Welcome to Gaia! ::

kudos for wanting to delve into the realm of what japan has to offer but

may i pls ask why the specific request for what the majority of anime fans listen to

am i the only one who is wondering this or r r r

exclaim

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

Supercell (is great <3 btw) and Jun Maeda both sound like

Seriyu who I really like for this song:

also SNoW (which is my top played song that sounds like Supercell):

also Aimer

also this ending because the show killed me

also Yui (who was really popular back in the day)

Since you seem to lean towards gentler pop a bit more, I'd recommend anime ed's from the 00s. Especially mainstream things like Bleach.

My personal favorite atm (not quite like supercell):

okay yuppp

Zealot

Clean Autobiographer

3,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
haine22
Sieghart Frost Prince
haine22
Lol that's a very vague request, like there's different genres: jpop, jrock, visual kei, j-indie, vocaloid, etc
Juuust letting you know I'm not an expert in any way, buuut uhhh im curious if are you looking for kawaii-ness like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (I'm sure you've heard Pon Pon Pon) ? (In which case I'd suggest Sayumi's Shaba Daba Do) or are you into girl groups like AKB48 (they sung Disney's Wreck-it-Ralph's "Sugar Rush" wink ?

uuhhh a good place to start is searching up the singer/songwriter of your favourite anime theme songs (like say, Noragami's opening was sung by Hello Sleepwalkers) and then searching up related bands/artists, record label, things like that. There's plenty of anime music videos too like Teddyloid's ME!ME!ME! (ft. Daoko) (note that the mv is 18+ annnnd it kind of reminds me of those anime mvs by Daft Punk or Dye Fantasy's mv LOL not sure if they counts as jmusic tho...)

I'm also thinking Egoist, 'cuz they did opening and ending songs for Psycho-Pass and Tokyo Ghoul...
Sakanaction have a pretty indie vibe, so does Kavka Shishido (actually I might be wrong on that, she's a hot topic), Wagakki Band does pretty sick covers of vocaloid songs (unless I'm mistaken again...)

Please excuse my excitement duuur, uhhh what sort of Japanese music do you enjoy ?

Wow that was overwhelming lol. I am currently starting to listen to Supercelll and Jun Maeda. Are they called Dojin groups? Does that give you a better idea?

Sorry!
Wait, Supercell? Jun Maeda!?? I've listened to them both before holy moly what songs have you liked so far??

I'm still not sure what Dojin groups are, but have you heard of utaites?

I like Hero, Today is a Beautiful Day, Flaming June songs and Ryo. Have not heard utaites.

Player

Sieghart Frost Prince
haine22
Lol that's a very vague request, like there's different genres: jpop, jrock, visual kei, j-indie, vocaloid, etc
Juuust letting you know I'm not an expert in any way, buuut uhhh im curious if are you looking for kawaii-ness like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (I'm sure you've heard Pon Pon Pon) ? (In which case I'd suggest Sayumi's Shaba Daba Do) or are you into girl groups like AKB48 (they sung Disney's Wreck-it-Ralph's "Sugar Rush" wink ?

uuhhh a good place to start is searching up the singer/songwriter of your favourite anime theme songs (like say, Noragami's opening was sung by Hello Sleepwalkers) and then searching up related bands/artists, record label, things like that. There's plenty of anime music videos too like Teddyloid's ME!ME!ME! (ft. Daoko) (note that the mv is 18+ annnnd it kind of reminds me of those anime mvs by Daft Punk or Dye Fantasy's mv LOL not sure if they counts as jmusic tho...)

I'm also thinking Egoist, 'cuz they did opening and ending songs for Psycho-Pass and Tokyo Ghoul...
Sakanaction have a pretty indie vibe, so does Kavka Shishido (actually I might be wrong on that, she's a hot topic), Wagakki Band does pretty sick covers of vocaloid songs (unless I'm mistaken again...)

Please excuse my excitement duuur, uhhh what sort of Japanese music do you enjoy ?

Wow that was overwhelming lol. I am currently starting to listen to Supercelll and Jun Maeda. Are they called Dojin groups? Does that give you a better idea?

Sorry!
Wait, Supercell? Jun Maeda!?? I've listened to them both before holy moly what songs have you liked so far??

I'm still not sure what Dojin groups are, but have you heard of utaites?

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
A lot of anime fans listen to Maximum the Hormone. They are a really awesome band!!

Clean Autobiographer

3,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
haine22

Player

Clean Autobiographer

3,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
MAUTHAUSEN BY PROXY

Probably not lol

Clean Autobiographer

3,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I think I will start get into Japanese music. I am completely new to this industry. I think Japanese music is catchy. What Japanese music groups do anime fans usually listen to? Are they called dojin music groups? Or what Jpop bands do anime fans listen to? Need suggestions and recommendations. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff