Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Tycoon

I suffer from PTSD due to being physically beaten and severely emotionally abused as a child.
My mother became a mom at a young age and clearly wasn't mature enough to take care of two small children.

I was often the family scapegoat and my brother who was also abused often took his frustrations out on me. Between him and my mother, I received many injuries.

I'm 27 now and I escaped my mother's prison in my early twenties. Its been a long, rough journey.

Today, I'm having a particularly bad day controlling my symptoms. I still suffer from PTSD induced nightmares that violently wake me from sleep. My husband often has to hold me and try to sooth me while I hysterically sob in his arms. Its hard to have a good day after waking up from having one of those.

They aren't normal nightmares. Mine make me question my sanity and reality as a whole.

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
Canterellare
ST4CY
Canterellare
Hello.

Some of you probably do not remember me but I have been here before.

Anyways, I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2012. I was force to see a therapist after attempting to take my own life. I suffer from a disability that leaves me to be in chronic pain. I dealt with an abuse from my father throughout my childhood and was sexual assaulted by one of my closest friends.

Right now, I'm doing pretty poorly in my life. I do not know well with changes and a big change that has happened is me moving on my own since my relationship with my ex has ended. People tell me to open up with others and become more friendly but I always have this thought in the back of my head that they will hurt me or worse, as what happened with my close friend.

So yeah.. It has been a struggle.

Hey. I'm currently reading a book, "the sexual healing journey" and it seems helpful. You may want to invest in some self help books. I'm sure a therapist could also help a lot with them. I also struggle with changes.

I'll check that book out.

I have two self-help books over PTSD. One is Healing Together and the other was PTSD workbook with different types of coping skills to use. However, I lost the last one after I moved.

What do you do to handle changes?

Oh god I dont even know.
I dont sleep, I have seizures, change really messes me up. Wish I had some helpful advice for that. I guess I try to keep things as much the same way as I can. Try to control aspects of my life. Reading can be a helpful escape. Writing is great therapy too. I guess anything relaxing that helps anxiety.

Adorable Fisher

I would like to report that I had a pretty scary PTSD attack today and my girlfriend handled it epically. Basically, whenever I hear a huge noise outside of my apartment door i think its going to be my brother barging in to beat or rape me. My mind goes back into the situation I used to be in, unsure what reality is really because I am really convinced its going to be him. Its hard to explain. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I just know i go back into instinctual flight/hide mode when it happens like the scared child I used to be.

Today there were loud men out there making huge noises for about an hour and a half. I was scared out of my mind, hiding under my bed covers and having a new thought about the situation that was scaring myself but I'm not going to say what that is because it might be cause for alarm for some people. So I texted my girlfriend and told her about it and she reacted very concerned, protective, and wanting to make sure I was going to be okay for about thirty minutes until the scary men left and I was sure they were definitely gone.

Nobody's ever done that for me before. She made me feel safe during what was happening. Its pretty amazing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff