Welcome to Gaia! ::

No time for exercise? Try these sneaky tricks to work out with almost no effort at all...

1) Wash the car
Go on, it needs a good clean, anyway. If you’ve got a van, then you’ll really work up a sweat. Make sure to switch hands when you’re scrubbing to get a good, even workout.

2) Get off your trolley

No, not like that! Opt for a shopping basket rather than a trolley if you’re not planning a huge shop, and really work your upper body. If you really must use a trolley, once you’ve bagged everything up, carry it back to the car by hand.

3) Spring clean in summer

Yep, that’s right. But we’re not talking a regular dust ’n’ wipe here; we’re talking moving the furniture, scrubbing the walls and all that jazz. It’ll get your heart going, and you’ll be rewarded with a sparkling house!

4) See the sights

How well do you know your local area? Set aside a day with friends to walk around the local sights, as if you were tourists. You may be surprised how many calories you burn in a day spent scurrying around on your feet.

5) Stairway to fitness

An oldie but a goldie: don’t even think about calling for that lift! Dragging yourself up the stairs might seem tough at first, but your fitness will step up in no time.

6) Have a break
Get into the habit of exercising whenever the TV show you’re watching hits an advert break. You can do crunches, run on the spot or even drop down into the plank position. Try to wait until your dinner goes down first, though.

7) Trim at your chair
If you work in an office, the chances are your posture will suffer as a result of hours sitting at a desk. Use your upper back, shoulders and abdominal muscles to maintain a good posture and try squeezing an air-disc between your thighs to work your adductors. Better still, sit on a Swiss ball.

cool Get in a fix
Burn those calories by getting stuck into some DIY around the house. Sanding walls, tiling floors and building cabinets all require serious strength, ladies.

9) Squeeze!
Stuck in traffic yet again? Don’t sit and stress: work your pelvic floor. You can even do it on the bus, but try not to scare the people around you!

10) Be a green goddess
Do you always duck out of cutting the lawn? Heaving a mower around is a great workout for your core, legs and arms – and is a major calorie burner.

Source

1,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Washing the car, something I haven't done in a while. <3
Thank you for this post. I really like it.
I thought it was just going to be a laundry list of yoga techniques or whatever, but no. It's productive things we do anyway in life which makes it more the better.

Beloved Sex Symbol

nice ideas, thank you 3nodding
These are great tips!

Enduring Sex Symbol

Walk, walk, walk.

Walk to school. Walk to work. Walk to the store. Walk to the friend's place. Walk to the bar/pub.

Best yet? Take long, barefoot nature hikes regularly. 3nodding

Oh, and standing desks for everyone! emotion_dealwithit
Thissss heart heart

Let's get skinny ! Hahaha rofl

Lupine Wolf

6,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
If you can't afford to take pilates classes or a gym membership or whatnot to workout you can also resort to youtube workouts.

I use this youtube channel's workouts when I'm in a time crunch or really just want to workout. Her workouts are usually from 5 mins- 15 mins and easy to do so it's really good o u o

https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates/videos

Blogilates is a youtube channel thats offers pilate classes with an actual pilate instructor Casey Ho and she kind of talks you through it. You don't need much for it just your workout clothes (a yoga mat would make it more comfortable for some of the exercises) and nothing special really. Trust me once you do the exercises you really will feel the burn. Plus it's really fun and if you enjoy exercising and just pilates in general you should really enjoy her videos. She also posts a lot of other kinds of video and she's really sweet and nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff