Welcome to Gaia! ::

East, West, or South?

East 0.10714285714286 10.7% [ 3 ]
West 0.17857142857143 17.9% [ 5 ]
South 0.10714285714286 10.7% [ 3 ]
Wait..no North? 0.60714285714286 60.7% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 > >>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

..:: || OOC || ::..

Welcome to Exotic Pleasures, a secret resort hidden and protected by the beauty and genius of nature.

A soft voice carries in the wind, no more than a sweet whisper, but it captures the hearts and thoughts of any who passes near the few paths that lead to the resort, drawing them into paradise, or death. If one manages to reach the resort alive, the beautiful song seems to stop, leaving the venturous only to wonder. It's rumored a siren lives in the sea, but the temptress had never been seen, and once inside the safety of the gates, is never heard again.

-NOTE-
Though I don't mind if you skim through the description below, please be sure to check out the important bits in the fourth post as they contain plot related information.

--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------

~~~~~~~

To the east are high snow capped mountains, separated by miles of desert that eventually fade into an overgrowth of beautiful, but deadly tropical wildlife. The forestry reaches far over the land before it surrounds the small Mediterranean-like building nestled at the edge of a gorgeous blue-green sea; smaller than most but the sight was still breath taking. The sea is surrounded by a wall of high cliffs, separating it almost entirely from the temperamental ocean. The high cliffs are covered in more tropical growth, thick and untamed as it consumes most of the surrounding lands. Animals of both reality and myth possess the lands, steering clear of the resort but hunting close to its borders in hopes a visitor will stray just a bit too far from safety.
High, thick walls of brick and stone surround the entire property, vines of bright exotic flowers overgrow and reach over the top, threatening to invade the protected lands inside this outer wall.

There are three paths to this resort.
One from the mountains, around the desert and through the thicket of trees and wild life. This is by far the most dangerous rout, as it is at least a weeks walk from the harsh cold weather of the mountains. The path is the least worn and easily lost where plant life has taken over after weeks, sometimes years of being unused.

From the ocean, one must climb a steep staircase, worn and chipped from the cliff side itself. A dangerous venture if one is not careful. It's a long drop from the highest point, though the landing is sand, one would still likely break their neck. Once on top there is a wide, safe path that leads slowly down, gradually descending around the sea and through a half a days walk of forest to the resort.

The safest of paths comes from the south. A commonly used path that leads through the forest, walled on each side (though some spots have deteriorated over the years) leads to and from the resort to a small village of local natives. Though they are generally a peaceful group, they are afraid of strangers and travelers that come by and usually shy away until they pass through.

The resort wall contains three entrances, one at the end of each path. The entrances are gated with twisted wrought iron, some overgrown with the invading vines, but all easily opened if one took the time to push through.

--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------

~~~~~~~~
The Resort
~~~~~~~~

Inside the walls

From whatever entrance you enter, you are greeted with beautiful gardens. Much like the plant life outside the walls, but tamed and left untouched by the wild beasts. Various stone paths lead through the garden, bridging here and there over small streams trickling from the mountains to the sea. Waterfalls both large and small send a melodic sounds through the high trees and colorful foliage. The closer you get to the resort the trees begin to thin and bits of overgrown and crumbled architecture begin to appear. Old arches and walls, almost like pieces of art displayed within the plant life. Some arcs still reach over the paths, providing shade and a cool breeze in some of the more tunnel-like structures. Birds and bugs still inhabit the inside, but besides smaller mammals most animals remain outside the wall.

The Eastern path leads one to the back of the resort. A large patio is shaded with intact arches and a wooden graph, overgrown with vines, dripping with colorful tropic flowers. Various stone fountains trickle around the perimeter, creating a sense of ambiance. There are chairs and tables, and even a small stone rise that can be, and has been used as a stage. On a sunny day or warm night the patio is usually where the events are hosted.

The Western path leads to another beautiful, but smaller and uncovered patio. An old stone sauna rests against the resort, constantly steaming beside the beautiful outdoor pool. Small compared to most, but the hand carved stonework and western sea view made up for its lack of size. This was the place to watch the sunset, when the sky is painted and its reflection glittered over the calm sea water. A small walk from this patio would lead you to the small stretch of private beach that lines the salty waters. From here you can see the size of the sea. It wasn't impressive in size, but it was large enough to barely see the far cliffs and yet stay within the safety of the outer wall.

The Southern path leads to the main entrance. Unlike the other two entrances, this path is walled on one side where it skirts along the sea. It is also the longest path from the outer wall, leading through a much larger garden until one passes beneath an extravagant stone arch into a small courtyard and large entrance door made of colorful stained glass.

Inside the building

The inside of the beautiful stone building is just as magnificent. The main entrance is a circular room with a high stone dome created of ancient arcs much like those in the garden; though far healthier and secure.The dome roof is littered with large holes and breaks, allowing vines and beautiful flowers to grow in and around the carved wooden beams built to secure the old dome ceiling, or what was left of it.
The damage however was non threatening, and was left only to show the age of the building. This was the last of the ruins that remained, as the rest of the resort was more recently built.

From this entrance room there are three arches that lead to the rest of the resort.
North, or straight ahead leads to bathrooms; women to the left, men to the right. Just past the bathroom doors is a set of stone stairs that lead up to the upper floor where the bedrooms are.
Each bedroom comes with a private bathroom, an option of one, or two queen sized beds, a small patio, and a private view of the tropical forest.
East leads to a small hall that offers three doors. A door for the library, and a door for the indoor pool. The third door leads to the east patio. The indoor pool also has a door that leads to the east patio.
West, of course, leads to the more commonly used area of the resort. The bar, lounge, kitchen, and the entrance from the west path that leads into the main room.

The Bar

Entering the western arc, or the door from the west patio, one enters into a dim, windowless room. A shocking change from the rest of the building that is always lit bright from the sun or lanterns. A polished wooden bar reaches around the south wall (left from the arc entrance), lit with candles and small lights (much like the rest of the bar/lounge). A large variety of alcohol is stocked on the back shelves, and if they ever run out, more are kept in the cellar below the kitchen. A door covered in black velvet hides the kitchen entrance from the bar, located behind the counter-employees only please ;p

The rest of the bar is littered with various tables and a small stage by the west wall. A winding staircase beside the bar leads to a second floor that shapes to a square C, overlooking the lower part of the bar. On this second floor there is only private booths to line the walls, each booth large enough to hold 4-6 people. Inside each booth is a Hookah. Smoking material can be ordered down at the bar. Though smoking is permitted in the bar, it is not anywhere else. We also encourage those to smoke in the private booths with the crimson curtains closed, but this is not a requirement.

The Lounge

The lounge is connected to the northern wall of the bar. Like the bar, this den like room had no windows and was lit by small lights and candles. A variety of chairs and couches surrounded an indoor fire pit, while others sat more privately in the corners.
Incense burned slowly in the corners, and with the smoke and heat from the fire pit, the smoke drifted up to the center of the beautiful dome ceiling, exiting through the upper ventilation while fresh air poured in from lower ventilation. Like the bar, soft ambient music played constantly unless requested otherwise.

~~~~~~~
Weather
~~~~~~~

Hot and bright during the day with a faint breeze. Warm at night with beautiful clear skies, slight gusts from the west.

~~~~~
Rules
~~~~~

---
---
Always follow Gaia's ToS!
---
---
Please be literate! I want at least one paragraph with seven well developed sentences. You don't have to write a book, and honestly I prefer you don't. I would like to actually finish a conversation with other characters. This however doesn't mean I want to see half a** posts. Give a little something about your character, descriptions, moods, something to work off of and respond to.
And novel format please. I don't want to see any of these: ** You know what I mean... *glares* ;p
OOC talk is fine as long as there is a post to go with it. Eventually there will be an OOC thread.
---
---
Violence and romance is okay, but I think we all know the Gaia limits by now. If you don't, then don't bother posting. I have a very low tolerance, for pretty much anything.. and will not hesitate to ignore you if you piss me off. With that being said, I am also very fair and open minded, but if I see boundaries being crossed something will be done about it.
Romance MUST be kept appropriate, and violence must be reasonable. No killing w/o permission, no godmoding, etc etc etc.
---
---
Bouncers and myself are allowed some level of godmoding when appropriate. But I don't want to see this abused. If customers or employees have any complaint, PLEASE PM me with the page number of which it all started.
---
---
IMAGES- I personally don't like them. However you may have whatever text format or pictures you want for posting as long as the pictures are not obscene and annoyingly large. If your picture is bigger than what you can type, I will delete your post. Okay, I'm exaggerating on this a bit, but really, I don't want to spend more time scrolling through pictures than text. )
Have fun :3

~~~~~~~~~~
Employment
~~~~~~~~~~

Please PM all applications to me. No special title is required, just a filled out form. You may choose whether or not your character will ask for a job IC, or start out already at the resort. However a brief explanation of how you came to be employed at the resort would be nice to have in your first post. If -my character- hires your character IC, an application is not required. If a manager hires you however, please send my an application.

NOTE- No matter what position you hold, all employees are required to tend the bar if there is not a bartender available!

[b]Gaianame:[/b]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Position wanted:[/b]
[b]One paragraph of how your character came to the resort:[/b]

~~~~~~~
Positions
~~~~~~~

-Owner-
>Telazol~ Fiona McKale<

-Managers-
(Second in command)

-Bartenders-
(Responsible for serving food and drinks)
>sythe224~Aries Auditore<

-Bouncers-
(Security, of course)

-Entertainment-
(Singers, dancers, etc. No stripping or crude dancing)

-Other-
(Gardening and land maintenance, room and maid serves)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random bits of info that might be useful or important:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IMPORTANT]---The land that Exotic Pleasures is built on is unnamed at this time. However if your character were to ask the village elders where you are, they would simply reply "Everywhere".
These lands reside somewhere between the Earth world and the Gaia world, always moving and never in the same place twice. This makes it a challenge for your character if they were to leave as the land shifts between the two worlds randomly and never in the same location. If your character happened to find a trail in New York's Central Park that happened to lead into the jungle lands, or if you were sailing the oceans of Gaia and come across the cliffs, then you may just sail right out into the Pacific ocean, or walk into Barton rather than NYC.
Some have been able to create portals or items that can transport them back to the land, though the only one currently known of is a portal in the Owner's vault, that not even the owner has access too.

The land is also very exotic, ranging from tropical jungle to thick forests of all kinds. Creatures of all kinds live hidden in the lands, caught between the two worlds. All races are welcome, as I said this place in in neither world and in both, so feel free to use your imagination how you like, but please DO try to be reasonable.

*Many unusual, ancient, and/or rare items/books that are kept hidden in a vault. Only the owner and family has access to these hidden treasures. Whether or not they are magical or supernatural is left unknown at this point. However its safe to assume some probably are.

The Ruins-
The ruins are scattered around the land, inside and outside the wall. Their history, meaning, and treasures are left unknown at this point, however they are a huge part of the plot in this thread. Where were they from? Who used to live on these lands? The villagers are quite on the subject, but you can bet they are decadents from the ancient race that once thrived in these lands. Another thought-What happened to the people? Why are they numbered to maybe a couple hundred now living in little barbaric huts in a small village?
~~~~~~~~~
Characters
~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to PM a profile for your character if you would like it posted. Choose whatever kind of layout and information you want.

--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------~*~--------------
Employees

----------------------------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
. : || F i o n a. * .M c K a l e || : .
-played by-
T e l a z o l

[[Age]]
Twenty Four
[[Race]]
Local Native // Race is unknown, though she appears human.
[[Occupation]]
Manager//co-owner to Exotic Pleasures
[[Hobbies]]
Piracy, drinking, smoking. She is currently researching the local ruins and investigating the native people.
[[History]]
Fiona was born in the local village by an unwed couple. Ashamed of her birth, her birth mother sold the child to pirates passing through. The Captain's mistress fell in love with the child and names her Fiona. Since then she has been the captains daughter, sailing with him and her whore of a mother on the open seas. Fiona grew up with the fellow sailors and pirates as family, uncles and brother, her mother was the only female influence she had.
After many years of plotting her father eventually found his way back to the mysterious forest that now holds Exotic Pleasures. He founded the establishment and left Fiona to run the business while he left for another job that remains something of a mystery for both her and her mother; who is currently residing with her aunt.
[[Appearance]]
Despite her slight Irish accent and name Fiona doesn't seem to fit the part. With long dark hair; brown though nearly black, and a light caramel-bronze skin, she clearly resembles those local to the area. Even her periwinkle eyes match those of the shy, quiet villagers that lurk in the darkness when strangers pass by. Physically she is strong from years of hard work; calloused hands with faint scars scattered all over her fit body. There aren't any special markings, tattoos, or scars, a few larger ones from more serious injuries but most are easily unnoticed.
~~~~~~~
Reserved
~~~~~~~
Fiona McKale sat relaxed in a private booth, puffing silently on a long wooden pipe as her booted feet crossed at the ankle; propped up on the table. The herb in her bowl burned bright, popping and crackling in the near silence of the bar every time she inhaled.
Eyes of faint periwinkle followed the twist of smoke that left her lip, sweet and hot, twisting weightlessly before her until it was drawn towards the ventilation like a black hole.
Countless days and nights were spent with a pipe between her lips. An unhealthy habit, but she loved to explore new tastes and try new smokes. This Spanish blend had a sweet smokey flavor. Not her favorite but the aftertaste was pleasant.
A cellphone vibrated in her pocket. The object seemed so out of place in such a raw environment, but just because she was a local didn't mean she was going to deprive herself from modern technology.

"This is Fi"
The conversation began as the young woman shifted in her seat, setting her pipe aside before leaving the privacy of the booth.
Fiona McKale. A local to this tropical paradise, though she had spent only a fraction of her life here. She was born in the small village not from from the resort, but before she was even a toddler, she was sold to a traveler passing through the town. Her young mother was unable to bare with the shame of keeping a child born out of wedlock. Though the traveling sailor had intended to sell her, his mistress had grown attached to the young Fiona. Eventually the two got married and Fi ended up with a pirate of a father and a whore of a mother. She loved them both.

"Yes mum I know. Dad told me so last Friday. Ya know dad, he'll be fine."
Her Irish accent almost awkward passing her lips. She had the golden tan and dark wild hair of the native folk, her body, though athletic, more full and curvaceous than her petite, fair mother.
"Will ya just try to relax mum. Enjoy your time with aunt Kaitlyn."
"Okay, love you too. b'bye."

Beep

Fiona slipped the cell back in her rust corduroy pants back pocket as she began down the spiral stairs. Her mother was with her aunt while her father was on another job. The job was apparently to dangerous to have mother tag along, and Fi refused to put up with her mother until he got back. Thank god for aunt Kaitlyn.
A casual grace brought Fiona behind the counter. A glass was brought down, as was a bottle of whiskey; as always, her drink of choice. With a couple cubes of ice to float on top, she filled the glass and set aside the bottle before bringing the amber fire to her lips. Hot and cool, it teased her soft lips and rolled over her tongue, triggering the habitual response to pinch her lips together to help ease that lingering burn.

She did worry about her father. Even she was rejected when she asked to tag along. But her father was determined that she live a normal, legal life. She hated it so far. No adventure, no fun or risk when she was stuck at this boring resort. It was beautiful though, and it allowed her access to her heritage. Though her real mother was dead and gone, Fiona was curious about that little village. Her father would tease her and claim they weren't really human, her mother hated this of course, but Fi knew it wasn't true, even when she wished it was.
But that didn't mean she couldn't poke around a little...But the village people were a little quiet, and since her father had this place built, none would even go near her. Someday though...someday..

'Go to Sigil and find a buyer. I can count on you for that much, can't I?'

Eeeh... apparently not. Who woulda thunk it was so hard to find a portal to an interdimensional hotspot? Well, the scarlet Dolphin making its way across the blue-green waters hadn't. He'd been swimming for days now and was more than a little fatigued, water glistening off a perfectly smooth hide as he broke the surface multiple times, maintaining a solid speed for as long as his tail could manage it.

Ninety-seven, ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one hundred!

'Finally...!'Anxious to give his lower half a break, the Dolphin would dive below the waves one more time before rocketing out with a blast of crimson mist; it almost looked like someone had shot a cannon just below the waves, but there was no expected SPLAT. Instead of a dolphin, there was now a little black puffin beating its wings furiously.

Wait, puffin? Why the heck had he chosen a- hey! Land!

Crooning out a loud "YES!" as the white cliffs soon towered above him, the puffin would stop worrying about his current form and keep flying, fighting gravity and swerving up along the staircase just incase something happened to his wings. Civilization at last... Once he made it up there he'd finally lose his energy, the little bird darting over the walls and over-shooting his entrance, spiralling through the air as his wings stopped flapping and he went 'plop' right into one of the patio fountains.

PLOP.
Fiona wrinkled her nose as she paused; why? Who knew, another little quirk of hers perhaps. But she could of sworn she heard something. For a brief moment she was tempted to investigate, she even went as far to peek out the door to see if anyone had come along. But no one was there. Of course not. She was was going crazy here she decided. No company, nothing but keeping this damn place together to occupy her time. How long until she snapped and burned the place down?
Apparently she wasn't to far from her breaking point.

"Oi, I need another drink."
Downing the bit of remaining whiskey, she returned to the bar and poured herself another. The bottle was set aside as she helped herself to a healthy sip, her free hand upholstering the PPK from her hip. She gave it a bored little twirl before it was safely put back.
That was it. Who cared if she proved herself insane? She was going to investigate the sound. Fiona was that desperate.

With Whiskey in hand, she left the bar, stepping out onto the western patio in hopes she might find someone trying to invade her fathers establishment. What if it were a quest? What kind of guest would make that kind of noise? Shoot first, ask questions later..
“Do-do-dodo~ Ba-doop-da-doop...” What the heck? Oh, that was it.

As Fiona came out onto her patio she'd hear the dumb little tune being muttered from behind one of her fountains. There were traces of red mist hanging over the water and coiling around to the base of the water feature, but nothing hostile or malignant about the smoke or the singing. Actually, the latter was kinda annoying.

If Fiona went all the way over and peered behind the basin, she'd see a... starfish? It was a really big starfish too, perhaps three feet across and an almost florescent shade of red. It wasn't clear where exactly the voice was coming from on the invertebrate, but it was obviously the one singing as it sunned itself on the edge of the garden.

“Ahh... this's nice...”

Fiona was officially off her rocker.

The lighthearted tune left Fiona feeling....well....she wasn't sure. A little uncomfortable maybe.
Either way she approached with caution. She wasn't the nervous type really, but part of her hoped she might find something a little dangerous; all the most exciting!
But to her surprise she was rewarded with....a star fish...no killer ninjas, or vengeful pirates or mercenaries. Not even a wild boar that managed to make its way past the wall.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me."
No, what she got was a giant, gross, slimy, smelly starfish. She loved the sea, she really did, but like spiders, starfish were one of those gross things that made Fiona a little squeamish, along with slugs, worms, and most creepy crawlies.

And...was it singing? For a moment she looked down at the glass of whiskey she had taken with her, then back to the starfish. She took another large, large sip.
"I really aught to stop smoking.." Remembering the bit of herb she had smoked earlier. She hadn't thought it was this potent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff