Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

User Image

I. Introduction

Welcome Welcome Welcome.

In this guide you'll learn on how to add Gaia Aquariums to classic profiles.
They're are two different ways on doing it which I'll talk about.
This guide came about after a friend showed me a thread that was in Q&A and it took me awhile at picking my head to get the right url just like she had to do to be of help.
If it wasn't for her I may not have created this guide.

Now lets begin shall we?

User Image

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
II. Adding Your Aquarium to Your Profile

First you need to view your Aquarium, after that right click the mouse then click "View Page Source". It may take time for it to load or may act slow when trying to find the code you'll need.
Next while viewing the source click edit, then click find or you can just Ctrl+F which also enables the "find" option.
(The find option will appear on the bottom part of your web browser.)

Now click the white box and type 'base' which will take you right to it, now look at the url, you'll need that, now what you won't see is a part that is important which is ProfileView.swf?
Simply fix it by adding it to the url.

http://s2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/ProfileView.swf?gsiUrl=www&userEnvironmentId=?????&version=084&quality=low&location=profile

What's with the question marks? Well now while viewing the page source just copy the EnvironmentID and version which will still be in the same url, if you can't find it, just remove 'base' in the find and then find 'src'. Just copy the numbers and place them where the question marks are and it's done.
After that just add it to your profile and it should work.
If you cannot find the media url here it is http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/multimedia

If you find this post to be somewhat confusing just look at the next post which will have another way to get the url, the way I used.

User Image

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

III. Adding Your Aquarium to Your Profile (Another Way)

Did you find the first way of doing this to be confusing? Well I know another way.
If your profile is set to "classic" you'll need to change it to "current".
Now hover your mouse over "My Gaia" wait for the drop down menu to come down, then click "profile"
Now your viewing your profile, what you'll need to do is look for "Edit My Profile Layout", it will always be on the upper right hand side. Once found click it.
User Image
(Screenshot Reference)

Allow the options to load, once they've loaded you'll want to click "Content" more options will show up. You'll wanna click Aquarium.
User Image
(Screenshot Reference)

After you've clicked to add the Aquarium simply click save, after it saves click "View"
Now with your profile loaded and the Aquarium loaded you'll want to right click> View Page Source"
Next step will be to go to edit>find or "CTRL+F" and look for "id_aquarium".
(The find option will appear on the bottom part of your web browser.)
Now well looking at the code look for "<param name="movie" you'll see the url you'll need.

http://s2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/ProfileView.swf?gsiUrl=www&userEnvironmentId=?????&version=???&quality=low&location=profile

The URL in the code box is it, just without the question marks.

Alright we got the url, now go back to Preferences and switch your profile back to "Classic" settings.
Now add it into your "Media", click save and view your profile and it should be working.

User Image

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

IV. Adding Your Aquarium to Your Profile (Yet another way!)

Did you find the first two ways to be kinda hard?
Well, here is another way to do it, more like a copy paste way.
Now lets begin class.

First off, the way this was done will require you to have your aquarium enabled in your sig.
If you don't know how here is a quick mini guide to be of help.

1. View your Aquarium.
2. Now you should be viewing your Aquarium with that lovely music you've picked, now look for a gear. Here is a screenshot to be of more help.
User Image
Now see the gear that I've highlighted in blue? That's what you want to click.
3. Click "Show aquarium in my signature" then click save.

Now here is the copy and paste part.
http://s2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/ProfileView.swf?gsiUrl=www&userEnvironmentId=?????&version=084&quality=low&location=profile

Now that we've covered that part we can move onto the next set of steps.
First view one of your last post so you can view your sig, now what you want to do is click "Visit My Aquarium"

Now you'll see your aquarium that has loaded via a pop-up.
Next enlarge the aquarium to make finding the numbers you'll need, now look for
"EnvironmentId=" in the url, next to it you'll see numbers that's the numbers you want.

Now since we already have the url you'll need posted in the code box just add the numbers to that url and add to the whole thing to your media.
Simple isn't it? ^-^

I hope you found my guide to be of some form of help.

User Image

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

Guide Banner(s)

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/adding-aquarium-to-classic-profile/t.46748825_1/#1][IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s296/Angle-san/Gaia Aquarium/AddingAquarium2.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

Affiliates

User Image
Fish Lab - a fish happiness guide

User Image

LINKS TO ALL AQUARIUM GUIDES (& rants)

User Image
♥ANGEL§SEVI→ANGELIC QUEST♥ бαмзς+дяζ.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gaia Cards - Over 5,520 created!

User Image

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

Guide is Officially Open. ^_^

April 14, 2009: Adding Aquariums to Classic Profiles was spotlighted.
I made a guide on this back in October.

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

Doesn't hurt to have more than one. ^-^
All be it old and not updated (because very little people cared about putting tanks in their Classic Profiles), the information used for the second way you describe is from my guide.

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150

I was unaware of another guide when I couldn't find a guide using the gaia search function, I simply created one.
Now I play the wait game on a PM.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
I gave him the idea and I was unaware of another guide as well. 3nodding

Nice guide! I love your banner! Too bad nothing can fit in my sig (text limit). wtfgaia

Smitten Risk-Taker

~graces this guide with my presence~

This guide is hereby approved by moi.

now I know where to look should I ever choose to go back to the classic profile...

Smitten Risk-Taker

Matsuri Riiko
All be it old and not updated (because very little people cared about putting tanks in their Classic Profiles), the information used for the second way you describe is from my guide.

Excuse me, but are you openly accusing him of stealing info from a guide you made? Cause I really have to say that it is so very wrong of you to do so. If you think you deserve credit for information posted on this guide and you have the proof, then you need to take it to PMs or contact a moderator. Although I doubt that he would have stolen anything from your guide, specially since he was unaware of your guide...

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
vegasshopgirl
~graces this guide with my presence~

This guide is hereby approved by moi.

now I know where to look should I ever choose to go back to the classic profile...

I'm glad you found this to be of some help Vegas. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces