Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Thank you for taking the time to explain things out. It will make me much more comfortable with using it, and making the backwings at that (still hope they come in more then one color or set of colors. o_o). So now that seeing it is a slow release for sure I will wait until more things have come out and gotten settled, along with the ingredients for nomy to start dropping in order to get started.
Edit: I think I'll take back everything I just said here. I was being opptimistic here and just read some more things, specifically carbonphyber's journal and some more of the posts in here. I usually have a lot of patience for things but now its starting to piss me off. stare I guess if I want to do this alchemy thing, I'll stick to my alternitives that are a bit more fair in regards to how they work.

Hoarding Hoarder

Narumi Misuhara
E Paperclip
Narumi Misuhara
Jayce Reinhardt

Silence is not always golden.

Amen

...Sadly, since I played no part in alchemy, not sure how much help I can be, but I'll stick around a bit, answer anything I can and pass along anything I can for Monday.
☆═━┈┈━═☆

Not to sound rude in any way, and I doubt you could answer or want to namedrop anyone, but is anyone who actually took part in making the feature going to come and talk to us?
I appreciate you and the other Devs creating this thread and taking time to answer questions, but for the most part, the response we get are "We didn't take part in this, so we don't know for sure."
Who did take part in this? The only close answer I saw was in Carbon's journal that said that the artists did. Which ones?
Not that we don't trust your word, it's just more comforting to hear it from the people who worked on it first-hand.
User Image

Bee Suits: 5,307/Ą̴̺͈͎̯̈́̀̓̍̀l̸̸̳̤͍͈̜͓̮͙̗ͧ̾ͫ́͒̌̈l̸̢̼͔͇̟̤ͦ̇̆ͅ ̣͓ͣͣ̑͑ͬ̃ͬ͊̐͜͢͟o̼̊͟f̛͎̹̿̉ͪ̓̐͘ ̡͕̰̟͎̓ͦ́t͚̯͙̭̝̝̯̳͓̉ͥ̀ͣ́̋h̼̤̖̯͉̮̒̍͂̃̚̕͠ͅẽ̥̳̼̠͉̥̆ͩ̊̏̐ͣ͌͢͠ͅm͚̤̤̲͔͖̗̃͑̚

I understand but it is not my place to reveal that information or fair to those who worked on it without their permission. For now the best I personally can offer is to pass on information.
☆═━┈┈━═☆

I understand, and thank you.
(Btw, great work on Pie Hard)
User Image

Bee Suits: 5,307/Ą̴̺͈͎̯̈́̀̓̍̀l̸̸̳̤͍͈̜͓̮͙̗ͧ̾ͫ́͒̌̈l̸̢̼͔͇̟̤ͦ̇̆ͅ ̣͓ͣͣ̑͑ͬ̃ͬ͊̐͜͢͟o̼̊͟f̛͎̹̿̉ͪ̓̐͘ ̡͕̰̟͎̓ͦ́t͚̯͙̭̝̝̯̳͓̉ͥ̀ͣ́̋h̼̤̖̯͉̮̒̍͂̃̚̕͠ͅẽ̥̳̼̠͉̥̆ͩ̊̏̐ͣ͌͢͠ͅm͚̤̤̲͔͖̗̃͑̚

Confident Genius

Narumi Misuhara
E Paperclip
Narumi Misuhara
Jayce Reinhardt

Silence is not always golden.

Amen

...Sadly, since I played no part in alchemy, not sure how much help I can be, but I'll stick around a bit, answer anything I can and pass along anything I can for Monday.
☆═━┈┈━═☆

Not to sound rude in any way, and I doubt you could answer or want to namedrop anyone, but is anyone who actually took part in making the feature going to come and talk to us?
I appreciate you and the other Devs creating this thread and taking time to answer questions, but for the most part, the response we get are "We didn't take part in this, so we don't know for sure."
Who did take part in this? The only close answer I saw was in Carbon's journal that said that the artists did. Which ones?
Not that we don't trust your word, it's just more comforting to hear it from the people who worked on it first-hand.
User Image

I understand but it is not my place to reveal that information or fair to those who worked on it without their permission. For now the best I personally can offer is to pass on information.
There's only one thing I want to know if you could ask them.

Are they willing to change the set-up of Alchemy based on this feedback? All I want to know is if these decisions are set in stone or if they would be willing to consider some of the suggested alternate methods and maybe even debate with us about their choices to see if we can come to an understanding?

And if you could tell them please that none of us mean to offend them or say this was a bad idea all around or that they're bad people for doing it. We just very very much want to help remove the few roadblocks that keep us from adoring this feature for the rest of the many years we stay on Gaia to enjoy it and making it the shining star of the site.

Romantic Girl

Yay I was tipped for my question!!

Brillie_0
Very nice guide. I understood Alchemy in the beginning, grabbed my stuff, and when I went to make my 1st level item - it said I only had 1 ocean blue summer top when my inventory had 55. So, I bought other stuff (to dump the cache), went completely out and back in, closed my browser which is not Mozilla, did a soft restart and even waited hours and it still didn't recognize my inventory. I sold my starter kit and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to begin without it now.

Plus, it does take a lot of gold and items (gold for the expensive items - not the alchemy on 1st level anyway) so I just gave up.

On a positive note, I loved the idea from the beginning - and I wish everyone luck with it. Maybe one day, after some of the questions are answered like mine below, I might get to try Alchemy again.

I'm still loving the new Outfits Market like a normal lady. redface

question What happens if you sold your starter kit? How do you make a clean start all over again?

Reported Inventory Bug in The Other Sticky and bought another Starter Kit in the MP.

Perfectionist

Hello!

There is a lot of confusion going around, and I wanted to check up on what is still confusing everyone. I'll try to answer some questions the best I can

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

I'd like to reiterate... the Live Free or Pie Hard formula for this event is a really awesome example of what alchemy should be like across all levels. The components are not equippables, so we aren't losing anything we could use on our avatars when we create the item. The amount of gold required to complete the formula is more than reasonable. The items are circulating well right now, but will become rare as we leave the event in the past (especially since each account can only get one of each grant), and they are available to all of us for free if we sit and wait during the event, or we can buy them on the market for a faster finish. Right now, I'm collecting components on two mules and I'll send them over to this account to craft more items and get more XP. Kind of a hassle but it's a free way to get more of the item through patience and site-surfing rather than dropping a bunch of gold and rares.

Of course, on higher level formulas (I should mention that I think all event-related formulas should be as easy to complete as this one), the components could be more difficult to find, and hidden in different areas of the site, etc. There are ways to increase the difficulty for the higher levels. But the principle of this one is spot-on.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
pepper-tea
Hello!

There is a lot of confusion going around, and I wanted to check up on what is still confusing everyone. I'll try to answer some questions the best I can

That's fantastic news!

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
pepper-tea
Hello!

Hi Pepper! I have one, maybe you know a little bit about it? As is, a lot of alchemy components (especially the sort unique to alchemy) seem to come from the Daily Chance and Giftboxes. Do you know if there are plans to tie those items to the rest of Gaia, like zOMG or towns or word bump? Or are those often essential items going to be tied to luck forever. D: I am a very unlucky person.

Confident Genius

pepper-tea
Hello!

One thing I'd like to ask is the fate of finite items, like RIG items such as the Kitten Stars.

Will the only way to resupply those items be through cash based means like needing to obtain them from more RIGs?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Sinivar
There's only one thing I want to know if you could ask them.

Are they willing to change the set-up of Alchemy based on this feedback? All I want to know is if these decisions are set in stone or if they would be willing to consider some of the suggested alternate methods and maybe even debate with us about their choices to see if we can come to an understanding?

And if you could tell them please that none of us mean to offend them or say this was a bad idea all around or that they're bad people for doing it. We just very very much want to help remove the few roadblocks that keep us from adoring this feature for the rest of the many years we stay on Gaia to enjoy it and making it the shining star of the site.

*Nods* Yes, I will ask.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sinivar
pepper-tea
Hello!

One thing I'd like to ask is the fate of finite items, like RIG items such as the Kitten Stars.

Will the only way to resupply those items be through cash based means like needing to obtain them from more RIGs?

User Image

And since we've seen that there are recipes for Kitten Stars being released... will there be a "tree" of formulas that work their way down to freely obtainable non-CS items? Sort of like with the fish exchange - where we can buy the higher-tier prizes with a few high-level fish, or we can catch guppies until our eyes cross and work our way up that way if we're not as good at catching big fish?

Perfectionist

Sinivar

]There's only one thing I want to know if you could ask them.

We can't change the existing formulas due to many users already working on them, but we are already working on an update to add some lower level formulas that can be created using some specific common inventory clogs XD

I am really glad that you seem to enjoy the idea of the feature. We are definitely going to work on making the entry a bit more accessible, while keeping the balance of making the effort that you put into crafting worth it.

Supportive Sage

14,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
pepper-tea
Hello!

Yay! Thank you Pepper.

I think one of the main concerns is about limited availability items like the Double Complete Rainbow and whether they will be re-granted so we can use them or will they simply go extinct, leaving formulas entirely useless?

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
why do the items need SO many common RIG items? and why are the items not viewable in the MC yet? if there are formulas for them we sould be able to try them on in the MP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff