Omnipresent Capitalist

Before anything I Just wanted to say sorry if I seem a bit nervous. Putting my work out there isn't easy for me. But I really enjoy hearing feedback and when people enjoy my work, so I'm giving it a shot anyway!

Hallo! You can call me Minty! I'm just a casual writer who's really into romance and drama stuff. Been dabbling in writing and roleplaying for about 20 years now. Lately, I've been totally obsessed with my latest project for just over a month. But hey, enough about me, right?

Name of the Book
The current name is "Two Weeks Between Love and Hate" I do not know if this is the final title I will keep in the end.

Genre
This is a Slice of life/Romance/Drama/Comedy, not exactly in that order though.
This story is stuffed with intense drama, sprinkled with moments of fluff, and garnished with a chaser of funny family moments.

Content warnings!
This book dives deep into some heavy stuff, exploring the darkest aspects of the human experience and how we survive to rise above them. It's not for the faint of heart or those who are sensitive to trauma. There's no sugarcoating here and many of the events discussed are based on real experiences, and they're treated with the gravity and respect they deserve. I am aiming to capture the raw emotions and complexities involved in these situations. So, if you're up for a raw and real journey, dive in. But if you're easily disturbed, you might want to steer clear.
(For full a list of the possible triggers, please PM)

Length
Right now, the book is sitting at about 120,000 words, and it's getting bigger by the day. I'm working on adding a new chapter every other day, sometimes even more frequently.

Who is my book targeted for?
This is aimed at readers aged 18 and above, nothing below with no exceptions. As for who might enjoy it the most, I'd say folks between 21 and 40 are the main crowd. Well, mainly because I'm creeping up towards the older end of that range myself! crying
People who love drama will totally binge-read this book and then feel depressed waiting for the next chapter to drop.(Not my words)
If you have any questions before reading, feel free to ask. I'm a very open and friendly person, and I thoroughly enjoy discussing or just answering questions about my stories!

Status
WIP / I'm making some rough edits at the end of each chapter. So besides a few mistakes, it should be pretty readable... I hope! sweatdrop

Style
The narrative is in the third-person perspective, utilizing pronouns such as he/him, she/her, and they/them alongside the characters' names to refer to them.

Synopsis!
This is a story about a Man and a woman. Back in high school, when they were both teenagers, the girl used to bully the boy from freshman year all the way up to graduation. He was a bit overweight and socially awkward, while she was a redhead with a temper as fiery as her hair, often directing her frustration and depression towards him with a burning intensity.. As a result, the boy developed a strong aversion towards most women, particularly redheads. Meanwhile, the girl's self-esteem plummeted even further after high school as she was forced to reflect, finding herself falling for the wrong guy.

Years later, the boy's life has transformed into quite the success story, though not without a few quirks and conditions. Discovering a passion for boxing, the once chubby, awkward boy now boasts a handsome and fit form, albeit his still slightly awkward demeanor. Despite the constant attention from the opposite sex, he remains largely indifferent to their advances. In fact, he tends to be a tad too blunt and straight up rude with most women, especially redheads! As he plans a trip back home, little does he know of the surprise waiting for him.

In a little town, there are two moms prepping for a dinner to introduce their kids. What they don't know is that the kids they're planning to bring together were once involved in the same bully and victim situation back in high school. Over the next couple of weeks, the two reunite, stirring up old memories and pain. They grapple with facing past animosities and emotions they thought were buried. One never imagined feeling this way again, while the other never expected to experience it at all.

During this period, their past resurfaces, posing a threat to their lives and livelihoods. Amidst pain, tears, and laughter, they're fighting to keep their heads above water and avoid slipping into old habits. As their relationship develops, they realize that the line between love and hate is razor-thin. It's uncertain whether two weeks are sufficient to let go of resentment and embrace love as it arrives, sudden and unforeseen.

Still here?
Awesome!

How to read(My book heh)
I'm not quite ready to openly share the link to my book just yet. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience! However, if you're interested, feel free to shoot me a PM here on Gaia or add me on Discord!
@ "s_7_g"