Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi there!

I'm looking for a theme song for my OC Kiki: she's a character who I made up for roleplaying. I'd like the text of the song to relate to her life and/or her personality, but I'd also like the song to match her taste (or at least somewhat match it).

Kiki's taste in music:
Kiki likes girly pop songs. She often prefers female singers, but it does depend on the song.

Things the song's text could be about:
-Hiding your problems under cheerfulness (not wanting to believe you have any problems and such)
-Acting like a social butterfly, not completely realizing that actually it would make you happier to develop a deeper friendship than to have a lot of more distant friends
-Trying to forget about the past because you don't want to deal with it
-Feeling like you're stuck between two sides of a family feud, agreeing with one side but feeling like that side is going too far

The first one (hiding problems or refusing to believe you're not completely happy) is what I'm looking for most, but if you don't know any songs like that, the others may be fine as well.

Anyone have any ideas?
MAUTHAUSEN BY PROXY
wtf is an OC besides a rich kid coming of age story teen dramedy set in Orange County CA

OC stands for "original character", meaning a character I invented myself as opposed to a character from an existing book, movie, tv-series etcetera. I'll edit my post to make it more clear ^^

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

it's hard to think of a pop song like that hmm

i mean there's "be ok" by ingrid michaelson, but it's kinda sadder
"open me up and you will see/ i'm a gallery of broken hearts"

or is this the kind of pop you mean "i'm so lucky" by lucky twice
"you can fool yourself/ i promise it will help"

"when i was a child/ everybody smiled / nobody knows me at all"

lmk what you're looking for
sora wonk
it's hard to think of a pop song like that hmm

i mean there's "be ok" by ingrid michaelson, but it's kinda sadder
"open me up and you will see/ i'm a gallery of broken hearts"

or is this the kind of pop you mean "i'm so lucky" by lucky twice
"you can fool yourself/ i promise it will help"

"when i was a child/ everybody smiled / nobody knows me at all"

lmk what you're looking for

Wow, thank you! These are great! I love how both the text and the cheerful melody of the first two songs can be a good portrayal of Kiki's evasive behavior and her optimistic lifestyle. The second one fits best, since there's no "gallery of broken hearts" involved (Kiki's problems are to do with her family, not with relationships). The third one doesn't fit as well, both in music style (it's a bit slow for Kiki's taste) and in text (Kiki's not really focussed on "no-one knowing her", and also, she's not at all bitter about the superficiality of her optimistic lifestyle, since she doesn't actually realize there's anything wrong with it or that it's not really what she would be most happy with).

I already found a song that matched a bit (though not so much in music style, but text matters more to me than style), but "I'm so lucky" is even better biggrin . I might use both ^^

(I needed theme songs for my roleplay character sheets, and for her brother Ryo, it's really easy, since he's really into music and likes to be able to relate to it, but for Kiki, it was a lot more difficult, since her situation is somewhat unusual and also since her music style is more peppy/cheerful/girly and the songs she likes aren't usually about complicated issues like avoiding your problems.)

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

Livinii
Cool! What was the song you found for Kiki? I know a character who is very similar to her which is why I liked the prompt.
It you will do j-pop, anything from kyary pamyu pamyu will work.
sora wonk
Cool! What was the song you found for Kiki? I know a character who is very similar to her which is why I liked the prompt.

Vienna Teng - The Tower
"She carries the act so convincingly the fact / is, sometimes she believes it"

Now I'm curious: who is the character who is so similar to Kiki?

ba dum tis

Thanks for your suggestion as well! I'm not very familiar with J-pop, but I have nothing against it either, so I took a look at kyary pamyu pamyu, and the music style does indeed suit Kiki, but not all the songtexts do. I found one that does, but I think sora wonk's song is more accurate, so I'll use that ^^.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff