Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Title says it all! We're looking for reliable colourists to add to the team C: The store has (I like to think) a casual and relaxed atmosphere, and an aim of easily obtainable quality pets with a rich roleplay setting.

All colourists MUST be reliable, and able to communicate! Any issues can be brought directly to me (come down carousel) and be sorted out, rather than you having to stress or worry.

Continue to the next post for the rules and application form if this sounds good to you ;D

User Image

Applicants will need:
To be able to create markings that flow with the body of the Kuniku, eye pleasing colour schemes and colour blending. You will also need to know how to colour lineart, and use .psd files. Being able to do lineart edits on the Kuniku is a big bonus, and will help your chances.

If hired:
All hired colourists will be expected to do at least one custom and one breeding per month, which they can set up in any manner they want (raffle, colourist's choice, etc). You will also be expected to contribute at least four adult-stage only Kuniku to each event (you will get at least 2 weeks warning before an event), and one growing Kuniku for each flatsale (held monthly).
These are the base requirements to remain working at the store. Any breedings done extra after the 1 required will earn the colourist 2 points, and any freebie Kuniku given away earn the colourist 1 point. These points can be used toward a free Kuniku for the colourist or a friend, or an auction in the next event.

Gold:
Colourists earn 100% of auctions and breedings, and 75% of flatsales (the flatsale price being 5k and breedings 10k). The end income from raffles is split between the colourists involved depending on the number of Kuniku contributed.

Lineart to Colour

Application Form
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Past work experience:[/b]
[b]Currently working at:[/b] (N/A if none)
[b]Samples of other work:[/b[
[b]Kuniku samples:[/b]
[b]Why you want to work here:[/b]

User Image

Applicants

Cosmoses
Username: Cosmoses, but call me Cos or Cosmo :3
Past work experience: Statik Realm, Mercredi and Komirin
Currently working at: Mercredi and Komirin. Both stores are going at a sedate pace so no worries on the time management front.
Samples of other work: [x][x][x]
Kuniku samples: [x][x]
Why you want to work here: I want to get back into the colouring groove again and the Kuniku bases are really designer- and soft-shade friendly. Not to mention adorable. It'd be awesome to make new friends and some spending money on the side too.

Bubbles the lawyer
Username: Bubbles the Lawyer
Past work experience: I've had a few shops of my own before and am in the process of creating another.
Currently working at: N/A
Samples of other work: Mainly Chibis~
Kuniku samples:Sample 1 More to come. ^_^
Why you want to work here: Well, I think it's really fun looking and that it would be a good learning experience. n.n

Kamileunaire
Username: Kamileunaire
Past work experience: Various places, Cafe de la Vie, other places I can't remember. Crapton of CYOs, if that counts :BB
Currently working at: n/a
Samples of other work: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Kuniku sample:
[x]
Why you want to work here:
I've always rather liked the shop and I think I can match the style of the way they're colored fairly well. I can also probably offer light edits and custom items, if we're allowed to do that at all.

Your Personal Stranger
Username:
Past work experience:
Currently working at: All Things Winged, Corella
Samples of other work: Old Sample no recent samples sad
Kuniku samples: [x] [x]
Why you want to work here:
The lineart is adorable, and I really want to get back into coloring. Don't worry about the other shops I'm working at. Corella is at a slow pace and (sadly) ATW is close to dead. I should have plenty of time for Kuniku.

yukii
Username: yukii
Past work experience: Wishing on a Star, Neko Flurry [ apparently trying to be revived ] --- and a few other places but they died after the hiring period. . . OTL
Currently working at: poneko [ semi-hiatus ], .hack//GAIA [R:EDIT], Kotton Bells [ kind of dead atm ] so like... two dead-ish shops and a slow growing shop. |D
Samples of other work: [.hack//GAIA 01] [02] [poneko 01] [02] [03] Kotton Bells 01] [02] [03]
Kuniku samples: [based off of an OC] [purple n yellow] [moar leopard pattern]
Why you want to work here: because I like hanging out with you guys; and the lineart is really fun to colour~

ewagan

Username: ewagan
Past work experience: enough. I can color and do minor edits.
Currently working at: Really working? Erulisse. The rest are sort of like, if there's actually something to do..
Samples of other work: PB!
Kuniku samples: -points to the linky on top- All samples should be in there.
Why you want to work here: I love the feather butt thing. And adorable lineart, and the nice people.

User Image
open for posting C:
:b -raspberries-

Invisible Lover

-will apply in the morning.. is to tired to even think straight- Oh.. I just do minor edits. I'll cry if I have to re template and redraw every last hair..
@kuyusi- auctions generally start at around 5k, and the winning bid can be anywhere between 10k-1mill! so colourists will just get 100% of whatever their auction makes o wo for breedings two adult kuniku are given and the colourist creates between 2-4 growing pups for them, so they get to keep 100% of the fee since they're doing all the work themselves C:
and kuniku are just the feather butt dudes! lol

for the kuniku samples- i've linked a .psd file of the lineart above the application form- just nab that and colour it and use that as your sample o wo and dw about asking questions and stuff i'm more than glad to help n un

@ewagan- lol! don't worry kuniku will never have massive crazy edits xD looking forward to seeing your app!

Witty Nymph

Ah, awesome!

I err, kind of edited my post asking more questions, but I'll re-post right here so you don't have to go searching.

I prefer a somewhat painterly style; would I be required to paint in a 'shop style', or is it open to the colorists how they approach the painting? (meaning, is it fly, as long as it looks good?)

Invisible Lover

mmmkay. I shall dump my PB album of coloring here for you to browse through while i get some shut eye. It's 10.45pm here and I've been running around and sleep-deprived the whole week...

All ob muh colorings

Witty Nymph

Hey, this looks kind of like how it works with the paintbrushes on Neopets!
@kuyusi- it's pretty much open how you colour the pets- but it's always good if you're able to do other styles just in case o wo

Eloquent Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
hmmm... i should give this a try later after work time...

Witty Nymph

Come Down Carousel
@kuyusi- it's pretty much open how you colour the pets- but it's always good if you're able to do other styles just in case o wo

I will totes do a sample in my own style then, and see what you guys think! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff