Welcome to Gaia! ::

Confident Genius

User Image

Hullo my fellow Gaians! I come bearing a proposition! Hopefully one that can make everyone happy. Feel free to speak your piece, but be aware, we've already heard the "Shut up and accept it" thing about a dozen times over. But I'm telling you right now that isn't the point here. I'm not here to complain. I'm not here to BAAAW. I just want the chance to use a beautiful item to it's fullest creative extent. And I'm sure a lot of you do too.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, we're not saying it needs to be a right-away kind of thing. Even if it's a side burner project that they work on if they ever have some spare time. If they decide to do it but it will take some waiting, I'm cool with that. As long as they communicate that to us and we could expect it some time in the future when they had the time and resources, I would be perfectly happy.

User Image
*Edit created by Dreamsk. Isn't it a pretty sight?*

Opening post of the original Site Feedback Thread:

Quote:
Alright, we've all heard the for or against arguments and I think this is a comfortable middle ground. (sorry to people who wanted other years, I did to. I wanted the sash of the year my daughter was born or when I met my husband, but it seems that can't happen without it making someone else unhappy, so I'm willing to concede that much)

Let's have our sashes that we are given. It's icon stays the same and is the icon of that year. The difference is, we would have every color as a pose. But every color would still bear the same year number. That way an 03'er can still feel special for having an '03 sash. The only difference is they could wear it in more than gold. An 09'er would still be an 09'er as stated by the sash. But they could have a golden '09 sash to go with their outfit.

That way the special uniqueness of your join date sash is not tarnished by pretenders and you can still have that special "just for you" feeling. The sashes can remain soulbound and actually be useful to a far greater spread of people. And there can be a lot less unhappiness all around.

I know the biggest thing is the higher ups do not want to unsoulbound them. This keeps them soulbound. All that would be required is taking the basic year sash and plastering on the other colors. No number changes. Just a very basic edit to make it easier for the artists.

Posts Within Said Thread

Lexenos the Bard
Wherever I go, I'm thinking of you.

Gaia gets to keep them soulbound, the sashes get to stay customized to each account, and the users get all the colors they want, and I won't have to look at that disgusting pink in my inventory anymore. XD

You are my love, my mirror, my fail-proof back up plan.

Amethyst Meadow
Like I said in a GD thread. I'm not so concerned with the "status" of my join date. I know when I joined gaia. What numbers other people see on this account don't bother me so much. But that blue sash would go with this avi, which I am very fond of, so much better than a red one.

I do feel the need, though, to say thank you for the items, regardless. Like I said, I love the blue sash. And even if I can't wear it, it's a lovely item! So the artists and other people who worked on the items did really well!

That being said, again. I love this idea. Hopefully, the gaian staff will take a look and concider it! ^^

Unregistered Blank
just like in the constitution "every man is created equal" i think every item has the right to be treated just as well as the dark halo is, it is used often and well, it dosent rot in peoples inventory, if such an item were to do just that it would simply be a waste of pixels and artists time, which is being greedy in an offhand way

Slick Southpaw
Akitoki_Houjou
I honestly would love that idea. I know that they said "Its too expensive and it would take longer than 2-3 days for each sash" Either that or if they released different colored sash's without the years date in the GS
User Image
..since gaia is also hurting for money, I wouldn't mind this actually being in the Cash Shop, like the prom....Satin Hair Ribbon, with all those lovely poses on 1 item for a reasonable price cool

Generic Luminescence
A solution I see it to make an alternative set of sashes without the years on them and release them in Barton Jewelers, in addition they can add extra colours to them.

Nobody could complain that it is affecting the 'value' (just how do you value a untradeable, free, worthless pixelated item anyway?) as the original sashes still can't be sold.

I'm only interested in it for the colours, and some of the newer sashes have better colours than the older ones. I am annoyed at Gaia for binding them to people's accounts all of a sudden, I can see where soul binding has its uses but Gaia is starting to abuse their own feature and I can see it being like cancer, and getting a lot worse if it goes untreated.

For used zOMG power ups (like out of a set of ten, there is just one charge left) and 'aged' aquarium fish then I agree soul binding is a good thing to prevent people from being ripped off. As for the oni set and sashes, it is a huge mistake.

People can sell the oni set for 13K back to stores I believe, and every time someone who doesn't want an oni set they exchange it for gold by deleting the item, depriving a person who wants it a chance of getting it. Some day when all the fortune eggs are gone, the oni set could turn out to be like the original halos. Gaia used to be that everyone used to be able to get any item, now I see them moving away from this and it makes me feel a little sad.

Alrighty, with that being said, I'm hoping this can be a chance to make a lot more people happy rather than just an exclusive few. And please give us a positive rating if you agree. redface

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/now-that-s-a-sash-of-a-different-color-the-petitioning/t.47465943/][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Sinivar/sash.jpg[/img][/url]

Affiliates

User Image
User Image
User Image

Mod:

Seraph Mirako (cuz he's the husband and gets special privileges and such~)

I can haz Signatures?

1. Sinivar
2. Seraph Mirako
3. katern
4. Drakansa
5. Fate Ryku
6. Lady Phoenix Fire
7. Akitoki_Houjou
8. SakuraMinamino
9. Ren Bladeleaf
10. Trix_Disorder
11. rimedragona
12. Razzly Star
13. Radioactive Freezer
14. Lexenos the Bard
15. Orphan Auction Charity
16. The Caffeine Queen
17. TombRaider 288
18. omnomNOM de Plume
19. Lord Haragorn
20. Shampoo-chan
21. Keally212
22. x_shinichi_x
23. thepinkythepink
24. FEEDBACK PL0X
25. [Xenocide]
26. Elvayne
27. BerryFrost
28. pink99chick
29. Celabrien Shadowweaver
30. River Kelpie
31. Sairento Yuzuki
32. Asuka Lei
33. Ame no Yanagi
34. Black Blood Orchid
35. Cerulean Siren
36. lushrocker MK
37. Shureilia
38. xYoshi-RAWR
39. CleoSombra
40. emmelle cain
41. Ace of Shadows 2
42. Cadence Lynn
43. Sages Fallen Angel
44. The Sweet Mango
45. zeerah12
46. Suisho Tomoe
47. oozu
48. Decline Infected
49. blood_raiin
50. lovemydogabby1
51. Zephyrkitty
52. plckIe_weasel
53. ~Love Will Tear Us Apart~
54. Goldine
55. Fabulous Dahling
56. N e h s s a
57. Elven Romance Lasts 4ever
58. R o b o - R e e
59. Fillette Rance
60. illseeurprettyfaceinhell
61. Kinny Fear
62. Radioactive Waste
63. Alasse chan
64. MrsrachaelSnape
65. A Faerie
66. T3h Black Sharpie
67. ScarlettSugoi
68. bubble clouds
69. Cupeco
70. Zrinn
71. sazupupu
72. Kuraara
73. Duckie Sex
74. Korrey
75. pantherwisdom
76. iEntchen
77. SmurfQueen279
78. Rexlii
79. Catzandbirdz
80. sakura-ayanami
81. Mythbuster_Amanda
82. Hades Aidoneus
83. Daxii
84. twilightluver125
85. Strawberry_Sharpies
86. iAltir
87. Sheraira
88. Teh_Red_Fox
89. Anabelle
90. kuromeruneko
91. Nainai Kagoyuchi
92. Zorella-san
93. Kawariko
94. monkey_amanda_29
95. Koyuki Suou
96. Teh Princess Yuka
97. myako_kaito
98. Pachi Rin-san
99. oris mei
100. sanctus king
101. Fail-Kun
102. Uma_Deadly-Kiss
103. Leo_Kisurage
104. I Am _-_JustSomeone_-_
105. AyaKage
106. peachland1
107. Emma Jane-Chan
108. BunBunRei
109. Kuro 7
110. Chombi
111. Harpiagirl
112. Psychodalia
113. Ellie teh Magnificent
114. EveeLover4
115. Akuba-Rasuto
116. Kaito-Seigi
117. serpent_dancer21
118. iKateness
119. l Califone l
120. EDWlN
121. nekoyoka
122. Yami-dono
123. TomV
124. PANiC iTS BRiANA
125. twinklehearty10
126. DemonCutie120
127. Sexy Candy Girl
128. weezbe_robbinu
129. reinita_bonita17
130. Flittershy
131. reginleifthevalkyrie
132. Lady Anarchy
133. Jexious Child
134. Svefngengill
135. Starzel
136. b o u n c y m a n g o
137. maymaylove
138. Morigerus
139. Goddess of the Aurora
140. Syntriel Koehali
141. Adrenaline Monkey
142. soulgirl99
143. Talee-Chan
144. Frizillion
145. xdigiwriterx
146. Graveyard Romance
147. Gokuschichi4848
148. Annasay
149. Elizabeth Victoria Cullen
150. Lampe au Mercure
151. CheyXCatastrophe
152. Kymoris
153. Kano5060

Dangerous Prophet

User Image

I've been made a mod, and now this is a supplemental post.

TombRaider 288 has gone above and beyond, using photoshop to show us how the sashes would look in each color, from the front, anyways.

TombRaider 288
I made some example edits. (Please don't be too critical, it was my first time using photo shop.)

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

(Also sorry if the images are too big.)

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Sure sign me up.

BTW~ I love your avi.

Tanz Grotesk's Significant Otter

Sexy Wife

I sign the crap out of this.

I want to show off my pretty 05 sash, but the red sash doesn't go with my blue avi!

Confident Genius

Drakansa

I want to show off my pretty 05 sash, but the red sash doesn't go with my blue avi!
It would look so great on your avi.

I'll do my best to get you and the others heard. Maybe even tread the deadly waters of the Chatterbox to advertise. gonk

Dangerous Prophet

Sinivar
Drakansa

It would look so great on your avi.

I'll do my best to get you and the others heard. Maybe even tread the deadly waters of the Chatterbox to advertise. gonk
That might not be a bad idea, CB'ers flock to petitions if they like them.
Okay...you can have my autograph...

...just don't sell it.

Dangerous Prophet

Fate Ryku

...just don't sell it.
And who would want it you piece of shi-
I mean, thank you for signing! please follow me through this dark alley where no one can hear you scream, and try not to sound like Kerrik food.

Confident Genius

Fate Ryku

...just don't sell it..
I would never!

*Ebay's*
Also, on a side note, it wouldn't be too hard, aside the coding and what not. How hard is it to recolor some pixels? I've been doing that on Paint (note:those are simple sprites). Just use photoshop and mess with the color balance or something. I was disappointed with the color given, and it is a great idea to have a multitude of color to the balance. Who says that people are to like one color and one color alone? We made that mistake a time ago...mistakes shouldn't be repeated.
THANK YOU AMERICA!! *steps of soapbox*
Seraph Mirako
Fate Ryku

...just don't sell it.
And who would want it you piece of shi-
I mean, thank you for signing! please follow me through this dark alley where no one can hear you scream, and try not to sound like Kerrik food.
Dispite the blood-hungry look in your eye and the rusty chain saw in your hand...you seem like a trustworthy guy. SURE! *skip skip skip*
Sinivar
Fate Ryku

...just don't sell it..
I would never!

*Ebay's*
I GET 20%! I GET 20%!
*signs*

I've got no problem with the soulbinding, none.
But I can't use pink on this avi - give me red, black or gold please!

Confident Genius

Lady Phoenix Fire
*signs*

I've got no problem with the soulbinding, none.
But I can't use pink on this avi - give me red, black or gold please!
xd The heck of it is I'd give my red one over for a pink one. I love pink but hardly ever wear lots of red. I'd be so happy to show off my 05'lyness if it just weren't red.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff