Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you feel the most towards this situation?

******** disappointed. This event was a slap in the face. The increased prices are ridiculous. 0.47655068078669 47.7% [ 315 ]
Disappointed. This event was a sneaky way to increase H&R store prices! 0.267776096823 26.8% [ 177 ]
Fine. It's not that bad, guys. Most important, gold needs to be sunk. 0.15582450832073 15.6% [ 103 ]
Doesn't matter. It doesn't affect me. 0.063540090771558 6.4% [ 42 ]
*RAGEQUIT* 0.036308623298033 3.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 661 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 40 41 > >>

Lover

9/30 Update:

Previous Poll:

X

It's reopened again! And prices have been increased (although I have to check on a few, because a small handful of them may not have been changed). New shop items have been added.

Announcement Regarding H&R Update

Here's what the announcement said about the price hike:

[NPC] Louie
    Oh, you may have noticed that the prices of the items in H&R Wesley have increased! Alas, I'm still paying off some of the interest on the taxes the shop owed, and had to adjust prices accordingly. Believe me, my inventory is still plenty affordable! Anyway, I have to go tend the register, but allow me to say this: I've seen many things in my day, but your outpouring of generosity and support is something I'll never forget. Thank you so much again, everyone!

The only Staff comment in the thread:

bluealaris
    `Hydro
    If we don't get the update today does it count as the October Gold Shop update?

I hope HWR will be producing not just the nice fall clothing we've gotten preview to, but perhaps a few Halloween-friendly items then~

Halloween updates are coming in October!

9/25 Update: I've confirmed that H.R. Wesley store prices are continuing to increase on items that were unchanged. Unless they are just testing a price-change feature, prices will be up 50 times their original price when H.R. Wesley reopens. Pay to save the shop and return to jacked up prices? Even though we paid off Edmund's debts, I guess Louie needs to stay in business somehow, right?

The Save Our Louis "goldsink" event revolves around this:

[NPC] Louis
    I desperately need your help, Gaians! It seems Edmund owed some back taxes on H & R Wesley that I wasn't aware of, and Ivan has come to collect. Help me pay them off and I promise you some amazing rewards!

Announcement One (Sept 23)
    Announcement Two (Sept 24)

While users have well exceeded the 60b donated gold required to reopen H.R. Wesley, it will most likely reopen (on Sept 29th) with increased store prices. At first, only a few of the store prices were increased while others were not. As of 9/25, all H.R. Wesley store prices have been increased (see examples below).

This leads me, as well many other users, to believe that one of the main purposes behind this goldsink event was to increase the H.R. Wesley store prices while it is closed and unavailable to enter.

I reiterate, we are discussing the STORE PRICES, not inflated MP LISTINGS.

Please share your opinions! These are general questions you don't need to answer, but are food for thought. What are you feelings towards this situation? What method of price-adjusting common store items would you prefer? Or do you want their prices to remain the same? Is 50 times its original price too much of an increase? Too low? Do you believe the same will happen to our other Gold Shops? Will you purchase up common store items in case their prices will increase in the future?

Please stay on topic and keep all comments/replies civil. <3

Examples of Store Price Adjustments:

Fancy Pink Ribbon - 50k was 1k
    Fancy Virgin Dress - 25k was 500g
    Fancy Gloves - 27.5k was 550g
    Fancy Slippers - 32.5k was 650g
    Blue High School Uniform Top - 50k was 1k
    Blue High School Skirt - 50k was 1k
    Black High School Long Coat - 50k was 1k
    Black High School Wide Bottom Pants - 50k was 1k

More examples with links:

Ignore the MP price/listings and look at the store price. Some have been adjusted to the increased store prices, while others are still at their original prices. TekTek List of HR Wesley Items (thank you, Lucidly!)

Soft Bra & Underwear Sets. All are now 28k & 35k, instead of 560g & 700g.

User Image User Image

Audrey's Little Dresses. All are now 198k, instead of 3.9k.

User Image

Audrey's Long Black Dress. Now 216k, instead of 4.3k.

User Image

Audrey's Long Gloves. All are now 66k, instead of 1.3k.

User Image

Audrey's Strap Heels. All are now 99k, instead of 1.9k.

User Image

Audrey's Black Ankle Strap Heels. Now 114k, instead of 2.2k.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
    Louie's Wine/Emerald/Plum/Golden Vest Was 15,660g now 783,000g

Louie's White/Ivory/Light Blue/Ebony Blouse Was 8,100g now 405,000g

Louie's Rose/Cobalt/Teal/Coal Jacket Was 58,800g now 2,940,000g

User Image User Image User Image
    All GBI Agent uniform items have been increased.

Various User Feedback:

Quote:
    I guess hr wesley was originally a high end store so if they are increasing store prices thats where they would start. If they are increasing prices the other items probably just havent been adjusted yet.

Honestly im okay with it but Id prefer they work on loyals or brenivvins shops thatnhave astronomical prices.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I posted that this would happen the other day, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

Neither am I. I'm sure they had this planned even before the Kickstart.

The minute I read that there would be *insert # of items here* for each level completed I knew they would do that. Closing each shop one by one, promising new items, it's the perfect chance to adjust to the economy, which won't do too much. Everyone is catching on and will probably buy out what they want from each store. I hardly ever use the gold shops and have owned the majority of the items I have wanted for awhile now.

Makes me wonder though, what if you buy a bunch of the items cheap before a store closes, and then sell them back at the new "sell back value"...seems like a good way to make a small little chunk of change, another flaw in their system...just saying.

Quote:
    What if Gaia is doing this so that you WILL go and buy all the items you want now just to get you to spend your money.....hmmmmm....sneaky ninja

Quote:
    Welp. Now I have some incentive to buy out the gold shops. It's about time I put my gold to use anyway, I can't afford the good stuff on the MP.

On a more serious note: Increasing the prices on older gold shop items is such a ... despicable thing to do. We didn't ask for all this inflation and craziness, so don't punish us for your mistakes!

Quote:
    Okay, I hate to be the ONLY one here who isn't on board the "Gaia is Freakin' Evil" train (and believe me, I have a Rail Pass for that particular route), but this is a good and reasonable thing.

Those prices were set at a time when the economy did not even resemble what it is now. It was never the intention that someone could easily buy out ALL of the gold shops on a whim. That's a result of the out-of-control inflation. By raising the prices, they are doing two things:

1. Bringing the prices more in line with the current economy
    2. Creating a constant and stable gold sink

Now... neither of those things will fix the economy. The ONLY way to fix the economy is to STOP RELEASING GOLD GENERATORS. But if we assume that the higher-ups have declared that option to be verboten--and they obviously have--then the rest of the staff will naturally explore options to at least slow down the damage the gold generators are causing... no matter how ineffectual these attempts are.

I'm also not too pleased at the timing--I just got back here recently, and have been slowly picking my way through the gold shops, trying to buy up everything that interests me--and these adjustments will make that more difficult. But I will deal. Because there's no reason they shouldn't do this.

In addition, this particular kind of "gold sink" will not have the negative effects of the official "Kickstarter Events," because no one will be tempted to purchase a sack full of gold generators to reach all the personal tiers, and get the included items and achievements. So in summary: Well done, Gaia. You've done something that wasn't wantonly destructive for once.

Quote:
    I'm on the fence about this...It's nice to have another goldsink, but not everybody buys cash so it's a bit unfair to impose that in gold shops, specialy for new users.

Quote:
    Quote:
    I'll still buy them. I still plan on raiding every gold shop until I have every item that I think I could use, regardless of the increased price. It's still a much bigger bang for your buck than going after premium items.

And yes, new items would be better... but that costs more resources. Artist have to make them... coders have to implement them into the website... that's manpower that has to be invested, which equates to real-world money--money they don't see an immediate return on. So while new items would be nice... of course they're going to take the easier solution, and just increase the prices on what we have. It's honestly a better solution, because there are so many "old" gold shop items in the system... if they started releasing new items at higher prices, it would be years before the higher priced items outnumbered the ridiculously cheap ones.

And of course they could fix things if they stopped now. Maybe it would take a while, and maybe things would never get back to normal... not completely. But things would get a damn sight better. They're just not gonna do that. neutral

Well, if you make a point to buy them after the prices are raised, that makes sense. I've been seeing people say they're going to buy them now in order to avoid the price hike, whether for potential use or to sell back to the shops.

I suppose I'm out of touch with how much money they're making, their artists, and things like that. While I'm sure if they directed their attention to gold shops, they'll have to neglect cash items for a bit. I don't understand how there is still such a strain of resources despite how much money they try to pull from us. But I do see your point. I think they should be invested in the long-haul, otherwise they're digging their grave.

And this bit is me just complaining. I understand the need for the staff and whoever to make money, it seems that like people feared in the past, when we were first getting Evolving Items and things, this would become Pay to Win. And it really essentially has. I've never been good at playing the Market, but I wasn't so dissatisfied with the impossibility of making gold through posting and playing games. Even if they raise the gold shop prices, they have the Daily Chance all skewed. zOMG is going to get an overhaul-- many people want the gold cap to go, others are saying that too could have cash-only sections. If they ever get around to Aquariums, it'll be the same there. It looks like this is never going to end. At least, as long as this site is around.

Quote:
    I came to Gaia from Tinier Me, because I had friends who said "Come to Gaia where it is totally community driven, fun & you can own tons of items for not much money!" So I came here...and it has been FUN, community driven & I have tons of items!

Tinier Me shut it's own site down, & the whole community lost everything they'd worked so hard for, because it started doing this same crap Gaia is now doing. rolleyes
    Seriously, there are many players who can't afford to spend a dime on this game, real or otherwise... MOST of us understand this & have & will continue to help those who can't get the things they want...

Some Gaians are blaming the noobs for complaining, or saying it's not fair... Seriously?
    It's not fair & it's not OUR fault as a community!
    I read someone's post from here (or elsewhere) which said,
    "Hate on the game - not on the players" I think he/she said it all right there. wink

Quote:
    Keeping the goldshops affordable was a good way for Gaia to retain users who aren't spending cash and for enticing new users. Through the Daily Chance's gold output being increased a new user could accumulate gold fairly quickly to be able to afford an array of items from the goldshop and I thought that was great.

If they do this to all the goldshops, I'll be disappointed. As it stands, the entire H.R. Wesley goldsink thing is a giant scam.

Quote:
    I'd rather they just make newer items at higher prices rather than increasing the prices of the older ones. Some of those items aren't that great anyway... I don't even desire half the stuff from Gold Shops anymore because the art quality isn't that great compared with other items on the site.

Quote:
    We are donating to a kickstarter, to raise the prices in gold shops? srsly? wow
    I figured kickstarter would be continuous, but rolleyes

Quote:
    Quote:

User Image

I mean, I guess if they keep at daily chance they can make some decent gold but other than that all of the games/booty grab are pretty useless for making money now. sad

Just saying, as a newbie in 2004, I would have been super excited to have something as easy as a Daily Chance and being able to buy one or two nice gold shops items in a single day...

It's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Of course I'd be happier if Gaia just stopped GGs instead of raising prices.

Quote:
    I like that a large number of gold gens are gone. I also think pumping out items in rapid fire is smart. The more items there are to buy in the MP, the more the gold needs to be spread out... and thus the lower item costs will become.

I think the goldsink kickstarts and increased gold shop item costs are a good think. They will bit by bit remove gold from thd open market by deleting it from the system.

Hopefully one day these changes will regulate the open market.

Quote:
    Quote:
    I appreciate you re-reading the OP! I understand the motive behind increasing the gold shop prices, but as many users agree, the first step to a successful removal of trillions of gold and actually sinking gold would be to STOP RELEASING GOLD GENERATORS! But Gaia refuses to take the first step, because I'm assuming it's a money maker. confused Wish users would stop buying that s**t.

3nodding Well said my friend! Enough with the gold generators already. rolleyes
    confused Truly Gaia has been given multiple ways to stop the madness (inflation) here, but they refuse to. My guess is like yours - the gold generators must be a money maker.
    When noobs see what items cost (billions +) they are more apt to buy the gold generators so they can get items easier, than saving & working the game to get the items they want.
    redface "Get rich quick" is easy, but not the best thing for the economy here... That's one reason I've been GIVING new Gaians items off their wishlists (I know I am one among many many Gaians doing this) & encouraging them NOT to buy generators. Best thing we can do is spread the word to the new Gaians that they can rely upon the kindness of strangers, & get help towards working for what they want. wink

My vote is for Gaia to quit putting out gold generators *raises paw*

Quote:
    Well isn't that nice.

90% of what I have in my inventory is from gold shops or then they are some cheap items from the MP. Anyway, all "special" items I have I've been lucky to get!

This situation is effed up and I've been selling my stuff for ridiculous prices just so I could quest for one item. I'd like to keep the gold shops accessible for even the beginners. And GC isn't the answer. When I joined as a kid it would have created a s***storm if I had asked for real money to put in pixels that are nothing more than decorations.

*grumble*

Quote:
    Quote:
    I'd be okay with them introducing the newer items at much higher prices, but jacking up the prices of previous items seems like an extremely shitty thing to do. I understand using this as an excuse to be a gold sink, but that's what D*C was supposed to be years ago. And that's what the Elegant set was supposed to be. If raising these prices hasn't made things better, then maybe this isn't the right way to go. Also, it'll make it impossible for new Gaians to get items, even simple gold items, without turning to Gaia cash, so they're just going to add even more inflation to the system.

This.
    They've made SOME changes to the payouts of some of the site's features, but let's be honest- it's not enough to get newbies on their feet, and even older members who can't afford to play the market anymore or can't part with any more of their old items. Because that really is one of the only ways to get ahead and get any kind of money these days. You either need to shell out actual money for GC items, or you need to sell your collectibles. Which I've run out of ones I'm willing to sell.

Quote:
    I'm somewhat on the fence about this.

I'm somewhat glad the prices are going up. I mean, DC gives out rewards of 30k gg now. The charms also sell for a pretty penny. It'll be like when I joined, when you had to quest to get those Tiger Stripe Pants.

On the other hand, why are they increasing so much? Over 500k for a vest? That's insane! I'm afraid to see what prices DCri is going to go up to, or hell, the original Fairy Wings!

HOWEVER
    I've noticed a couple items on the MP going down a lot, since they're being re-released a lot, so, say for instance, the Ghastly Professor (which is currently less than Louie's Vests) would be great for newbies since it's 'in their price range'.

Quote:
    I truly am thankful for this post.

I was wondering what was up with the price increase for the H&R Wesley products.... I at first thought that the prices shouldn't get affected, since from the looks of it the shop will re-open once again... but some of the theories mentioned on this thread does make sense.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Post #1. Only 2879 more posts to go before I earn enough to pay for one rivet heels (ignoring the decreasing value of multiple posts in a day). It's as if they're slowly trying harder and harder to encourage anyone signing up to the site to quit on their first day here.

4laugh It's alright. If you've enabled Daily Chance, it's shelling out 5k - 1m + charms + trash/common items, which is why I think they've decided to raise the prices.

But I totally understand the frustrating of the price increases, especially paired with being forced to pay to reopen the shop as a gold sink.
    confused
    To expand on my comment, Gaia is supposed to be a social site, and it used to reward users for socializing. However those rewards are becoming irrelevant, and the daily chance bonuses are something that you can do in less than a minute, after which you can close your Gaia tab until the next day.

You could argue there's an inherent value in the forums, but there really isn't anything particularly special about them that you can't find elsewhere short of its specific avatar system.

Quote:
    I think they're gonna announce it when the shop's reopened yum_puddi "Hi my shop reopened here are the items and I made some price mods to go with the changing times"

I'm guessing it's because it's supposed to be a swanky shop or smth

Quote:
    Honestly I don't get why Gaia is changing the prices of existing items. I mean aren't gold shops supposed to be accessible to everyone especially new Gaians? If Gaia wanted to price high with gold shop items, there is always Dernier Cri that could use some an update with more high priced items.

Quote:
    Oh... goddammit Gaia. What the everloving blueberry ******** are you thinking?

Probably something like:
    "PEOPLE WANT LESS GOLD IN THE SYSTEM WHAT DO"
    "idek maybe stop making gold gens"
    "NO WAIT, INCREASE GOLD SHOP PRICES!!!!"
    "why are you doing this jeff"

Quote:
    Changing the prices of old items is an incredibly low thing to do. I find it kind of frustrating because they can tell us this will be a good long term gold sink but we wouldn't have gotten into this situation to begin with if the upper management was not so damn unethical and corporate drones. That said I wouldn't mind a long gold sink because of the fact that Gaia got itself into this mess but adjusting old items and their prices is not the way to do it. Gaia simply should have done a massive gold shop update varying in price range.

Quote:
    I did notice a change. I mean I went to go and purchase some socks and then it just said disabled and the page looked like I logged out. I don't know why they think they can offer older things for so much. New things I can understand because well its new and as some have stated the shop was meant to be refined high end items so it makes sense. But why in the world make it totally unfair to the new crowd that cant even afford the high prices let alone those here who struggle to save any gold for anything decent? Im more upset with this constant begging for gold events. Yes might be necessary but I hate that even donating on the first tier just gets you an achievement. I don't care about that how about something more fair and decent when you donate? More or less the site I grew to love ten years ago when I joined is slowly crumbling and it might end up being a whole new roman empire just completely down fall.

Quote:
    i seriously hope this is just a test
    and it's not going to be a permanent change
    to the prices in this store (or others to come).

honestly, when will the madness end? hiking
    up prices in the gold shops it just going to
    piss off the large number of users who don't
    rely on GC to fund their inventories.

Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    This is really unfortunate for the non-Gaia Cash users.

The user driven MP prices have inflated due to our own actions as Gaia users, but it makes me really upset that the Admins of Gaia could now be increasing the prices of Gold Shop Items that have nothing to do with the MP and their prices are not set by users. Non-Cash users should have access to Gold Shop items with low/reasonable prices--especially if its getting increasingly hard to obtain non-gold shop items through the MP.

It is now more clear than ever that Gaia favors the Cash Users over Non-Cash Users. Its a little upsetting for me.

It the greed that runs the world. Also here in internet and Gaia. It's sad to see these kind of things happen where some of the joy is being sapped because all the fun and keeping up with item updates is all about money (GC) and that will only reduce people who a willing to keep playing.

I know money has to be made but c'mon.

Agreed.

I really think that its a missed opportunity for Gaia to help their non-cash users, who are new, to ease into the volatile economy. With low gold shop item prices, newer non-cash shop users would actually be able to create nice outfits with the smaller amount of gold they possess. Now, I'm not so sure. Its going to be very difficult for new users, unwilling to drop actually real money on a virtual site, to acclimate to Gaia's new environs. The population of new users who actually stay might be lower than previous years.

Or maybe not. Just speculating, here.

Original Thread Content:

As we know, H.R. Wesley has been disabled while it goes through a "gold sink" event, in which we've had to donate 60T to Gaia to reopen the shop (on the 29th). Because of this, I was checking the MP, expecting the normal inflation of H.R. Wesley items while the shop is closed and items are unavailable for purchase. Instead, I noticed something else. A few of the items store prices were increased, while others are still untouched.

Rivet Heels.... Original Store Price = 7.2k
    As of 9/25, all Rivet Heels are now 360k

User Image User Image

Carmine Red Rivet Heels - 7.2k 360k
    Golden Yellow Rivet Heels - 7.2k 360k
    Teal Rivet Heels - 7.2k 360k
    Snow White Rivet Heels - 7.2k 360k
    Coal Black Rivet Heels - 360k
    Rust Red Rivet Heels - 360k
    Worn Leather Rivet Heels - 360k
    Forest Green Rivet Heels - 360k
    Blue Slate Rivet Heels - 360k
    Faded Violet Rivet Heels - 360k

The same for a few Serafuku Bows. Some are now 54k, while other colors are still their original 1k price.
    As of 9/25, all Serafuku item prices have been increased. (bows, shirts, skirts, etc)

User Image User Image

I'm curious if they are intentionally using the current state of the disabled store to go through and increase all of H.R. Wesley prices, or if this is only for select items within the store? How do you feel about this unannounced action? Do you suppose they may continue doing this with more stores?

Thanks for your feedback! Other possibilities:

~ testing price-change feature (less likely)
    ~ error, glitch (less likely)

Stubborn Gifter

Either the items on the left has error or Gaia pulled it out for leakage. sweatdrop

Anyway, I don't like it when Gaia is being sneaky. It's best to announce it out in the open and deal the blow than this.

Fairy

~A ripple on the water...

Honestly, I suspect it is a glitch.
If not; it's another day, another riot
Can you just image the reaction if Gaia were to increase the store price for something like the peasant set?
rofl
...A tinkling on the wind~

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
I guess hr wesley was originally a high end store so if they are increasing store prices thats where they would start. If they are increasing prices the other items probably just havent been adjusted yet.

Honestly im okay with it but Id prefer they work on loyals or brenivvins shops thatnhave astronomical prices.

Lover

EitaLiraz

Can you just image the reaction if Gaia were to increase the store price for something like the peasant set?
rofl

Actually, I'm going through and noticing a few more items with the entire set increased, not just a select few. I'm less and less thinking it's a glitch. Seems they're going through the process of increasing the item prices one by one.

Oh god, just wait until they get to Barton, if they contiue to do this with other shops.
xd

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I really hope that is a glitch because it not that is some serious bullshit on top of all the other bullshit this entire thing has already been.

Off topic: Why is the site so freaking slow?

Mysterious Trickster

Well, if they're going through each store and increasing the prices, we all know what this means: purchase every gold shop item right now!

Fairy

Little Lilo
EitaLiraz
rofl

Actually, I'm going through and noticing a few more items with the entire set increased, not just a select few. I'm less and less thinking it's a glitch. Seems they're going through the process of increasing the item prices one by one.

Oh god, just wait until they get to Barton, if they contiue to do this with other shops. xd

You mean DC may once again have insane prices?
Does that mean new DC items too???
Well then.
Feeling apathetic so I'll just sit back on this one.

Demonic Lover

I bought all of the D*C stuff I sort of liked just in case XD;

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Holy s**t. I'm glad I bought out the gold shops already. gonk

Stubborn Gifter

Csilla Silvana

Off topic: Why is the site so freaking slow?

Probably the developers are still trying to figure out how to fix the achievement notice. >.>;

Kain-Senpai
Well, if they're going through each store and increasing the prices, we all know what this means: purchase every gold shop item right now!

That is EXACTLY what I'm doing right now. It's too bad I can't get the items from HRW, but at least I may be able to get the items from other shops before it happens. In addition, after going through my wishlist, it's going to become cleaner as well as how it helps me find the clothes I need to dress.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
I posted that this would happen the other day, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

Lover

SuccuViv
I bought all of the D*C stuff I sort of liked just in case XD;

That's a good idea, and probably with the other gold shops, too.

Plus when D*C opened, it had stated that their prices and item availability are not set in stone. They can adjust the prices or take something out without warning.

iArrgRainbows's Honey Bun

I'd be okay with them introducing the newer items at much higher prices, but jacking up the prices of previous items seems like an extremely shitty thing to do. I understand using this as an excuse to be a gold sink, but that's what D*C was supposed to be years ago. And that's what the Elegant set was supposed to be. If raising these prices hasn't made things better, then maybe this isn't the right way to go. Also, it'll make it impossible for new Gaians to get items, even simple gold items, without turning to Gaia cash, so they're just going to add even more inflation to the system.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Vupie

Neither am I. I'm sure they had this planned even before the Kickstart.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff