Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruby's Summer Scrapbook: Lake Kindred Art Contest!

Judging has completed

Hello campers! I'm so happy to meet you all in person. Oh, I'm sure we've met a time or two at my shop of course, but it's just not the same now that I know you all as such brave heroes. You see, Peyo's told me all about your adventures at camp! I'm just glad he's having a great time. While he's away for the summer, all tucked away and safe from the current not-so-friendly happenings of Gaia, I'm assembling an adorable scrapbook for him to remember his first summer camp trip by. Quaint, right? He's going to absolutely love it!

I've asked him to send me lots of photos about the Wing Scouts' adventures with their Kin friends, but most of Peyo's letters have arrived a tad soggy for whatever reason. All the photos I have are just blurry messes! It's up to you all to help me collect the perfect scenes to add to the album. Let's have a contest!

What is this contest about?
We'll be collecting works of art to assemble a Camp Nimbus scrapbook for Peyo so he never forgets his adventures at Lake Kindred with you and the Wing Scouts.

Criteria:
Include any Gaia NPCs or Gaians (yourself, your friends, etc.) featured in a scene at Lake Kindred! (examples: Hiking, roasting marshmallows, etc.) Be sure to include at least one Kin!

Categories: There are two separate categories you may enter: Traditional and Digital. Please only one submission per entrant in the category of your choice.

To make sure your entry is seen; please use the following form to submit your entry:

*Username:
* Name of your submission:
*Description (optional):
* Insert image of your artwork!
* Category (choose one: Traditional or Digital)

How long will the contest last?
This contest will last from August 8th, 2015 to August 15th, 2015 at 11:59PM PST, so you must submit your contest entry before the ending time. Unfortunately, no late entries will be accepted.

How do I enter the contest?
Entering the contest is simple! Just post your entry in this thread during the time the contest is open using the form above. As long as it meets the contest criteria, it will be entered in the contest!

How many times can I enter the contest?
Only one submission per entrant in the category of your choice. There are two separate categories you may enter: Traditional and Digital.

How will contest winners be selected!?
All entries will be looked at by a select panel of Gaia staff, and the top 10 will be chosen for each category.

I don't live in the US, can I still enter this contest? ?
Sure can! As long as your country allows you to enter contests like this, you are certainly welcome to join in the fun and try for a prize! (By entering, you declare that you checked and indeed, your country allows you to enter this contest!)

Can I hang out in here to comment on other people’s artwork and chat and meet people?
Yes! Feel free to hang out and chat while the contest goes on. Please don't just randomly post spam messages though - that would not be cool. This is a community contest, not a spamfest. If you want to earn gold from spamming, go to the Chatterbox - you can spam there to your heart's content!

Speaking of fabulous prizes, what ARE they!!!?
Five Grand Prize winners will receive:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image + ?

August 2015 Sealed Letter, [Kindred] Cabochomp, Large Kin Booster Pack, Large Kindred Player Booster Pack, and Mystery Kindred Egg (10 Pack), along with 1 random [Animal] Kin-inspired fur!

Five Runners-up will receive:

User Image User Image User Image User Image + ?

August 2015 Sealed Letter, Mystery Kindred Egg (10 Pack), Small Kin Booster Pack, Small Kindred Player Booster Pack, and 1 random [Animal] Kin-inspired fur!

Five Honorable Mentions will receive:
    User Image x 5!

5 copies of Mystery Kindred Egg!

All of our winners will also be featured in an album on Gaia's official Facebook page.

gaia_angelleft heart Good luck to all entrants! heart gaia_angelright
The Winners Are In!

It was a fantastic contest, Gaians! I'm so proud of all of you. The adventures you've had with your Kin were a thrill to witness, to say the very least! Everyone did an astounding job capturing that Camp Nimbus spirit. Here are the final winners:

First Place
Digital:
Traditional:

Second Place
Digital:
Traditional:

Honorable Mentions:
Digital:
Traditional:

Congratulations to all! Your prizes are on their way. Thanks for participating and have a fantastic day, Gaians.

OG Smoker

21,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
I wish I was good at drawing... Good luck to all the entries!

Goodluck to everyone, I probably will not enter this.
;P

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

*shakes fist at Rance* Summon the Gijinka contest!

I can't arts, so good luck, everyone!

Melodious Shapeshifter

17,090 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
Ooh! This might be worth entering~

Hallowed Fox

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Battle: KO 200
I shall return with my entry :3

Salty Sailor

36,100 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
To rage war on an open sea...

Mai_Matsuko ~ Sie hat nicht alle Tassen im Schrank.

How fun! Good luck to all entrants~

A sailor pirate is what I wish to be.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

If anyone happens to draw Brennivin with a kindred, they're also welcome to submit their entry to the contest in my Brennivin fanthread. ninja

I completely fail at drawing, but I had all of these ideas about NPCs and kindred, so...have some really really malformed lineart!

*Username: Salathielly

*Name of your submission: Some NPCs Shouldn't Be Allowed to Have Kindred

*Description (optional): Gino goes to battle Nyx, confident in his level 5 Leafkit's abilities (being a Gambino, he chose the starter pet with the biggest eyebrows), only to find out that Nyx has a level 50 Phantom Stagony! Oh noes! Meanwhile, Brennivin learns of Furious Aerling's pursuit of flight and decides to give the little guy a ride! Russell Ace makes the mistake of challenging his Jasper Cabochomp to a game of blackjack and loses horribly, while Diedrich gets in touch with his roots.

User Image

*Category: Traditional (aka really really bad lineart)

Perfect Artist

I cant my art is no good for contests emo

Lonely Phantom

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
Lmao. Is it bad that I may already have a head-start on this thing? xd

Good luck to all those that enter! heart

Hater

sounds fun