travelers, then the monsters surely will.
VESTA INN
Vesta Inn is a nice hotel located not far from some major clothing stores and restaurants. It is the perfect place for tourists and passerby’s to stay because of how close it is to many venues. The inn features a small restaurant downstairs that provides breakfast and lunch to guests for a discount, and the rooms themselves are small but spacious. Each room has a full-size bed, small pantry, and a balcony overlooking the city. Rooms begin on the second floor and go up to fourth.

JOLIEE TOWNHOMES
Joliee Townhomes are like small apartments located in downtown Calithea. Those that want to stay closer to the bustling area of downtown make their homes here. Townhomes come with either two bedrooms or one bedroom. The one bedroom townhomes are more spacious because they do not sacrifice space for an additional room, leaving a wide open floor plan for the main living area. The two bedroom townhomes have a smaller living space due to the second bedroom taking up some square footage, but are still generously sized for two individuals. Both options come with a small front patio, but none of the townhomes have backyards.

MIRRORED BEACH HOMES
Mirrored Houses are the beach-side homes that are close to White Boulder Bay. These homes contain a wrap-around patio as well as a front and side-entrance into the living area. They are lovely homes that are slightly larger than the Joliee Townhomes, containing at least 30 square feet more of space for the two-bedrooms. Each one comes with two bathrooms.

GENEVA CASTLE
Geneva Castle was once the home of the founding families of Calithea when all three were seen akin to royalty. Although it is used mainly for the guilds to train and teach members, it is still also a residence for some Calitheans. Containing 70 bedrooms in its mass quarters, there is certainly no shortage of space. It also includes a large courtyard, solarium, outdoor conservatory, ballroom, and even a dungeon. The ballroom now is used primarily for the guilds to train members, but members can often also be found training outside in the courtyard.

AARIS LAKE CABINs
Aaris Lake cabins are made for those who enjoy a calmer, quieter lifestyle, and for those who don’t mind the common sounds of the forest at night or the large amount of mosquitoes during spring and summer months. Most cabins are small but quaint and affordable. Each cabin contains a den with a fireplace and a small kitchen and dining space. There is no real front or back yards in these homes, but each cabin is widely spaced from the other. What would be the front yard is the view of the lake, and the backyard is the forest of Eoline.

ZIDANIA COTTAGES
Zidania Cottages are small but lovely houses for those who want to live away from the bustling city, but who don’t want to tolerate the howls and hoots and excessive mosquitoes that come with the lakeside homes. It’s the perfect place for those that are less outdoorsy, but who still want a beautiful garden and small backyard. Each cottage contains a gated backyard and front patio that has areas to plant flowers.

VALLEN RANCH HOUSE
Vallen Ranch House is a large two story, four bedroom house that has plenty of space and isn’t far from the winery or the orchards. The home contains the three bedrooms as well as a study, a large den, dining room, large kitchen, and front and back patio.
Many of the items below can be found in the easier dungeons as well as the most dangerous dungeons. Assume that all ore and gems have a certain "rank," and the more valuable ranked items will be in the most dangerous dungeons.

YUNALES
The dungeon of Yunales is located on Giada Island, just a few kilometers off the coast of White Boulder Bay. To get there, a boat must be taken from Falael Docks in order to reach the small island. From a distance, the island seems to light up during the night, appearing to glow a series of different colors. Up close, the forest appears alive with lights and melodic sounds that chime throughout the night. This effect comes from the monsters who harbor the island, lighting it up with their magic and natural calls. Yunales dungeon is for those adventurers who have at least a little bit of training, as many of the monsters here are low-level and not too dangerous. Beware, however, as there are some who are stronger than others. The island is a good place for those just starting out, or with the rank of Rook and Bishop.

TERRAFEL
Terrafel is located within one of the caves along the shores of White Boulder Bay, hidden away by large rocks and sand dunes. Inside, it is just as beautiful as Yunales is at night, containing hundreds of large gems and crystals that erupt from the cave walls and ceiling. Many of the monsters found here are low level, but others are strong and challenging. To make it more trying, the habitat can be dangerous because of the protruding crystals that often have been eroded into sharpened points by water as it flows through the cave. The dungeon can also fill up with seawater during high-tide and violent sea storms. There have also been instances when crystals have loosened enough from the high and low ceilings found within the cave to collapse onto unsuspecting passerby's. This dungeon, despite the dangers, is frequented by jewelers and collectors alike to find the many different crystals and gems that are located here. Many rare gems await inside. Those with the upper ranks of Bishop and Ranger will meet a good challenge inside.

OBLITUS
The Ruins of Oblitus are dungeons located just a few kilometers northeast of Eldes River. Once a prosperous ancient city to a tribal elven race that used to rule miles and miles of land north of Eldes River, now they are only memories of what once used To be. Nature has once again claimed what it once had. The ruins are now overrun with plant life, insects, and wildlife, a lot of
which are monsters that prowl the area. Many of the monsters found here are for those who have had a bit of training, as many of the monsters here are dangerous and strong. Those with the ranks of Specialist, Sage, and Templar will find a good
challenge here.

FIERSOL
Located deep within Mt. Hydra, Fiersol Dungeon once used to be an old coal mine. An accident which caused a great fire to ignite in the mines of Fiersol have left the mine shaft abandoned for decades. The coal mine still continues to burn till this day nearly four decades later. Before the shaft was abandoned, miners would frequently go missing, and many lives have been claimed within its deep winding shafts. Now, it is heavily infested with monsters that can make their home in the hot, often noxious, mine shafts. Because of the fires that burn deep below the shaft, it makes for an extremely dangerous environment than it previously was, allowing many to make their home here with little interference from outsiders. The deeper into the shafts a wary traveler goes, the more likely the air will be toxic. Breathing in the air found here for too long can cause moderate to severe respiratory distress. These dungeons are not meant for rookies or curious travelers for these old coal shafts are also filled with moderate and upper-moderate level monsters. Higher leveled Templar's, Blaze, and low-leveled Sentinel's find adventure here.

DENITRUS
Traveling up the mountain of Hydra will get you up to the area of Denitrus, a dungeon for those few adventurers who can handle the climate as well as the wildlife. It is here in Denitrus where some high-level monsters are found, many of which could easily distinguish even some upper middle-ranked travelers. Along with some heavy-duty monsters, the volatile weather here is not for the faint of heart. The winds are freezing and piercing, often coupled with ice or snow that stings those who aren't properly dressed for the climate. Blizzards, snow storms, and even avalanches are likely to occur up here. And even without a powerful storm, the temperature can still plummet to below 20 degrees Fahrenheit at night. Paladin's, Knights, and some Mages will find adventure here.

GODUMAS
The dungeon of Godumas is found deep within Eoline Forest. It is an elusive place, and extremely dangerous. Even those with little magical intuition can sense the danger vibrating here when they are nearing the location. Many believe Godumas is haunted with dark spirits and malignant demonic presences, while others claim that a witch has cursed the area for all of eternity. Whatever the myth, Godumas is infamous for a dozen urban legends. For some reason, the forest surrounding and within Godumas never sees the light of day; it is permanently dark in the area, with only the light of a full moon able to pierce some parts during certain months. Part of this phenomena is the reason why so many myths have sprouted about Godumas. Many wonder if it there is a scientific reason. Whatever the cause, Godumas is dark, dreary, and overwhelmed with powerful monsters. High leveled Mages, Emperor's, and Pharaoh's can survive this area best.
SYLFAEN
The guild of Sylfaen (Sil-fain) accommodates those whose fighting styles typically use a mixture of both magical and physical prowess. Those who often choose to be part of Sylfaen have excellent magical potential coupled with natural cunning, speed, and intelligence in their fighting style. Many Sylfaen’s are fast, flexible, and physically strong. Sylfaen’s are trained to hone and use chi to counter the effect of expending too much magical energy or draining their physical power. The use of chi allows them to sustain their energies, but it does not let them rely too much on magic during battles. One of Sylfaen’s weaknesses, however, is in their usage of weapons. They aren’t trained as intensively as the other guilds in weapon usage, relying more on a mixture of magical and martial art fighting styles. The weapons that Sylfaen users typically are trained with are glaive’s, pole arms, throwing knives, spears, and chain whips. Magic’s that are common and strongest when found in members of this guild consist of those that use fire, wind, and shadows. Most Sylfaen’s fight with the use of magical back up rather than magic being their primary source of strength.

As a group, many Sylfaen members typically have had intensive education and are very cultured. They often value high intelligence, admiring those who have had a lot of schooling. Sylfaen’s also often come from rich, high class families. They value business, wealth, and are often associated or supportive of with the lucrative trade business that Calithea has established. The emblem of the Sylfaen’s is a white stag with a half-moon and a tree in the background. Unfortunately, because of many of the things Sylfaen’s value as a group, many of them can be pompous and self-centered. Some of them believe the poor are weak and lazy while others only care about themselves or about making money. Others attempt to spread the wealth through charity fundraisers and donating to local schools or cathedrals. The races commonly found in Sylfaen are elves, demons, dragon races, shapeshifters, and centaurs.

HERALDIN
Heraldin (Her-all-din) member’s biggest strength is in their magic. They have high magical potential as recruits, and when it is honed within this guild, their magical ability is exemplary. Heraldin’s primarily focus all of their energy into magic, and the magical well held within Heraldin members is often strong and powerful. Physically, Heraldin’s are limber, lithe, and agile, moving swiftly and gracefully, but most of them aren’t very strong. They aren’t trained very much in martial arts styles except in a few defensive maneuvers if they are caught off guard or waste their magical energy. Another weakness is that Heraldin’s will consume their magical energy quickly if they aren’t careful. Many counter this effect by creating potions that sustain or give back some of their magical energy. Weapons are often coupled with magic as well, and those primarily used in this guild are short swords, sabers, crossbows, bow and arrows, and flintlocks. Common magics in Heraldin are the elements of water, earth, and light.

Often, those in the Heraldin guild hold values in knowledge, wisdom, and freedom. Many Heraldin members have a high sense of empathy, sometimes even having empathy as a magical intuition. They are free-thinking individuals, often very open-minded about how they view the world and in their beliefs, and some of them are very humanistic. Charity and good faith are valued here, and a lot of them believe in the power of the people rather than in governmental control. Material things are unimportant. Unfortunately, a lot of Heraldin’s may be idealistic and naïve, seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. They make goals to improve societal issues, but find difficulty in executing a working plan. The emblem of Heraldin is the face of the Goddess Calithea wearing a crown with outspread, golden wings. Common races in Heraldin are fairies, mermaids, avians, magic-based valkyries, and elves.

AKANTHOS
The Guild of Akanthos (Ah-can-tos) holds members that often have natural physical strength and tactical ability. Members are honed immensely in weapons and combat training, utilizing most of their skills in the two. Often the races found in Akanthos are very physically strong, stronger than those in the other guilds, and employ brute strength, logic, and tactics into their fighting styles. Students and new recruits will obtain a high amount of training in weapons such as hammers, maces, broadswords, halberds, and morning stars. Many Akanthos are strong but slow and heavy as they fight, but any blow sustained by an Akanthos is quite powerful and effective, likely to take opponents down with only one or two blows. Their largest weakness is in magic as Akanthos usually have a very low well of magical potential. Magic is not as honed in Akanthos as it is in the other guilds. The magic most often used in Akanthos are status upgrades, such as potions to increase strength, accuracy, or speed. Other potions and magic frequently used are poisons and noxious gases. They fight mainly using weapons and with military combat fighting styles.

The majority of Akanthos have backgrounds in military, government, or law. Often, Akanthos member’s upbringing has been very strict and structured, their ancestors being linked back to warriors. Akanthos often hold very militaristic beliefs, customs, and value etiquette, strength, and pride in one’s accomplishments. Some Akanthos believe in living by a code during one’s lifetime, and don’t allow flexibility in how to get things done. This guild holds the belief that people are inherently malevolent and must be controlled. Negatively, they can be cruel and harsh, and believe people are flawed and would do wrongs if there were no rules or laws. The emblem of Akanthos is a wide-bladed great sword with a skull attached to the head of the hilt. The races commonly found in Akanthos are dwarves, humans, einherjar, combat-based valkyries, and orcs.

NON-AFFILIATED
For those that do not have any desire to join one of the three guilds, they remain unaffiliated. Unaffiliated citizens may have magical potential, physical strength, or natural abilities, but those gifts and natural skills will not be sharpened or trained like they would be in a guild. Guilds train their members to use those natural skills and potentials they already have, and hone them to be as good as they can become. Often, new citizens, neutral or uninterested civilians, and those too young or too old will remain unaffiliated with the guilds. Older Calithean's may have been part of a guild during their lifetime, but are no longer active members.
TECHNOLOGY
The technology of Calithea Capital is not quite as advanced as what would be found in a modern age, but it does have a lot of advancements than, say, medieval times. Some technological advancements could fall under steam punk classifications. There are steam-powered ships, gas-powered airships, wind turbines, and hydropowered homes utilizing the rustic water wheel. Stoves are usually gas-powered, and while no modern refrigeration exists, there are pantries and fridges that use either the old school method of chilling with ice or cool cellars, or the more technological hydropower, depending on the location of the residence. No gas or electric-powered vehicles exist, and modes of transportation are horse or magic-powered carriages, horseback, or going by foot. Modern devices such as walkie talkies, cell phones, tablets, and laptops do not exist. Other than that, there are bars (moreso called taverns or pubs) and other modes of entertainment will come from seasonal festivals and events.

CURRENCY
The currency system of Calithea is similar to the dollar, but they are called kudin instead of the dollar. One dollar is equal to one kudin. So one hundred dollar's would be one hundred kudin. Kudin is used primarily in exchange for goods, but sometimes, things can be traded depending on its value or need.

GUILDS
The three guilds, Sylfaen, Heraldin, and Akanthos, are the surnames of the three men who founded Calithea. Each one holds their own values and each one has a leader that assists to govern the town of Calithea. The leaders represent the voice of their guild. Characters are allowed to join these guilds upon their 16th birthday if they so wish as a rite of passage. The guilds exist for a few reasons. One is to train and teach its members their magical, physical, and mental capabilities. Another more important reason is to maintain some kind of order and control within the city. The diverse population of Calithea increases the risk of civil feuds due to differing races of beings, as well as their diverse opinions, beliefs, values, as well as varying amounts of power and magic. The guilds act like different political parties to create some kind of unity for diverse opinions as well as to ensure those that have magic are trained and disciplined. It is not necessary to be part of a guild, but a guild will assist users in increasing their skill at a more effective rate than someone who is not affiliated.

Points can be earned or lost to increase/decrease a guild members rank or status in a variety of ways. One way is to complete missions as they are made available. Points possible will be outlined for each mission depending on level of difficulty. Missions are outlined in the Almanac post Another way points can be earned is through battling monsters. The amount of points possible for monsters is outlined in the dungeons section. Lastly, points can also be earned by duels between or among guild members. Dueling a guild member can earn points, and the amount of points possible is based on what level or rank the members are, and will be determined by the mods of the roleplay, Aeolith and Corinne Ellyn.

For those wishing to earn points for your character to level up, you must quote Calithea if you are doing any of the following: A) a mission, B) having your character dungeoning to earn points, or C) dueling another character in a formal battle through the guild.

DUNGEONING TO EARN POINTS
Whenever a character is out in the dungeons and has defeated a monster, you are going to count the monsters you mentioned your character successfully defeating in your posts. With those defeated monsters, you will add the possible points you can earn from them once the dungeoning is complete in order to get the range. For instance, if your character is in Oblitus Dungeon, and kills a Shindra, a Monster Box, and two Hell Spider's, the ranges for those creatures in that dungeon are: Shindra = 10-15 points, Monster Box = 10-15 points, and Hell Spider = 12-18 points. So in defeating those monsters, then, the total possible range of points your character could have earned was between 44-66. Once you have the range, you are going to generate a random number between those ranges, and post it. That will be what your character has earned from that dungeoning quest.

Now, if a character loses to a monster, causing them to either have to be saved by another character, be injured, or not successfully defeat the monster and it gets away, etc, then your character loses those points. So if you lost to a Shindra, you'd lose between 10-15 points in your total guild ranking.

During a time skip, if your character went dungeoning, I will allow you to say that your character earned between 10-60 points. Number generate between this range in the OOC, and that determines your points earned. I'm only allowing each character to do this TWICE per a season. Meaning, all character's are only able to do this twice in Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. A count will be kept of character's who have done this.

MISSIONS
Counting points in a mission is either a pass or fail thing. So if a mission is worth 20 points per completion, then the character thus earns 20 points. If a character fails said mission, 20 points are deducted from their overall score.

GUILD DUELS
Lastly, a character wanting to duel another character from either the same guild or a different guild must register at Geneva Castle to earn points. So for those who want to do fun little duels with one another, in order to earn points you must have formerly had your character's go to register for said duel in the role play,and after quoting Calithea. The points are going to be determined by the mods, Corinne Ellyn and Aeolith, but the winner and loser must be predetermined by those dueling. If we determine that, say, the winner will earn 50 points, then that means the defeated character lost 50 points.

The reason for registering to earn points is to keep people from trying to collect points by saying that their character attacked another character, defeated them, and then trying to collect those points. Only formal duels earn you points. So if your character hates on and attacks another character, this will not have you gaining or losing points.
MISSIONS
DUNGEON MAPPING
Much of the dungeons found in Calithea have yet to be fully mapped out, especially the harder they get. Individual's are awarded anywhere from 10 to 30 points for assisting in finding more undiscovered areas of the dungeons.
MINOTAUR RAMPAGE
There’s been an over-abundance of Minotaur at the Terrafel Caves that the monsters have been leaving the caves and entering populated areas! More attacks of Minotaur have been reported in town, particularly around Falael Docks area, as they travel away from White Boulder Bay. Bishops and Ranger ranks will have a good challenge defeating these stray Minotaur, but those below those ranks will be biting off more than they can chew. Defeating these stray Minotaur extends anywhere from 15 to 25 points, depending on the size and strength of each Minotaur. (Available to those non-affiliated in order to keep the populace safe; no points will be granted).
FIRE CRYSTALS
Ahoy! Geneva castle needs fire crystals for training purposes. These are found in most dungeons to include Terrafel, Fiersol, and the infamous Godumas. The stronger the crystals found, the more use can come from them, rather than fizzling out in one or two uses. Any and all crystals are welcomed to be donated, but the Godumas crystals can be used up the 20 times! Be cautious about which dungeons you tread for crystals, however; only those proper ranks should be going into those dungeons for crystals. Mission expires on Winter 20.
FIERSOL RESCUE
Oh no! A child playing close to the old mineshafts of Fiersol has wandered into the cave and is now trapped somewhere inside. She had chased her ball that had bounced into the cave, only to come across one of the Mini-Dragons that live inside. In her attempts to hide, she only went deeper and deeper into the cave, and cannot find her way back out again. Find and rescue her, and it will earn you 50 points! (Only available on Winter 11)
HORNET HONEY
Hornets in Calithea are much like bees in that they produce honey within their nests. Hornet honey is very sweet and is known as a delicacy around town, along with having wonderful antioxidant and healing uses when someone is very sick, and is also a good preventative to becoming sick particularly during winter months. Whether consumed by itself or in a tea, the honey can help with bringing down high-grade fevers and providing much relief for congestion or cough. The clinic needs hornet honey to be delivered for their sick patients, as their stock is almost out. Hornets are only found on Giada Island where the dungeon of Yunales is found. While hornets are easy to defeat, they usually are found in groups, as their hives can have up to hundreds of hornets at once. Their stings are the worst, causing mild fevers, vertigo, and nausea or vomiting and of course are very painful. One hive produces 5 jars of honey, and each jar grants 10 points. Don’t get stung!

WINTER FESTIVALS
WINTERLUDE
The first festival of the winter brings many fun-in-the-snow activities held at Aaris Lake! Partake in the igloo-building workshop or enjoy the snow slides and obstacle courses. Or watch the dog sled races and try your hand at the snowplow races. If you’re looking for a more easy-going experience, enjoy ice skating on the lake. Plenty of food stands will be available that will provide a variety of winter foods from delicious stews and soups to hot chocolate and freshly baked pies. Live music will also be playing if you’d like to dance or simply listen. All in all, enjoy the first winter festival!

WINTER HARMONY
Winter Harmony is known as the most giving time of year. Most often, it is the ladies who bake chocolate goods ranging from chocolate cookies, chocolate cakes, puddings, brownies, or doughnuts, and who then give them to the gentlemen—particularly those of which they have an interest for. In most recent years, it has evolved where now most people give a single gift to those they are closest to. The gifts are hand-made rather than bought, such as woven sweaters, baskets, picture frames or paintings, handmade-soaps, and sweets. For anyone celebrating today, you can either go the traditional way, or make your own gift to give.

NEW YEARS EVEThe last day of the year, the day that welcomes the birth of spring, and the fading of winter. The celebration this year takes place in Downtown Calithea upon the very streets. Vendors of all sorts will be open late, such as those selling food and adult drinks, jewelry, candles, toys and trinkets for the children, potions, and a variety of other nifty items. Live music plays all night, and a magical fireworks display will also partake after midnight. It is said that a shared kiss at the stroke of midnight will foster good fortune for the coming year, so be sure to stick close to someone you love.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff