Welcome to Gaia! ::

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Well,today was a sad day for the zF.

One of our developers held a meet ("meat" as people call it) and said zOMG would be halting in production for the forseeable future, because the last dev, JK, was being pulled to another game.
A game that will be on Gaia, and has the same mechanics as zOMG.
That is the part that troubles me.

In the zOMG forum, once we first caught wind of zOMG being in danger, atleast a year ago, we started rallying, buying powerups with GC, buying blood stone amulet to get into the new area (DMS,dead man's shadow) for 399gc sale price, and ended up being sold out before the sale even ended.
We had proven we could make zOMG financially stable and could bring in the amounts HQ wanted us too, and still we lost dev after dev, and now, the game is halting production.

gaia_spoons
Will this new game be scrapped as well?
What do you think of zOMG being halted in production?
What do you think of HQ's constant "NEW NEW NEW" games rather than just fixing older ones?

Elder

I feel cheated, how much longer do people like me who adamantly hate facebook have before we have to start making dummy accounts just to use Gaiaonline itself?

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Kosai Avonej
I feel cheated, how much longer do people like me who adamantly hate facebook have before we have to start making dummy accounts just to use Gaiaonline itself?

Yeah,it just breaks my heart, in the forum for zOMG, people are still suggesting rings and whatnot, now people are having to say "This will never happen, zOMG has been scrapped,sorry."

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Kosai Avonej

Agreed. I registered for Gaiaonline, not Facebook. (I abandoned my fb account mostly for Gaia)
There were always user proposals and ideas of porting zOMG to facebook to draw a bigger crowd, but hearing now that it is being shelved for a new game using the same mechanics on facebook. It just doesn't sit right. Seems like a big middle finger to some of the loyal userbase.

Hesitant Mystic

That's sad. I found Zomg pretty entertaining, and was hoping they'd expand on it.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I don't get to play as often as I'd like but that REALLY bothers me. Gaia needs to commit to things, instead of just pushing them under the rug when they become old. We like zOMG! what's the problem, why not give it attention?User Image

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
xcrimsonlegendx
I don't get to play as often as I'd like but that REALLY bothers me. Gaia needs to commit to things, instead of just pushing them under the rug when they become old. We like zOMG! what's the problem, why not give it attention?User Image

That and there's still /so/ many countless glitches to fix, some even dating back years. sweatdrop
If Gaia cared, they could've been fixed by now. But, they aren't.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Environmental Unity
That and there's still /so/ many countless glitches to fix, some even dating back years. sweatdrop
I feel bad for JK, it's so lame that they're basically signing zOMG's death warrant now. You might as well put a toe tag on it and stuff it in the freezer.User Image

Healer

teaparty in space
That's sad. I found Zomg pretty entertaining, and was hoping they'd expand on it.

It is, I'm surprised. I wonder how long ago this had been decided on. And by halting production do they mean definitely or indefinitely until the game JK is going to work on is done?

I was looking forward to new rings. Especially those previews of ring effects I saw on youtube a long time ago. They looked neat but knowing they won't ever come to fruition is sad.

Elder

Berryfarmer
Kosai Avonej

Agreed. I registered for Gaiaonline, not Facebook. (I abandoned my fb account mostly for Gaia)
There were always user proposals and ideas of porting zOMG to facebook to draw a bigger crowd, but hearing now that it is being shelved for a new game using the same mechanics on facebook. It just doesn't sit right. Seems like a big middle finger to some of the loyal userbase.
Seems is an understatement, it is outright two middle fingers. This site did not grow due to the efforts of Lanzer or anyone else, it grew from the contributions of a community that Gaia seems to forget it cannot due without. They can make all the games they want for facebook because it's an audience of fickle gamers who will play anything once, it's us who still frequent Gaia that once and often still do fuel Gaia to carry onwards. But even so - My senses are saying heads up for an even harder slap to the face.

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
xcrimsonlegendx
Environmental Unity
I feel bad for JK, it's so lame that they're basically signing zOMG's death warrant now. You might as well put a toe tag on it and stuff it in the freezer.User Image

JK was learning coding to help zOMG. He had so many ideas to help zOMG. New areas, such as the durem mines, and the otami underworld.
This was just a complete shock.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Environmental Unity
JK was learning coding to help zOMG. He had so many ideas to help zOMG. New areas, such as the durem mines, and the otami underworld.
Oh, I know. JK has been kicking butt on zOMG's behalf, though with the way the butchered the rest of the team, it was only a matter of time before they pulled the last set of dedicated fingers away to work on other, more profitable projects.

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
xcrimsonlegendx
Environmental Unity
Oh, I know. JK has been kicking butt on zOMG's behalf, though with the way the butchered the rest of the team, it was only a matter of time before they pulled the last set of dedicated fingers away to work on other, more profitable projects.

Sorry,been quoting you alot.
Just after the sucess of DMS...At 399 GC, those 5k bloodstone amulets sold like hot cakes.That's nearly $20k for Gaia right there, nonetheless all the people who went online, came back to Gaia, came back to zOMG, and all the people who are going to zOMG for the first time for DMS.
It's just so sad.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Environmental Unity
xcrimsonlegendx
Environmental Unity

Sorry,been quoting you alot.
Just after the sucess of DMS...At 399 GC, those 5k bloodstone amulets sold like hot cakes.That's nearly $20k for Gaia right there, nonetheless all the people who went online, came back to Gaia, came back to zOMG, and all the people who are going to zOMG for the first time for DMS.
It's just so sad.
My internet connection won't let me play zOMG and even I bought a Bloodstone amulet just to support the team... It's terribly sad, I hope once he's done with whatever Facebook game they've assigned him to, that they allow him to return to zOMG and keep making the effort that nobody else will.

Romantic Dabbler

11,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
That is just ridiculous. Why keep pushing out those GC items for us to buy, if you're still not going to be happy and stop our Zomg?

I expected more to come. Unending ZOMG developments (no matter how long it'd take) - so that I could reach CL 20 and above. Deadman's Pass isn't enough - I wanted a whole world to explore, like we had to go through to reach CL 10. New monsters, new drops, new recipes, new lands, new NPCs. ZOMG was advertised as a MMO to look out for - leave it to Gaia to abandon it.

ZOMG was once such a big deal. I loved it to death and played it like crazy back when it came out. It really doesn't deserve to be treated like this, and neither do we.

Gaia, you might be a big forum site but you really could be so much more if you also had a well-developed, big MMO game to play. You really could.

So is this why Nicolae got drafted into Alchemy? So that if ZOMG is to end one day, he won't become an obsolete NPC of completely no prupose? (And Blaze has just been forgotten all together).

Looks like they were planning this all along.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff